Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I don't know about you guys but I'm psyched for "the 5 days of deeproot"!!!!

did they say when the 5 days starts? That is the obvious follow up question.

1 month later
#170 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

From This Week in Pinball:
deeproot Pinball: New Home, New Hires, 5 Days of deeproot, EXCLUSIVE follow up interview:
http://thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-new-home-new-hires-5-days-deeproot-exclusive-follow-interview/

Which guy is Robert?

#201 6 years ago

who farted (resized).jpgwho farted (resized).jpg

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Actually you can thank me for Elvira 3. I’m the one who came up with it back in 2015 and told Dennis and Greg I wanted them to do it. I even reached out and spoke with Cassandra’s agent. I came up with a theme and fleshed it out with Dennis to present Elvira in a more timeless fashion. Dennis and I let things go after working with Charlie didn’t work out. Then at TPF 2017 I sat in the back of the room smiling when Cassandra Greg and Dennis announced that it was going to be made in the breakout session. While I don’t know what the current design or status is, if rumors are true that Stern is going to delay it’s release, I would love to purchase the license from them and finish it right. —Robert

LOFL!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, rolling over here

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I beat Kevin Kulek in a tourny on TOM.
Sorry i just thought Kevin deserved to be in this thread.

VonnieD

There... /thread

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

What a tragedy that would be, if true.
Even if Dennis, Barry et al are getting handsomely paid, they're not getting any younger, and if they're going to stay in the industry, it'd be great if they could pass on some of their considerable knowledge and experience to the next generations, rather than pouring it into a pit of an elaborate financial instrument.

Is there ANY reason to actually believe any of these guys have signed on a deal with an exclusive to deeproot?

If anything the deeproot marketing scheme seems to currently be all about disruption and ego, and nothing else. I am not sure why anyone currently believes a word they are saying?

That staged/sniped picture (and the way that Dennis, and Barry appear to not even want to be in the picture) makes me thing this was all part of the ploy. Deeproot possibly brought them in for a few days to try and negotiate a deal and then took this single sloppy picture to try and bolster up a perceived foundation of exclusive talent. If you really had signed an exclusive for these big deal industry guys, wouldn't you at least get a few real photos of them actually posed together in front of your amazing new building? They of course are not going to come out and say anything if they are currently on a retainer and a deal is still being inked, so perfect timing to dump a crappy staged photo from the original meeting on the web.

The deeproot model of disruption seems to be all big claims and ideas...

1. I am going to build a Bible theme pinball (it his my idea anyway, not Ben Hecks whom has been working on putting this together for a few years)
2. I actually am a game designer along with being a lawyer
3. I came up with the idea for Elvira 3! (lol)
4. Look, I sniped david, dennis, barry, and dennis. Look at me, look at me!
5. How many lawsuits should I file (guessing Jpop was brought on just for the patents and so more lawsuits can be started?)
6. We are going to build a houdini game also... The 'real' Houdini game as intended by Jpop (side bar, did anyone remember how crappy that thing was when it showed up at expo, lol)

It has taken this 'company' 3 years to get to this stage...

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think you're dreaming, as usual. Though at least not playing shill this time.
Aurich confirmed Barry's with them.
Especially after all the Elvira crap that was said yesterday, I think Dennis would be rushing in here to dissassociate himself if it were not true.
Photo just looks like an informal staff meeting. Looks less staged than a contrived company one, lined up outside the building.

having some fun with it.

Anyone with as much ego and pomp as this deep root lawyer with an already rich history of trying to toss money around, sue people, and a marketing scheme based on pissing people off and disruption/big claims... deserves to be held accountable.

Honestly, I just cant figure out WHY he would have Jpop involved at all.

IF (and that is a BIG if) this company really gets off the ground and actually manufactures some pinball machines, what is the reason for having Jpop on board?

Without question he carries more baggage than value, history has shown him to be incapable of working with others or able to actually design a game without major help, and he is caustic on many levels.

If deeproot is really in this for the business, then I would think the first thing they do is cut Jpop off ASAP.

#401 6 years ago

Can someone please just start a new thread when deeproot does more than hype and talk smack...

Pretty boring till they produce something

1 week later
#433 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Thank you for your assessment, but you missed most of the points I tried to emphasize in the Webinar. Zidware customers who file a claim and are approved will get advanced access to play all titles *before* they have to commit to anything, or pay in any more money. It is completely no risk.
I would say you did get something right. We are sure that once Zidware Claimants see what they will be getting, most will likely max out the top tier. That benefits them; and admittedly us as well. I guess 'Sizzle without the zizzle' was overlooked in my last interview. I thought it was clever at least. Hehe.
--Robert/dT

so it is all a scam to TRY and get people already duped to give you more deposit money and pot in to another JPOP scam???

WOW!!! WTF!!!!

2 weeks later
#583 6 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalBalls:

Wasn't Bible adventure a collaborative concept from Ben and Rob?

NO, just no!

It is very clear that he overhead Ben talking about doing it, interjected his ideas (as he obviously thinks everyone wants to hear them), and then decided to shit in the cherrios.

Ben has been talking about Bible adventures for years and years and years before the lawyer even was in the scene trying to toss around money to buy companies and sue current employees.

#589 6 years ago

This reminds me of cowboys fans. They always say "were gonna win the superbowl". Lol, I've been hearing that talk for years and years and years but it never happens.

gotta love the 'new' account from Texas that just happens to be in here attempting to retell reality to defend his buddy DeerpRoot.

Sorry HMB, but your buddy is a complete DBag for even claiming to be making a Bible adventures and purposefully pissing all over it. Sad to see that he is at least part (a big part) of the reason Ben Heck is done with pinball. He already has a tainted legacy of doing all he can to just be an ass. Not much can save that rep. Just a rich tool that tosses around money and talks big.

#592 6 years ago

Wow, ur a special kind of stupid. I've never met Robert in my life. I've had an account on pinside for a little while. I've always stuck to the marketplace. I would always hear about "pinside drama" I never actually seen it until I did some research on deeproot and came across this thread. Having a pinball company in my backyard is pretty exciting, and I find it baffling that people are shitting on them when they helped out a bunch of people who got screwed over. I ain't gonna hide behind a keyboard, if u wanna have a conversation id be more than happy to entertain u at Texas Pinball Festival.

If you are genuinely new and not a plant (sorry but Derproot deserves ample suspicion and when a new account shows up claiming lies about how things have already transpired... well...) then my apologies.

The reality is that Ben has been actively doing Bible Adventures stuff for years. He would freely talk to anyone about it and as I understand it, Rob came to WI talking big stuff about wanting to buy Spooky pinball at one point a few years back. They brushed him off and away he went, but on that trip Ben of course talked about Bible Adventures. Rob grabbed on to the idea and then has tried to claim it all as his own. Given his apparent sue happy nature, it seems many players in the industry just dont even want to deal with his bullshit and he appears to know this. He likes to talk big just to try and piss in everyone's cheerios. Sadly with Ben, it appears to have been enough for him to say F it (as you can imagine, pretty shitty to have a dream theme you are actively working on and then some asshole lawyer starts making big claims and sucks 100% of the fun out of it for fear the guy will just sue you into submission since he has the money to do so)

At this point Robert and Derproot has not helped a single person and their net impact has been nothing but bad for the industry.
IF and that is a BIG IF, they pay back all the Jpop people then I will be happy to give them high fives. Until that time comes, they pretty much suck for what they have done to Ben, the claims they have made to try and hurt AP, and just his general BS.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

You might want to ask Applejuice and Zombieyeti about that. Supposedly, they've been taken care of, so at least that's a start towards cleaning up Zidware's mess.

I dont believe they can talk about stuff, but as I understand it... they sold some of their work to Derproot.

Guessing they also were happy to get anything (even if not what they were owed).

1 week later
#654 6 years ago

That is complete bullshit and you know it Kim.

Aurich has been very up front and straight forward with the trials and tribulations he has had as a currently still not paid contractor.

Despite your immature attacks against him, he is a pretty cool guy to have put up with all your bullshit over the years and still here trying to help and provide something positive. Just Fing can it for once with your constant hardon for him. It makes you look sad and frankyly it is about time to get over the petty shit that is now years old.

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Did you change your avatar because of the Hilton Hoodie?

I changed my avatar for dog reasons.

3 months later
#893 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

If you only knew how little any of the designers have a role in the process

says the guy that was duped by a designer to use a stylized buttplug up the bum as your company logo

made me laugh

5 months later
#1987 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I booked a flight and a hotel room, for the "Big 5 Reveal". I'm real bummed to hear about the delayed reveal. Hopefully, there will be something to share with us, as a pinball community at that festival.

same here. I wanted to be able to see all 5 of these games at TPF and gotta be honest that it was a big part of the reason I planned to do TPF this year (great show but been the past few years and it is fun to go to a variety)

This news about DeepRoot is pretty shitty. Granted I can cancel plans, but pretty bummed this 5 days of DR is no longer happening. I guess it was to be expected based on the owners reputation for talking big.

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

There’s more to the show than dr

yes, TPF is a GREAT show!

For me personally, I have been a few times and there is only so much time in the year for shows. I will try for Pinbirgh tickets and if I miss out then TPF may be the option. I still want to hit up some west coast shows also some year.

A big draw of TPF for me was the fun of being there to witness the 5 new games. DR talked a big talk, but w/o them it makes it easier on me to not go (also was unable to get tourney tics before the sell out and that is something I would have wanted to do)

6 months later
#3955 4 years ago

edit: I have been warned that due to the litigious nature of some people with lots of money, that it is not worth the comment.

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is that all it takes to shut you up?
Hilton, for future reference, I have lots of money and I'm very litigious in nature!

we both know you are a broke. nobody with money wears sandals with socks.

#3973 4 years ago

Levi PoV

Levi PoV (resized).JPGLevi PoV (resized).JPG
4 months later
#5400 4 years ago

What is the boardset they are using?
Also, what are the source parts?

#5456 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I would imagine they're making their own proprietary boards and operating system. For a company's long term viability it's the smart move

I don't think the general public cares at this point. I don't.
Game looks fantastic IMO. Long ways to go yet but they have exceeded my expectations and I hunger for more.

Yeah, I agree that this looks nice but a long way to go.
We have all seen and experienced the hurdles yet to come...

I personally think that I would rather see a P-roc solution since many other start ups are going that way.
Unlikely they will do that, but in my real world decision making (after I come down to reality from the excitement of any new game) I like to know that the game will be reliable and parts are easy to source/interchangeable with other things on the market.

1 year later
#14390 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's what I'm hearing. Improved parts which will be great for existing games if replacement is needed and more of a traditional style Bally/William cabinet. Also Dave Sanders mentioned on Kaneda of an extra magnet somewhere on the playfield.
I also heard possible new artwork but that doesn't make sense to me.

I have to agree and it's a no brainer for me to buy in.

Needed improvements IMHO:
Better alien head mech
Better light engineering (very finicky design on original)
Better proximity switches
Better left ramp return plastic

Alien is an awesome game with possible the best audio of all time, a great layout, and cool ruleset.

I would never prepay for one with pinball bros and a bit concerned with the money they likely still owe (legally?) to people that got screwed the first go around. Would for sure buy with cash on the glass after playing and seeing what they improved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.