Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,600 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pin2d
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15_G (resized).jpeg
    Alex-PXL_20210816_214617200-2048x1152 (resized).jpg
    safe_image (resized).jpg
    28828191_2130936530468121_5394942295120187397_o (resized).jpg
    Williams Mashup Vol 2 Translite-4 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 1.21.30 PM (resized).png
    Arcade1Up-Banner-1-e1625015245371 (1) (resized).jpg
    205789224_4224325530961975_2339908732094246552_n (resized).jpg
    200387345_10159716994453627_133682609964272322_n (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 8.23.51 AM (resized).png
    TWIP6 (resized).jpg
    189032753_10161094107497586_7190923247058081221_n (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pinball_mountain_illustration-1536x2048 (resized).jpeg
    Mandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-22 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #605 Stern getting Godzilla license discussion. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #611 Link to podcast discussing Godzilla license and stern. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I'll be interested to see how well it does.
    Some people will probably want a crucifixion for such a suggestion, but I really don't think The Beatles' music has aged terribly well, or not very much of it.
    Older rock has. OLD pop, or light rock, per their music ... it feels incredibly dated. Kind of like grandpa trying to be hip.
    I know lots of older people who say that they "used to love The Beetles" ... I don't think any of them ever listen to them any more, or want to.
    Added to that, Paul McCartney's voice is so utterly terrible these days, and has been for at least a decade, and that he's generally hated ... not sure about the popularity.

Lol I don’t know who you hang with but most people I know think the Beatles music is pretty timeless. Me included.

As far as Paul’s voice sucking now and being “generally hated” (huh? He grosses $15 million a show) Who gives a shit? How is any of that relevant? The Beatles are huge.

People bring up the dumbest things to “prove” their opinion.

4 months later
    #362 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

I had a pinsider threaten to come to my home in real life and hurt me. I posted to the mods twice. They didn't contact him, suspend him or even respond to me in any way. Guy still posts on here. That was 21 months ago.

I don't think there's any official policy against threats/harassment via PM?

There probably should be as I think some people just think this is a great way to blow off some steam without being moderated. I've gotten some pretty outrageous PMs before and I'm sure many have. Veiled threats of violence (even if they ALWAYS come from drunk blowhards who are completely impotent and harmless) really shouldn't be allowed around here, especially keeping in line with the "Pinside ethos" being promoted and espoused in the TWIP interview. If stuff like that is tolerated I don't see how you can't expect it spill over onto the public forum.

You can't tell someone that you just might come and shoot them publicly, as this would surely result in moderation. Why are you allowed to send someone an uninvited PM saying the same thing?

1 month later
    #461 5 years ago

The deep root scam is starting to make sense now.

“We will make all those who lost money on Alice in Wonderland whole by offering them full credit toward a $50,000 Pinball machine. The good news is it will feature things we’ve never seen in a pinball machine before!”

1 month later
    #618 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, but this is NOT just business for business.
    It is lame and shows the companies true colors yet again.

Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

The 8 years Spooky has been a podcast, they have talked about Godzilla in almost every podcast. !

You know who doesn't talk about themes they really like on countless pinball podcasts?

Stern. There's a lesson to be learned there perhaps?

#623 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern has a known history of buying licenses just to stop others from making them.
    This was a dick move, plain and simple.

#625 5 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, I'm just not buying it. They already made a Godzilla machine once. They have a relationship with Toho. Godzilla is a huge license. There are movies in the making, toys in production. Stern has every right to grab that license.

There's no crying in pinball or business. THe idea that this is personal or any of us should be offended by it is ridiculous.

Spooky isn't doing any favors to Stern by siphoning off hundreds of thousands of dollars in pinball sales with TNA, why is Stern supposed to make any silly accommodations to their competitors?

I don't get this at all. You don't want anybody chasing your possible licenses stop flapping your gums about them. This is business folks.

#632 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

the sad part is how many great licenses are "locked up" by Stern that they will never make.
    I have to wonder if it eventually catches up to them when companies realized they potential lost revenue and brand recognition from allowing them to pay the small fee to hold but not execute?

Are you accusing Stern of “catch and kill?!”

#656 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Everyone copies everyone else in business. You can flip the script and say it's Spooky copying stern just as easily. It's just part of competition and not all companies are going to work on some moral code of ethics. Kudos to Charlie for pretty much always taking the high road though. That's certainly not easy to do.
    People just need to quit getting all emotionally caught up in behinds the scene stuff from companies that they have nothing to do with. Stern and Spooky have both made some great games. Be excited for what they are making and let them worry about what is next.

Correct. All we ever hear when somebody BESIDES Stern puts out a game - no matter how ridiculous and/or expensive it may be - is that "competition is good for pinball!"

Well here ya go Godzilla fans - the #1 pinball company on the planet has acquired your dream theme! And they may rip off the stuff from other companies you like? CO-Op modes and stripped down playfields with no ramps and shallow code?!

FUCKIN FABULOUS!

Competition is good for pinball! It's not like DE put out a DMD game in 1990 and everybody else just shrugged and said "nah, that's not for us." All this competition is gonna get us all the awesome stuff we want people! So stop yer bellyachin!

#689 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

you can attempt to rewrite history however you want.
    Intent and reality are pretty clear to those paying attention. Just sayin...
    You can flip the script, but it is inaccurate to do so.

The TWIP story on this is about 3 sentences long.

There IS no script. You can play detective all you want, to most of us there's absolutely no information, evidence, or background.

If you really want any of us to get suitably outraged you are gonna have to spread around some dirt.

#696 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Sad that Stern got it - they may do it justice, but I've no interest in Spike (2), as things currently stand.
    IMO Spooky should have just gone ahead with an unlicensed 'monster lizard' theme in the same style ... it was always pretty unlikely they'd be able to compete with a big player on what's potentially a very valuable license.

If Heighway could get Alien anybody can get anything.

#709 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I seem to recall a certain someone not obtaining a certain license... Predator anyone?

I'm guessing he never even tried.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-this-week-in-pinball?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.