• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider warzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12393 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As usual, a few whiners probably complained because it was interrupting their wishful thinking and dreams.

What are you doing in here? You’re the super fun guy, one man show ?
You’re not a whiner for sure: you’re the clown here. At least you’re not interested by Deeproot, but only by yourself.

2 months later
#14182 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So you're willing to pay for something based on what someone tells you what will happen in the future... (both pre-ordering a game from a startup AND paying for future services up front) but the credibility and history of those very same people is of no interest to you?
Ok.... I hope you have the same rolls off your back attitude when the future promises fail too. But you'll be in it for thousands of dollars then.

I don’t get that now the company has build a pin, it’s still a scam, always a scam and so on... why does they have to prove everything specially to you who are in all the thread on pinside, who has a thought on everything and who will NEVER buy a pin from Deeproot no matter what. Why don’t you try to find a hobby you enjoy and start being happy with it?

#14196 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But... SEND MONEY NOW!

Cool down... Everything will be fine. I will not (forever) debate with you since flynibus has always the last word.
Please don’t be angry with people (like me) who may purshase this pin.
Please go back to all the thread to give your opinion. Pinside wouln’d be pinside without you.
Now let’s hug?

1 week later
#14741 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

What I find fascinating (pathetic) are that people such as flynnibus who spent countless hours writing his 323 posts in a thread about a company he has no interest in supporting. That particular piece of work downvotes almost every post of mine...he’d even downvote a post where I offered to buy him a RAZA as a thank you for all his downvotes. Seriously, don’t some of you have anything better to do?
-Wayne

This guy hobby is over analyzing everything with his « great » expererience and bashing all the pins he will never buy no matter what...
I think we got that DR will fail or need to take advice to the great flynnibus.
We all wait for you flynibus to build your own company to see what could be successful or at least your homebrew!
Save your time on this site and do that, you’ll be more happy in life.

#14747 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Maybe you didn’t know... buy there is more to this hobby then buying NIB games.

If everyone in this hobby was thinking like that, this industry would be long gone.
So basically, we need some stupid rich folks to buy pins and serve for the others as beta tester, guinea pigs and test new companies for smart guys like you to maybe one day, give a dime for it?
But eveyone is not that smart so basically, there is a balance.
For once, I get you.

#14799 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Do you pinside cry babies have nothing else to do??? Than bitching Deeproot for what?
Go shame yourself, you don't deserve to be in this hobby. Go somewhere else jerking around.

I couln’t agree more. I can’t even count the number of double posts by some saying they will fail, all is crap and so on...by a bunch of self assigned expert who knows everything.

Quoted from benheck:

Other pinball companies might sell you the wish fulfillment of being a rock star, a superhero or a ghost-busting time-traveler. FOOD TRUCK lets you live the dream of spending all day inside a hot, cramped mobile kitchen making minimum wage while hoping ICE doesn't show up.

I’m sorry but even if everyone has respect for your knowledge, your only pinball at Spooky was not really impressive. Between AMH and RAZA, sorry I would choose RAZA by far.
I’m not sure why you keep posting and reposting in here all the same critics. It’s like a broken record. Are you seriously angry at this point? What did they do to you personaly which deserve that kind of hate? Just curious.

#14812 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

the JPop/Ben Heck story started almost 10 years ago.
There's no easy overview of everything that happened.. you can read a lot here on pinside but it's scattered between 10.000's of posts..

I'm not saying everything is right from DR nor there is not a long history. There was NDAs, yes, look stupid, ok... so what?
Ben worked with Jpop 10 years ago. It didn't worked out... ok
JPop has failed many projects and people, yes.... we got that after around 400000 posts about it.
They didn't show any manufacture pics... OK ... they just need to deliver... that's it....

This is a new company, to build new pins. Why this broken records of critics? If they do release/produce those pins, what you guys will say? this is crap and so on....?

I mean, if you put all the critics aside, the pin itself look really decent, has shiny arts, you can save some money with modules, at least try something with its pinbar. I haven't seen as much hate with other Stern titles with no innovation at all.

We should encourage the risk, not blame all of them. At least it doesn't deserve that much hate before it's even released. Just a question, if they do release the pins and the others on time and the pins are good, do you guys will fill a bit of remorse?

