• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider switch3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12679 3 years ago

So do you think Robert will start production of machines without the hammerproof clearcoat? Isn't this maybe the main reason nothing is being produced yet? Wasn't it said that the invited guests brought attention to the orange peel resembling clearcoat? deeproot realized it's not good enough yet. Will it ever be?When is Robert ready to abandon the hammerproof clearcoat idea?
They have been talking about the hammerproof non dimpling playfields for so long, but they still haven't worked out the formula. I'm absolutely no expert, but by the looks of it I don't think it's very likely they will invent the clearcoat formula any time soon, if they've been working on it for this long without succeeding. If it was easy, deeproot or someone else would have invented it already. What are they doing now? Watching the lab guy experiment on clearcoat formulas every day while the rest gather around and cross their fingers this time is gonna be it? How long can they wait?

2 months later
#14298 3 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

As someone who only owns one machine (that's 26 years old) I'm not in the market for a NIB machine and not likely to be a DR customer. That said, I think DR have created an incredible platform, of course there's been a little bit of wheel re-inventing, but other bits look great. As a fan of 90s pinball machines I particularly like the widescreen DMD-like screen as opposed to the large ones that appear on Stern and JJP pins.
I think the thing for me that makes DR so interesting as a new manufacturer is NOT things like the PinBar, or the playfield lifting mech or the wraparound headbox etc. it's that the "game" is still the same across the three models. Whether you buy the basic Arcade edition or go for the Xtra X edition with all the bells & whistles... the actual ball-game experience is the same. Of course you get better "toys" or different "mechs", rumble motors and anti-glare glass but they don't directly interact with the ball so in theory they should play the same. In the podcast Mueller mentioned that while the Goonies XE has a unique centrepiece mech it doesn't actually interact with the ball so the gameplay should still be the same. This is a stark contrast to Stern in which the Pro often plays vastly different to the Prem/LE editions. This can result in a broken or disappointing experience, when you play a JP3 Pro isn't it immensely disappointing that Rexy doesn't munch that ball?
My only disappointment at the moment (other than the theme which doesn't really do too much for me, I'd be more into Goonies) is the base price. Yes, you get a lot of "bang for your buck" with the basic model but I was truly hoping the starting price would rival sterns "The Pin" series of home models. I thought that by bringing a base model to around $4,500 would really cement deeproot as the "go to" pinball manufacturer for home arcades. It would also force Stern to up their game as well. I like the options to bolt on the bits you like from the Xtra without having to invest in the whole hog, I just wish it started at $1000 less.

If I understand correctly, on the Xtra you have the Ned-toy that moves from side to side like the goalie in world cup soccer, and on the Arcade edition this toy is stationary.

#14327 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You don't (and it would drastically change the game).
You have a target beneath the Ned toy.
The Target moves, side to side, on both Versions.
The Ned Toy ABOVE, shakes when you hit the target, on the Xtra Edition.

Aha ok thanks for clearing up!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider switch3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=switch3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.