Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,600 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pin2d
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15_G (resized).jpeg
    Alex-PXL_20210816_214617200-2048x1152 (resized).jpg
    safe_image (resized).jpg
    28828191_2130936530468121_5394942295120187397_o (resized).jpg
    Williams Mashup Vol 2 Translite-4 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 1.21.30 PM (resized).png
    Arcade1Up-Banner-1-e1625015245371 (1) (resized).jpg
    205789224_4224325530961975_2339908732094246552_n (resized).jpg
    200387345_10159716994453627_133682609964272322_n (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 8.23.51 AM (resized).png
    TWIP6 (resized).jpg
    189032753_10161094107497586_7190923247058081221_n (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pinball_mountain_illustration-1536x2048 (resized).jpeg
    Mandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-22 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,600 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 32.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Fast and the Furious

Groot approves! You can keep the rest...

#102 6 years ago

Ugh! Pulp Fiction? Really? I loved the movie when it came out and it is still enjoyable to watch...but for pinball. Not a great theme. Unfortunately I can see the music handled as poorly as GOTG in this one. Plus, not into R rated games as a father. Kinda how I feel about Sopranos...no interest because R rated theme and just doesn't seem to play as a great pinball theme. To those who want this one...have at it. For me, color me dissapointed.

#103 6 years ago

Hard pass on that theme. Good movie but...

...next!

#104 6 years ago

Wow. Did not see Pulp Fiction as one of the themes. That'll be interesting!

Hopefully, they'll keep it adult oriented and not try to neuter it like they did to Game of Thrones.

#106 6 years ago

so Pulp Fiction is the announcement after all this?

Come on Jeff, Pulp Fiction was rumored to be Stern/Mark Ritchie months ago and then the most recent rumor was that there was licensing issues (guessing the main voice actors and music needed to do it right).

If you are going to hype, then you need to deliver. Where did you research to pull this info that the license is owned. Give some legs to it by putting it out there IMHO. I know there are others that are connected and often go search for rights purchases. i also know that Stern has a nasty habbit of just buying up rights to prevent others from possibly getting them, so many never happen.

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

(guessing the main voice actors and music needed to do it right)

That never stopped them before...

#108 6 years ago

Wow pulp fiction awesome one of my favorite movies lots of cool ideas. The theme song could be played as the music. But I thought there were many rumors a while back that stern was making pulp fiction and then the game got pulled and was not realesed.

#109 6 years ago

Pass for me as well, hard to imagine how to integrate this theme into pinball.

#111 6 years ago

I'd be totally in for Pulp Fiction if it gets made. Dream theme. Whichever of the games in my collection Stern recycles the layout from will have to go, no questions asked. OK, maybe not Tron or Met

#112 6 years ago

You can have a part in the game like x men. On x men Deadpool helps so on pulp fiction you could have Mr.Wolf helping you.

#113 6 years ago

Pulp Fiction is a pretty old rumor!

May as well name the second now as well

#114 6 years ago

Could be epic, classic film with class soundtrack, Christ they made a brilliant pinball about fishing back in the day, fingers cr9ssed whomever has it doesn't cut corners and rely on the licence to make sales.... yes stern I'm looking at you....

#115 6 years ago

Pulp Fiction.....UGH! I don't see how that license can be transitioned to a pinball machine but good luck with that. Whatever company licensed this it's a bad business decision!

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Come on Jeff, Pulp Fiction was rumored to be Stern/Mark Ritchie months ago and then the most recent rumor was that there was licensing issues (guessing the main voice actors and music needed to do it right).

I heard Mark left Raw Thrills to go to Stern back in the Summer of 2017 . . . although I'm not quite sure why he's still attending our engineering meetings every week . . . and we're still sending him a paycheck. Weird for sure

#117 6 years ago

Of all current incumbents, I can only really see Spooky or DP not shirking the rather adult content ... I'm guessing Spooky probably wouldn't want to take on the expectations of such a license (wise IMO) and DP have enough problems trying to deliver TBL / survive - if they did previously get the license, they should have handed it back by now.

JJP? No way they'd do this.
    CGC? They must have a plan for post-remakes, but such an adult title as a first original machine? Don't see them taking that risk.
    Stern? Will either neuter it or ruin the theme generally.
    AP? Focusing on unlicensed.

So that leaves Stern, per the rumours. Doesn't exactly fill me with excitement, given their hardware issues, code issues, empty tables, respun layouts, and general butchering of media surrounding themes (the car crash that is GotG).

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

I heard Mark left Raw Thrills to go to Stern back in the Summer of 2017 . . . although I'm not quite sure why he's still attending our engineering meetings every week . . . and we're still sending him a paycheck. Weird for sure

guy has pulled off the double dip! lol

I have always dreamt about pulling that one off. Find a new job and see how long you can call in sick, be on PTO, and get just enough done to pull a salary at the old place before being fired...

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

so Pulp Fiction is the announcement after all this?
    If you are going to hype, then you need to deliver. Where did you research to pull this info that the license is owned. Give some legs to it by putting it out there IMHO. I know there are others that are connected and often go search for rights purchases. i also know that Stern has a nasty habbit of just buying up rights to prevent others from possibly getting them, so many never happen.

Gotta agree. I think I heard as far back as 2016 that MR was working on Pulp Fiction for stern. I heard that there was a license issue and it was delayed or ever scrapped though so maybe it is back on. But stern clearly has had this license for a while.

Hopefully the next one announced is a surprise like Beastie Boys or something. Otherwise I think most of us can announce some licenses from that list and which company has them. JJP has Harry Potter and Toy Story and possibly Willy Wonka. Stern has Iron Maiden, JW, and Beatles and several others through Kapow. Doesn't mean they will all make it to game releases though.

Did anyone ever hear for sure what game Trudeau was working on that got scrapped due to the license so he did WrestleMania?

#120 6 years ago

Did I miss the Pulp Fiction reveal somewhere?

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Of all current incumbents, I can only really see Spooky or DP not shirking the rather adult content ... I'm guessing Spooky probably wouldn't want to take on the expectations of such a license (wise IMO) and DP have enough problems trying to deliver TBL / survive - if they did previously get the license, they should have handed it back by now.
    JJP? No way they'd do this.
    CGC? They must have a plan for post-remakes, but such an adult title as a first original machine? Don't see them taking that risk.
    Stern? Will either neuter it or ruin the theme generally.
    AP? Focusing on unlicensed.
    So that leaves Stern, per the rumours. Doesn't exactly fill me with excitement, given their hardware issues, code issues, empty tables, respun layouts, and general butchering of media surrounding themes (the car crash that is GotG).

Could it maybe be Heighway? Their next theme is supposed to me a licensed theme and they tend to orientate more toward adult themes like Alien.

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Could it maybe be Heighway? Their next theme is supposed to me a licensed theme and they tend to orientate more toward adult themes like Alien.

They certainly didn't have the rights before the new ownership came in.

I think a license this fraught and likely expensive would be the last thing they'd want to take on. But who knows.

Next theme was Queen. They may well have changed their plans though - quite likely in fact. Fourth game was Playboy, but since Andrew is now gone, I don't see any chance of them ever doing that theme.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

JJP has Harry Potter

Wait, what?

#124 6 years ago

It's been rumored for years. Doesn't mean it will get made though. The amount of extra licensing required to make it good might mean it never happens.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-in-jjps-future

#125 6 years ago

Pulp Fiction isn't for everybody for sure! We've heard the past rumors but did not have confirmation that a company had it until fall of last year.

We'll go ahead and announce the other one today too in a bit, which you may like better. We've eliminated some more and here are the remaining possibilities:

Back to the Future
    The Beatles
    The Goonies
    Harry Potter
    James Bond
    Jaws
    Super Mario Bros.
    Zelda

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Pulp Fiction isn't for everybody for sure! We've heard the past rumors but did not have confirmation that a company had it until fall of last year.
    We'll go ahead and announce the other one today too in a bit, which you may like better. We've eliminated some more and here are the remaining possibilities:
    Back to the Future
    The Beatles
    The Goonies
    Harry Potter
    James Bond
    Jaws
    Super Mario Bros.
    Zelda

Probably Jaws and Stern.

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Back to the Future
    The Beatles
    The Goonies
    Harry Potter
    James Bond
    Jaws
    Super Mario Bros.
    Zelda

No Beastie Boys

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

No Beastie Boys

I know. It is in my top 5 of wanted pins

#129 6 years ago

I'm hoping this second title is either Goonies, Beatles or Zepp.

Didn't Goonies win some sort of Classic cultural importance award from the national film registry last month?

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Don’t let solid facts get in the way of some crazy rumour ....

rd

#131 6 years ago

Jaws is the theme of themes for me. Favorite all time movie. Great music and so many quotable lines in that film. Every day I hope that someone other than Stern gets it. I just can't take the letdown. I'd rather it be a fantasy than a Stern reality.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Screw that . . . I just finished my proposal to management that Mark needs to be fired immediately. You can't work for a competitor in the industry behind our back and not expect consequences. I hope he has his resume updated

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd

There are no facts on pinside. Just things that we make up and we do it often enough that sometimes they come true

I will say that I think this one is real. There's been way too much smoke simmering over the last year on this rumor. Plus Mark will be at TPF again this year. Maybe to talk about his old games and sign some translites, or maybe to show off something new. Stern always has a new title at TPF.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

We've eliminated some more and here are the remaining possibilities:

Back to the Future
    The Beatles
    The Goonies
    Harry Potter
    James Bond
    Jaws
    Super Mario Bros.
    Zelda

So in other words, nothing new.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Screw that . . . I just finished my proposal to management that Mark needs to be fired immediately. You can't work for a competitor in the industry behind our back and not expect consequences. I hope he has his resume updated

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#136 6 years ago

Old rumor that Stern have Beatles - Yellow Submarine? ( Kapow ).

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I will say that I think this one is real. There's been way too much smoke simmering over the last year on this rumor. Plus Mark will be at TPF again this year. Maybe to talk about his old games and sign some translites, or maybe to show off something new. Stern always has a new title at TPF.

So the fact that the guy doesn’t even work for Stern doesn’t sort of sway your opinion just a tiny little bit ...?

rd

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

So the fact that the guy doesn’t even work for Stern doesn’t sort of sway your opinion just a tiny little bit ...?
    rd

Neither does Dennis Nordman and he has a game coming out. It's just a contract job. No different then Alex Horley doing the artwork for RZ.

#139 6 years ago

Do it. This kidney has been burning a hole in my pocket.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

If you really care about the future of pinball... make it so!!! lol

Quoted from rotordave:

rd

nah, not really... Many designers have other jobs in the current world of pinball design. Ben Heck, Scott D, heck even Pat Lawlor supposedly had much of the general layout down for DI well before it came to JJP fruition.

It is not like designing a game has to be full time and with the cycle time issues Stern has had it actually seems logical that they would do something like take on more side work (like KaPow stuff already).

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Back to the Future
    The Beatles
    The Goonies
    Harry Potter
    James Bond
    Jaws
    Super Mario Bros.
    Zelda

You guys left BTTF and Mario on this list just to play with my emotions.

#142 6 years ago

Pulp Fiction could be as big a draw as Alien, TBL or the Matrix, if done right. Only manufacturer that won't be able to give it justice is Stern (or Kapow), all others could probably push the envelope on development as required.

PF1 (resized).jpgPF1 (resized).jpg
    pf2 (resized).jpgpf2 (resized).jpg

pf3 (resized).jpgpf3 (resized).jpg

#143 6 years ago

"Now that is a tasty bumper."

#144 6 years ago

Pulp Fiction and Beatles? This was very anticlimactic.

#145 6 years ago

Yeah, kinda already knew about Beatles as Franchi said on the K-man podcast that the next Kapow title was one that was loved around the world. Kinda think Beatles trumps Munsters on that one. There is a pretty good Beatles VP game available. Gotta say, their music doesn't "flow" as well with pinball as you'd think. Would definitely have to stick with their more pop early era stuff (ticket to ride, she loves you, etc) to work. If it is yellow submarine like everyone says, then I don't think it will work out as great as a game. However, a Beatles property alone will sell...because Beatlemania is real.

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

If it is yellow submarine like everyone says

..everybody's going to have to start dropping acid again.

#147 6 years ago

Beatles will sell well to the grandparent crowd for their basements or perhaps in the retirement home rec room. Can't imagine it doing much on location.

#148 6 years ago

Probably should change the title of this thread so it doesn't read "two new themes" as well.

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Beatles will sell well to the grandparent crowd for their basements or perhaps in the retirement home rec room. Can't imagine it doing much on location.

I know a ton of younger people that are big Beatles fans and I know a few old people that are still into them. They are still relevant because they were talented artist that could write good music. All of them except Ringo also had successful solo carriers which just further proves how talented they were. If it's done well it will sell and will be popular across a wide audience. If it can get pinball in retirement homes that would be pretty cool even though you meant it in a sarcastic way.

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

All of them except Ringo also had successful solo carriers

How quickly they forget.

There are 1,600 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-this-week-in-pinball/page/3?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.