Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,600 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pin2d
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15_G (resized).jpeg
    Alex-PXL_20210816_214617200-2048x1152 (resized).jpg
    safe_image (resized).jpg
    28828191_2130936530468121_5394942295120187397_o (resized).jpg
    Williams Mashup Vol 2 Translite-4 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 1.21.30 PM (resized).png
    Arcade1Up-Banner-1-e1625015245371 (1) (resized).jpg
    205789224_4224325530961975_2339908732094246552_n (resized).jpg
    200387345_10159716994453627_133682609964272322_n (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 8.23.51 AM (resized).png
    TWIP6 (resized).jpg
    189032753_10161094107497586_7190923247058081221_n (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pinball_mountain_illustration-1536x2048 (resized).jpeg
    Mandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-22 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,600 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 32.
    #801 5 years ago

Gomez: : "We have close to 98% if not more of the world market of pinball".

So, if all the other manufacturers make 2000 pinball machines, Stern is making 98,000. Gomez being Gomez...

#802 5 years ago

Thanks for the scoop. So in reading the snippet from Spookys interview it sounds like someone from Stern is working on Godzilla right now! That's exciting! My guess is that it's KME's next game but we'll have to wait and see....

Screenshot_20180903-083148 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180903-083148 (resized).png
    #803 5 years ago

I always thought that news gal interviewing the little girl was a local gal. I'm so used to seeing her on the Andy Mohr car dealership commercials here in Indy.

#804 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks for the scoop. So in reading the snippet from Spookys interview it sounds like someone from Stern is working on Godzilla right now! That's exciting! My guess is that it's KME's next game but we'll have to wait and see....[quoted image]

I hope it is Gomez. If KME is doing this one and it tops Maiden I'd have to have it--and I got no room...

#805 5 years ago

I hope it's Elwin / Naegele again, per Maiden.

Keith's proved he can do an innovative, smooth layout even with a relatively limited BoM.

Not sure Maiden quite matches JJP for code, but it's deep and interesting, and BY FAR the most complete or complete soon after launch Stern since Keith Johnsonleft the company (more than a decade). Naegele with the help of some of the new guys, and Elwin helping with rules is more exciting than the layout itself.

It shows games don't have to take YEARS to have top code at Stern.

#806 5 years ago

Well, the fact that Stern has assigned someone to Godzilla At least puts to rest the idea that they bought the license just to sit on it.

#807 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I hope it's Elwin / Naegele again, per Maiden.
    Keith's proved he can do an innovative, smooth layout even with a relatively limited BoM.
    Not sure Maiden quite matches JJP for code, but it's deep and interesting, and BY FAR the most complete or complete soon after launch Stern since Keith Johnsonleft the company (more than a decade). Naegele with the help of some of the new guys, and Elwin helping with rules is more exciting than the layout itself.
    It shows games don't have to take YEARS to have top code at Stern.

I have a lot of respect for KE but his first game was almost fully thought out when he joined Stern. A lot of Stern games are rushed to fill a slot in the production line. No doubt his first effort was a home run, let's see what he follows up with...

#809 5 years ago

Sweet!

9deec6a09124720c4fcd19b70055468b (resized).jpg9deec6a09124720c4fcd19b70055468b (resized).jpg
    #810 5 years ago

Nice scoop/reveal Jeff!

#811 5 years ago

With any luck they can fill in the missing licensed 90s B/W tables from Farsight: Indiana Jones, Demo Man, Shadow, Corvette, JM, Flintstones, Gilligan's, NBAFB, Popeye, Dirty Harry.

#812 5 years ago

HUUUUUUGE. Love the fact it's coming to switch.

Now the question is does force feedback work on pinball fx3 for cabinet virtual pin support?

#813 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Williams Bally Pinball License Acquired by Zen Studios – EXCLUSIVE Interview! First Tables Available Now!
    https://thisweekinpinball.com/williams-bally-pinball-license-acquired-by-zen-studios-exclusive-interview-first-tables-available-now/

Just wondering, why did you update the existing thread (which made me start from the beginning to read the story) instead of just creating a new one?

#814 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

HUUUUUUGE. Love the fact it's coming to switch.
    Now the question is does force feedback work on pinball fx3 for cabinet virtual pin support?

Sounds like they're staying away from mobile apps? I hope the physics are more realistic than their current digital lineup, and better than TPA's, and that there is no controller lag like TPA.

#815 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Williams Bally Pinball License Acquired by Zen Studios – EXCLUSIVE Interview! First Tables Available Now!
    https://thisweekinpinball.com/williams-bally-pinball-license-acquired-by-zen-studios-exclusive-interview-first-tables-available-now/

You Mean Virtual or Digital License

#816 5 years ago

I think this is a great move for the williams/bally tables to be in Pinball FX. I got so sick of farsight's bugs and issues I just abandoned even playing pinball arcade.

#817 5 years ago

Damn this is a big one. Thanks for the Exclusive TWIP!

#818 5 years ago

This is great news! Zen is a much better developer and Im sure the tables will be of much higher quality than the farsight versions.

#819 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

I have a lot of respect for KE but his first game was almost fully thought out when he joined Stern. A lot of Stern games are rushed to fill a slot in the production line. No doubt his first effort was a home run, let's see what he follows up with...

Brian Eddy Godzilla?

#820 5 years ago

Out of left field - new scoop. wondering if anything in Pinball gets done without Jeff’s blessing.

7F876B9A-3885-473F-97D8-3EFB0327FF0C.gif7F876B9A-3885-473F-97D8-3EFB0327FF0C.gif
    #821 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

wondering if anything in Pinball gets done without Jeff’s blessing

So Jeff is to blame for JJ POTC delay in production!

#822 5 years ago

Out of left field - new scoop. wondering if anything in Pinball gets done without Jeff’s blessing.
    [quoted image]

I hope it’s evidence that This Week In Pinball continues to be the objective, go-to news outlet for pinball. Up to date, consistent, and maximum exposure for pinball manufacturers and businesses.

#823 5 years ago
    Quoted from Burley9043:

So Jeff is to blame for JJ POTC delay in production!

Who else has so much moxy that with a single lift of his brow or stroke of his cat, can make JJP switch from the announced triple disc to a single disc? Jeff -> please advise JJP to step up production rates on POTC.

#824 5 years ago

So now I get to pay for the same games I already had. At least Zen has decent physics and I won't have to live with the hover ball and the non existent tilt bob of pinball arcade

#825 5 years ago
    Quoted from Anonymouse:

So now I get to pay for the same games I already had. At least Zen has decent physics and I won't have to live with the hover ball and the non existent tilt bob of pinball arcade

This is why I didn't go on the TPA spending spree when they announced the didn't have the license anymore!

#826 5 years ago

This is awesome news...Cannot wait!

#827 5 years ago

Wow. Well there goes Farsight. Too bad, TPA got me into so many games..

#828 5 years ago

Never heard of this Zen pinball? Where can I play it? Hopefully on my phone or kindle as that's the only two pieces of technology that I own.

#829 5 years ago

[quoted image]

It would be wise to have Jeff over for a cup or two of coffee...

#830 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Never heard of this Zen pinball? Where can I play it? Hopefully on my phone or kindle as that's the only two pieces of technology that I own.

I believe it’s mostly PC and console

#831 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

It is available on phones and tablets unless you are one of those guys who still have a flip phone

#832 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Sounds like they're staying away from mobile apps? I hope the physics are more realistic than their current digital lineup, and better than TPA's, and that there is no controller lag like TPA.

Zen Studios said they've updated the physics engine specifically for the Bally/Williams tables.
    https://www.neowin.net/news/zen-studios-secures-license-for-old-ballywilliams-pinball-machines-to-use-in-pinball-fx3

#833 5 years ago

Looking at the screenshots tables seem kind of dark. They need to add some virtual PinStadium lights to these...

WilliamsPinball_MedievalMadness_screenshot_classic_02_logo (resized).pngWilliamsPinball_MedievalMadness_screenshot_classic_02_logo (resized).png
    #834 5 years ago

The games look good and what I assume will include support cabinet mode is cool, but honestly, imo, what is being done in VPX looks better. (And it's free!)

#835 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

The games look good and what I assume will include support cabinet mode is cool, but honestly, imo, what is being done in VPX looks better. (And it's free!)

I don't know... The physics on that especially the orbit just don't seem right....

#836 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

I loathe setting up visual pinball. always have, and it's not gotten any better (you need this rom, and this font, and make sure your dmd plugin is working properly, and if we update the revision of the main emulator, you have to re-download all the roms again). It's the reason why future pinball (though not as good physics but better 3D) is popular. Download rom, MAYBE a sound file, it just works.

#837 5 years ago

I just played the beta williams, it plays awesome. It's hard to judge by the existing titles because they are so cartoony, but playing real tables you're familiar with it looks great. smooth framerate, good lighting, and the physics feel more like real pinball (not pinball arcade code saying if you shot within 60% accuracy we adjust the shot to be straight in the middle of the ramp). If you bonk a shot, it reacts like it should. With cabinet support and IFPA involvement I think this is a good move.

For those of you trying this out on Steam on the PC, in order to enable it you have to right click on PinballFX3 on your library, click properties, click the beta tab, then select dropdown for williams. There is no code, it will enable them when you restart Steam.

#838 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I loathe setting up visual pinball. always have, and it's not gotten any better (you need this rom, and this font, and make sure your dmd plugin is working properly, and if we update the revision of the main emulator, you have to re-download all the roms again). It's the reason why future pinball (though not as good physics but better 3D) is popular. Download rom, MAYBE a sound file, it just works.

Um, no, you are just plain wrong about vp setup, it is simple and vastly improved over what was there before vpx. the roms don't change you never need to redownload them. Future pinball physics just plain sucks, worse then pinball arcade.

#839 5 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

Um, no, you are just plain wrong about vp setup, it is simple and vastly improved over what was there before vpx. the roms don't change you never need to redownload them. Future pinball physics just plain sucks, worse then pinball arcade.

Future physics are garbage and vp setup is a pain in the ass and still is. I'm familiar now but if you don't work with computers, forget it. Considering it's free though - you can't have everything.

#840 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I don't know... The physics on that especially the orbit just don't seem right....

Another good thing about VPX is you can change the physics to your liking. I understand the 'plug-n-play' or 'set it and forget' nature of PinballFX is pretty hard to pass up. There is a certainly level of computer savvy required to get to get VPX dialed in and working well it isn't for everyone.

#841 5 years ago

August Winners and September Giveaway Extravaganza!!

ANOTHER two time winner! Sign up today!

(Wow...lame, I sound like an infomercial or something. Well check it out anyway if you'd like )

https://thisweekinpinball.com/august-winners-and-september-giveaway-extravaganza/

Pirates2 (resized).pngPirates2 (resized).png
    #842 5 years ago

THIS WEEK IN PINBALL

Happy Monday Pinheads!!

https://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-deadpool-premium-le-zen-studios-dead-flip-teaser-info-on-homepins-second-game-more/

- American Pinball Confirms Oktoberfest: What We Know
    - Deadpool Premium/LE Stream
    - Photo Shoot Mystery Solved
    - Interview with Mike Kalinowski from Homepin
    - Williams Bally Pinball License Acquired by Zen Studios
    - Dead Flip Reveal Teaser
    - Poll of the Week
    - Name the Game
    - Mod of the Week
    - Shoutout of the Week
    - Upcoming Games and Rumors

#843 5 years ago

THIS WEEK IN PINBALL Tuesday Edition

Happy Tuesday Pinheads!!

https://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-aerosmith-update-smokey-and-the-bandit-custom-pinball-iron-maiden-retheme-zach-sharpe-interview-more/

- Aerosmith Code Update
    - Stern of the Union
    - Zach Sharpe on Pinball Profile
    - Pinball Arcade Releases Two New Tables
    - PinPals – New Pinball Website
    - This or That - SDTM
    - Winner of Name the Game in August
    - Poll of the Week
    - Pin-Dread Spirits
    - Smokey And the Bandit Custom Pinball
    - Jack Danger is Building a Pinball Machine
    - Someone Rethemed an Iron Maiden
    - Pinside Thread of the Week
    - Victory Laps

#844 5 years ago

Iron Maiden retheme link isn’t working, can you elaborate as its unviewable.

#845 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Iron Maiden retheme link isn’t working, can you elaborate as its unviewable.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-bull

#848 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Guest Post by Chris Friebus: Speculation on What Happened with the Williams Bally Digital License
    https://thisweekinpinball.com/guest-post-speculation-on-what-happened-with-the-williams-bally-digital-license/

you do a great job with some really interesting stories/updates. Podcast is great too.

#849 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Guest Post by Chris Friebus: Speculation on What Happened with the Williams Bally Digital License
    https://thisweekinpinball.com/guest-post-speculation-on-what-happened-with-the-williams-bally-digital-license/

Unfortunately most of that will be taken as gospel going forward... regardless of the disclaimers. Lots of jumps in that piece.. for instance, where has it been said this license is exclusive? Zen has only announced that they have been given access to the catalog - neither side that I can find has claimed this deal to be an exclusive... certainly not in their PR and not in the interviews I've seen.

#850 5 years ago

THIS WEEK IN PINBALL

Happy Monday Pinheads!!

https://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-the-rumor-mill-eric-meunier-interview-oktoberfest-updates-two-new-pinball-companies-more/

- The Rumor Mill
    - Monster Bash Remake Rumor
    - Spooky Stranger Things Rumor
    - Jaws by Brian Eddy Rumor
    - Eric Meunier Interview on Special When Lit
    - Oktoberfest Update
    - Two New Pinball Companies
    - Suncoast Pinball: Cosmic Carnival
    - Great Lakes Pinball
    - Dead Flip to Stream Zen Studios
    - Pinball is a Finalist for the Toy Hall of Fame - NEED YOUR VOTE!
    - Name the Game
    - Mod of the Week
    - Upcoming Games and Rumors

There are 1,600 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-this-week-in-pinball/page/17?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.