2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,253 posts
  • 236 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by pin2d
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 234 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gtbXxXd (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190409-122146_Chrome (resized).jpg
    John Houdini (resized).PNG
    Spooky Pinball Count Chocula Pinball Press Release.pdf (PDF preview)
    iad3d1Yw (resized).jpg
    IMG_0529 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0528 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0525 (resized).jpg
    playfield-notes (resized).jpg
    logicburning01.jpg
    rethink (resized).jpg
    Screen-Shot-2019-02-06-at-7.18.54-PM (resized).png
    Screen-Shot-2019-01-14-at-9.15.06-PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1253 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 26.
    #1201 46 days ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Totally agree!

So then why is TMNT listed as a rumor?

Beetlejuice and Superman '78 definitely were solid rumors. Too bad they may not see the light of day.

#1202 46 days ago

pinball news needs to stop taking itself so seriously.. this is pinball, not CNN. if there are a handful of upset followers that think JJP "lied" thats their own problem, not TWIP

#1203 46 days ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Because it is not listed because some people here like to see it but else.

If Jeff lists it it's quite close to confirmed.

Beetlejuice and Superman '78 definitely were solid rumors. Too bad they may not see the light of day.

That was the "I saw some art"-only rumor.

#1204 46 days ago

I didn't read too deep into the "is wonka on the line" News the last couple of weeks but you questioning and Jack answering seemed more like a funny continued conversation, with Jack obviously dodging the question.

In addition I don't recall you asking "is it on the line yet" with other manufacturers, so I read that whole thing more as "Jeff" and less like "TWIP", just like when you talk about Harry Potter.

So don't get mad about that and enjoy the game if you like it.

Thx and Keep up the good work!

#1205 46 days ago

For the TWIP site, I try to only add rumors that I consider "highly credible". I previously added Beetlejuice and Superman '78, they were definitely in that category, as both were being worked on in some capacity. Now though they both sound like they won't happen, so they've been deleted.

I've moved a lot of the rumored titles and rumored features on the "highly credible" titles and that type of stuff to the "Insider" program (I try to get 100% of the info correct in that correspondence too), and try to keep TWIP itself more about keeping people informed on what is going on in the hobby.

If I just added every rumor there would be a million of them...and I'd probably add Harry Potter for every manufacturer just to wish that to come true

#1206 46 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Is Bill and Ted not a rumor?
    I have been hearing that every few months for about a year so I figured it would be on the list?
    Am I the only one hearing that. 3 different sources that have all had some lucky insights in the past, so I have started to will it into existence also

Wasn't the whole B&T thing just some photoshop by Dead Flip? Just like how he did it with some other concept themes that Stern probably won't go after. He has a few friends at Stern and people really think he'd just leak years of planning for the lulz...come on guys.

#1207 46 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wasn't the whole B&T thing just some photoshop by Dead Flip? Just like how he did it with some other concept themes that Stern probably won't go after. He has a few friends at Stern and people really think he'd just leak years of planning for the lulz...come on guys.

B&T on Tuesday!

#1208 46 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I heard the rumor well before that.

I always kind of assume they were using those fun mockups to judge fan response. I assume some are actually being worked on.

#1209 46 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I heard the rumor well before that.
    I always kind of assume they were using those fun mockups to judge fan response. I assume some are actually being worked on.

Yeah but what is pinside's opinion really worth? It's mostly people who will buy whatever is new, people who will never buy new, people who will only be disappointed after building up a game in their head, etc. I mean sure, use it as a free data point, but know that the data is skewed because of the kinds of people who frequently post on pinside.

If I was Stern, I'd primarily gauge the opinion of distributors. They're the ones who have to sell what Stern is serving. They're the ones talking to people ready to buy. They know the market better than pinside.

#1210 46 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah but what is pinside's opinion really worth

not sure, but they apparently convinced Stern that Maiden was a good theme. If the designer is even saying that nobody else wanted to touch it, then it goes to show what a shit theme it was.

Managed to sell well do to design and ruleset from Elwin being a damn golden god that understands what collectors want despite the crap theme.

#1211 46 days ago

Enough with all this high brow intelligent news discussion... Let's make a real addition here a deep dive on ' Backup Terry' the real star of TWIP...

#1212 46 days ago
    Quoted from davidlldennis:

Enough with all this high brow intelligent news discussion... Let's make a real addition here a deep dive on ' Backup Terry' the real star of TWIP...

I listened to this, then watched it and was highly underwhelmed.

Reminds me of the buildup to the Wonka reveal!

#1213 46 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah but what is pinside's opinion really worth? It's mostly people who will buy whatever is new, people who will never buy new, people who will only be disappointed after building up a game in their head, etc. I mean sure, use it as a free data point, but know that the data is skewed because of the kinds of people who frequently post on pinside.
    If I was Stern, I'd primarily gauge the opinion of distributors. They're the ones who have to sell what Stern is serving. They're the ones talking to people ready to buy. They know the market better than pinside.

If you ask them what they want, they want the next game like that last one that sold best.

That's why we get Metal pin 1, 2 ,3, 4...

You MAY sell more if you slip in a product (license) wich does not have an audience as big, but "hungry" and has not been catered to.
    Like an Anime (Akira, GitS) or Videogame (Mario, Sonic, Zelda) Pin.

#1214 46 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

not sure, but they apparently convinced Stern that Maiden was a good theme. If the designer is even saying that nobody else wanted to touch it, then it goes to show what a shit theme it was.
    Managed to sell well do to design and ruleset from Elwin being a damn golden god that understands what collectors want despite the crap theme.

Yeah and pinside was wrong about Maiden being a good theme. Elwin didn't seem to be into Maiden either, but he was able to graft it onto his design (Plus who knows what options Stern gave him to pick from)

It is a great game though. It's done well the past year while the pinheads get their fill. But in my experience, random people don't like it. Don't care for the theme, don't understand the rules, it's got some tough shots, not many obvious objectives to them, etc...

#1215 46 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah and pinside was wrong about Maiden being a good theme. Elwin didn't seem to be into Maiden either, but he was able to graft it onto his design (Plus who knows what options Stern gave him to pick from)
    It is a great game though. It's done well the past year while the pinheads get their fill. But in my experience, random people don't like it. Don't care for the theme, don't understand the rules, it's got some tough shots, not many obvious objectives to them, etc...

Iron Maiden Prem does great on the mostly n00b-player route I help with. Not jjPotC great, but very well, and jjPotC is much newer.

#1216 46 days ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If you ask them what they want, they want the next game like that last one that sold best.
    That's why we get Metal pin 1, 2 ,3, 4...
    You MAY sell more if you slip in a product (license) wich does not have an audience as big, but "hungry" and has not been catered to.
    Like an Anime (Akira, GitS) or Videogame (Mario, Sonic, Zelda) Pin.

While I think you're right that there would be some confirmation bias, I would think the distributors also know the value of a diverse offering to have on their showfloor.

#1217 46 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Iron Maiden Prem does great on the mostly n00b-player route I help with. Not jjPotC great, but very well, and jjPotC is much newer.

I guess it just really depends on the context of the location. Iron Maiden next to a Transformers and a Fish Tales gets its butt kicked in drop in a place that has done well with a variety of titles, from Batman 66 to Monster Bash to WWF Royal Rumble.

#1218 46 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

While I think you're right that there would be some confirmation bias, I would think the distributors also know the value of a diverse offering to have on their showfloor.

That is right of course.

To some degree at least. Games like WWE offer some diversity... but noone buys it so it just blocks floor space and money.
    So you don't want to take the risk.

#1219 46 days ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That is right of course.
    To some degree at least. Games like WWE offer some diversity... but noone buys it so it just blocks floor space and money.

WWE was just a straight up game. The wrestlers people care about was on the most expensive version, and the affordable version was full of wrestlers that only kids care about. Just bad choices all around. And that's without getting into that dumb upper playfield.

I think JJP does a much better job with offering a diverse lineup in their lineup (which makes sense considering Jack was a distributor first)

#1220 46 days ago

Regarding the Podcast:

BTTF is NOT a "fun game to play".
    While not actively bad, it is the most mediocre and blend pinball machine I ever owned.
    Edit: The only person that ever said "it's a fun little game" was Joe Kamnikow (the Designer) himself. And even he puts that into context that it's afun Little game when you take in regard they had to design it within TWO WEEKS!!! XD

While TMNT plays even worse, it at least does stand out in some areas. (Maybe it's just so bad it begins to get good.)
    The rules are basically non-existent and there's nothing really to shoot for other then the ramp(s) but it does have great playfield art and sound package that really captures you... for a 5 minute game. (After that it might get on your nerves.)
    And compared to BTTF, TMNT at least have a rotating Pizza (that does basically nothing) as well as the "sewer" subway (that basically is senseless also, since the "get out of the sewers"-multiball doesn't use it).
    How they messed that one up to be a 3 ball game I can't get either.
    But I still want that game back, even though it's sh**.

#1221 46 days ago

Happy TWIP Tuesday!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-july-9th-2019/

- Gerry Stellenberg Interview
    - Pintastic Recap
    - Black Knight Updates
    - Franchi Update
    - Dwight Sullivan Interview
    - Mike Vinikour Interview

#1222 44 days ago

Did you ask Dwight why he phoned in Munsters code?

#1223 40 days ago

THIS WEEK IN PINBALL

Happy Monday Pinheads!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-july-15th-2019/

- Dutch Pinball Updates
    - Countdown to Stern’s Next Release
    - Slash Confirms New Guns N’ Roses Pinball Machine
    - Bill and Ted’s Artwork
    - Countdown to Pinburgh
    - Rumors: Is it Jurassic Park or Jurassic World, Pinball Bros Alien
    - New GOT Code

#1224 39 days ago

Can we get the "New Podcast" new featured on the main page again?

If Zach Menys appearence is ever gonna be announced anywhere may I announce him?
    I have the perfect moderation going trough my head for MONTHS now.

#1225 39 days ago

Happy TWIP Tuesday!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-july-16th-2019/

- New Game Reveal This Week
    - Wonka Stream
    - Black Knight Vinyl
    - SFGE
    - PINQUEST Interview
    - CNE Pinball Championships
    - ACNC Made Real
    - Open Air Arcade

#1226 39 days ago

Aw man, two sentences about SFGE and no pics, no nothing? That's a little disappointing for one of the best shows there is.

#1227 39 days ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Aw man, two sentences about SFGE and no pics, no nothing? That's a little disappointing for one of the best shows there is.

Agree, I hear ya. I’d have more if the seminars there were streamed. Zach is going to cover more about it on the next TWIP podcast since he was there.

#1229 33 days ago

THIS WEEK IN PINBALL

Happy Monday Pinheads!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-july-22nd-2019/

- Star Wars “The Pin” Revealed
    - Countdown to Jurassic Park
    - Game of Thrones Code Update
    - Interviews with Joe Balcer, Jack Guarnieri, Steve Ritchie, Jon Weaver, Josh Kugler
    - Stream: New Dialed In Code

#1230 32 days ago

Happy TWIP Tuesday Pinheads!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-july-23rd-2019/

- Cosmic Carnival Tutorial
    - Interviews with Mike Vinikour and Waison Cheng
    - SDTM 2019 Review
    - Pinball Profile Bowen Kerins
    - Rudy FaceApp
    - TNA Romance
    - Crazy Wonka Topper

#1231 26 days ago

THIS WEEK IN PINBALL

Happy Monday Pinheads!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-july-29th-2019/

- New EVENTS Section of TWIP
    - Jurassic Park Revealed, Stream and Deep Dive Today!
    - Special When Lit: George Gomez Interview
    - Pinburgh Preview
    - Pinball Profile Interview with MyBookie about Gambling on Pinball
    - American Pinball Updates
    - Last Chance for July Giveaways

#1232 25 days ago

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-july-30th-2019/

- Jurassic Park Stream and Deep Dive
    - Homepin Teases New Game
    - Pinball Map Huge Update
    - New Code: DI and BKSOR
    - New Shaker
    - Harry Potter Virtual Stream
    - TPF Artwork

#1233 19 days ago

I just wanted to say:
    Since TWIP is around I'm actually looking forward to mondays.
    Srsly, I mean it!

#1234 19 days ago

Why is Homepin teasing a new game? Why not fix the one they have? Get it off the modern "worst pin ever" list?

#1235 19 days ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I just wanted to say:
    Srsly, I mean it!

This means a lot srsly! Really appreciate that!!

#1236 19 days ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I just wanted to say:
    Srsly, I mean it!

Quoted from pin2d:

This means a lot srsly! Really appreciate that!!

I’m waiting hard for Monday too. Can’t wait for another TWIP to drop. Hey, it’s already Monday in Düsseldorf ... lucky bastards.

#1237 19 days ago

THIS WEEK IN PINBALL

Happy Monday Pinheads!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-august-5th-2019/

- Pinburgh Results
    - Updates on New Releases
    - American Pinball Talks Poker Run and Sherlock Holmes
    - The Big Lebowski Updates and Questions
    - Kingpin Updates
    - Insider: Unlisted Video, James Bond, Eric Meunier, Scott Danesi
    - PINQUEST launches
    - SCORBIT update

#1239 17 days ago

So what’s the James Bond rumor?

#1240 16 days ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

A rumor about James Bond.

#1241 16 days ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Quoted from Psw757:

A rumor about James Bond.

gtbXxXd (resized).png

#1243 16 days ago

Thanks for posting this, Jeff. It marks the beginning of a huge opportunity for the entire pinball industry, and all of us at Multimorphic are proud to be a small part of re-opening the door at D&B.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#1244 12 days ago

THIS WEEK IN PINBALL

Happy Monday Pinheads!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-august-12th-2019/

- Jurassic Park Pros Shipping
    - TBL’s Shipping
    - deeproot Pays Zidware Customers
    - Punny Factory Pinball
    - ESPN The Ocho
    - Insider: Image of Mystery Game from American Pinball
    - P3 Unboxing
    - Pinball Drama

#1245 12 days ago

I wonder why Stern declined the Ocho coverage. Headlamp look a no-go?

#1246 12 days ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I wonder why Stern declined the Ocho coverage. Headlamp look a no-go?

I was also curious about that...

#1247 12 days ago

...although Raw Thrills aired their Big Buck championship, complete with Jugs of Destiny women's trophy, which would be hard to top in the "not a good look" category.

#1248 11 days ago

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-august-13th-2019/

- Is Jack Danger making a “real” pinball machine
    - Ben Heck Interview
    - SCORBIT Interview
    - Ed Vanderveen on Jerry Springer
    - Spaceballs Pinball
    - Gottlieb Prototype Video

#1249 11 days ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

- Is Jack Danger making a “real” pinball machine

If Keith can adapt his Archer why couldn’t anyone else do it, especially when there’s a healthy open relationship with Stern already?

Stern in recent times has really demonstrated a willingness to fresh blood and ideas.

#1250 10 days ago

If you're unaware, each month we do a boatload of giveaways at This Week in Pinball. Below are the August Giveaways!

There are two ways to enter:

Consider making a small monthly donation through Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/TWIP). You’ll automatically be entered each month you make a donation, and also get additional TWIPerks based on your giving level. Your contribution will help support this website and keep it going.

Your second option is to donate nothing, and send an email to thisweekinpinball@gmail.com to let us know you want to be entered, and include your name, address (including city and state), and email address, and you’ll be entered for that month. You’ll just have to send the email every month to be included.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/august-giveaway-extravaganza-enter-now/

- Pin Stadium FUSION ($400)
    - PinSound Gift Card ($100)
    - Comet Pinball Gift Card ($50)
    - Titan Pinball Universal Silicone Ring Kit in Your Choice of Color ($41)
    - Pinball Photos Night-Lights ($30)
    - Hooked on Pinball Gift Card ($25)
    - Pinball Life Pin Gulp ($12)
    - Stern Pinball Black Knight Sword of Rage Translite autographed by Steve Ritchie
    - Jersey Jack Pinball Pirates of the Caribbean Translite
    - Multimorphic, Inc Cannon Lagoon Translite
    - PINQUEST Glass
    - This Week in Pinball T-Shirt
    - This Week in Pinball Keychain
    - This Week in Pinball Lapel Pin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 14.95
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 16.00
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 6.95
    There are 1253 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside