Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1420 5 years ago

How does Robert Mueller have time to run a pinball manufacturing company and also head up a Russian collusion investigation?

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Since there is nothing to the Russian B's, he has plenty of time

Well, so far there is nothing to the pinball company. We shall see.

1 month later
#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I hear that the rights to the Beaver are harder to come by.

Exactly. And you don’t want to mess with the Beaver without a license agreement. Not in this day and age.

1 week later
#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Will Deeproot be doing a Back to the Future with the original voices? Or will they be voice actors?

I heard they hired Michael J. Fox to do the artwork but he will not do any voice call outs.

6 months later
#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The ball is the same as the car, it's the moving object, and it's the one that has the IR camera. The difference on the ball is that it rolls, so it would need either a very reactive gyroscope or an array of IR lights, each on its own frequency most likely.
I am not saying this could replace the switches as I don't even think the switches are what needs to be replaced, but I am saying there are other methods than a camera to track a moving object in a closed environment.

Two words to solve all these problems......

Sonar.

1 week later
#3266 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

$50 that Deeproot does not ship games by December 2019.

I think they will start shipping in October. So I won't take you up on the $100 but I'll bet you $50 that they will ship before December 2019.

#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I’ve said two things from the beginning. Pinball is easy; everything that goes into making pinball is not. We will launch when we are ready, and no sooner.
— Robert, dT

Lol. Hilarious.

#3336 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'll bet $100.00 to one person that we do not see a shipped game before September 2019, any takers?
Then $50.00 to one person that we so not see a working game shipped by December 2019.

Well, seeing as how you made this bold offer and then never responded when I took you up on it, I'm assuming you were just blowing hot air. So bet is off unless I hear from you. Probably a good thing for me after Deeproots last post here. Clearly they are nowhere near ready.

#3337 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sounds like you were unnecessarily hammered

Iceman's liver must have done something truly terrible to the guy for him to want to punish it so badly.

#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

We can bet with the payment to charity. I've not been checking this thread lately as I'm not surprised by the missed deadlines.

Sounds good.

2 weeks later
#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:I think they will start shipping in October. So I won't take you up on the $100 but I'll bet you $50 that they will ship before December 2019.

Boy was I stupid.

#3590 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Haha. Not stupid. If we don’t make Dec 31 and you have to pay up I’ll cover you Send me a bill.

— Robert dT

I wouldn't expect you to cover a bet I made so you will get no bill from me. Just put out a quality game that doesn't feel like a decision was made to make a "mono" target with two switches instead of four individual targets just to save $3 on BOM. Make something I might consider buying, or at least force other companies to bring their game back up to where I might consider buying from them again.

#3638 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Darn.
I'm here for the free shit.
LTG : (

I will literally attend any boring promotion or seminar for free shit. I have no shame.

70CC644C-8879-4458-9BA0-0BC0F213F6C2 (resized).jpeg70CC644C-8879-4458-9BA0-0BC0F213F6C2 (resized).jpeg
#3654 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Correct but the Stern MVP helping Stern on many logistical fronts this decade is George Gomez.

I just want to know who was the guy that said "let's cut the Lily and Dragula 4 target stand up banks to "mono" banks and put 1 switch on each end therefore cutting out 2 switches from the BOM on each. This will save us a couple bucks per game." Penny wise, pound foolish. This one descision has made Munsters completely un-buyable for many such as myself. As far as Black Knight goes, why put that upper playfield on the le and premium that noone wants? Why not put that money towards an awesome Black Knight bash toy? No effing stand up target in front of him, but an authentic bashtoy with force-feedback and moveable effing parts. A black Knight that at the very least turns his head from side to side with a simple fucking cheap servo? Goddam it Stern! I bought NIB simpsons pinball party ($3700 shipped) and Walking Dead premium ( $6500 shipped) NIB because of their awesome combination of mechs and code. Good luck.

#3662 4 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Asked and answered at the seminar at TPF. They like how the big tall target plays.

It plays like crap. No skill in aiming for it. Can you imagine if Williams took this approach when they made Sorcerer? Just make a big mono target and hit anywhere on it enough times to spell Sorcerer. No aiming for the specific standup needed to light Sorcerer. Yeah, that sounds like fun.
I call bs. It was a lame attempt to save a few bucks in wire and stand ups.

2 weeks later
#3713 4 years ago

Ooh, a bunch of new activity in the Deeproot thread. Maybe some new info about they're games has come to light?
Or 12 posts about grammar.

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

and provide a healthy tax write-off when it inevitably fails".

So they are purposely losing money to gain money on the tax write-off?
Assuming corporate tax rate of 21%
So deeproot blows $1000 in order to make $210?

#3731 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

You're forgetting the millions of dollars from investors they've already secured.

How does that play into tax deductions?

#3743 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

How exactly would deeproot Capital Management benefit from if they fail? How do "sleazy accountants" make this work?

Step 1: Lose a bunch of money in pinball
Step 2: Hire Sleazy Accountants for write offs
Step 3: ?
Step 4: Profit

#3747 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They don't. Some of the most idiotic commentary on Pinside.
Is it surprising? No, because there are some dumb ass idiots on here.
DR better sell a shit load of pins or there will be a lot of people F ed.
The "write off" angle is pure stupidity.

That was a little harsh.

#3755 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

deeproot - how about releasing some tasty information pronto, otherwise this thread will degrade further into grammar?!?!

And tax law. Not surprisingly, most people don’t know much about either subject.

#3835 4 years ago

I prefer the Zidware art. Sure it’s cartoons, but there was something sexy about the characters that this deeproot alien seriously lacks.

#3882 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The thread about thing - Jerry Seinfeld

The Addams Family?

#3932 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I like this one.
Oh shit, I better hire a lawyer. I think I just gave legal advice without a license.

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I can see it now. Finding some poor helpless woman overcome by the merciless negativity of a Pinside thread. Our hero then leaps into action.
Pinside superhero: "Is this negative thread bothering you mam"?
Helpless woman: "Yes!! This thread is on fire and even though I dont need to click on it I cant avoid it or look away from the cesspool of negativity".
Pinside superhero: "Not to worry, mam. I see this kind of garbage all the time on Pinside and its clearly killing our hobby. Any day now one of these negative threads is going to just completely shut down production at Stern and JJP simultaneously. I have no proof that this is true, but it feels good to say it will anyway".
"Allow me to make a post about my own outrage and disdain for this thread before I move it to the drain for you. Thatll teach those bastards to have an opinion different from ours".
Helpless woman: "Thanks, Pinside hero. I couldnt have continued going on Pinside looking at the countless other threads that aren't negative without your help".

Exactly. I’ve never reported anyone to a moderator ever. I say buckle up buttercup to those snowflakes.

#3998 4 years ago

Has anyone requested a refund and actually gotten one?

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nor do I give legal advice to anyone, butt If I was a lawyer, I IMAGINE I MIGHT say a bird in the hand is worth 2 jpops in the bush.

Notice how I qualified the statement with the words imagine and might? Take some notes Hilton.

1 week later
#4120 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

According to post #4074 he got a 30 day holiday.

Ouch. 30 days all forum ban for that comment seems a bit harsh. Besides, it wasn't even Iceman's fault. It was the booze that made him do it.

#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So when are these machines coming out?

Five of them are coming out at the Texas Pinball Festival 2018. It’s going to be the 5 days of deeproot, so stay tuned.

#4142 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Offended? Really? People were offended by this? Anyone offended by this would be a fool to admit it.

I wasn't offended, but it wasn't funny either. If your're going to post something divisive, it shout at least be funny.

#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

As a penance, I tried to downvote myself. I guess you can't? Also, it tied in nicely with the robot chicken clip above it.

It didn’t really have any wit to it. It’s too obvious. You think Kaepernick is a clown because of his views. It doesn’t tie into deeproot and only ties into the video because the clown shoes look similar. I may downvote, but I never report other people’s post.

#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Divisive? Really? If you choose that this is divisive that's your problem...

I don't choose anything, just pointing out the obvious. It sounds like it's your problem the way you're melting over all this. You have proven that snowflakes are not politically affiliated to one side. Relax, and let's get back to whatever this thread is supposed to be about.

#4186 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Does that mean we have to get back to talking about Deep Root? Awe right!

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good evening. Next person who continues the political discussion in any way will be ejected from the thread. Stop snipping at each other, both sides...thank you.

I think Deeproot should be ejected. I mean, if they weren’t so late with their games, we wouldn’t bring up so many off topic subjects.

#4204 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

RFM sold more units than the original attack from mars. It sold more than any WPC-95 game. I think think there were 2 things holding back Pinball2000:

2. The dark glass needed to make the holograms show up made everything on the playfield dark.. it was also special glass that had to be ordered.

That glass made the playfield look even darker than season 8 Game of Thrones battle scenes. I couldn't see an effing thing. The ball would get lost halfway up the already shortened playfield. It sucked. That's why it failed with me. That, and people want to hit mechanical toys not holograms.

2 weeks later
#4418 4 years ago

I loved that show as a kid, but there is no way it would ever be made. Too obscure.

For those that don’t know, the character Sledgehammer was basically a take on Seargent Tackleberry of the Police Academy movies and Dirty Harry.

2 weeks later
#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Pinball isn't even mentioned. So the parent company and other companies are making the money

Have you any evidence of this, like deeproot financial statements or tax returns? You are making this claim and asking other people to prove they aren’t making money. Essentially asking others to prove a negative.
It’s as absurd as claiming god exists and asking other people to prove he doesn’t. Ah nevermind. I just realized 90% of the population has this warped thinking.

#4640 4 years ago

This will be Wolfemaaan’s next post.

Quoted from flynnibus:

They shown themselves to be well funded to date.

You said earlier that Deeproot hasn’t made any money and now you’re saying they have? Make up your mind.

#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you miss those key words "investors" and "investment"?
Making money and having money are not interchangeable concepts. I said they were well "funded" which means money they had access to. Nothing in the same discussion about "making money".
"Funded" is money coming from investors - not customers

I fully understand and agree with you. Reread the first sentence of my post.

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

That's one thing I think should be fixed by Pinside. There shouldn't be any ratings lower then a 3. Anyone rating games under this is either just trying to manipulate the games rating or just trying to be a horses a$$.

Have you played Thunderbirds? But agree, that game is the exception to the rule.

1 week later
#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I bought my TSPP NIB and played it nonstop. When I sold it earlier this year, the playfield looked perfect. Not one dimple.
On the other hand my BM66 was a dimple fest to the point that even my non pinhead friends commented about it.
As much as I love Steve Ritchie, the video of him in sunglasses telling everyone they're overreacting was disappointing.
Back to Deeproot tal......never mind.

I also bought TSPP NIB and it never had a dimple or any other issues with the playfield when I owned it. My NIB TWD premium playfield looks like the surface of the moon.

#4783 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

:p
my game from the 90s which I had fully broken down 2 years ago.

You got one with bad wood. I’ve never seen a TZ look as bad as yours. I did the same thing with mine and buffed it to a fine shine with Novus 2 and 1 and there were no dimples on it at all. Certainly some of those old Bally/Williams playfields had dimpling, but relatively few and the dimpling usually wasn’t too bad.

#4802 4 years ago

To the people who say that old playfields have just evened out after thousands of dimples and essentially compressed the wood everywhere on the playfield so it will not dimple anymore I ask, why don’t manufacturers just compress the playfields in order to harden the wood so no more dimpling can occur?

#4805 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh, then we have those pesky inserts that although not wood, still seem to compress at the same rate.

Stop pointing out facts that don’t fit the Narrative you troublemaker.

1 month later
#5191 4 years ago

You can’t patent a color. Anyone can put red on the bottom of their shoes. The company that tries to sue other companies for doing so would lose the case in court.

#5199 4 years ago

The appellate court was clearly wrong to overturn the lower court. This has been ruled on before. Hopefully the Supreme Court will hear this case and overturn it. Lotta money involved, maybe appellate was bought off.

#5204 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Always good to hear from the experts.

I am a fucking expert.

#5218 4 years ago

Hope you are drinking a beer with that chili.

You don’t have to hope. Iceman’s definitely drinking beers with that chili, and almost certainly harder stuff as well. His liver has filed numerous restraining orders on him.

#5243 4 years ago

I am expecting a TPF reveal and ready to ship shortly after.

Yes, Deeproot even confirmed multiple game reveals at the upcoming Texas Pinball Festival 2019 in March. The 5 days of Deeproot.

#5280 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Next week. Lolololololol................!
Yet you won't allow me to double up my original beer bet because you are a hater and STERN apologist and Supreme lover!!!

Well, in Levi’s defense, the guys at Stern are so thinned skinned that if you want them to sponsor your New York pinball tournament, you better damn well slobber all over their sac and proclaim everything they do is perfect. Does Levi lose a little respect in the pinball community for his “Pencification”? Perhaps, but I can’t really fault him for it.

#5281 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This entire thread is bi-polar. Up one day, down the other. Taking a dump one day, cracking beers another.
DP should just make a pin based on this entire thread. It would be impossible to figure out the rules, because there are none. We went from Dimples to Sledgehammer and everything in between.

Yep, isn’t pinside great?

#5284 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, cause lord knows we couldnt throw our little tournament without 5 free translites.
I don’t really want any respect if it’s coming from morons, thanks!

Wow, you sold out for a mere 5 translites? Sad.

#5314 4 years ago

Why bother showing a watered down, mech missing prototype?

2 weeks later
#6761 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not trying to be an arse,

Oh, I disagree. I believe you are trying to be an arse. Your history on this site is evidence of that.

#6770 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I haven't seen RAZA yet, but it sure sounds like a lot of people making excuses for a poorly designed ramp. Reminds me of the Houdini-apologists.

The ramp on TOTAN is the most cool and fun ramp to hit in all of pinball in my opinion. If they can get the RAZA ramp makeable at a good percentage, it will rival TOTANs. It’s pretty cool the way it goes up at the end like that.

#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I bought a first run and it played pretty damn well, as long as I could keep the lights on. (:

I bought a first run and it sucked. And I couldn’t keep the lights on either. But most important was that JJP still hasn’t figured out how to make snappy flippers. And until they figure out how to make stern like snappy flippers, they will never compete with Stern.

#6823 4 years ago

Well Deeproot better figure out how to make strong snappy flippers because that ramp is going to demand them to be.

#6825 4 years ago

Stern flippers are plenty powerful when working right. There’s nothing better than the flippers on a brand new Stern. But cheap parts do cause them to break down fairly quickly. Slow solid flippers are no fun. And when JJP flippers break down they are especially bad. I think all the best players with top notch flipper skills prefer Stern.

#6840 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And the sound....Stern flippers would work fine but sounded like I was bitch slappin' somebody.

No doubt, Stern flippers feel hollow and have a loud clacking noise to them. But in spite of that, they are the best. Love their backhanded capabilities. Williams fliptronic are a close second. But JJP claims to be like B/W when they clearly are missing something that made those flippers really good.

#6854 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I interpreted that he was disappointed in his team. Basically that he hired the wrong people. If he wanted to beat Stern, he needed to hire George Gomez, not JPOP. He put his cards and money on the wrong people. In my opinion the only good hire was Barry, who is a machine when it comes to designing games fast.

If I was starting a pinball company, my first move would be to do everything I could to hire George Gomez to run it. Then Lyman Sheats as lead coder. As far as designing games fast, that really isn’t the bottleneck. I don’t need a fast designer, I need an innovative designer.

1 month later
#7309 4 years ago

I haven’t been following this thread much lately, so could someone tell me if they shipped any machines yet? I’m pretty sure I lost a bet about that if they haven’t but I can’t remember who I made the bet with and I suck at navigating this site. A little help.

#7311 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

This will get you caught up...
https://deeprootpinball.com/

Ok so I lost $50 to one of you. This bet was awhile ago so Let me know whoever you are.

1 week later
#7360 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

David Thiel is working at Deeproot
Just got off my Alien. He is a HUGE asset

I sense there’s a euphemism or two in this post.

4 months later
#8670 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

I inquired about this and was told that "Robert will announce what will make sense soon"
What that means I have no idea...

What if “what will make sense” means chapter 7?
Just asking questions.

#8683 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I feel something too.........hitting the bathroom!

Hopefully it wasn’t a Deeproot.

#8684 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Can someone send me a pm when there is some real news.

Like anyone is going to remember to pm you in 2 years.

#8708 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm kinda disappointed none of the spelling/grammar police got me on that one. Neutral Omen is an oxymoron I was proud to create.

How could you make that mistake? What are ya, an oxy moron?
Is that better?

2 months later
#9785 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Folks...pinball is easy.
I can assure you, all of your wildest pinball fantasies are about to come true.

Vote for a Pedro.

#9930 3 years ago

Jesus Christ. Come in here thinking reveal or leaks must surely have been made early or something because of all the new posts and it turns out to be just all a bunch of nothing posts like this one.

#10781 3 years ago

Oh wow, 800 new posts today. Must be a great reveal to have so much activity here.
Opens thread. Fooled again.

#11261 3 years ago

I could give two craps about all this “innovation”. The only innovation I care about is interesting mechs that make the ball do something cool. I don’t see any of that under the glass.

The other thing I care about is a fun shooting game with fun and complete code. What do the invited pinball news people think of the code?

1 year later
#28985 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:You’re the financial advisor, why didn’t you realize this place was clearly a house of cards built on lies? Instead you always let your investment in a machine ride till the very end…

I knew this was a scam right around the time of quad and octo manufacturing and claims of production numbers dwarfing all other manufacturers combined. Of course, I could only hint at my skepticism here for fear of being banned or ostracized for stating the obvious. Just like zidware and skit b. Easy to sniff out early on.

#29094 2 years ago

Just looked through the whole auction lot. How many effing office chairs did Robert think they needed?
I took the Stern factory tour some years ago and they had nothing close to the type of machinery Deeproot had. Stern was most proud of their hydraulic Gottlieb Playfield pin press. How did they ever plan to use all that equipment to justify its expense? I wonder what the aggregate was spent on all those machines?

#29095 2 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

Apparently a banned Pinball podcaster who shall not be named called the auctioneer and confirmed that the games do not have software installed and don't work. It is, of course, up for debate whether he's being honest or not.

If these are the unfinished games, what happened to the game(s) that were playable at one of the reveals last year?

#29285 2 years ago

So what if Mueller spent most of his time researching the people behind these 135 policies. Maybe even becoming actively involved in their lives. Introduced them to Dr. Feelgoods, or showed them the delights of a diet high in Arby’s. Ooh, this guy has got it all planned out.

#29330 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Robert is the lowest of scum.

And yet, he maybe does a year or two at a minimum security prison then collects all his accoutrements when he gets out.

#29377 2 years ago

What’s the estimated value of these policies? Isn’t it a hell of a lot more than the $1.25 million that Tuyo offered for them? Why would the trustee not object to such a lowball offer?

1 week later
#30044 2 years ago

Deep rot made it seem like they had been working on many titles for years in development. But other than RAZA, I haven’t seen anything past the stage of someone tinkering in their basement for a couple of months with arts and crafts.
I mean seriously, did the game designers or Robert move these more finished prototypes of Food Truck, Fire and Brimstone, The Who, etc, somewhere, or is this really all they have to show for years of work?

#30045 2 years ago

And where are all these revolutionary mechs that various employees were touting? Has anyone seen any cool mechs anywhere? I mean other than the penguin stair climber.

#30085 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

That's the early Fire & Brimstone.

Where is the late Fire and Brimstone? You know, the one with working mechs that you would expect even a one man home brew operation would have had after several years of full time work on it.

#30094 2 years ago

Can you even call these whitewoods? Don’t whitewoods usually flip? Sorry, but regardless of the absolute disaster that is Blobby, I cant help but think that at some point the designers and engineers began to phone it in and just collect paychecks backed by old ladies retirement savings.

Unless someone wants to chime in with info about more complete games that are under wraps somewhere, that is.
I mean, there were 40-50 employees supposedly. What the heck did they do everyday?

#30110 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

Merlin's Arcade was a fully shoot-able playfield. It was a completed layout back in 2019. The layout shot like butter and I only needed a little mechanical engineering support to finish the lock mech.

Seems ridiculous that all the engineers were focused on reinventing the wheel with a new cabinet design and that it took so much time to figure it out. While all the designs were neglected.

Mix in spending many hundreds of thousands on equipment the size of an apartment to do tasks that wouldn’t be required until the designs were complete and ready for mass production much later on. The ultimate putting the cart before the horse business model.

#30410 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As it turns out, it’s not just “investment advisors”, there are a bunch of these “finders” that were paid an 8% “finders fee” to direct people to Bobby to make the SALE to those “investors”.
Think about this, what was going to be “conservative” and yield 7% fixed for 5 years in the current and past interest rate environment of almost nothing?
On top of that, you give the “finder” 8% and then Bobby looks to have taken another 22% from “closing the sale”.
Thus, $100 is dropped in and $70 goes to work in supposed “life policies” and “other business …”
And have to guarantee 7% return?

It’s ridiculous that the investment advisors would not have reservations about taking an 8 percent commission while guaranteeing a 7 percent return. Taking an 8 percent commission to steer unsuspecting investors seems criminal. They should reap what they sow.

As far as the insurance policies, they are probably sure things. Blobby let a bunch of them lapse. He probably looked at the least desirable policies and scuttled them. What’s left are gold mines.

#30581 2 years ago

First let me preface that the following statement is in no way based in fact but my uninformed opinion:

This whole thing reminds me of Nedry shouting in Jurassic Park in public and then saying to his co-conspirator, “see nobody cares”. They all know what’s going on here and they don’t care. As long as they all get paid.

Robert getting/got some sort of off the books kickback from Tuyo. Let all the least desirable policies lapse. Keep up payment on the 90 year olds with stage 4 cancer. They are going to make a killing.

1 month later
#31038 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:Amazing how so many Gen Xers will throw money into the bottomless pit of Zidware/Jpoop just to recapture the "lost magic" of the mid-90's when they weren't married, didn't have kids and their dick worked 100%
But by all means. Throw your money into a furnace if it tricks your ID into thinking it's 1996.

You make it sound so tempting.

Quoted from benheck:

Every $ you spend on this has-been hack is one less $ that helps the next Keith Elwin, Scott Danesi or INSERT PERSON WHO ACTUALLY MAKES FUCKING REAL GAMES HERE.

Unfortunately, I can’t get a Keith Elwin game right now. Been waiting forever for a Godzilla premium with no end in sight.

#31074 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The key thing I keep trying to hint at, & might be in play. Whether it happens or not we will see:
Things are very close & tight in Texas.

WTF does this even mean? Yeah, Texas really has its shit together.

I hate to see you losing it John, especially since you did a heck of a job restoring my sorcerer playfield at a very fair price.

1 week later
#31116 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Though I wasn't involved in the copywriting, I wouldn't disagree with your suggestion of word choice casting reputational aspersions (perhaps unintentionally).
For whatever reason, it seems a common denominator with good old blueberry. I recall Zach including "infamous" in my introduction for podcast #1.
Though none of this is of particular concern, it is mildly perplexing. Assumed I was one of the good guys when it came to the deeproot tornado clusterfuck.

Here is the best definition.

4 weeks later
#31355 1 year ago

I must be missing something here. Is there a reason why anyone would be wasting their time on these puzzle games?

#31372 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Still think his dreams will see the light somewhere. Just my opinion.

His dreams to scam people out of money or his dreams to fiddle around with foamcore instead of doing real work?

#31388 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't think anyone is trying to scam anyone in pinball.
Andrew Heighweigh
JPoop
The guy who owned deeproot who's name I already forgot.
I don't think any of these guys intentionally scammed anyone.

Sure they did. It is well documented that they all did. I think what you meant to say is that you think they did not set out to intentionally scam anyone. That is debatable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.