1 week later
#15088 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that's some stark comparison from Nov 2018 to Aug 2020 when you see it laid out like that (I took Dennis Nordman out because he's gone, even though they list him):
--------------------------
Nov 2018
MANAGEMENT TEAM
ROBERT MUELLER - PRINCIPAL
CRAIG RUSHFORTH - VP/LEAD ENGINEER
EXCLUSIVE GAME AND AUDIO DESIGN TEAM
JOHN POPADIUK - EXCLUSIVE GAME DESIGNER
DENNIS NORDMAN - EXCLUSIVE GAME DESIGNER
JON NORRIS - EXCLUSIVE GAME DESIGNER
BARRY OURSLER - EXCLUSIVE GAME DESIGNER
DAVID THIEL - PINBALL AUDIO ARTIST
ELECTRICAL TEAM
MATTHEW BRADSHAW - ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
JOSUE CRUZ-LAMBERT - ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
JACOB RODRIGUEZ - ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
FLOR CASTRO - ELECTRICAL TECH
MECHANICAL TEAM
SEAN GIBSON - SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
PATRICK FINUCANE - MECHANICAL PROJECT LEAD
JEREMY SANCHEZ - MECHANICAL ENGINEER
DANIEL VELA - MECHANICAL ENGINEER
JUAN SOTELO - MECHANICAL TECH
MANUEL LEAL - MECHANICAL TECH
STEPHEN NEGRETE - MECHANICAL TECH
CHRISTOPHER CABRERA - MECHANICAL TECH
CHARLES NEGRETE - MECHANICAL TECH
IN-HOUSE ART AND STORYBOARDING TEAM
BLAKE ADRIAN - VISUALIZATION ARTIST
ADAM REHMANN - CONCEPT ARTIST
QUINN JOHNSON - SCENARIST, STORYBOARDING, WRITER
STEVEN BOWDEN - RULESET DESIGNER / DEEPROOT AMBASSADOR
UTAH CREATIVE STUDIO
MATTHEW ARMSTRONG - ART DIRECTOR
LANCE MONTGOMERY - PINBALL AUDIO ARTIST
NATE ALLISON - TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
ALLEN STEVENSON - ANIMATOR
RYAN BIRD - ANIMATOR
DILLON THOMPSON - CHARACTER MODELLING & ANIMATION
SOFTWARE TEAM
TURNER LOGIC - SOFTWARE
Aug 2020
MANAGEMENT TEAM
ROBERT MUELLER - PRINCIPAL
CRAIG RUSHFORTH - VP/LEAD ENGINEER
EXCLUSIVE GAME AND AUDIO DESIGN TEAM
JOHN POPADIUK - EXCLUSIVE GAME DESIGNER
JON NORRIS - EXCLUSIVE GAME DESIGNER
BARRY OURSLER - EXCLUSIVE GAME DESIGNER
DAVID THIEL - PINBALL AUDIO ARTIST

Ok the list have changed for sure. How do you guys know those guys have been laid out? Did you ask them or do you know the current team out there?
It’s still speculation. It’s not because one known person in here have left than there was no turnover.
I’ve changed companies, and people are getting fired. We don’t know the details... only one side version can be talked in here anyway.

#15110 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Are you intentionally being daft? It’s not speculation. Speak for yourself. YOU don’t know the details.

no. If you no longer work there for months, how do you know the details? do you still have contacts?
You have anger for sure.
I respect the fact that you worked there and you don't like them. We got that.
No I don't know the details? i respect your privacy. There are a lot of turnover in companies: maybe you were on your right, maybe not. Who cares.
It doesn't change the fact that they may produce those pins anyway.

I've heard peope working at "Apple" that is was hell... so what?

#15262 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Please tell me when your biography of Jack comes out. I'll be the first to purchase it, along with an autograph for sure.
Spindoctoring is exactly all the b.s. you spew. You're not privy to ANYTHING going on in these companies, yet your endless debates do nothing but attempt to illustrate how informed you are, and other's aren't.
Ego. You are 100% logical ego. And that's no fun to discuss things with, because your sense of victory doesn't stem from having an enjoyable conversation and developing a friendship with someone you've never met, your joy results from trying to punish someone via your own sense of funky dominance and insecurity. That is seriously bizarre, and a reason I don't enjoy forum discussion on here. (Are you listening to the message here or does only being right have value to you?)
And yes, semantics. Which was you miscontrusing my statements, and continually using your impressions of what I said against me.
"the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text."
And whoopdeedoo, you had typos in some of your replies. Why would I jump on something like that and wish to correct it?
PM me if you wish to teach me all the pinball history you feel I'm inaccurate about or to forward me the first few chapters of Jack's bio/JJP's history.

There is nothing related to the fact. It’s only conjecture. It’s about him being right on everything with his ego. You might quit this never ending debate or you might finish in crazy house.

2 months later
#17427 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

yes, i thinks that one prototype / sample game standing in the factory will cost more than Big Bang Bar after Deeproot told anybody the factory blew up because of some trainee pushing the wrong button.
I was really excited about Raza, but what this company does to every customer is just sad.

What is sad is bashing this company bring that much interests more than any new homebrews or any new projects.
Homebrews with 30 posts should be happy to see that. How many new posts to repeat this company is a fraud and how many posts to support new projects Fast, P-ROC ...
Some people in here enjoy more bashing than anything else.
Who could have the guts to launch anything after that?

I hope you guys could to enjoy even more if DR to go to bankrupcy. It would be amazing, isn’t it?
We go back to the middle age. Enjoy your hobby.

4 months later
#21691 2 years ago

I wonder why people in here gave so much credit regarding Jpop as a person in a first place? The guy switched from the Star symbol to the most pinball hated guy ever. This is ridiculous.
Why this guy is more well know that so many other people in pinball word or project who deserve more credits?
Don’t you think some people in here and Zidware Raza buyers have a responsability not knowing that this guy alone, was trying to reuse his name and making pinball on his own even if we knew it was impossible.
What was the point? Making a profit?

There are too much drama regarding this guy. We now KNOW that pinball is a TEAM effort and a long run, not a miracle from a genious. So neither CV TOTAN of WC94 was done by this guy alone, far from it.

Yes Jpop might deserve to be forbidden, but this should have happened 10 years ago...
wow, in 2021 this is the news, the guy is just only a designer... not able to do anything else. It takes time to understand things sometimes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider warzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=warzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.