3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,434 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by pin2d
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 8.48.51 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 11.25.13 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 6.43.37 PM (resized).png
    IMG_3720 (resized).JPG
    100954461_10158559796259244_163660351584337920_o (resized).jpg
    glowinthedarkphonesNew (resized).jpeg
    Screen-Shot-2020-06-28-at-2.29.18-PM (resized).png
    Flipping_Off_Cancer-Low-Res_900x (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 12.38.32 PM (resized).png
    yeti-working (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    IMG_3123 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3126 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3131 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3132 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1434 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 29.
    #151 2 years ago

I'll be interested to see how well it does.

Some people will probably want a crucifixion for such a suggestion, but I really don't think The Beatles' music has aged terribly well, or not very much of it.

Older rock has. OLD pop, or light rock, per their music ... it feels incredibly dated. Kind of like grandpa trying to be hip.

I know lots of older people who say that they "used to love The Beetles" ... I don't think any of them ever listen to them any more, or want to.

Added to that, Paul McCartney's voice is so utterly terrible these days, and has been for at least a decade, and that he's generally hated ... not sure about the popularity.

#152 2 years ago

At one time, it was considered a current theme.

beattime1 (resized).jpg

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Yeah, kinda already knew about Beatles as Franchi said on the K-man podcast that the next Kapow title was one that was loved around the world. Kinda think Beatles trumps Munsters on that one. There is a pretty good Beatles VP game available. Gotta say, their music doesn't "flow" as well with pinball as you'd think. Would definitely have to stick with their more pop early era stuff (ticket to ride, she loves you, etc) to work. If it is yellow submarine like everyone says, then I don't think it will work out as great as a game. However, a Beatles property alone will sell...because Beatlemania is real.

I’m a Beatles fan and I agree with the Yellow Submarine part, that won’t click with most and could be an odd mix.

If it is Beatlemania like at the start of the British Invasion with their big hits then it could be great.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Some people will probably want a crucifixion for such a suggestion, but I really don't think The Beatles' music has aged terribly well, or not very much of it.
    Older rock has. OLD pop, or light rock, per their music ... it feels incredibly dated. Kind of like grandpa trying to be hip.
    I know lots of older people who say that they "used to love The Beetles" ... I don't think any of them ever listen to them any more, or want to.
    Added to that, Paul McCartney's voice is so utterly terrible these days, and has been for at least a decade, and that he's generally hated ... not sure about the popularity.

Lol I don’t know who you hang with but most people I know think the Beatles music is pretty timeless. Me included.

As far as Paul’s voice sucking now and being “generally hated” (huh? He grosses $15 million a show) Who gives a shit? How is any of that relevant? The Beatles are huge.

People bring up the dumbest things to “prove” their opinion.

#155 2 years ago

On the positive side, they haven't released a music pin featuring long dead major rock stars since Elvis.

#156 2 years ago

And they said the licesne would cost too much.....

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

All of them except Ringo also had successful solo carriers

What?? Ringo's first two albums were fantastic! The Beatles wrote some of the songs!

r2 (resized).jpg
    r1 (resized).jpg

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

What?? Ringo's first two albums were fantastic!

And he still tours now and then with the all starr band. And who could forget his great acting career?

512T3CT82HL._SY445_ (resized).jpg

#159 2 years ago

Saw many of his All Stars Concerts! Fantastic!!

#160 2 years ago

And let us not forget who did lead vocals on Yellow Submarine!

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

What?? Ringo's first two albums were fantastic! The Beatles wrote some of the songs!

Quoted from o-din:

And he still tours now and then with the all starr band. And who could forget his great acting career?

I was never a fan but I'm glad others enjoy it. Was always much more of a George Harrison fan.

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Was always much more of a George Harrison fan.

Love George as well.

#163 2 years ago

They were all great! Greatest rock n roll band of all time. Modern pinball doesn't deserve them. I'd rather keep my memories intact.

#164 2 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Totally! He sounds terrible!! And everyone much prefers light rock like captain and tennille these days!

Its sad when a group can only immediately sell out every show they play and have their own XM/Sirius station. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

#165 2 years ago

So was Beatles the second theme? That and Pulp Fiction?

#166 2 years ago

dear lord john george (resized).jpg

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Totally! He sounds terrible!! And everyone much prefers light rock like captain and tennille these days!
    » YouTube video
    Its sad when a group can only immediately sell out every show they play and have their own XM/Sirius station. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

He sounds tone deaf in that video, as he has done for years.

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

He's sounded similar to that his whole life. He has a unique voice and it has actually held up really well compared to other people his age touring. He's a fantastic musician and song writer. Not my favorite Beatle but if you don't respect his talent I'm not sure what to tell you.

Why does pinside hate everything?

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

They spend all their money and get ripped off? They don't get the theme they want? They can't take a joke? You tell me.

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They spend all their money and get ripped off? They don't get the theme they want? They can't take a joke? You tell me.

No clue, I buy what I like and enjoy them, I'm happy to play all of the new games. If I buy something that I don't end up loving I just sell it. Easy come, easy go.

#171 2 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

lol. If tone deaf means 'amazing for a 70 something that still sells out stadiums and has sold over 1.5 BILLION singles' then yes. I agree completely.

Dude is utterly tone deaf.

seriously though, I've read that alot of beatles music was tuned at a SLIGHTLY lower semitone (435 vs the traditional 440).

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Easy come, easy go.

Bobby Sherman, I believe.

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

McCartney's shit has always been weak sauce. Has 1.5 good beatles songs (maybe talked into 1-2 more) are a complete wash.

#174 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Caveman is hilarious!
    Lana /Barbara Bach was pretty hot

image (resized).jpeg

#175 2 years ago

I think the Beatles is a home run theme. I still dig their music but I’m no music expert and often get ripped on for my taste in music. Call me crazy but I prefer the theme of Beatles to the rumored Deadpool theme.

#176 2 years ago

Lennon was always my favorite.

I want a Tomorrow Never Knows subliminal mode.

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I think the Beatles is a home run theme. I still dig their music but I’m no music expert and often get ripped on for my taste in music. Call me crazy but I prefer the theme of Beatles to the rumored Deadpool theme.

Zach, you're crazy.

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Lennon was always my favorite.

I'm a huge Pete Best fan.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'm a huge Pete Best fan.

He loves you too!

220px-Pete_Best_drumming (resized).jpg

#180 2 years ago

Fast and the Furious... Pass.

Still hoping for Back to the Future, but not holding my breath.

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

Fast and the Furious... Pass.
    Still hoping for Back to the Future, but not holding my breath.

I'm also hoping for Back to the Future!

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

We'll go ahead and announce the other one today too in a bit

Going on 7 hours now. Lame!

#183 2 years ago

TWIPY you need to do a podcast.

Lots of interest

#184 2 years ago

They announced it on their twitter site. It was pulp fiction and Beatles.

#185 2 years ago

It'll be Joe Kaminkow, and it'll be Yellow Submarine specifically. For the price it would cost, you wouldn't try to cover the whole of the Beatles' career, as it would be impossible to put in everything you wanted to do, and the band went through enough phases and styles that there's no way you could come close to pleasing all the fans with it. Instead, you'd pick one evocative style and period as a piece of pop art that everyone knows, and run with that as far as you can.

And now I'm pissed off because Yellow Submarine is EXACTLY what I wanted to do at the top of my themes list, and if this is a reskin of another Stern game like Batman '66 is, I will be hurling very large and very hard green apples at it. I can tell you for naught that my version would have the Snapping Turks and Apple Bonkers in as ball manipulators and diverters, the Glove as a rotating mech pointing out things on the table to shoot, the Submarine as a ball lock device that pops up little faces in the windows as balls as shot into it, the design would incorporate a Cleft Ramp, a looooooooong bank of drops with wider standups behind for spelling YELLOW and SUBMARINE, an interactive Sea Of Holes that you have to navigate the ball across without falling in, and a shakeable globe toy with the Sergeant Pepper band inside.

#186 2 years ago

What the hell is twitter???

#187 2 years ago

WOW if this true,Houdini hasta wait!!!!Yellow Sub.would not be my choice of themes! Gonna hafta see this one!!FYI,there will never be a HP pin,the author doesn't care for where pinball is played,so,she will not give permission for a license !!Never cared much as Sir Paul,as a solo act

#188 2 years ago

I’m all for a Beatles machine however I really think if it is only Yellow Submarine, that is a very expensive risk to take. Definitely not their mainstream stuff that the masses like.

