Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider valgalder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5388 4 years ago

Just wondering what happened to the cool back glass art? Now it's just a logo?

#5394 4 years ago

Always liked how JPop games shot, and the art direction he goes with.. now hopefully everything else will come together.

#5427 4 years ago

I also like this aspect ratio for LCD, as it's similar to the re-configured AFM, MM screens which I think work perfect for pinball. Pinball really doens't need a big ass JJP sized monitor.

#5438 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Looks like a lot of 3D printed parts. I wonder if those are final are just for the prototypes. I wonder how they would hold up in action.

Noway they can be final unless they only plan on making like a hundred games. 3d printing takes way too much time, I take it?

#6385 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That would be truly amazing if the top layer is also made out of wood with some kind of clearcoat.
If the top layer is some kind of thick plastic, then it is not entirely made out of wood.

Theme has killed almost every game from the last 5 years for me. And no, I won't pay money to play them. However, if it is free somewhere, I will play a couple balls to see how it shoots.
If a collector has only those at is place, I will not go out of my way to visit just to play them.

Doesn't sound like you actually like pinball...

10 months later
#11500 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:I see all of those as modern ways to introduce not just better functionality for a game, but most of all accessibility.
Baseball was pretty aged, over 50 years old prior to it being televised for the very first time in 1939. Television, then later cable, then online and phone accessibility only helps to provide larger groups of people the ability to enjoy and engage with the sport as a whole. Baseball hasn't really shifted much rules wise, in 130 plus years of it's existence, but the framework around it has, and in doing so has kept it modern, alive, and most importantly, in existence.

Right, and in addition, I was pretty annoyed when the Ricketts put a jumbotron at Wrigley Field that nobody asked for. The main reason I liked going to watch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field was the historic stadium. (I'm not a not a Cubs fan). Only Wrigley Field and Fenway Park still retain the feel of baseball's past, but now that is slipping away from all of these unwanted renovations to try and modernize things that don't need to be.

#11547 3 years ago

I don't have anything against the Who, however, I could really go without EVER hearing Pinball Wizard again in my life.

9 months later
#19835 2 years ago

Something like Food Truck could be interesting if they made the game actually full of good humor (like a lot of old Bally/Williams games)... but then again what was the last game that was actually funny? Seems like that's been lost long ago...and if they do try and interject comedic elements it seems awfully forced..

#19838 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You forgot to add …. “and if they actually make a game.”

Well yeah.. lets not get too crazy here..

#20277 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Don't worry guys, Robert's latest business venture is already up and running!
I hear Jpop's pulling down 125k (plus dental) to run the stand.
[quoted image]

I wish I could find local corn for $5 for 12

#20296 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

3 for a dollar at Woodman's when it's in season. Not sure how local it is, but looks & tastes farm fresh to me.
Deerpoot thread delivers! Sure, grocery tips instead of games, but that's nitpicking.

Cool. I love Woodman's! Always stop there when I go to Wisconsin to stock up on New Glarus and cheeses.

#20423 2 years ago

Kaneda is alright once in a while, and will bring up good points, but more often than not he just becomes extremely exhausting to listen to. He gets so fixated on things ad nauseam.

#20858 2 years ago

Do you think deeproot still has full time script writers on staff?

#20906 2 years ago

Lol.... okay sure.

#20937 2 years ago

If this was really about some Raza legal issue, couldn't they at least move on and produce one of the other 100 titles they apparently have finished?

1 week later
#21324 2 years ago

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but has deeproot studios ever released ANYTHING? (I'm guessing no). I see they posted about moving into some fancy office space in Utah a couple years ago, and showed screen shots of some crappy looking mobile games, but to my knowledge nothing ever got released out of all their subsidiary companies? (Was really hoping for a RAZA board game)
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#21868 2 years ago

lol, yeah totally looks legit.

#22005 2 years ago

I mean, this was from nearly a year ago.. jesus:

Edit: forgot this:

#22104 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey guys, will JPop still come to my house to finish building the game?

Lol, yeah.. like Lightning Fast VCR Repair (If you're familiar with Half in the Bag youtube series)

3 weeks later
#25291 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Deeproot is finally dead except for any assets being sold & IP.

There is no assets, and what IPs?

I try to say that JPOP will likely find another job doing pinball work. 4 failures & likely the 5th will be his final return. Do not know why that gets so much hatred here, & I feel bad for all his customers, suppliers, people that worked with him at Zidware, & those companies that thought they could move forward with him.

Why do you keep saying this over and over again? Why are you so adamant about telling us he will find another job? Do you stay up at night thinking about JPOP and what his next career move is going to be?

Until we hear more insights from those that really know anything. I will go with JPOP just being another poor designer with some games developed. Do not think he was the mastermind or in control of Robert at Deeproot Pinball. Unfortunately the Deeproot saga is not likely over for years.

I think we know more than enough already.

1 week later
#25701 2 years ago

I think there is a big difference between freeze framing on a funny / unflattering face and that natural 'something a little off' look you get with crazy eye people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider valgalder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=valgalder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.