Topic Stats

• 10,875 posts - Hot topic!
  • 766 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 minutes ago by master_of_chaos
  • Topic is favorited by 230 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 899 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

953A8693-0CD1-48AC-B40B-A1A2B02567A3 (resized).jpeg
2952E8DC-4F9D-4D1C-8C4D-8F267C08D200 (resized).jpeg
original (resized).jpeg
fishtank (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
E3183351-AE55-4E81-9724-A0C4341DA536 (resized).png
F2315FE0-8FAB-4780-952A-E1459EA9616D (resized).png
0A07DC54-2F41-4116-BC93-6CADA00F9825 (resized).jpeg
F423E550-F891-4803-B0D8-CBF2D4E7307A (resized).png
deeproot_r0.1 (resized).jpg
deep_center (resized).png
images (resized).jpeg
F01E5EFB-3AFC-42A4-AAD9-C95EB837A7C4 (resized).png
4F8E6CF4-A9D4-4EC6-93D1-EA645FBE6C6D (resized).png
3EAB41F5-A24E-4771-A0C4-1130E5A13953 (resized).jpeg
CAD68602-3E66-4731-B89B-3982D0FE896E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (10 months ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (10 months ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (10 months ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (10 months ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (10 months ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (10 months ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (10 months ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2889 1 year ago

I think a screen in the back of the playfield could work well but only in conjunction with a screen in the back box , when playing multiball especially 5 or 6 balls I only look at the bottom third of the Playfield the screen would not be much help . At the moment I think J J P do LCD screens the best

3 weeks later
#3413 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

a winning powerball ticket from a couple years ago only to find out they become invalid after 365 days!!

What a rip ! I like our system better , your ticket is always valid , you don't pay tax on your winnings you only pay tax when you buy your ticket , your identity stays private if you want and you get the whole amount at once .

1 month later
#3940 1 year ago

" Talk Is Cheap " that's just my legal opinion

1 month later
#4554 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Liked Sledgehammer but of all 80's ish Shows I'd pick Knight Rider.

If this thread has turned into 80s TV shows we liked while we're waiting for DR info , we never got Sledgehammer over here but I used to love Night Court and Greatest American Hero

1 month later
#4983 12 months ago

I like fish and chips

#4992 12 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

..."unprecedented 10 year warranty on PF wear and tear (which includes dimples)..."

If that's the case my guess is they won't be made out of plywood . ( or have a Playfield protector )

1 month later
#5267 10 months ago

After all this time why would they show a partially done game , wait till it's finished and ready to go , too " blow us away " .

#5291 10 months ago

Love this thread . Going to be so boring once they actually release a pin .

#5294 10 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I want the whole pinball machine to “hover” off the ground.
“No Legs.” Self leveling.
No exceptions Deeproot.

If it doesn't hover I'll be so disappointed .

#5325 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I feel they have to show “something” but yeah it’s a head scratcher as to why they don’t have one complete game yet

When jjp revealed Potc the hype meter went through the roof , when it finally shipped around a year later all the hype had evaporated . Looks like DR might be making the same mistake .

#5328 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

And that was AFTER JJP had delivered three machines and had developed a good track record. Deeproot has shipped nothing at all.

If they come up with something as good as those three I'd be happy

#5331 10 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry,
I do not consider a CRT wedged into the back of a pinball cabinet AR
AR is a lot Deeper than 99 Tech

Depends on what you're smoking

#5393 10 months ago

This thread

IMG_20191115_005015 (resized).jpg
#5395 10 months ago

Looks good but I don't think Stern or JJP are shaking their boots - yet .

#5404 10 months ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

They will if deeproot Pinball can shock and awe with pricing.

Price doesn't make a better game . Is a $12000 + Yellow Brick Road WOZ a better game $5000 Walking Dead Pro ?

#5683 10 months ago

I just watched the available videos on it and it looks " ok " . Glad to see any company making new pins . I didn't see any knock your socks off wow Factor . Where's the best animations we have seen in Pinball . It doesn't even come close to JJP's first release WOZ , that was a game-changer . After what I saw , I would get so many other current titles before I would consider this one . I would give them ALOT more slack if they had'nt repeatedly boasted how they were going to blow the competition away .

#5684 10 months ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Congrats to TWIP for this scoop. I like what I see and read so far.

I hope you're not going to transcribe any of his interviews for your website

#5695 10 months ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I think the large lcd's look out of place on new games. I like the look of this screen mire than those. Some of the best pins have a dmd dor cryin out loud. Don't understand why so many people seem hung up on the screen. Look's like it's proportions suit a pinball machine more than what other's are currently offering.

The screen looks alright and will probably work well for this game but if down the road they get movie titles I don't think it will work so well , a big translate is good when is turned off but I want it to be awesome when it's turned on . I don't get why people have such a hard time looking up , you have so many opportunities to look up , when you shoot an orbit, shoot a ramp , lock a ball , ect . Most of the time the call outs tell you what to do anyway .

#5699 10 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

End of June is only a few months ...

The end of June is over 7 months away

#5705 10 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Yes. Quite. Only a few months.

Over here a few months means around 3 months but I'm not surprised in Amsterdam it could mean almost anything

#5716 10 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

A few typically refers to more than 2 and less than 10. Everywhere. Also, given that this game has been worked on for nearly a decade already, this isn't a lot of time.

Just mucking around mate , don't take me seriously , I don't .

#5719 10 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

"Handful" = 5

Unless they're two big ones

#5726 10 months ago
Quoted from dannunz:

So is Pintastic

Wish I could be there

#5860 10 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Come on, that's very, very low...

Not as low as Deep Root's low low prices .

#5877 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Peoples opinions differ. I do not think copy/pasting movie videos on a pinball machine is ground breaking or necessary by any stretch of the imagination...in fact I think it lacks imagination. Telling people to look away from the ball??? No. Just no.

Just my opinion but if they're doing a pin based on a movie or TV series I want to see clips from the movie or TV show . To me a great pinball is a whole audio-visual , physical package . If the Hobbit and Batman didn't have such well-integrated video clips they wouldn't be rated as high as they are . If pinball is just hitting a ball with flippers , why bother with any dmd , TV screen , why bother having a shaking motor or RGB lighting or a integrated topper or a shaker motor all these things add up to a better Pinball experience .

#5896 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I rekon the "video scenes" will do just fine placed on the centre third of their display in the correct aspect ratio. The display is both tall enough, and hi res enough, to well provide all that is ever needed for pinball movie cut scenes. Well for me at least anyway.
There are fantastic games with displays that use a mere 4096 orange shaded dots, and far smaller display size... which have amazing entertaining display animations/scenes.
If hobbit is only good because of the 27" movie on the backbox, then I guess it mustn't be a very good pinball game? ... or maybe could go to the movies?
Thank you DR for having a decent size backglass area!!!

The Hobbit is a fantastic game with 31 modes which are all very different and unique , the videos are just the iceing on the cake . I can't believe anyone would argue well done video clips take away from the experience and not add to it . Lord of the Rings is a great game but tell me it wouldn't be more attractive with clips from the movie instead of orange dots trying to replicate clips from the movie .

#5901 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Personal preferences I guess. I'm not interested in paying the extra, when that doesn't really add anything for me. Stern sized screen is the max useful, for myself. As I described, I'd much prefer a decent backglass and a good pinball game.
I thought you said hobbit wouldn't rate as high without the video? .... does that mean it has to take up the whole backbox for that? or is 17" okay?
Plenty of games with comparatively small displays rate even higher.?

Each to their own but I really enjoy the large video clips . Apparently I'm one of the few people who can look up while playing a game . When you're paying thousands of dollars for the machine I don't think the size of the screen makes much difference to the price . A good back glass is cool when it's turned off but I'd rather the space being used for stuff while it's turned on . The bigger screen does add more wow Factor .

#5910 10 months ago

I love how some people blame normal people , average players for making the game look crap , if it takes someone like Keith Elwin to make the game look good then they're pushing s*** uphill . I'm not saying it's a bad shooting game but just don't judge it on how some people play it .

#6145 10 months ago

Good on Robert for making a pin and putting his money ( and investors ) where his mouth is . With all Deep Root's talented people , time , and resources it's a bit underwhelming from the videos and pictures I've seen , the pin looks " ok " . With all their talk and the high expectations they built up , I was expecting a pin with the wow factor of WOZ , the toys of jjp POTC , the modes and clips of TH , the humour of MM , the shots of stern JP , The Art Of The Munsters and the theme of GOTG. Hopefully one day a company will get all these in the 1 pin .

#6225 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

$2-3 grand and print a machine's worth of high-res 3D parts that look nice

Quoted from razorsedge:

I suspect he was going for, and trying to Emphasise "Cheap/sub standard"... like as a Goal! .... deliberately making things as cheap and crappy as posible

If they couldn't be bothered putting new Flipper rubbers on for it's maiden reveal why would they bother with anything else .
If they were trying to make it look as cheap and crappy as possible they succeeded .

#6226 10 months ago

Why wouldn't they do a short promo video highlighting it's features like Zack did for Wonka and have Steve Bowen there demonstrating it and explaining the rules , it would have gone a long way to improving people's first impressions . Presentation is everything .

#6228 10 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

the fact that resin printers "can" take much longer to print (not ideal during crunch time),

Longer than a couple of years ?

#6230 10 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Wait a minute!!!! The RAZA game in the video was a prototype????? Oh man, how could I have been so foolish??? It makes total sense now, they probably left out like 50% of the game on that prototype, so they could test it at a later date. I would like to take this time to take back every negative thing I have ever said about JJP. I had no idea the RAZA shown was a prototype??

Apparently it is a prototype , once it's in the new cabinet has new art and the ball makes it up the ramp it's going to be the best pin ever

#6488 10 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

THE FLIPPER POWER WAS PURPOSELY DIALED DOWN!! THE FLIPPER STRENGTH WAS TURNED DOWN!!

Well - that turned out to be a load of crap

#6489 10 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Screw Bonanza I was hoping for Gunsmoke.

If this is turning into what old western tv theme pin you want , my vote will go for The Cisco Kid

IMG_20191121_233227 (resized).jpg
#6493 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Of the 62,000 registered Pinsiders I believe the number of “regulars” is a very small percentage

I was looking at pinside for years , to see information and reviews , until I saw something I had to respond to . So I paid my $5 and joined up . 99.9% of the population wouldn't know deeproot exists unless they're really into pinball and if they are , they would be on pinside . I don't do Facebook or Instagram or any other social media but I love pinside , whether you agree or disagree it's always fun to have a debate and to hear other people's opinions .

#6495 10 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I meant to post that as well when you first wrote, he meant "hack job" as in hacked together. In the interview he went in detail and discussed 2D and 3D art on screen and playfield. But of course Pinside rather have you upset, hoping for more drama.

I disagree . After listening to the interview , I thought he was putting down " Z Y " but then realised what he had said and tried to backtrack .

#6498 10 months ago

Robert said the best thing he has done is leave the " sewer " of pinside and that must include all the people that gave him positive feedback , you can tell from his responses that he obviousy does still read this thread .

#6583 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

the pitchforks will be flying thick and fast!! lol

IMG_20191122_153501 (resized).jpg
#6587 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Just to dig up some older pics re. Deeproot, here is an Aussie (who some may know) sporting "unofficial" DR apparel of his own design... but the meaning may have been a little lost on any other than Aussies....
[quoted image]
Takes on an even more wonderous tone when simultaneously viewing the old DR logo!
*don't look too closely at the pictographs!

Deeproot definitely means something different over here

#6653 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll PayPal $2 to anybody who actually read all of that.
Honor system!!!

I did but I'm just putting off mowing the lawn .

#6705 10 months ago

I thought this thread was going to be boring once a pin was actually released , but boy how wrong was I . From Ice Cream robots to lessons in economics this thread has it all

#6777 9 months ago

If they've designed it so you can only hit the ramp with the ball in Motion that's alright it's a little bit different and more challenging . Some people will like it , some won't . No one ever said you have to like every game . This game doesn't have the " buy me now " factor for me but hopefully future ones will .

#6780 9 months ago
Quoted from clempo:

I think people complain because the ramp cannot be made from a trap AND there is nothing to reliably feed the inlane to shoot it in motion.

But isn't that the whole point of what they're trying to do , to make it hard to hit , I'm not saying that I would do it that way but it's what they want to do . Maybe in home environment you can pump up the Flipper strength to make it doable but they don't want it that way .

#6796 9 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

THE FLIPPER POWER WAS TURNED DOWN. Not sure how many times it needs to be repeated.

Robert clearly said the Flipper power wasn't turn down . Having an opinion is one thing but stating that opinion as FACT is another .

#6820 9 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

JJP still hasn’t figured out how to make snappy flippers. And until they figure out how to make stern like snappy flippers, they will never compete with Stern.

I don't have a problem with either . JJP's feel more solid but I put that down to the weight of the machine .

3 months later
#7842 6 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Will the Deeproot reveal and/ or TPF be cancelled due to Corona?

This is how you'll have to play the pins at TPF.

IMG_20200310_204251 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#8611 3 months ago

They were going to show at tpf , I don't know why they don't show something now before people commit to Turtles and Hot Wheels

2 weeks later
#8722 81 days ago

Deep root was going to show at TPF, they had a couple of prototypes out there , so they do have something . My guess is they are waiting to announce something until they are ready to ship . So they can keep their promise of , you can have it in 2 weeks . Or maybe Robert is just going to chuck it in and write it off as learning experience . But I doubt that .

#8723 81 days ago

I do find it amazing Deep root has so many experienced pinball people , millions of dollars and after a few years they still don't have anything you can buy .
Meanwhile - Damian at Haggis who knew nothing about pinball three years ago , has pretty much single-handedly built a quality game which is really fun . I would not have chosen the theme and I like a modern playfield with ramps but for a first time effort I would give him an A . It really is a quality , fun playing game .

1 week later
#8781 68 days ago

I've made my mind up . If there's nothing available , I'm not going to buy anything

1 week later
#8805 58 days ago

The two raza prototypes just might end up being the most expensive pinballs ever made , 15 million dollars plus , each

#8809 58 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm a product designer, and you better bet management doesn't care there's a panademic right now. If you use the covid excuse in a meeting for not keeping your projects on time, you'll get all the stories about layoffs and paycuts at other companies, and you should thank your lucky stars our company is doing well. I work 4 days a week from home and one in the office, but if I need to get sh*t done, you better believe they expect me to go into the office with mask on and get it done.

I can only speak for my company but we receive parts and products from all over the world and there's only been slight delays . Maybe labour is their problem ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Apparel - Unisex
Silverball Swag
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 99.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
B & K Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.95
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 28.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 6,300.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside