Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevevt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1915 5 years ago

Obviously, they're delaying their launch because they're finding pinball manufacturing too easy.

TWIP: You have said in the past that “Pinball is Easy” – do you still believe that?
RM: I’ve been very clear. Pinball is Easy because there are no excuses for failing to deliver value, quality, and quantity. But everything that goes into making pinball is definitely (not for the faint of heart) complex.

I don't feel like this was the very clear meaning behind "Pinball is Easy". Maybe it's just me.

4 months later
#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It's really odd they haven't made some kind of announcement/tease. With BK3 and WONKA released you would think they would try and prevent some of those sales with some kind of announcement before people make financial commitments. Silence does them no good.

When exactly are there not new pinball machines getting to the market?

1 month later
#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Haha. Not stupid. If we don’t make Dec 31 and you have to pay up I’ll cover you Send me a bill.

Thank you for the write-up.

Actually Jeff and I had a great time playing RAZA and a few other games the other day. Can’t play games that haven’t been built, now can we? And no, I spend as little time as possible reading anything on this forum. Let alone taking it or anything posted seriously.

My Utah creatives are pretty amazing right?

We needed to make an announcement regarding Zidware. Only made sense to address launch expectations. Don’t worry, but for the drama around Jpopalicious I would have rathered that no one knew that deeproot had anything to do with pinball.

You mean like a GB that won’t turn on half the time, the two brand new premium Batman 66’s I bought that are already more dimpled than the moon and with broken mechs already, a Hobbit that’s been dead for months, a Dialed In with constant sound and rebooting problems, and a TNA with so many problems that it has kept my eningeers from engineering on deeproot stuff? Playing and maintaining a deeproot game is pretty refreshing for me thus far...
— Robert dT

I want to root for you, but you are making it difficult.

1 month later
#4239 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quick, how many Heighway owners ever did this even once?

Zero, because that's how many conversion kits they shipped?

3 months later
#6507 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Not that this wasn't a dead-end conversation to begin with, but after listening to the Kaneda interview, it's clear that "value" doesn't mean "value priced". Am I mis-remembering the "Ferrari for a Kia's price" line of talk from Robert?

If you ask someone about price and their response is to talk about value, you should not expect that it will be cheap.

10 months later
#12751 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You don't work very hard when the money's already in the bank, especially if you're a lazy hack has-been who gets all their ideas from EMs.

Now you're operating an overpowered tanning bed without a license.

1 month later
#13882 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:I thought the starting price was lower than 5899. And they want full payment when ordering.

Only if you want to be first in line to receive your game. You can also pay a 10% non-refundable deposit and get placed at the back of the line.

#14062 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

overview of their planned production process

If you aren't under NDA, please share this info with the class.

#14694 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How do you read the screen of any other pinball machine when the playfield is raised? There is still a backbox LCD.

Are we sure that diagnostic info will be on the backbox LCD and not just the PinBar? That's the question.

EDIT: I guess the only menu controls are on the PinBar, so I really think this question is valid.

2 months later
#16219 3 years ago

Anyone want to report the number of cars in DR's parking lot? Note that clown cars count for 20 employees per the Dept of Labor.

2 weeks later
#16877 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Either people get their RAZA or John is exiled forever and stops destroying wealth in this hobby.

It can't be both?

I think either, both, and neither are all on the table.

2 weeks later
#17344 3 years ago

There is no need for extra machines. If you ordered a PinPod, damage is not possible (except when you need to get through a doorway). If you didn't order a PinPod, you should have ordered a PinPod (unless you need to get it through a doorway).

1 month later
#18256 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Going back and reading some of the early DR interviews is almost cringe-worthy from how the whole thing has gone down.

Quoted from russdx:

...almost cringe-worthy...

You appear to have a high cringe threshold.

1 week later
#18449 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's when I realized what their exit plan was. As long as the game was "decent" they'd easily sell 160 even if half the OG buyers dropped out.
But THEY DON'T WANT TO MAKE IT. It's far cheaper to just give up. Hence the "floating" sales goal which is already too low to even bother. Just a few refunds and they've got their excuse.

Occam's RAZA?

#18695 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

His other big money hole was trying to start a local pro soccer club.

Pics of the goalbar?

1 month later
#19819 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Could a Deeproot + Pinball Adventures merger be in the works??

Pinball Dunning meets pinball Kruger.

#19891 2 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Hey, it's past noon in texas right now. Don't see any pics yet.....

You can't picture an empty parking lot?

Quoted from iceman44:

News flash, not a single car in the parking lot on this Friday afternoon. All buttoned up.

1 week later
#20602 2 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Did Dennis Nordman really say that?
I’m paraphrasing, ‘how amazing it is at Deeproot compared to the Bally Williams days’

Pretty sure he said "Williams Bally."

3 weeks later
#22572 2 years ago

Slim indeed.

3x09_S.O.B.s_%2805%29 (resized).png3x09_S.O.B.s_%2805%29 (resized).png
#22702 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ned is a perfectly good sculpt. Why do they keep noodling on it?

Noodler's gonna noodle.

[/\ Also not a bad name for a Food Truck mini wizard mode. /\]

#23849 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Bout to see how good my credit card company is... This should be interesting.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If they can bail you out of this mess, I'd say they are pretty good.

Make sure you don't mention that you were offered a refund that you declined.

#23939 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hey now, the carwash is actually open with a 4.4 rating and 154 reviews.

I think Robert just helped pay for it, not run it. That's why it's still in business...

Regardless, I'm picturing Robert giving his name top billing on the street sign, ahead of "CAR WASH".

#24778 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can't wait to hear the insider stories of how it changed from a Fantasy Factory to a nightmare. That must have been quite a ride.

Spoiler alert: It was never a factory of any kind.

#25002 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Many people mentioned that just because he's not actively stealing from us - YET - it doesn't mean he's not stealing money. The cultists didn't care. And then when he DID ask for money? Hey they didn't care either.

The vanishingly small number of preorder deposits deeproot received doesn't match this "many people supported him" narrative.

#25005 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just the cultists.
The hardcores who never lost faith.
Have we decided what that number was? About 100?

120 (?)
minus the 30 (?) rumored RM preorders
minus the X Zidware buyers who were being made whole

So, around 50 units preordered with maybe 30 buyers total?

I'm spitballing here, and am happy to revise my numbers.

1 month later
#26260 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

FYI, swearing is not against the forum rules.

Are there any rules against being a serial swear-based crusading down-voter? Asking for a friend.

1 month later
#26904 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Robert never even offered for employees to buy into the funds as far as I know. I never heard him offer or ask if we had friends or relatives interested. Definitely zero pressure. Not sure why he didn’t try. Maybe he assumed we didn’t have enough money.

Did deeproot sell funds to non-accredited investors?

Also, I assume Robert realized that exposing his pinball employees to the details of how the investors' cash was supposed to invested was a terrible PinIdea™.

#26981 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

DO NOT TURN ON or Flip Game!

> SKULL ELECTRICITITY<

Check with M____ prior to
energizing or testing game
Management

Amazingly well done, but I have a different interpretation:

Employees must wash
hands before returning
to Ponzi scheme.

3 months later
#28354 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Ahh! The toaster is on! Somebody get over there!

I assume they had two of these toasters for octo toasting. Quad toasting is for losers.

3 weeks later
#29523 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Hey all, I'm working on a Jpop episode for Silverball Chronicles: A Pinball History Podcast on TPN (www.silverballchronicles.com)
I'm always looking for primary source when referencing quotes, a persons frame of mind etc... when doing my research. There was an old Coast 2 Coast Pinball episode (Episode 197 "An Evening With John Popadiuk") from Sep 26, 2015. This podcast was removed from the internet sometime around the Zidware Law suit/Deeproot take over I think. I can't find a copy of it meddling around online...
Does anyone around here have a copy of this podcast I can have?

Meddle better?

https://web.archive.org/web/20150929202527/http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-197-an-evening-with-john-popadiuk_59362

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevevt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=stevevt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.