2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,227 posts
  • 236 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by pin2d
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 233 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190409-122146_Chrome (resized).jpg
    John Houdini (resized).PNG
    Spooky Pinball Count Chocula Pinball Press Release.pdf (PDF preview)
    iad3d1Yw (resized).jpg
    IMG_0529 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0528 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0525 (resized).jpg
    playfield-notes (resized).jpg
    logicburning01.jpg
    rethink (resized).jpg
    Screen-Shot-2019-02-06-at-7.18.54-PM (resized).png
    Screen-Shot-2019-01-14-at-9.15.06-PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 1.12.44 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #605 Stern getting Godzilla license discussion. Posted by pin2d (11 months ago)

Post #611 Link to podcast discussing Godzilla license and stern. Posted by pin2d (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ifpapinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Come on Jeff, Pulp Fiction was rumored to be Stern/Mark Ritchie months ago and then the most recent rumor was that there was licensing issues (guessing the main voice actors and music needed to do it right).

I heard Mark left Raw Thrills to go to Stern back in the Summer of 2017 . . . although I'm not quite sure why he's still attending our engineering meetings every week . . . and we're still sending him a paycheck. Weird for sure

#132 1 year ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Don’t let solid facts get in the way of some crazy rumour ....

Screw that . . . I just finished my proposal to management that Mark needs to be fired immediately. You can't work for a competitor in the industry behind our back and not expect consequences. I hope he has his resume updated

1 year later
    #1044 5 months ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

I want to make it "worth it" for the time it takes away from my wife/family, so I talked it over with them and set a goal to get to $X in 2019 to keep TWIP going.

Let me know what "X" is worth to your wife. I've put in ~20 hours per week for just about 13 years with IFPA related activities for the grand total of $0.

To be fair . . . I'm pretty sure my wife and kids hate me at this point

#1050 5 months ago

They add up! Time to buy my wife something nice

#1052 5 months ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Maybe a pinball machine for Vday?

If I told her I was getting rid of one for Vday she might let me sleep in the same room again!

#1055 5 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I honestly have no idea why you guys dont just skim off 25% for all the effort.

Honestly . . . I do it because I actually get enjoyment out of doing it. That's what makes it "worth it" to me to put in the hours, and hours, and hours (fuck it's been over 10,000 hours)

2 months later
    #1138 88 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

In case anyone needs a reminder of whom took home the vast majority of the money from these "it is just $1"
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=28932

Those dollars add up and no small coincidence when you note the top of that list and the head of the IFPA

I am sure it had nothing to do with the decision to start charging the buck though...

Zach actually took home $0 out of the NACS pool at Nationals. His prize was the same prize as every previous year (NIB Stern Pro).

Let me know if you need any additional assistance getting that Wisconsin ranking system started

#1146 88 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Nah but thanks. I largely stopped playing competitively. More fun to play casually. I spent plenty of time helping build competitive pinball in WI over the past 5+ years only to have the rules rapidly change for the benefit of ultra competitive folks that I care little about catering to at the detriment to the masses. There is little doubt that the changes are what directly slowed the growth of ifpa sanctioned events despite the continued huge boom in pinball as a whole.

Happy for you and your family that those “just a buck” entry fees are adding up.

I look forward to your eventual reality show and full sponsorship.

I can appreciate your opinion that this data supports that the dollar negatively impacted growth. There's no doubt we lost players due to protest over the dollar fee (yourself, Marvin, etc). There's no doubt we gained players through the ignorance of people having no idea about the fee. Overall as long as the fee didn't absolutely destroy the competitive pinball scene I was going to be fine with it. I'll take a "slower growth rate" as a win in our books.

Most important to me is my thanks for continuing to serve as one of the IFPA Wisconsin State Representatives. It's nice that you can set your personal opinions aside to still help our organization out.

#1152 88 days ago
    Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

To imply that the Sharpes are skimming dollars off of people so that they can line their own pockets with what a few hundred dollars is absolutely absurd and douchey. They have careers in the arcade and pinball industries. They aren't stupid enough to torpedo their own careers to make a few pennies. They win tournaments because they're good. If you don't like it, beat them.

We did take $.05 of every dollar to cover Paypal/Stripe fees along with any currency translation fees from our Canadian friends up North.

Unfortunately the 5% didn't cover those fees so I ended up writing a personal check to IFPA for $1,280.89 to cover the shortfall of the funds we promised to payout via the 75/20 split between Nationals and State's.

Turns out I am stupid enough to actually PAY money to do all this

#1157 88 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I don’t care about ifpa points anymore

Just say the word . . .

#1159 88 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks but I still have some friends whom care for them and for the ocassional sanctioned event I play in, I know they like the base points from me playing to be included rather than supressed.

Suppressed players get included in the base value of the event. The name of suppressed players are simply not displayed in the results under the player's real name. All other calculations are the same.

We're ready when you are with Beatles on the rewards program

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 149.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 49.95
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 249.00
    $ 169.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 19.99
    $ 269.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 35.00
    $ 30.00
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ifpapinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside