View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thepinballco-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13657 3 years ago

To ask for $5000 and then an extra $500 per year sub fee is scaring tons of people away. This would not only drain your wallets, but you'd have to be confident enough that the business would still be around, AND that the game would constantly be updated. If the last 7 years are any indication, they didn't build this type of reputation to be able to do something like this.

If base RAZA was sold for $5500 w/ no subscriptions fees, I think deeproot would sell far more units, and they'd make the same amount of money per game anyway.

There's no way I'm buying one with a subscription.
I'd be very interested otherwise.

1 week later
#13908 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

On the pro side:
Pinbar: good innovation
Design is great
Glass on pistons
Looks polished
The backglass and lighten cabinet
Cons:
The gameplay is so so
Not a lot of lightning effects
The animations (i thought it was their strength)
The stop and go with the pinbar
The backbox screen is too small
The lack of modes shown: they need to focus more their communication with the actual game and not only with everything else.
Not a bad first attempt. I reserve my judgment with more videos. My wallet is safe for now and yes, they still need to prove they can build attractive games.
If you put an Alien and a RAZA side by side, I think most will go to play the Alien... it needs more polish.
Congratulations to DR anyway. It’s still a decent first shot and yes pinball is hard.

Pro: NIB game that's under 6k

I do wonder about the $600 support fee..... what the heck is that? What does it cover?

#13967 3 years ago

Unpopular opinion: I wanna buy this game. Just analyzing the game itself, I love the features it has, and the value per $ spent. If Stern came out with this game and 5900 starting price point, I think it would be an instant best seller. Part of me wants this to be a success because of all the added features it has for the price advertised, maybe forcing Stern to match? If deeproot has success here, maybe they will continue to crank out more titles at a similar price point.

However, deeproot hasn't been up front and honest the entire time as far as I can tell. I don't know the history of this company as well as others, but this is the feeling I get reading these comments. They have people in their business model who we can't trust based on historical events. I've seen the words "crook" and "thief" a few times. Not good.

So I'm pretty torn. Do I put $600 down on an Ae and just "wait and see"?
If I'm out $600 I won't cry over it, and I'll get what I think is a sweet game in return... or will it be?
Will I have to pay extra for code updates?
Will the game not ship for a calendar year or longer?
Am I going to be hated for "supporting" this company by buying their product?

Torn....

#14008 3 years ago

I wish deeproot had 50 RAZAs (25 of each model) boxed and ready to go. Send it out, show people you are serious, and let the feedback come in so the next set can be slightly improved.

I'd be more inclined to trust and purchase said games if I knew units were being made. I have more confidence in TBL reaching my door than I do RAZA right now.

7 months later
#19654 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

For example what DR spent bailing out Zidware was more than Stern paid to license Star Wars.

omg...

2 weeks later
#20863 2 years ago

Listening to RM, all I heard was lofty goals, failed promises, and false bravado.

No humility or undersell/over-delivery, which goes a long way. He literally did the opposite of what I was hoping to hear.

I really wanted deeproot to succeed. I knew nothing of RM before the quotes on Kaneda, but now that I've heard him speak and am able to assess and gauge the man based on these clips, I really don't think dr will go anywhere. It's hard to work for a guy like that. I would assume it's a nightmare.

A deeproot failure is a blow to the pinball community imo. More success is good for all of us. Such a shame.

#21036 2 years ago

RM: "Here's an update as to why I haven't given you an update."

This could have easily been sent out weeks ago. What's the point of waiting to say this? Avoiding the inevitable backlash I assume. So instead of having an update about "no progress has been made", RM chooses "here's a late update about no progress being made", thus compounding the issue.

More Failed Promises.
Late Update Littered With Excuses.
No Timeline On Production.

I feel like the only thing that could save RM is to show humility. "I was wrong, pinball IS hard. Here are a list of hurdles I've yet to overcome *makes list*. I don't have a timeline but I will post pics of progress to keep you in the loop." It'd be like hitting the reset button and getting some people back on your side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thepinballco-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=thepinballco-op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.