#189 2 years ago

Pulp Fiction: lame, so very lame.
    Beetles: lame also, but not AS lame

New pin $ safe

#190 2 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

It'll be Joe Kaminkow, and it'll be Yellow Submarine specifically. For the price it would cost, you wouldn't try to cover the whole of the Beatles' career, as it would be impossible to put in everything you wanted to do

Then here's the original Beatles songs to choose from from that album and movie along with a few orchestrated numbers-

1. "Yellow Submarine"
    2. "Only a Northern Song"
    3. "All Together Now"
    4. "Hey Bulldog"
    5. "It's All Too Much"
    6. "All You Need Is Love"

Yay. I'll just stick to watching it when it comes on Nickelodeon again.

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Then here's the original Beatles songs to choose from from that album and movie along with a few orchestrated numbers-
    1. "Yellow Submarine"
    2. "Only a Northern Song"
    3. "All Together Now"
    4. "Hey Bulldog"
    5. "It's All Too Much"
    6. "All You Need Is Love"
    Yay. I'll just stick to watching it when it comes on Nickelodeon again.

There's the expanded 'soundtrack' album that also has the full versions of the other songs played in the film; either fully, short clips, or just referenced. So you'd also have A Day In The Life, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Baby You're A Rich Man, Love You To, Eleanor Rigby, Think For Yourself, and others. Plus George Martin's film score is easily good enough to use as main background tracks with the songs filling in the modes and other special bits.

#192 2 years ago

Pulp Fiction is a dream theme. Yellow Sub, not so much. But whoever does Pulp Fiction will have to go all out and not cut too much out. And will have to have more than 4 original songs - prefer the entire soundtrack please. So I'm not holding my breath.

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

There's the expanded 'soundtrack' album that also has the full versions of the other songs played in the film; either fully, short clips, or just referenced.

From 1999. A longer list for sure. Just like pinball, you won't be able to please everybody.

1. "Yellow Submarine" Ringo Starr 2:38
    2. "Hey Bulldog" John Lennon (with Paul McCartney) 3:14
    3. "Eleanor Rigby" Paul McCartney 2:06
    4. "Love You To" George Harrison 3:01
    5. "All Together Now" Paul McCartney (with John Lennon) 2:10
    6. "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" John Lennon 3:28
    7. "Think for Yourself" George Harrison 2:18
    8. "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" Paul McCartney (with John Lennon and George Harrison) 2:02
    9. "With a Little Help from My Friends" Ringo Starr 2:44
    10. "Baby, You're a Rich Man" John Lennon 3:03
    11. "Only a Northern Song" George Harrison 3:27
    12. "All You Need Is Love" John Lennon 3:57
    13. "When I'm Sixty-Four" Paul McCartney 2:37
    14. "Nowhere Man" John Lennon (with Paul McCartney and George Harrison) 2:44
    15. "It's All Too Much" George Harrison 6:28

#194 2 years ago

Huge pulp fiction fan, only concern I have is it going to be very difficult to pull off well imo.

But I hope however rises to the challenge they do it justice.

#195 2 years ago

Considering what DP did with TBL, they’re the only company I could see pulling off the adult theme with Pulp Fiction. Sadly we know how that story would end.

#196 2 years ago

Are we really still beating the Mark Ritchie Pulp Fiction drum? It's been a rumor for years now. I know I had already heard about it when he was helping me wheel a Full Throttle across the parking lot to Twin Peaks for the launch party, and that was what? Expo 2015?

#197 2 years ago

Pulp Fiction would be really cool. I think Pulp Fiction with Keith Elwin as designer (with some old Archer bones) would be AWESOME.

Not excited for the Beatles, but I have never been a fan of the band so no surprise there.

#198 2 years ago

Have they run out of good titles to do?

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

From 1999. A longer list for sure. Just like pinball, you won't be able to please everybody

Then the best time to 'disappoint' them is at the announcement stage when you make it clear exactly what they can expect, keep it realistic, and give them time to get used to the idea and come around to it. Nothing has given bad press to more dream themes than leaving the potential buyers to dream up expectations and wish lists that can't possibly be fulfilled in the end.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 85.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 8.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 21.00
    There are 1434 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 29.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside