Topic Stats

• 3,798 posts
  • 474 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 149 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 301 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E7BA5BAA-BB49-49B9-9861-C44F5FDF653B (resized).png
FBE4EC0D-EFC9-4C0D-B089-BD8463D0BAC4 (resized).png
BFB261C1-04B4-4B55-B945-F10CEB3EF134 (resized).jpeg
B31643CB-9320-4408-AAF9-1D23A181954E (resized).jpeg
A9223CBF-B3B4-4B50-9E37-516CF2167624 (resized).jpeg
6A40D920-3EDD-408C-9AC6-57D076845227 (resized).jpeg
A2AFA653-4FF4-496B-B8D9-C5E8864BE8CA.gif
ADA9DA2E-B5D3-49C9-861D-7BE379376B38.gif
southpark (resized).jpeg
E208A349-9CA7-475A-9961-06F1E13E41F7 (resized).jpeg
E4567848-90A0-4DCE-9785-90254EAB9097 (resized).jpeg
3F9FC240-CE53-4150-9B6C-118BF41113E3 (resized).jpeg
1D98F509-B93D-4D2D-A189-968AB12AC94C (resized).jpeg
B78FC379-C525-412C-91D3-91F6957E9AA1 (resized).jpeg
download (1) (resized).jpg
796DA2B5-6BE2-4AAF-9D72-135BB788B775 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by applejuice (1 year ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (56 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

Agreed. I'll listen to/read the interview, but comparisons like "build a Ferrari and sell it at KIA prices" are just ridiculous. I get the concept, but the engine in a Ferrari costs as much as two KIAs do. These are the types of things used car salesmen say.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Here is the link mentioned above for the deeproot job postings: https://www.indeedjobs.com/deeproot-tech/_hl/en_US

Are those typical salaries for the industry?

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What's left for John to rob from the EM graveyard? Rototargets? Flipping Flags?

There is one big idea he could steal that he hasn't yet........ actually completing a game.

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That interview delivered!!!
Eagerly awaiting this promised "masterpiece!"

Don't forget Ferrari quality at the cost of a KIA.

Guess I'm just a "pessimist" though.

1 month later
#164 1 year ago

Quality of a Ferrari at a Kia price. Can't wait to see it.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Does anybody have any idea what Quad Assembly could be?

Another piece of jargon spewed to seem "advanced".

You want to impress me about manufacturing? Throw out terms that mean something, like lean or six sigma.

What kind of ego comes out of the gate basically claiming they are going to smash everyone else's product. The only place to go from there is down.

#301 1 year ago

Only losers try to claim credit, winners give credit.

#337 1 year ago

Could add Houdini to that list as well. Even though deeproot claims they will be making it, Jpop's houdini has yet to be produced.

1 week later
#411 1 year ago

Just read through the goodwill terms. Interesting.

#417 1 year ago

I think this should be saved here for posterity. 508 days to get multiple games delivered.

https zidware deeproottech com.png

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Alright, the podcast episode just released, here is a link:
https://soundcloud.com/user-465086826/episode-55
The interview is just after the introduction segment (jump ahead to 4:30 to get just before it starts), and runs a little over 50 minutes.

In this interview deeproot says that every playfield will be hit with a sledgehammer and if it leaves a mark the playfield will be rejected.

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My guess is the sledge hammer is metaphorical. Because why would you need to use one to test a pin?

You sure? He was pretty adamant that was how they were going to test their clear coat. Said he was tired of dimples.

You should see the sledge hammer testing room at Ferrari.

#510 1 year ago
Quoted from deeproot:

On the sledgehammer, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but not a metaphor. Warranty for PF will be unheard of, so we take its durability seriously.

Wait, you mean you aren't going to take a sledgehammer to every playfield? No kidding, it's dumb.

Maybe cut back on the over-exaggeration. You completely discredit other things you say when you say obviously wrong/incorrect things.

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from deeproot:

You misunderstood. We will be taking a hammer to every PF.
—dT

I look forward to seeing that. Think you guys will post video at some point?

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Every playfield will be hit with a hammer multiple times as T-nuts are installed, maybe this is what they are referring to?

But the playfield will be so impenetrable, how will the t-nuts go in?

2 months later
#774 1 year ago

Is pettiness an official claim denial reason?

#784 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

remember when they said they could/would deny claims based on people tearing them down? well, I think you see them doing that here

So pre-meditated pettiness?

