View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1655 5 years ago

It's funny seeing all of these old 80's titles brought forth. Doubt most of these obscure movies, that I enjoyed growing up would connect with people today. However, I'll play the game. If I could choose one cult classic 80's film pin to be made it would be:

MV5BMWY3ODZlOGMtNzJmOS00ZTNjLWI3ZWEtZTJhZTk5NDZjYWRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,645,1000_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMWY3ODZlOGMtNzJmOS00ZTNjLWI3ZWEtZTJhZTk5NDZjYWRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,645,1000_AL_ (resized).jpg

1 week later
2 years later
#12996 3 years ago

It took a long time, but I finally caught up to this sh#t show. It's hard to comprehend what is going on until I read the post about all the investing funds DR has. I wonder how many investors have their money in this make work project without knowing. This has all of the appearnce of a shell company.

#13029 3 years ago

Talking of startups and such. We need an Elon Musk Cyber Truck reveal. Oops, it happened, but the camera wasn't rolling.

3 weeks later
#13345 3 years ago

I'm about 4 pages behind on reading, but I just finished watching Problem Child 2 with the family and they had a pin in the background. It caught my eye because it looked like JPOPS new backbox design. Check this out:

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 9.19.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-21 at 9.19.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-21 at 9.20.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-21 at 9.20.48 PM (resized).png

5 months later
#18560 2 years ago

Is UL certification even needed? I always thought it was optional, but would any of the buyer's have passed if they didn't even try for UL?

#18566 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Absolutely 100% optional. Also known as a DR smokescreen.

Yes, thought so, what about the Europe one? I believe I read that one was mandatory in one of the DR letters. Is that a farse?

3 months later
#24658 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Ben your nightmare will likely continue along with others that want JPOP to go away. Like I have said he will likely find a new home & drive you crazy! JPOP will need tight supervision, & monitoring for goal milestones going forward. He will be part of a team, & definitely Not A Leader towards pinball production. If anything is wrangled out of Deeproot liquidation, it may or may not be used. The new company will have investors that Know The Risks of investing in a new pinball manufacturing business. No one is going to come out & think they are going to be a major player. I continue to state the new players are looking to start similar to the first days of Spooky to where they are now. There are going to be more players in the marketplace in 2022. Greed will lead to this with prices going up way above the BOM. There is lots of room for a number of companies with fresh ideas.
The new Stern idea of promoting location play with rewards will lead others to do the same. Time to move ahead with more stuff & innovations.

I sort of felt sorry for you earlier that you thought you were abused (you weren't), but man I'm dumfounded about your continued JPOP comments. It's like a for sale ad of an over priced game where the seller keeps commenting without a clue. It's good enterainment though.

#24663 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Pretty sure this guy is related to xxBlackKnightxx

No way, that guy had a real distinct style that I bet would be hard for him to modify. Really long posts that could give Johnny a run for his money. xxBlackKnightxx never claimed abuse either that I can recall. He seemed thicker skinned.

#24675 2 years ago

If RM would have promised some tennis balls these two would have been all in.

IMG_20210725_223359968 (resized).jpgIMG_20210725_223359968 (resized).jpgIMG_20210706_190426035 (resized).jpgIMG_20210706_190426035 (resized).jpg

Edit: They also would have given in with a promise of used kitty litter.

#24684 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Let's add more nonsense to this thread.
[quoted image]

Is that supposed to be Bill Clinton?

#25262 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Sept. 1, 2021 I will be filing my personal & corporate bankruptcy here in Canada. I have about $5 cash until my meager monthly pension check rolls in. Retired from my 6 day a week City job of almost 25 years (NOV. 1 2020). So I receive just over $22k US a year now to support my wife & me. Both of us love to drink a good amount of beer.
I am not the worlds #1 troll here for speaking about JPOP. That guy WILL likely find a job again. He has already done this 4 times since leaving WMS. His games are all right & I enjoy playing them. Along with all the many other pinball machines. No matter what I have to say there is way more experts that seem to know everything & seem to think they are always right! Spoke about Deeproot Pinball enough here. Not the employees fault, & all of Roberts failures. I have no pinball machines now or any personal assets (no car, home, vacation home, & when we do move from my almost poverty apartment everything will go into the dumpster).
It is not very nice to have people threaten your employment & business, personal insults daily here along with joke pictures. I do not do drugs, not insane, etc. Same with the mob lately trying to have me banned here. Got enough abuse from the RGP days.
For those that bought my products in the past 15 years, & the last few still waiting on Seawitch prepaid playfields Thank You! My business this year went into the shitter with Covid & a number of guys wanting color corrections for Star Gazer & Seawitch. When I sold my business to a new group they are obliged to see that the remaining prepaid Seawitch guys get a corrected version. All my contractors & vendors were made whole.
The picture put up from me speaking at Pintastic Show. I speak at many shows & people in the industry know who I am. I have donated stuff over the years to shows, & continue to offer advice to those that ask. So to those people trying to ruin my personal reputation think about that. I try not to insult people & wish them the best. Pinball Is Hard!

As somone that is retired/waiting on modest retirement money you should be the most mad here. RM working with JPOP robbed people of their retirement. You had $22K a year, but others will have nothing. Why do you keep defending JPOP?

3 months later
#27589 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also UL certifications. And website security and user privacy. And how to rebrand someone else's product as your own.
Personally, I also brushed off the cobwebs for GIMP to make memes.
[quoted image]

I've read this thread from the beginning and have kept up. Can I get my Deeproot Associates degree?

1 week later
#27779 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Lot of similarities between Theranos and deeproot... Promising the impossible. A CEO who promises advanced tech but can't change a lightbulb. Threatening everyone with lawsuits. The bullshit "secret sauce" hidden behind closed doors because "trade secrets"
At least Robert didn't have a fake voice.

What's up with the fake voice comment? I watched the Theranos documentary and she did have a deep voice. That wasn't her actual voice?

#27796 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Compare her "low" speaking voice here:
With this part in the same interview:

Ok, got to admit that I can't tell a $10 wine from a $30 wine (yeah, never had chance at anything higher). Both sound and taste the same to me. Hope her and RM do jail.

#27797 2 years ago

This post should probably go in the confesional thread, but it's more appropriate here.

I had a f'd dream two nights ago where my mom, who if you read a thread of mine earlier this year knows she left my step-dad for a love interest, and would possibly understand my weird dream. I have lucid dreams where things seam really real. I even came up for a formula for my Master's Degree thesis forced through a dream. Any way.

My dream was my mom was marrying Robert Mueller. Myself, my sister, and my step-siblings all got a demand letter to meet RM and my mom. We were all instructed to wear formal dress and had no idea what was going on. Instead of a wedding we all had to sign non-discloser documents. I was forced to talk to him and inspect the new house that was a mansion in disrepair. I then woke up to take a piss and thought, what a f'd up dream.

I'm not making this up.

#27817 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Do you remember the convo with rm?

Maybe a bit when I first woke up, but the whole thing is faded now. It wouldn't make a key post or be usable in a lawsuit anyway.

2 months later
#29431 2 years ago
Quoted from DOOOMTRAIN:

It is silly, and the theme gets a lot of crap, and honestly I wasn’t super thrilled about working on it at first, but it really grew on me. I think Barry’s layout, Steve’s rules, and the art were awesome. I was really excited for people to see it completed, cuz I thought it turned out super cool. It’s a shame it all went the way it did, and it’ll never see the light.
Whoever gets that Food Truck playfield/cab lot, send it my way! I’d love to finish that bad boi up.

I agree, it's like a bad idea that when repeated over and over becomes a good idea. Disagree about the art though.

#29486 2 years ago
Quoted from DOOOMTRAIN:

I don’t think it’s a bad idea, honestly. It’s just not exciting when you first hear it. I was much more excited about working on Merlin’s because that meant designing knights, castles, and medieval stuff that sounds really dramatic. But that’s kinda what I grew to love about Food Truck. It’s a quirky, silly theme that’s not trying to be flashy, or super badass.
The thing is, you haven’t seen most of the art. Maybe you’ve seen some of the animation, and a bad print out of one side cab option, and the backglass, but there’s a lot more art that people haven’t seen that is really cool.

I was commenting about the cab art in one of the pictures posted. Too cartoony IMO. Like Levi mentioned, it sounded stupid at first, but could be pulled off. Definitely better than what RAZA ended up being.

Thanks for sharing your stories, keep it up.

2 weeks later
#30385 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea that was the weirdest thing eve, Stay on topic, in this thread.

Damn, beat me too it. That moderation cracked my shit up. Nevermind the era of posting pics of our pets.

1 month later
#30938 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

How much does it cost to start a car wash? What if this was a real life Nigerian Prince scam but done in a way for Bobby to park F You levels of cash. Do the time, collect cash after getting out. No saying it would work, but in the mind of the most brilliant man in pinball who knows.
Not-Bobby: I need a loan to start a car wash
Bobby: How much?
Not-Bobby: 500k
Bobby: How about 3.2 million? You lay interest on the 500k you need and the rest is just there if you need it. Pay it all back in 5 years and call it good.
Is this the step Kulek missed? Man I can’t wait for the docudrama on this.

Looking at Google Street View, it's a really nice car wash.

IMG_20220517_123941378 (resized).jpgIMG_20220517_123941378 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220517_124540783 (resized).jpgIMG_20220517_124540783 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#31383 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

FWIW, some unsold deeproot stuff is being auctioned right now: https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/livecatalog/377448/mel-davis-auctions-237/
Someone picked up a bunch of deeproot furniture for ~$10 and a pinball cabinet for $10.
You can still get a box of ironic "Pinball for the Masses" t-shirts in the next couple of hours: https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/125234378/assorted-pinball-t-shirts?cpage=8

Are those the t-shirts that was for that hammer tested playfield contest no one got?

2 months later
#32017 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Robert has a wife and 2 children who are innocent in all of this. He needs work to support them. He also may be required to pay restitution at some point. Boeing is a big company with lots of employees and doesn't need saving.
I recommend leaving things alone and allow events to play out on their own. If convicted, he'll be a first time offender, not necessarily a repeat offender.

Then the wife should get a job. This really is your stance on this criminal?

#32020 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Has Robert been formally charged with a crime yet?

I thought this might be the reply. However, I'm not a judge or jury, but from my point of view, based on more knowledge than possible jurors may know and what may be admissable by lawyers, I'm all guilty on this guy.

Is that a runnon sentance?

I'm not accusing the wife or kids, but Robert did this to himself and the innocent bystanders need to take care of themselves. Robert doesn't get a pass because he has a family.

Edit: I'm adding this because I don't believe Robert being a rich guy, by stealing or not, deserves to continue his lifestlye because that's what he is used to. Same for his family.

#32054 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

What I don't understand is why it gets misstated all the time. The most important word of the entire concept gets excluded more often than not:
One should never say "He is innocent until proven guilty." If he "is innocent" then he didn't do anything to get proven guilty of!
The correct terminology would be "He is PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty." The presumption of innocence is the whole point of the concept. It is why our legal system puts the burden of proof on the prosecution, instead of making the accused prove their innocence.
But that's about court. No one can tell me there is any chance in hell that he, however temporarily, "is innocent" of making 60 million dollars of other people's money disappear!
I presume that clears things up for everyone?

Makes total sense to me.

#32057 1 year ago

Maybe, but that's wishful thinking.

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 11.14.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-20 at 11.14.47 PM (resized).png

11 months later
#32865 8 months ago

Makes me think how many houses you drive by that are millions are owned by people like RM that haven't been caught yet. The level of wealth I see is amazing.

#32871 8 months ago

He went to Wesley Snipe's school of how to save on taxes. Surprised RM didn't try to start a church too

#32945 8 months ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Ya know I’ve always thought it must sorta suck sometimes being a criminal defense attorney. You go to law school with high and mighty ideals of protecting those wrongly accused, wrongly convicted, helping out the little guy. You end up defending this guy who robbed old people of their retirement savings and spent it on private schooling and his umpteenth wife. I mean it pays the bills, we all need to earn a living, and all defendants are entitled to the presumption of innocence. But I mean come on, this can’t be fun for his lawyers trying to win this one. What a waste of legal acumen searching for the pinball equivalent of the Twinkie defense.

Or you save the innocent:

ojs-impson.gifojs-impson.gif

#32965 7 months ago
nusret-salt-bae.gifnusret-salt-bae.gif
4 weeks later
#33064 6 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

In the beginning of all this, I just thought he was stupid, then I realized he was a crook, now I see that he was actually a stupid crook.

Took this long?

#33065 6 months ago

Who's dupe account was this TreyBong420?

#33071 6 months ago

Ok, figured that's who it was, but didn't realize why he was gone. Didn't come off as the d0n or special K type.

#33081 6 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Well it’s been a long weekend. I deserve some berating for thinking Infinity Wars was AIQ for one brief moment. I still like my Wonderland acronym though…

#33085 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

That's like an alcoholic throwing away his ID, then getting a fake ID to buy booze because the DMV takes too long. I guess we're all addicts here.

He's not the first one to do that.

#33101 6 months ago

I remember back in the day I listened to the Kulek court recordings. Was entertaining.

#33154 6 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Is there any story this blueberryjohnson guy doesn't break??

just no hymens.

2 weeks later
#33222 6 months ago

The weight of pins is annoying. I would be for a lighter weight game where the head comes off super easy. I enjoyed Cary's video, but the price for the Turner game is way to high. Needs to be Home Pin or at least Stern Pro discount price unless somehow they got a huge license I could see going for more.

#33225 5 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm not saying I would buy Ninja eclipse (especially at that price), just saying I like what they did to the cabinet.

Me too.

#33233 5 months ago
Quoted from Inside:

How about a nice PinPod to store your pins in?

You can live in it too when the bubble bursts.

#33251 5 months ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I am cracking up over here thinking about the time Robert was seriously building a theater to unveil his games in....Just wild.

Sucks the theater guy didn't get paid.

#33252 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Deep Root was always obsessed with patents, which is probably why you are seeing this nonsense filter down to TurnerBalls.
It's a very 2023 thing...tech companies LOVE the idea of patents and how they'll get mega rich off of them in the future. Companies like IBM incentivize their employees winning patents for the company, and they have a large department dedicated to enforcing/getting money for patent use, which they see as all profit.
Of course the idea that anybody on the planet would need (or pay for) any of these dumb pinball patents that Deep Root/Turner are dreaming up (Removable backbox, pinbar, in-game removable playfield rottiserie, hydraulic assisted playfield glass removal) is absolutely besides the point when you have your head this far up your ass.

Isn't the patent thing pinball normal. I remember reading about all the different companies patenting everything lik screens on playfield and flippers that learn to auto flip. JPOP loved patents too of course. I agree though Levi, doesn't seem worth the effort. Does Stern or the other current manufacturers still bother?

#33270 5 months ago

I bet RM wouldn't do well with a panel of Texans.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=ryanstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.