Topic Stats

• 7,517 posts
  • 623 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 628 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3p9g6x (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
octomom (resized).jpg
6495d0d389aff4b091945637a2eb567a1fc2a035 (resized).jpg
A772108B-9E5F-40A2-978C-60EC306A0A3C (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2020-01-17 deeproot Pinball (resized).png
F0A86AC0-DEBA-45CA-865A-978F7DAEB508 (resized).jpeg
giphy-tumblr.gif
E23925EE-C466-4905-AE36-A89FDB1B6D04 (resized).png
MV5BZTczZGM0M2MtMWRjOC00NTMxLTg2ZDYtMjczOGNjNmMxZTIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMyNjgzODE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
AD5ADBAF-42C1-49D5-99F3-4AD33FC738DE (resized).jpeg
550px-Django_VLC (resized).png
stock-photo-breakfast-eggs-omelette-omelette-bar-easter-buffet-56fbeb18-02da-43c3-8d0c-7cbc78fe6123 (resized).jpg
market-cafe-hyatt-hotel-manila-buffet-jotan23-grilled-steak-oysters-shrimps-and-lobsters (resized).jpg
3lo3i0 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (9 months ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (3 months ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (3 months ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (3 months ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (3 months ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (3 months ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (3 months ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (88 days ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (81 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yaksplat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3692 8 months ago

The more pinball companies the better. I'd love to see a ton of real competition. That drives innovation and hopefully pushes the prices down some.

#3807 8 months ago

Going global on a first release could be a logistics nightmare if they're new to it. Better to have the machine all set up for 120v and nail down domestic before going overseas. They only have one chance at a first machine launch.

I'm sure other countries will come with time.

#3811 8 months ago

Just thinking about UL, CE, CSA, EMC, FCC and everything else makes me cringe. I've dealt with all of that before and it's a process that takes time to not only get through, but also to generate an internal process for submission and tracking. So much paperwork and waiting. You think you're all set and then there's more questions, more diagrams, more drawings. Now that i think about it, i'm glad i just deal with computers and I'm not in manufacturing anymore.

Container shipping and customs is a whole other mess.

#3843 7 months ago

I'll take original over licensed any way. Why shoehorn an existing IP into something when there's so much potential to come up with something original.

1 month later
#4212 6 months ago

I just really hope that Deeproot walks away from the Premium, Special, Limited edition garbage money grab. Although i can understand the desire to offer them at a huge markup like all of the other manufacturers do. It'd be nice if you could just order the kits that you want and bolt them on to the base model.

#4219 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why tf would anyone criticize this?
I will never understand why some people think that having more choices as a consumer is a bad thing. I like having different models with different features and different price tiers to choose from.
I have bought a Stern pro, premium and LE all in the last 2 years.

But wouldn't you like to be able to buy the base model and then easily buy kits to upgrade it later if you wanted? Some upgrades are easy bolt on's, but other upgrades (cabinet art) would be tied to a machine version. What make me think this way is the Monster Bash remake. Looking at the variations, I'd really only want the upgraded display and the shaker. But i don't want to spend an extra $2k for these two items since i don't care about the rest of the included upgrades.

#4222 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

So you are asking for even more options than the 3 tiers that Stern currently provides. We want a lot of things, don't we?

Well, it doesn't look like the piles of machine levels are going anywhere. Best case would still be the single version release.

#4225 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

Completely disagree.

Do you not like the idea of a complete game?

#4316 6 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Now deeproot is going to build those elusive dimple-resistant wood playfields. I can't wait.

Transparent aluminum is the key tech here.

1 month later
#4810 5 months ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I like it! Replace the laminated plywood playfields with solid oak!

Don't half ass it with oak, full ass it with Ipe.

Ipe is 3x as hard as Oak. It takes 3684# to push a .44" ball half way in, compared to 1290 For oak. Birch is 1260# in case you were wondering. So it's pretty close to oak.

#4841 5 months ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

0% chance. If Deeproot appears at the show at all, which is unlikely, they'll bring a box of lights and art that only superficially resembles a pinball machine. It will have barebones code and be essentially unplayable. This will be the last time that a Deeproot "pinball machine" will be seen in public. After 10-12 months of silence, the CEO of Deeproot will send out a press release in late 2020 explaining that "unforeseen circumstances" have prevented them from releasing any games. At this point, Deeproot will either be shuttered, or they will accept another round of investor money before the CEO sails off on a yacht. The end.

I see that you're quite the optimist

2 months later
#6233 89 days ago

I was thinking that they might be creating intentional variation between the machines to solicit feedback in multiple scenarios. Ones in a bright location, the other is in a darker location. One has weak flippers, the other has stronger ones.

Just a thought.

#6245 89 days ago

The lack of reading comprehension skills here is epic.

#6253 89 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ITS A PROTOTYPE!!!!!

But the cabinet! the translite! 3d printed thingys!

2 weeks later
#6837 71 days ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And the sound....Stern flippers would work fine but sounded like I was bitch slappin' somebody.

wow, i thought that was just me. I don't know what it is. just feels hollow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
25,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
BK Pinball
$ 300.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 209.00
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yaksplat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside