View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thirdedition.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3084 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Exactly.
That's why people like pinball, because it's basically the same as it was 30 years ago.
For everybody else there's Lexy Lightspeed. Don't exactly see those flying into everybody's collections.
People who want "innovation" should find a new hobby. People like pinball because it's pinball.
I cannot believe how many of you are taking this ball tracking camera to replace all playfield switches idea seriously. Why are you even into pinball if "old tech" isn't good enough for you?

I see what you are saying, but this train of thought also dismisses all of the innovation that has happened.

At the end of the day, I do agree that I want the physical ball interacting with objects on the playfield, but that isn't to say there isn't room for improvement.

6 months later
#5318 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

VR has gotten so big I think that is what they are doing. It will take you 20 minutes to suit up with all the gear to play the machine and it will be so awesome.
But really, who knows, that could be happening with what I have read here with them hiring lots of talent and saying they are turning pinball into the next level.

I could see some type of augmented reality over VR. I'm not sure how much I would want that in my pinball machine, but I would certainly play it to find out.

#5324 4 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

AR pinball came out in 1999.
Revenge From Mars
Star Wars Episode I

Sure, but I'm thinking more on the scale of Pinball FX, put on glasses and things outside of the pinball machine come alive as well.

#5403 4 years ago

For those that don't like the cabinet art, per the article:

"This weekend at the Houston Arcade Expo, deeproot Pinball will be introducing their first prototype pinball machine: Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland (RAZA). There will be two RAZA prototype machines at the show to play. According to deeproot, this is not a launch and this machine will not have the final art, design, or code.

(You can find more details about the official deeproot launch below.)"

This isn't final anything, I wouldn't worry about the cabinet art yet.

Also in the article:

"We’ve tried to make the prototype cabinet familiar. And the production cabinets will be more aesthetically pleasing. " - Robert Mueller

#6380 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I'm mostly ambivalent about the Jpop fiasco, but Robert makes it insanely difficult to root for the company.

Would you say you have to dig deep to root for them?

.......I'll see myself out.

10 months later
#10228 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Did they say why the reveal was delayed? It can't be because of the prank stream, that would be ludicrous.

Deeproot hasn't said anything as far as I can tell. Everything thus far has been 2nd and 3rd party.

#10379 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

What's in the box??
Mice ? They stick like Velcro who knew.

Roaches.

#10892 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I didn't realize Deeproot took money from you.

Jpop took a lot of money from a lot of people, and Deeproot decided to hire him anyway. They wanted him, so they get him baggage and all.

Also, Deeproot can do a lot of damage to the industry even if they don't take preorder money from consumers. If they take a ton of investor money and can't produce anything it will make it that much harder for all of the other companies to secure loans and backers if times get lean.

#11299 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I only arrived on this thread 2 days ago...sorry for stupid questions.
Has anyone commented after playing?
What is the MSRP?

The only thing you'll find here is photoshop edits and wild speculation.

No prices have been announced, and no one who played it is talking about the gameplay that I have seen.

1 week later
#11994 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

On your Bally Surfers, if the glass breaks...I'm assuming you can replace it somehow?

The glass comes out of the metal frame, have to undo a few nuts and bolts. Nothing too crazy, but it takes a little bit of doing.

3 weeks later
#12936 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I pitched this to Spooky for TV license games. You'd sell DLC for modes based on seasons that aired after pin was released.
The gimmick was it'd be tied to toys. Some blank spots on PF with a connector, you buy the Toy + DLC for like $300 and plug it in. Toy has a crypto unlock for the content because guess what you've already downloaded it haha! Basically a toy as software dongle.
Charlie HATED the idea. But this is pinball. Logic doesn't apply. Stern could charge $1k for this gimmick with Walking Dead: The Complete Saga and people would break their wrists whipping out the wallet.

I'll have to add that to the list of reasons why I like Charlie....

#12956 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I can't believe I just saw this...
1958???
what *didn't* EM designers think of?

My snarky answer is ramps, but I know there are EMs with them.

Honestly it always amazes me what the EM designers were able to do.

4 months later
#16203 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Those who do not learn from history..."

They at least made and shipped a game though....

6 months later
#25259 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

As an attorney you should know that Slander is Spoken and libel is written.

I've heard a phrase before.

All hat and not cattle.

Not sure why that just popped into my head.

#25395 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

OMG, the stories I could tell.
But Diehard were never passing themselves off as journalists anyway. They were always enthusiasts, and often very entertaining. EGM especially was trying to wear the game journalism badge while allowing journalism corruption all the time, sometimes blatantly.

Jeff Gerstmann is still a threat is all I have to say.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thirdedition.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=thirdedition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.