76DAA1F9-0634-4E22-9E0C-550455F0084D.jpeg
C74675FA-D606-4372-AB58-D9DE0118DB21.jpeg
210344EF-CFD0-4FF9-B4F3-B30C3E024BE6.jpeg
787F35A7-3270-4259-929C-3AA6B35395F8.jpeg
linkedin (resized).png
7ECB18A5-D53D-4220-B1EB-21B3370BC35D (resized).jpeg
15C60BD1-0BED-4814-9815-49C75FA0F9E5 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

84 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (3 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (1 year ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (1 year ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (1 year ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddtuckey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12701 1 year ago

I have remained quiet about this company but I want to now post my thoughts. The Deeproot company was formed by a bunch of talented people that share a common love. ALL of you know that! Who would commit hours and hours and hours of energy and time with zero $$$ gratification except someone who lives moves and breathes Pinball? We all love different aspects of Pinball. I can't play for shit, but my fascination, which continues to grow, is the overall beauty of the layout, design, electronics programming pushed to it's limit at the time of design, innovation (yes, even the awful Bally Motordome had that totally unique, not done before, skill level selection), and artistic beauty of the entire package. For sixty years or more, they were built for ONE purpose--to make MONEY--that's it! No one cares about the game except how much money it made each week in that cashpan! Most of the world had no idea who designed it, or the music, programming art, etc. No one really cared!! This is why neat, fun games like Spirit, Tx Sector, Transporter, Torpedo Alley, Class of 1822, etc etc, disappeared fast because they didn't make money! But now, COLLECTORS and PINBALL ENTHUSIASTS (All of YOU) , see these machines for what they are. A work of art that you can look at, walk around and admire, and actually PLAY! AND, every time you play it, you have a different outcome! An extraordinary experience that you all have seen and felt! This is why we all week out pinball parlours and expos! We need to show support for these new fledgling companies and not ridicule them. Yes, some playful fun is expected, but there are clearly some great new ideas that DR has developed. Let's let them grow, develop and change ! And always remember, the movie A CHRISTMAS STORY was a BOMB at the box office--a disaster! But now, 35 years later......... Anyway, that is my two cents! Todd N. Tuckey

9 months later
#19959 3 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

RIP Biz.
[quoted image]

Biz bought a bunch of games from us years ago...he was a big video game lover! We delivered them to his New Jersey home. Todd

1 month later
#23890 64 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

I am famous!

#24762 60 days ago

I think the FIRST person to take money for a game not built yet was Gene Cunningham and Big Bang Bar. I remember in 1999 at the Chicago Pinball Expo we sat in his seminar where he explained what he was going to do...and a bunch of us gave him a check for $2400 deposit (half the cost, plus delivery)...it was YEARS later when he was ready to for last payment ($2400 and $300 shipping). He was building them and there were pictures. Overseas got theirs first because of the new regulations on soldered electronics being shipped overseas. What a grand day when my BBB arrived!! I understand he ended up spending $7200 a machine to build them and lost lots of $$$ on every machine, BUT he got his place in the history books. RIP to Gene! Todd Tuckey

#24883 59 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Deeproot Studios org org chart (circa ?) courtesy of Kaneda and my best guess at who already left (if anyone is even still there) based on public info:
[quoted image][quoted image]

And Scott Danesi's Total Nuclear Annilation is one of the very best pinball machines made too!

1 month later
#26532 2 days ago

The end of the new Punny Factory video mentions the "QR codes" with his pretty decent rendering of me, and the music I use in some of my videos. The QR Code references are when I actually advertised having this feature for my botched book series (courtesy of Andrew).

My feelings were that as you were reading my book, when I mentioned a game or a repair/fact/feature of it, a QR code would take you to that exact moment in a TNT video of what I was referring to! You would read, and then watch something, and go back to reading, etc. Here is some of the copy from my letter I sent to would be advertisers for the back of the book...
I wrote "There will also be pages that will contain QR Codes that will link directly to my YouTube videos about specific machines."

But Andrew did not like the idea of the QR codes at all. He nixed it even though I already told folks it would be in the book....here is his response in an email to me...

"A quick poll of our office of 12 staff, everyone said that the codes are outdated and that they would never use them and only two staff have ever used them in their life since you need an app." Andrew

Hmmmmm.....QR Codes are everywhere now...I wonder if his 12 person staff has finally downloaded the app! AND, you actually don't even NEED an app!

And I am thrilled he used my infamous saying "Kids Go NUTS for it" in the beginning of the video!

And the most amazing thing is that QR COde at the end of his video takes you to......My Channel!

Todd N. Tuckey

#26539 2 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

You should try scanning his QR code in the video and see where it goes

Can you believe that QR code goes to MY CHANNEL! Andrew still loves me!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddtuckey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside