Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,600 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pin2d
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15_G (resized).jpeg
    Alex-PXL_20210816_214617200-2048x1152 (resized).jpg
    safe_image (resized).jpg
    28828191_2130936530468121_5394942295120187397_o (resized).jpg
    Williams Mashup Vol 2 Translite-4 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 1.21.30 PM (resized).png
    Arcade1Up-Banner-1-e1625015245371 (1) (resized).jpg
    205789224_4224325530961975_2339908732094246552_n (resized).jpg
    200387345_10159716994453627_133682609964272322_n (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 8.23.51 AM (resized).png
    TWIP6 (resized).jpg
    189032753_10161094107497586_7190923247058081221_n (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pinball_mountain_illustration-1536x2048 (resized).jpeg
    Mandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-22 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #605 Stern getting Godzilla license discussion. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #611 Link to podcast discussing Godzilla license and stern. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I was told ages ago that one of Jack's grails was Bond and that they had at minimum an MoU with the license holders, though the title was likely a long, long way off.

Last I heard Jack wants access to the entire Bond back catalog and 1 or 2 of the actors who portrayed Bond where prooving a little harder than the others to secure.

If Jack could get the entire 25 (including the next movie due out, Daniel Craig’s last one probably) movie back catalog that would be phenomenal, it’s the one theme that could get me to go CE on.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Anyway, from what I heard, AT LEAST another 3 titles before it will come out, at earliest, if it does.

Well that is good news, that means I have plenty of time to to start saving, but first I have to handle the crap my ex is causing me.

#240 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Wow total recall artwork very cool.

Agreed really nice artwork, its one pin I really wish they managed to get out of the doors, would have been another Arnie keeper for me.

Photo of the whitewoods/prototype game below, doesn't look like the art would have fitted the playfield layout.

TOTAL RECALL PIN (resized).jpgTOTAL RECALL PIN (resized).jpg

Edit: Looking again, the artwork would have been a fairly close fit, although I’m wondering if 2 artists worked on this as the playfield art/likenesses are certainly a lot better than the translite.

#246 6 years ago

I swear I remember reading he’s hidden on a backglass/translite, sure it was TFTC.

#250 6 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

James Bond feels Heighway

Bond is Jacks (JJP) dream theme and rumours suggest he is hard at work trying to secure the licence in full.

#253 6 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Highway are definitely not doing it.

I knew that one already, speaking of Heighway they need to get on with that Terminator 1 and T2 pin

#255 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Everyone lining up to buy it calling it the most amazing game ever before playing it?

Isn’t that like every new release?

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Were "they" Kapow (or whatever their poker machine division is called)?

I was just about to ask the same thing......?

#265 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Is there any other info about Total recall? I would love to get a better idea of how it was all supposed to work?
    Was it a competitive or cooperative game? Who controlled the upper pf? What is going on under the upper pf. How did balls move between games?
    etc... I think the concept is really neat and would love the hear more.

Far as I know there isn’t much publically known about the game other than the description, translite and dual layout which has been on IPDB for some time.

I was super excited when I saw the title of the larest TWIP had artwork from Total Recall, I sent pin2d a pm saying I would love to read an article about what would have been and I am sure most of pinside would love to read a behind the scenes article on Total Recall, would be a great scoop/story for TWIP/PPS to blog.

1 month later
    #324 6 years ago

Those SW rails look awesome, first time I have seen them, great update this week, specially loved the Keith interview.

4 months later
    #657 5 years ago

If Spooky can bring me a good serving of horror lavished in some blood and guts - Friday the 13th, Halloween, SAW (endless possibility for toys/mechs in that) or even some gritty themes like DREDD, I’ll line up to buy every single one and try to make up for that Godzilla licence being nabbed by Stern.

#713 5 years ago

There are ways Spooky can work around this

3254BF64-2BFF-40C8-84B5-A1BD3BF89AAC (resized).jpeg3254BF64-2BFF-40C8-84B5-A1BD3BF89AAC (resized).jpeg
    #732 5 years ago

SpookyCharlie sign me up for a super duper LE

#764 5 years ago

It sucks for Spooky as it’s their dream theme, but there are a lot of themes Spooky could do something amazing with.

Who else is going to have the balls to produce full on horror themed games other than Spooky? Stern are targeting the mass/nostalgia markets.

I want to see stuff like Halloween, Friday the 13th, SAW, I’d even take a Scream themed game get all the horror classics made and I’ll buy one of each!

1 month later
    #844 5 years ago

Iron Maiden retheme link isn’t working, can you elaborate as its unviewable.

2 months later
    #960 5 years ago

Great as always Jeff, I haven’t been keeping up with the MBr thread, so was great to read those above, some nice work on CGC part.

Franchi doing artwork for future titles with Stern & KaPow, has to be Superman 78!?

1 month later
    #992 5 years ago

Great read as always

pin2d Jeff have you heard any rumours of Stern having the licence for Bond and recently acquiring the Jaws licence?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-this-week-in-pinball?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.