#807 1 year ago

Of course they have his documentation, deeproot just wants to play some kind of power game.

#838 1 year ago

I can't remember either if it was 5 by TPF, but they definitely had this in their literature about the JPop deal:

https zidware deeproottech com.png

Says multiple titles by the delivery date, which is June 30th, 2019 in that document. 422 days to go.

1 month later
#898 11 months ago

Bowden is certainly an interesting hire and I wish him the absolute best there.

I still have a huge problem with them hiring JPop, but for the sake of people like Steve I'm not going to wish failure on the company.

#953 11 months ago

Hold up there. Elon Musk is positioned to be the savior of humanity if his plans come to fruition.

There is a stark difference between him and your run of the mill, egotistical, mid size CEO.

4 weeks later
#1148 10 months ago

Copperfield blows compared to Penn and Teller. Copperfield's show in Vegas was lame when i saw it.

#1157 10 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I read reviews that for the past few years he's just been going through the motions. Every once in awhile people catch him on a good night, but most of the time the show is lacking any energy.

I saw him around 15 years ago. He was doing his "I can fly" trick at that point.

It was 30 minutes of him droning on about how he had a dream when he was a child about flying, blah blah, for one trick. No thanks.

The blue man group would make a better pinball machine than a Copperfield pin. The Blue Man group was an amazing show.

#1193 10 months ago

A piece of titanium the size of a playfield would weigh about 80 pounds and only cost around $200k.

1 week later
#1275 10 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Best of luck Steve

+10000x

I hope this adventure for Steve turns out to be fun and enjoyable!

#1307 10 months ago

Hah, you thought doing content for a relatively small LCD involved more work, expand that to a playfield sized LCD with full physics engine and stuff.

Good luck generating the content to make that compelling without AAA game studio size staff and talent, even if you leverage unity.

1 month later
#1503 8 months ago

I have a recent pachinko machine and it has a 3D LCD that doesn't require glasses.

#1576 8 months ago

Ice Pirates.

#1588 8 months ago

What about that movie The Final Countdown where the nuclear aircraft carrier goes back in time.

That's a winner right there.

#1602 8 months ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Teen Witch. Top That!

Classic!

#1663 8 months ago

It's just people having fun and lightening the mood. Not everything has to be super serious for the entire time, just my 2 cents.

I'm as skeptical of deeproot as anyone, but I'm willing to watch the thing play out.

#1676 8 months ago

The main guy there reminds me a lot of Green Goblin in his armor.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#1954 6 months ago

More full time heads than all the other manufacturers combined? That seems overstated. Either that or potentially pushing up against Brooks' Law.

4 months later
#2824 58 days ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

The sound and video is just STUNNING in this clip. If this is just the tip of the iceberg!?

Neat but certainly not "STUNNING".

#2865 57 days ago

No matter what they charge, it comes down to EBIT and revenue per widget moved out of the building.

Just doing some simple math, at 750k a month going out, if they have operated at that burn rate for 6 months and will operate for 6 more months before steady revenue, that is 9 million dollars in the red.

If they make even a very generous 3k per machine they get out the door, that is 3000 games they have to sell to even recoup that cost, not counting the ongoing burn. With these numbers they have to ship 250 games a month to break even.

I think im being very generous with the 3k profit per machine too.

The math/business case on this is rough. I wonder when we will see a SaaS model in pinball.

#3046 55 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

There's a simple reason why pinball doesn't have any of this advanced technology.
It's not because it isn't possible. It's because everyone capable of doing it already have six figure jobs at SpaceX, Apple, Tesla, NASA, Lockheed Martin or (insert giant tech corp here).

I think that is really dismissive of some of the very smart engineers that work at Stern for example.

Anything is solvable with money and man power, especially at the level pinball is at. A more accurate reason in my opinion is there is no business case or return on some of these ideas.

When JJP bailed on the pirates mech, that was an engineering failure due to lack of experience/smarts. They said so.

When Stern isn't putting video camera ball tracking in games, that's business smarts.

1 week later
#3280 43 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think people spend too much time thinking and talking about Jpop.

And not enough time on the other people there. There’s a ton of real experience and talent in the game making department not named John.

I get what you are saying and agree to some extent, but if an investment firm hired Bernie Madoff, that would overshadow anything else and be a lot of what people want to talk about.

3 weeks later
#3640 18 days ago

I'm here because LTG told me there was free shit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside