Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfemaaan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1680 5 years ago

Yeah we really need a good Pin company as I’m just seeing the others cut corners. Hopefully J-Pop gets back to his 90’s glory and pops out some good machines

#1688 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Does anyone really think that's likely? Putting all the Zidware stuff, then his version of Houdini together, there was barely a single redeeming feature aside from a few elements of graphic design (which in some cases he initially tried to pass off as his own).
It was all total crap.
Not mad genius. Just mad.
If there are good or even playable 'JPop' designs, others will have done ALL the hard work.

Fact is J-Pop is the designer of several top 20 machines of all time and you’re not. Haters gonna Hate

#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Correction, he played a marginal role on the design team on several top 20 machines and took credit for all the work most of which wasn't even his!

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2845

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3824

That’s strange Homebrood, IPDB seems to think different. No mention of “marginal” nor shared design credits.

Meanwhile your name shows up on zero pinball games as designer.

Maybe you should also let them know Sasquatch is real and designed Whitewater. After all, he’s right in the game hanging on a log, kinda like you hanging on to J-Pops N-U-T-Z’s.

#1809 5 years ago

I got a good look at Magic Girl at Pinball Madness, and whatever J-Pop turns out with this company, everyone will be in line to buy.

3D02657D-922C-4A60-A104-1F04F55ADF3A (resized).jpeg3D02657D-922C-4A60-A104-1F04F55ADF3A (resized).jpegC3308468-7A6D-43F2-AFFD-74A9CF0AC369 (resized).jpegC3308468-7A6D-43F2-AFFD-74A9CF0AC369 (resized).jpeg
#1813 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

That’s just about all that anyone can get is a “good look”. Because it sure as hell doesn’t do anything else..

Sounds like a bunch of butthurt haters in here. The fact there is a thread dedicated to J-pop is all you need to know. When I meet him I’m gonna hi five him twice. Once for all the great machines he designed and the second for pimpin all your money .

I saw nobody in line for Deadpool, Midevil Madness not Monster Bash, but all his Pins were non stop people waiting to play

So keep pretending he’s not the MAC. He got all your money and hasn’t skipped a beat and will have another great Pin out next year.

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I have no horse in this race - I'm not effected one way or the other if deeproot becomes a major pinball manufacturer or is a total failure, and I wasn't a Zidware customer.
If I were owed something from Zidware though, and knowing that right now JPOP has no funds to pay back Zidware customers and no means to make the machines without help...if deeproot can provide restitution to those effected by JPOP's past mistakes, isn't that a good thing? Or is JPOP so hated that - even if deeproot makes those effected whole - since they hired him, they'll never be accepted in pinball?

I’ll be buying one of his new pinball machines, just like everyone else when they come out next year.

1 week later
#1849 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Nearly all of the distributors that have contacted us sell Stern already. We’ve had some amazing conversations.
—dT

Awesome, can’t wait to see what you guys turn out

1 month later
#2145 5 years ago

Can't wait to see what machines J-Pop will create next with Deeproot, he has created the best Pins ever made and after I saw the unfinished Magic Girl, still looks like he's got the magic. 2019 will be the year of the Pinball Return!

#2149 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Troll post lol. Nothing to see here!

Nothing to see right now, but when J-Pop turns out another master in 2019, Ill be picking one of those puppies up

Haters gonna hate

#2163 5 years ago

So what date is the first J-Pop deeproot Pin coming out in 2019? Do we know what theme it will be?

#2182 5 years ago

Regardless of how butthurt a few are here, the complaints have no relevance on me (or anybody else) for buying the next great pinball machine from Deeproot or anybody else for that matter.

All that matters is how good it plays, the value for the price, and if its fun to ME.

So with that, keep the tears rollin here. Ill be off to play some J-Pop favorites (and Pinside/IPDB Top 20 Pins) like TOTAN, TOM, Cirque Voltaire, World Cup Soccer, etc.

Merry Christmas!

#2226 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don’t agree with this. Frankly there are MUCH easier ways to make money than running a pinball company. If you’re not doing what you love and care about, personally and emotionally, then what’s the point?
But this is also my argument for why licenses are dumb so ...

The market is asking for more J-pop pinball games because Stern is turning out the same boring game with a different theme. Would like to see Williams & Bally get resurrected sometime as they made some of the best machines. Spooky is making some good stuff as well. Just saw Oktoberfest from American and that looked pretty good as well. Variety is key

3 weeks later
#2279 5 years ago

So, when is Deeproot going to reveal their first Pin? Doesn’t sound like anything is right around the corner. Summer?

3 weeks later
#2329 5 years ago
Quoted from deeprootmatt:

So i want to take a minute here to give my own personal account and experience working with Jpop. I figure a sort of third party opinion from someone who has been working closely with him over the last 1.5 years might be of interest. Again, this is my own personal opinion.
I will also preface this message with this: I get it. He screwed up. A lot of people here are upset. And i completely understand that. I will continue to stay out of that as much as i can and focus on what I can do: doing my part in bringing about success for deeproot.
John has been, and continues to be a great friend. He is always able to provide valuable insight into whatever aspect I am working on. The amazing conversations we have had are numerous, and his passion for pinball is absolutely contagious. I have now been brought into the pinball world i never knew existed.. and its amazing! I have learned more over the last 1.5 years than I could have ever imagined and John has had a big part in that. So I wanted to take this moment to share this with you guys, and take it as you will.
Also, I hate to leave out the other amazing people I get to work with as John is just one of MANY people at deeproot. All of us here are REALLY excited for what is to come, and it is coming!

Looking forward to all the machines you turn out. J-Pop has made some of the best machines ever created, so want to see what’s next. I know you have others coming as well, so get er dun

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Around August 2018 I was lead to believe it was certainly open and available for licencing, but at the time no pinball related pitches had been made other than the VPcabs & Zen pinball projects..... so did you pick it up after August/late 2018?

Maybe I should ask George McFly, he’s my neighbor.

So, Deeproot - when you chime back any, can you give us any date of the next announcement? Just curious if anything is coming out in 2019

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What the hell are you posting here fore then? Wasting time man, go knock on his door and ask!

I need a contract first so he can grant his and the McFly family’s permission to allow Deeproot to make the pin

Who actually owns the BTTF license anyway? Disney?

#2363 5 years ago

The key to getting Micheal to sign over is the same way to get any star to do something they ordinarily would be against, and that is to donate to their charity. Michael has his own foundation for Parkinson’s and Spielberg who owns Amblin has Righteous Persons Foundation which a portion of each Pinbal Machine sold would go to those?

Anyway, we have a lot of Pins coming out so it’s all possible

#2396 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I try to work with all manufacturers as much as they will let me. If I'm shown something privately that they don't want public, I don't share it of course.

So you’re saying you saw something amazing you can’t tell us about? Or nothing to see, move along?

#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Someone who thinks "guerrilla warfare" is racist doesn't know the etymology of the word or understand that guerrilla and gorilla are different words. Not political, just facts.

Ima guerrilla gorilla on a tortilla

#2429 5 years ago

So any new news on Deeproot Pins? If not, go ahead and return to the normally scheduled argument about how many pins could a pin maker make

#2434 5 years ago
#2438 5 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

apropos of nothing...
It was 'You see Venus move in and put the gorilla effect on, charging'. There was some debate if it was gorilla or guerilla. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What a bunch of Gorillas

2 weeks later
#2444 5 years ago

Spelling is relative. Do we actually know how many pins are made after our fellow Primates? I can think of 5

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

The correct answer is TZ, WIJ, STTNG, DM, RS, JD, Roseanne Barr, Popeye

Here’s mine:

GNR, WIJ, TZ, RS, STTNG, Genie, Your Moms

1 week later
#2547 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm wondering if the TN tag is taken...

Everyone is focused on J-Pops next Machine, but what about Nordman’s? I see him on the roster, what is his next Pin?

#2554 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

The first has internal code of MA. The second he announced at Expo.
—Robert dT

Thanks guys, looking forward to them

1 week later
#2559 5 years ago

Well, looking forward to whatever they turn out even if it’s a pin called Finger Ass

#2624 5 years ago

This probably makes the assembly much quicker instead of assembly outside the cabinet the transferring it back. My guess is this was/is a major pain point and in efficiency in which this improves time to deliver.

#2709 5 years ago

Would be nice if Deeproot dropped an clue tomorrow to make the JJP hype take a u-turn

#2719 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

With JJP coming up with Wonka, revealing a Deeproot pinball feels like pushing an indie ps4 game the day Take 2 releases a new GTA. Not sure it's a good idea !

Wonka just fizzled, so it’s really up to Deeproot now.

1 week later
#2978 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I thought it might be interesting to try to date just how long it's been since JPop designed a functional game.
* Gas costs were on average $1.25 per gallon
* Barry Sanders was still in the NFL
* Vince Carter was a rookie in the NBA
* Pre-Y2K
* Jon Snow (Kit Harington) was in elementary school
* Spice Girls were on tour
* There was no Xbox
Again, I want there to be a redemption, but it's a little unbelievable that anyone is still willing to invest so much into him after this many years.

And his games are still better than any pins released in the last 20 years.

It’s going to be difficult for him to Top already what’s in the top 20, but hopefully he pulls it off

#3034 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

His games suck ass.
The best one he ever made he didn't even finish (World Cup Soccer - thanks to whomever at Williams took that project over).
There's never been a single more overrated "classic" pinball designer than Jpop. I do not and never will understand the cult.

You are alone with your opinion, but that you are entitled to.

Meanwhile 3 of his pins consistently are on every top 20 list. So they hold up as some of the best ever made.

Sounds like maybe you need a hug from J-pop Levi?

#3042 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I can help arrange that!
—Robert, dT

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I found an image of what your smart phone would look like if it were limited to 35 year old tech like a pinball machine.
[quoted image]

I made a boat load of money selling those. Somebody is probably paying top dollar for those now

1 week later
#3232 4 years ago

So any new news on when some pins are gonna show up? Maybe they’ll wait till Pinburg to reveal

#3247 4 years ago

Is a Deeproot group hug in order? Hopefully y’all can get your dues and we can move on to some more good ol pinball machines coming out

#3279 4 years ago

Yeah I’m about to start a new positive Deeproot thread with zero J-pop crying allowed or get booted. Then this thread can’t be renamed “Bitter People Venting as The World Turns” and left for those that still continue to feel like “I need a hug Deeproot, J-pop destroyed my entire life” thread.

And good point above, this company has many other designers, developers, and people just trying to release new pins simply for our enjoyment. Can we just allow them to try and do this?

In the meanwhile, how about them great Deeproot Pinball machines coming out soon?

#3319 4 years ago

He’s my dad too. But then who is your mom?

#3322 4 years ago

Mine is Michelle Belle, the GNR one, not the Beatles

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

We use to take them behind the barn to shoot them not to release them in the pasture.

Unless you have a pasture right behind your barn

3 weeks later
#3571 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

You mean like a GB that won’t turn on half the time, the two brand new premium Batman 66’s I bought that are already more dimpled than the moon and with broken mechs already, a Hobbit that’s been dead for months, a Dialed In with constant sound and rebooting problems, and a TNA with so many problems that it has kept my eningeers from engineering on deeproot stuff? Playing and maintaining a deeproot game is pretty refreshing for me thus far...
— Robert dT

The truth hurts, Stern is turning out plastic garbage. The Playfields look like kinkos prints and Deadpool looked like Deadpeal from all the orange peel and dimples in the playfield. And spike will be the death of Stern as people want to be able to repaire their own machines, not dispose of them when they go bad

JJP is at least taking risks, so we can definitely use another quality Pin manufacturer in the mix, otherwise we’re gonna to end up with Sterns oversized Zizzles

#3574 4 years ago

Sure hope so, for the benefit of all here

#3576 4 years ago

I’d drink a beer with J-pop. Much more interesting conversation than this thread

#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You should look him up. I'd guess that if you're buying, he's drinking. Just leave your checkbook at home, despite outward appearances he evidently has a mesmeric power to talk people into terrible financial decisions.

Yeah, he’s gonna pay and wallet left at home

#3637 4 years ago

Ok, since you went there...

2 weeks later
#3726 4 years ago

So, when’s the first Deeproot pin coming out? Is it RAZA?

#3781 4 years ago

Mmmm, Bacon & Pinball

#3793 4 years ago

Is it just me or when you hear RAZA do you think of Kid Frost?

FBE4EC0D-EFC9-4C0D-B089-BD8463D0BAC4 (resized).pngFBE4EC0D-EFC9-4C0D-B089-BD8463D0BAC4 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#4121 4 years ago

So when are these machines coming out?

2 weeks later
#4277 4 years ago

Yeah Deeproot better have something this year. Stern and JJP are just crankin them out and curious when we are going to hit a saturation point

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I know I'm saturated and done. I like all the games in my collection and have no more room. So I'm done

Yeah, it’s gonna take something far out to make me replace a pin. I have all the ones I wanted and the Barcade owners can hold onto and maintain the rest for me

1 week later
#4404 4 years ago

On Day 7, Deeproot gives out free pinball machines to the people not complaining about Deeproot for 1 day

#4407 4 years ago

And all this time I thought it was Columbo

6527168B-7E75-4E21-A3DD-83CC89A09B75 (resized).png6527168B-7E75-4E21-A3DD-83CC89A09B75 (resized).png
#4462 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anchor Bay copies of SH has Alan Spencer on camera specifically stating that they removed the laugh track so fans can laugh when they want to as opposed to where they “should.”[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, we’re really looking to lure Deeproot out of hiding with all this Sledgehammer talk

1 week later
#4612 4 years ago

Yeah it’s very clear Pinball is mice nuts on what Deeproot does as a whole. They have a pretty impressive staff of animators for TV, Movies, etc and very little for the Pinball part.

So they can turn out Pinball in 2026 or never as they have many other revenue streams

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They have no revenue streams, remember.
You're talking about potential revenue streams. Competition is also rather more cuthroat in gaming than pinball, even if potential sales and profitability are on a completely different scale.

Actually you’re wrong, look at their studios page. There main business is not gaming, it’s video & animation. For TV commercials, movies. Gaming is probably next and pinball is a very small portion based on their roster

#4620 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are once again late to the party and way I’ll informed. Don’t count sister company,s work as deeproot pinball work and revenues.

Once again, you come with not facts nor even to bother looking at their site. Since you are unable, I brought it to you to make it easy for you. They are Deeproot Studios and Pinball is only 1 of the divisions

F3650673-4F3F-4CFF-AF1F-7ADC7FFDB99D (resized).pngF3650673-4F3F-4CFF-AF1F-7ADC7FFDB99D (resized).png
#4622 4 years ago

"Based in San Antonio, Texas, deeproot® is a family of companies founded by financial and legal professionals with decades of combined experience in the financial markets. deeproot® designs, operates, and manages alternative private equity funds, and investment debenture funds, for accredited or non-accredited investors."

Pinball isn't even mentioned. So the parent company and other companies are making the money. Eventually Deeproot Pinball, but everyone here who thinks they are going out of business because of some simple pinball machines is wrong.

Regardless, looking forward to them turning out a pin, but they are not leaning on this division so they can take their time if they want

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because we know more than just what goes into big claims on a website? Why don’t you do yourself a favor and go back to the very start... he’ll even just read the news articles if you want the tidy versions, and get educated.
I’m not “coming with facts” all listed out and organized for you because I’m not your freaking hand maid. I don’t have to make a case because This is all research and knowledge accumulated years ago and common knowledge now. But once again, you come strolling in late, and telling everyone they are wrong because you simply don’t have the baseline understanding Of what is going on.
Go start and learn where deeproot’s money, and leadership come from. It’s selling insurance and investment funds. They started businesses under the deeproot name umbrella. These are startup projects (including their animation group) - not established cash generating businesses.
You seem to be a sucker for big bold claims on a website (Roberts favorite type of customer!). Go try finding the portfolio of clients and past projects of “deeproot studios” instead.
Here... I’ll give you a running start... one piece for you.. https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-update-plus-interview-new-hire-new-building-new-creative-studio-new-licenses-and-help-offered-to-those-who-lost-money-on-pre-orders-from-other-companies/
Then go back and start with the reading on deeproot’s history and money.

Oh, I didn’t realize your were the CFO of Deeproot and know where they are getting money from.

So do you really think they have no money? Is that large talented staff hanging around for popcorn?

Pinball isn’t their primary business.

#4631 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

We're supposed to have glue guns too...
What classic quotes, starting at about 14:15... skipping all the other filler.

Id buy that machine. In that condition, better than most Sterns NIB

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Read what was posted - not make up your own stories. I didn't say 'they have no money' - in fact they had lots of money up front. They setup these pinball and digital creative studios with their investment funds... I'm sure they are trying to shop their digital studio for more work as well, but they aren't an established business able to float this thing.
You are under this misimpression that this is some umbrella of companies that decided to start a pinball side biz. That's incorrect. You have a money man who had a business setup to do investment schemes and had made money in prior ventures... who setup this new scheme with some undisclosed seed money. Outsiders do not know who the investors are.

So are you under the impression Deeproot is a Ponzi Scheme and an illegitimate umbrella of companies? I'm confused on what point you're trying to make here.

#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This will be Wolfemaaan’s next post.

You said earlier that Deeproot hasn’t made any money and now you’re saying they have? Make up your mind.

Right? What exactly is this guys point other than to continue to argue about some point nobody seems to be able to figure out.

Curious why these guys have a vendetta for a brand new company who is using their creative studios to do lots of interesting ventures one of which happens to be pinball. I see this negative talk about the owners as well even though they haven’t did any business with anybody here.

So if you just came here wish these guys failure, disappear and go somewhere else. Otherwise the rest of us are looking forward to see what this company is going to turn out

#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If you are asking a sincere question, the answers are in this thread. Extreme hubris. Disparaging of the existing pinball companies and products (that we all enjoy now). Blown self-imposed deadlines which erode confidence. Weird legal threats for pinside posts. Hiring of a pinball pariah who harmed a ton of pinheads (only some of which are made whole from the deeproot deal - a minority and certainly not all). Following the well-worn path of all pinball start ups to talk big, and then as deadlines fall to start dribbling out things like art which after the "pinball is easy" talk will create doubt in anyone.
That is my sincere answer to your sincere question.

Ok, I get that and appreciate the sincere answer. These items you mentioned are valid and you are entitled to be distrusting in them as they appear to have missed some promised delivery timelines. I wont argue with that. For me though, I have seen them pay back people they didn't have an obligation to, which have been confirmed here. That goes a long way in my book. And I haven't lost a penny personally watching Deeproot miss deadlines to turn out (we hope) to be spectacular machines. That I am hoping for. But IMO (and MO only) I don't feel at this point they've done anything to jump ship and count them out. But surely should that day come, I wont we spending 8 months here expressing that over an over. Ill just be like "Peace out Deeproot, was nice you tried but I have other pinball machines to buy and enjoy" and then never look back. But im hoping they get machines out.

But I hear you, Deeproot should have better communication with their potential audience or they are going to lose customers such as yourself.

#4655 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you miss those key words "investors" and "investment"?
Making money and having money are not interchangeable concepts. I said they were well "funded" which means money they had access to. Nothing in the same discussion about "making money".
"Funded" is money coming from investors - not customers

That’s called revenue buddy, look it up. Once again though, what is your point here? They have enough money, however you chose to define it, in order to run this business. Not sure why you are having an issue with them. They’ve done nothing illegal and yet you seem to have a tone that they have. You're not an investor, so what is it? Is this J-pop who hurt your feelings. Come on, you can admit it. You need a J-pop hug don’t you?

#4656 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hes a troll who should be banned.

You have 1 machine and curious what your purpose is to remain here? Maybe you should leave? Is there any positive reason you have for being here? If not, go somewhere else

#4658 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

One machine and infinitly more smarts than you. You clearly do not understand the difference between funding and revenue.
Also, I am DR target customer. Non brand loyal and looking for prices to be brought down. Hopefully they deliver.

Ok, well it’s hard to tell with all the negativity towards Deeproot. But if you are truely a DR future customer, well then carry on

1 week later
#4760 4 years ago

Somebody said this thread was a good place to discuss dimple issues. As a side note, has anybody tried to return parts to Marcos after 3 years?

#4765 4 years ago

Too also be fair, I’ve been told Deeproot will take back any pinball machines and parts issued 3 years ago

#4795 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I just want to chime in and ask where the f@ck where you guys hiding when I was fighting this dimple battle in the other threads? Well better late than never...pfft

Its very clear you were not properly arguing your dimple issues in the correct thread like this Deeproot one. #Dimpleroot

#4818 4 years ago

Never thought I’d say this in a thread about a pinball mfg, but can somebody please bring back Sledgehammer

#4835 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I must have been on glue
[quoted image]

Oh, thanks! I was about to give in on the pool table dimples

#4842 4 years ago

This thread was quiet 1 day too long...

496108CC-1AF1-4E64-912A-06EE5BD73B98.gif496108CC-1AF1-4E64-912A-06EE5BD73B98.gif
1 week later
#4916 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm new to this thread. Can someone summarize the last 98 pages for me please?
30 words or less.

98 Pages, 4 Words, Summerized

1816DA01-F79A-4D0A-93A8-149DB76209FA (resized).jpeg1816DA01-F79A-4D0A-93A8-149DB76209FA (resized).jpeg
#4940 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

What happens if you are the poster that hits 100 pages? Prizes maybe? (nothing for first place).

Maybe, or maybe not. I’m expecting nothing, but maybe something?

#4942 4 years ago

Here’s a cat

47DBD935-7B03-4BF0-B6ED-005843A02EB8 (resized).jpeg47DBD935-7B03-4BF0-B6ED-005843A02EB8 (resized).jpeg
#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You can't have it both ways. Y'all brow beat the man to stop spending time interacting until he has a product to show and now he (apparently) has.
This is what you asked for, now feel free to show some patience.

Oh, I remember now. The topic is arguing with everyone over everything.

Continue on...

#5045 4 years ago

I remember Microsoft used to solicit me about their “total written from scratch” Windows 7 phone. Saying the code rewrite was “revolutionary”. I let the air out by saying “I don’t buy smartphones for code or rewrites, I buy them because I like them and they make my life more organized and easier”

Hopefully Deeproot doesn’t go down the same road and think we give a shit about 200 innovations. We only care about good fun pinball at a good price & value, the end

1 week later
#5060 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Seven days and still NOTHING? Something must be happening. I can't take many more months of nothing, so if you hear something please post it. (or not=nothing).

This is WHATS happening

B7FE6E20-91F8-4FDF-92D4-7683F00F093C (resized).jpegB7FE6E20-91F8-4FDF-92D4-7683F00F093C (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#5087 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

On a new podcast, Christopher Franchi talked about how Deeproot wanted to work with him. Franchi then didn't hear from them and eventually went back to Stern.
According to Franchi, this pissed off Mueller who told Chris that he'll never work for Deeproot.

Well considering all of Franchi’s “artwork” looks like a kid from Kinkos put it together with Windows Paint and printed it on dimple paper, no loss to Deeproot. If Meuller is mad it’s because Franchi keeps trying to slide into his DM for a job

#5116 4 years ago

20 days till RAZA!

http://deeprootpinball.com/

657CE313-8BBF-404B-B1BC-385EB76F3E3A (resized).jpeg657CE313-8BBF-404B-B1BC-385EB76F3E3A (resized).jpeg
#5161 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, it's only the rich companies that can afford to defend patents. The most ridiculous patent, by far, is Christian Louboutin patenting red soles on women's shoes. He has successfully sued several other designers that use the color red. Crazy shit. [quoted image]

Actually not crazy, they put the red under sole on the map. Ask any woman what high heel has a red sole and they'll tell you Louboutin. So its a brand for sure which is why they win in court. So name a Pinball MFG that is doing that design right now? Nobody. So if Stern copies it they'll be a lawsuit for sure and Stern will lose. Stern doesn't care about this stuff though, at least not to date so nobody will be copying this. On the other hand, Stern Copied JJP when they came out with an LCD's, but I'm sure JJP didn't have a patent and giving attention to Stern for making a smaller display wouldn't make sense regardless as its inferior out the gate.

#5162 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Well, it's an interesting tease for sure. I've been trolled before and probably again... wouldn't be the first time I fell for it.
But I'm game to at least pay attention to Pinball Profile over the next few days to see if anything unfolds.
[quoted image]

So they moved up the dates? Hmmmm, ok 7 days to RAZA?

#5179 4 years ago

Maybe they were referring to Kid's Frosts Comeback Tour with his 1990 hit "La RAZA"

#5203 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

Doesn’t mean squat. Just google red soles shoes and look how many designers have them and they don’t have legal cases against them.
It’s been going on since 2011 , it’s hilarious that a man sells shoes with a red sole for crazy amounts of money then has to use that money to try to defend to be the only one to have shoes with red soles. What a waste of time. Like this thread.

Louboutin $85MIL
Deeproot Pins $0

So sounds like Squat is at least $38Mil?

What did we learn here?

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/richest-designers/christian-louboutin-net-worth/

#5220 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then let's get back to business.[quoted image]

It’s about time we got back on track...with Sledgehammer

#5266 4 years ago

Hopefully DR has Home Editions. And maybe a Trailer Park and Tuff Shed additions as well. Homeless Tent Edition would also be great as well.

10 Days Left to RAZA Sleeping Bag Edition

#5279 4 years ago

This entire thread is bi-polar. Up one day, down the other. Taking a dump one day, cracking beers another.

DP should just make a pin based on this entire thread. It would be impossible to figure out the rules, because there are none. We went from Dimples to Sledgehammer and everything in between.

What is everyone going to do when DP finally releases a machine? Complain about it of course, but then what will everyone do?

The end is near...

#5290 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, cause lord knows we couldnt throw our little tournament without 5 free translites.
I don’t really want any respect if it’s coming from morons, thanks!
Trust me, If I’m licking any sack, it’s gonna taste like G Fuel.
Mmmm....tasty G Fuel!

Well, I know what Levi is getting for Christmas

56A94040-8CE2-40DB-AA21-CC271249CAE4 (resized).jpeg56A94040-8CE2-40DB-AA21-CC271249CAE4 (resized).jpeg
#5302 4 years ago
4B2A4A78-0960-48A0-A2AC-76F7439E1568 (resized).jpeg4B2A4A78-0960-48A0-A2AC-76F7439E1568 (resized).jpeg
#5305 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Given the talent they have amassed, there’s no way this is Zizzle 2.0. I’m patiently, and eagerly, awaiting to see what they have - even if this is just a prototype.
What I *really* want to see is the “innovations” we keep hearing about. 99.9999% sure we won’t see that at Houston, but hope it’s not far behind.

CF0EDC6E-2D5C-41BA-AFAD-274D252536DF (resized).jpegCF0EDC6E-2D5C-41BA-AFAD-274D252536DF (resized).jpeg
#5363 4 years ago

No matter what is released tomorrow, this thread is going to need

J-Pop_Hugs (resized).jpgJ-Pop_Hugs (resized).jpg
#5528 4 years ago

Hopefully this pin has direct Audio/Video feeds

#5717 4 years ago

This game as a prototype is already better than any Stern produced. Try to find any dimpling or pooling?

#5729 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The prototype has a mirco playfield.

Proving my point. Even Mirco as a temp playfield is better than any Stern kinkos printed dimplefest

#5730 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

LOL @ "DETHRONING"!
Just Stop

Correct, it’s “DETHRONED”

Knocking Stern off wasn’t hard because they were never in the chair

#5833 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

After watching that video, Stern, JJP, CGC and Spooky have nothing to fear, unless it is priced really well.

Nothing to fear but themselves producing mediocre code, dimpled & pooling playfields, same boring shots, no mechs to speak of, and just forgettable boring play.

This is why 90’s pins cost as much as new pins

#6208 4 years ago
#6238 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Time for a short YouTube PYT break.

Glad somebody caught this

#6255 4 years ago

If somebody was able to make the ramp shot once, then everyone else who didn't make the shot just isn't that good.

#6277 4 years ago

Does anybody think a pinball game can be bad (besides Ghostbusters)

If this game was in your local arcade today would you not play it? Of course you would which means it’s good.

When I walk into anyplace and there’s a pinball machine, I head right over to it. And if it ends up being a Ghostbusters, I head right back out the door

#6284 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Well...yeah...
Robert called me, on my cell phone, to tell me I would receive DR machines for the money I had lost with JPop/Zidware. Answered any question I had and has kept in touch with scheduled updates on that status.
I couldn't get JPop to even return an email, much less get him on a telephone.

You need better game if you gonna be sliding into JPops DMs like that

#6291 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Oh come on. You cant be serious in making this comment.

1 word - “Ghostbusters”

#6301 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

While we are in analysis mode, interested to know your thoughts as to how you rate JP a 1/10?
I just don't get it!

Ghostbusters is a zero. I noted that as you can’t put zeros. With that said, JP at 1 is saying its better than Ghostbusters

This means I’ll play JP, not Ghostbusters.

Get it?

#6478 4 years ago

It’s amazing how many pinball manufacturing experts we have in here but still the same amount of actual pinball manufacturing company’s.

Based on this thread alone, we’d have a new pinball manufacturing company every hour.

I’d pay $$$ to see Gary, Robert, and Jack sitting in a room reading this thread laughing their asses off

#6485 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't think you need to be any kind of expert to figure out when the economy goes in the tank again, so will the pinball industry.
It won't be like the 30s or 70s when coin op boomed, it will be more like the late 2000s when homeowners had bigger priorities than buying new machines for their game rooms.

So who’s the expert trying to predict the economy tanking? What exact day is it tanking?

Pinball Manufacturers, Economists, Scientists oh my

#6529 4 years ago

Pinsiders argue on Pinside

#6588 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I don't know much about this company or pin but anytime a new pinball is designed and goes into possible manufacturing than it's a good thing. Not sure why people are being so negative about a new pin...let alone a early prototype with some low grade pictures and video. Seems most that actually played it had fun and said it's a good start. Can't everyone just be excited for more options ? If you like it buy it..if not then wait for another new release. Fun or not what a great time to be in this great hobby with so many new choices.

There are some here that are butthurt because J-Pop t-bagged their noses. Get over it

#6593 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It would probably be a "hack job".

I’d buy one

#6655 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll PayPal $2 to anybody who actually read all of that.
Honor system!!!

I couldn’t do it, honest

#6656 4 years ago

Can we get an index for Sledgehammer?

#6686 4 years ago
AE8D5588-9DB5-492E-B62E-993DB92626F2 (resized).jpegAE8D5588-9DB5-492E-B62E-993DB92626F2 (resized).jpeg
#6700 4 years ago

Dimples - Check
Sledgehammer - Check
Pinball CEOs - Check
The Great Depression of 2020 - Check
Deeproot Pinball - No Check

#6706 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I thought this thread was going to be boring once a pin was actually released , but boy how wrong was I . From Ice Cream robots to lessons in economics this thread has it all

You forgot the Three Green Triangles

#6715 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can see not proofreading a post, but a meme?

Proofreading is overrated, unlike the thread which is underrated

#6735 4 years ago

“Popular 80s theme“

Hmmm

Dukes of Hazzard?
He-Man?
Sledgehammer!?!

#6771 4 years ago
9B2311A4-7233-434D-8449-9E2614ACEE6F (resized).jpeg9B2311A4-7233-434D-8449-9E2614ACEE6F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6867 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

George Gomez is the ultimate Jack of all Trades in each and every aspect.
But most people don‘t give a shit who does what and just look at the game so let‘s do this also and don‘t ask in wich direction JPop wipes his bottom.

Side to Side?

#6899 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If I was starting a pinball company, my first move would be to do everything I could to not hire George Gomez. I'm the rare person excited to see jpops creations come to fruition. Gomez has a few great games, but more stinkers come to mind. Remember, Transformers and Avengers exist because of him.

Agreed, Glad Gomez is making pinball games but the replay value on his games stink. J-pops games are just different and immersive to play. If you hate J-Pop personally because he dicked you, I get that too.

Now if J-Pop turns out a boring Gomez pin, well then I’ll be the first person to say he jumped the Shark. But not looking to be the case and time will tell

#6900 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

I think people will get their Rick and morty pins before Deeproot releases 1 pin

Yeah this thread died once R&M got announced. Never watched an episode of R&M but based on how hot that thread is, looks like a winner for Spooky. Danesi seems to be Spookys best asset but he has also has to exceed the hype. Time will tell

#6908 4 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

I had a similar experience, and honestly I'm embarassed 7 years later about the drooling fanboy post I made after my visit to Zidware. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpops-magic-girl-and-zombie-adventure-shop-tour#post-530376

Just curious, not trying to stir up trouble here, but you didn't take the deal from Deeproot to get 100% credit for the money you lost to Jpop, or you sued Jpop and are ineligible?
I'm asking because personally I'm going to take the damn "free" machine Robert's offering to compensate me for the $'s I lost to Jpop and forget about all the sad bullshit I went through with John.

Yeah Sad people need to let it go. Offers made that weren’t required, people had choices, move on.

This shit is old. If you don’t like J-Pop, lick your nuts and move on with life like you did when a bee stung you. If you don’t want a DP pin, lots of other pins coming out - go there and get one.

But if you DGAFOS about what happened prior to DP and like J-Pop pins, hang out and get a potentially great pin

3 weeks later
#7058 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

100% incorrect. Just go to sec.gov and read for yourself.
They have raised over $30 million of “accredited investor” money
Investor advisors putting their client into this alt investment

Well he is a patient guy sitting on $30Mil. The Rick & Morty thread just caught up to this 2 year Deeproot thread of interest in just 30 days.

I want to see new J-Pop machines (and others) from Deeproot, but now that my collection is heading to max capacity might be overlooking this unless something gets released soon. And Raza isn't going to cut it.

#7061 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

My original enthusiasm and excitement about Deeproot has pretty much faded entirely away over the couple of years since they first claimed they were going to “ build a Ferrarri pin at Kia prices”.
Unless they really do have multiple games to unveil and soon, I think they have damn near missed the boat.

Yeah same here. They missed the boat. If they had just released 1 pin in 2019 they would be on the map.

And while they don’t need to post or satisfy Pinside by any means, their communications are just horrible and complete garbage.

Meanwhile MOST of the reason Rick & Morty flew off the shelves is because of Scott. He continues to be the prime example of how to create new pinball in 2020. And he connects directly with his audience, something Deeproot has failed to do on any level.

I’ve yet to find anybody that has any issues with Scott & what he’s doing. Yet Deeproot is the complete opposite.

So yeah, if you don’t believe in the designer & company behind a pinball game, why the F would you ever be interested in buying one from them?

So yeah, the window for me being interested has long gone and past

#7082 4 years ago

Yeah you go into the R&M thread and it’s like an all night party.

You come here to the Deeproot thread and it’s a morgue.

#7092 4 years ago

Maybe people donated $32 Million

#7142 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a “Deeproot pinball thread” sir

It’s technically a “DeepPoop Thread”

#7157 4 years ago
23BC6B2F-D91D-4A9B-A7EE-12925F805C26 (resized).jpeg23BC6B2F-D91D-4A9B-A7EE-12925F805C26 (resized).jpeg
#7170 4 years ago
1BD2D06C-7E96-4C22-81BD-E3114E9C8F5C (resized).jpeg1BD2D06C-7E96-4C22-81BD-E3114E9C8F5C (resized).jpeg
#7195 4 years ago

Is everyone still mad a J-pop or does he have to give a back massages at the VIP event to be exonerated?

#7218 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, these guys are serious. I bet when they say they are throwing a luncheon, they mean it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So they’re taking everyone to Sizzler?

#7226 4 years ago

It would need to be “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”

Instant buy

#7230 4 years ago

Blazing Saddles instant buy

1 month later
#7745 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s amazing some of the things that get downvotes.

Feel free to downvote payback

#7866 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Actually, I want Stern Pro machines for about $4200.

Yeah that’s about the max I’d pay for one NIB. Otherwise I’m perfectly fine buying 90s pins and others. And once the 1Up machine comes out for $600, even less interested in taking up space I don’t have

#7941 4 years ago

I have to say, this thread gets the Seinfeld award. Almost 8000 posts about nothing. I saw it getting hot and low and behold, it was about Robert being racist now. At this point I never want to see the pins released at risk of this thread dying

Keep it going Deeproot thread about nothing!

B914FCA4-C88D-4A9F-AB48-A927CE00917B (resized).pngB914FCA4-C88D-4A9F-AB48-A927CE00917B (resized).png
#7964 4 years ago

Hey, now theres that Deeproot thread I remember. Back on track

F071D33E-933D-4954-9D09-6844D6B06B8C (resized).jpegF071D33E-933D-4954-9D09-6844D6B06B8C (resized).jpeg
#7974 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

These are really, really strange times. I just upvoted WolfeMaaan.

Now I just might downvote you for upvoting

#7984 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Oh yea, dont get me wrong, dog meat, when properly prepared and seasoned is quite tasty...

I’m so proud of you guys, tears of joy...

F5C31D4B-F7E0-449E-94E9-190D9B4F5C8B.gifF5C31D4B-F7E0-449E-94E9-190D9B4F5C8B.gif
#7993 4 years ago

We’re talking about 13 releases right now.

Mission Accomplished!

#8009 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I pretty much said that over a year ago.

You're welcome.

Well somebody is a real O-din Downer

81554271-0DB6-4C8F-8F7D-36BE0EE17647.gif81554271-0DB6-4C8F-8F7D-36BE0EE17647.gif
#8024 4 years ago

So after 2 years and 8000+ posts, the Deeproot product launch is finally here...

5F34DA82-2C17-4E6B-A070-651F45455F3E.gif5F34DA82-2C17-4E6B-A070-651F45455F3E.gif
1 week later
#8047 4 years ago

Anybody take bets on what date Deeproot announces they are closing shop for good? I say May 1st

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfemaaan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=wolfemaaan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.