Topic Stats

• 6,874 posts
  • 611 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MindlessForthrightIchthyosaurs-small.gif
Screenshot_2019-12-02  Was I a good section  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
9B2311A4-7233-434D-8449-9E2614ACEE6F (resized).jpeg
therazaskywalker (resized).png
AE8D5588-9DB5-492E-B62E-993DB92626F2 (resized).jpeg
4373D690-C985-44FB-B33F-08CF941A6EA9.gif
3haic3 (resized).jpg
EJ-_92WWoAUVafv (resized).jpg
logical.gif
DEEPROOTING (resized).jpg
IMG_20191122_153501 (resized).jpg
A988E980-96A1-4BC9-BEF2-23FAF96E4600 (resized).jpeg
alice.gif

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (7 months ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (23 days ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (23 days ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (23 days ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (22 days ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (22 days ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (21 days ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (19 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#850 1 year ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

If Dennis Nordman ever quits, there's your sign that DeepRoot is in deep shit because that's the red flag that EVERYONE missed with the whole Heighway Shit Show.
-Steve

Not everyone.

1 month later
#1012 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I don't get why all these manufacturers are always bragging about hiring these old dudes that made games 20 or 30 years ago. I want to see new, young design talent discovered. They are out there, and you probably can pay them less than these old reheated design ideas from the same 5 people.

Yeah, I remember some "young new talent" that did the initial code on X-Men.

Based on that experience, give me "these old dudes that made games 20 or 30 years ago."

10 months later
#3234 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like DR is planning on "delivery" starting by June 30.
I just received the "Goodwill Agreement".
"By the delivery date, DR will offer at least three different titles....."
It looks like the standard pricing on these games is going to be $5k
Very nice!
And we will have the ability to tour the factory to play and select games.

I'm completely out of the loop. What is the "Goodwill Agreement" and what are you getting from DR? I assume the Goodwill Agreement has something to do with RAZA/MG/AIW/JPop fiasco?

#3281 7 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think suing him is stupid. If you lost your money just admit you gambled it away, and should have always been prepared to lose it.

Let me guess. You didn't lose a dime in the JPop fiasco?

#3310 7 months ago

Get a room!

#3360 7 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Isn't there also an option to just have DP pay you back your JPop deposit if they're not shipping games on-schedule??

I'm still trying to figure all of this out in terms of a contractual obligation.

Did Deeproot buy out Zidware? I'm guessing the answer is no. So what legal obligation does Deeproot have to any of the Zidware buyers? Again, I am guessing they don't have one. If so, it makes sense that this agreement is called a "Goodwill Agreement." But still, what consideration is being paid by the Zidware buyers to Deeproot that would make the Goodwill Agreement enforceable? Is it giving up the right to sue Zidware/Jpop? If so, Deeproot would have to be considered some kind of third party beneficiary to make that consideration (giving up the right to sue Zidware) valid against Deeproot.

A lot of this doesn't make sense to me.

#3365 7 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’ve always kinda assumed Deep Root has gotten JPop’s patents. That was the only thing of value of Zidware (unless you truly believe JPop is a true visionary that can’t be replaced). And take it for what you will, East Texas courts are well known for patent lawsuits.

Even if that's true, that does not explain what the consideration given by Zidware buyers to Deeproot is.

#3372 7 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Pinball is a relatively small-niche hobby. I wouldn't even consider a new JPop game from Deeproot unless they made things right with his past customers. I assume there must be others who feel the same. While there likely is little legal repercussions, I assume the negative PR must outweigh the cost of fulfilling those debts. I don't feel JPop is worth that, at this point, but obviously Deeproot disagrees. Either way, I applaud Deeproot for taking on those debts and settling with Applejuice and others.

So it all comes down to goodwill. And that's great, but man, it sure seems like they are paying an awful lot for that goodwill.

#3399 7 months ago
Quoted from halflip87:Honestly guys, every time I visit this thread I keep scrolling until I see the deeproot logo and if I don't, I just back out. Sooooo much fluff and no substance.

Never mind this thread, you just described Pinside as a whole.

2 weeks later
#3561 6 months ago
Quoted from deeproot:

You mean like a GB that won’t turn on half the time, the two brand new premium Batman 66’s I bought that are already more dimpled than the moon and with broken mechs already, a Hobbit that’s been dead for months, a Dialed In with constant sound and rebooting problems, and a TNA with so many problems that it has kept my eningeers from engineering on deeproot stuff? Playing and maintaining a deeproot game is pretty refreshing for me thus far...

— Robert dT

Bashing all the competitors - always a sure fire way to get people to pull for you. Classy too.

#3599 6 months ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Thought something important was posted, just another fart in the wind.

This is Pinside, so I'm not sure why you would have though that?

1 month later
#4066 5 months ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Stay out of it Ben. I consider your comment to be providing legal advice without a license.
—Robert

You are supposedly an attorney? This is complete nonsense. Unless I am missing the sarcasm?

#4098 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I am EXCITED and HAPPY for everybody that will get restitution.

Ice, given your track record/experience of getting f*cked by various pinball schemes, I would think that your excitement would be held in check pending this actually happening.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...just how many times have you been fooled Ice?

#4103 4 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I’m a psychiatrist which makes this thread particularly interesting.

Add this to your psychiatric analysis: Iceman now shows as an "inactive member."

1 week later
#4215 4 months ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I think I read in an interview where Robert criticized the different levels of prices

Why tf would anyone criticize this?

I will never understand why some people think that having more choices as a consumer is a bad thing. I like having different models with different features and different price tiers to choose from.

I have bought a Stern pro, premium and LE all in the last 2 years.

#4220 4 months ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

But wouldn't you like to be able to buy the base model and then easily buy kits to upgrade it later if you wanted? Some upgrades are easy bolt on's, but other upgrades (cabinet art) would be tied to a machine version. What make me think this way is the Monster Bash remake. Looking at the variations, I'd really only want the upgraded display and the shaker. But i don't want to spend an extra $2k for these two items since i don't care about the rest of the included upgrades.

So you are asking for even more options than the 3 tiers that Stern currently provides. We want a lot of things, don't we?

#4223 4 months ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Best case would still be the single version release.

Completely disagree.

#4284 4 months ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Do you not like the idea of a complete game?

If you don't think that a Stern pro is "a complete game" just pretend that it does not exist, and buy the premium or LE.

Pretty simple, really.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 137.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,500.00
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside