Topic Stats

• 2,091 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 206 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG0029_1.jpg
!!e!VRp!!WM_$(KGrHqJ,!hYE0fG)ZqRWBNP4Pt8huQ___1 (resized).jpg
55942664 (resized).jpg
e86d288c-8468-11e8-ad57-41bbac1aa85d-780x501 (resized).jpg
71WRkNFA87L._SX425_ (resized).jpg
Nelson_Ha-Ha (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181107-111543_Chrome (resized).jpg
deer (resized).png
Deadflip BTTF2 (resized).jpg
BED72155-B0FF-42A3-B723-0C14BCB86876 (resized).jpeg
wkrp (resized).jpg
C3308468-7A6D-43F2-AFFD-74A9CF0AC369 (resized).jpeg
3D02657D-922C-4A60-A104-1F04F55ADF3A (resized).jpeg
F7E7E4E3-F410-408F-95FD-2D1824272A13 (resized).jpeg
BE893090-0C88-4177-867D-E2C7A6D2E32B (resized).jpeg
46299E10-7041-4A7B-8FD4-C96D866C3AE9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgb635.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#960 5 months ago

Deep Root obviously has a goal in mind! They are spending a great deal of money and acquiring very talented, respected and resourceful people. Is JPOP a nail in the tire? Yes of course he is, but at this point the more the company grows the less of a factor he becomes. Eventually a bad tire is replaced. I don't think the team they are acquiring would come together on a weak foundation and the vision is obviously not marred by one tainted soul. I hope DR develops some very revolutionary products as suggested by other pinsiders such as hybrid playfields and cabinets. It's way past time for advanced material progression in these pinball areas. This can surely result in decreased cost and improved or equal quality production. The problem I see often in this hobby is unwarranted criticism and reluctance to accept or endorse change. Stern would have continued building "Hyundai's" until JJP came along and produced a Benz. Now I know everyone is not in the Benz cost market but years later Hyundai now makes very feature rich and performance competitive vehicles at a significantly lower cost than Mercedes, BMW, etc. I'm not saying Stern increased their quality at the rate Hyundai did nor do they have the motivation as an established long term entity. However, I don't see why a new company like DR with determination cant do the same thing based on forward thinking and a vision. The capitalistic operation model is often implemented but not mandatory. Good luck Deeproot I'm pulling for your success 110%!!!!

#964 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

For those that are lined up for getting a 'game' from them... sure nothing to lose but more crushed feelings. So sure, you want the best possible outcome.

Did I miss the Deeproot sign up or deposit list? I don't see any "crushed feelings" possible if their product is produced and available for purchase at the buyers discretion without deposit.

#983 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you expect a Ferrari and get delivered a yugo.... the fact you got a yugo won’t change your disappointment. Just getting something... can still result in a lot of upset people. They need to get something they think is worth their money... else there will still be bad blood. That’s just reality.

As with any item available for sale, you have the option to buy it or not depending on whatever criteria you feel is acceptable for you. If there is no money required before the purchase the risk is minimal for a warranted item and intelligent consumer. Research before you buy. If it is a new item/company and you don't feel comfortable purchasing new then wait for them to prove there reliability. The major point here is DR seems to be on task for providing a "choice" in the hobby that we can all participate in freely! I bought a new BMW recently because I wanted one but I also have an 20 year old Suzuki SUV that I never expected to last this long. I chose not to trade in my Suzuki because it has proven itself reliable but the Suzuki automobile company is basically defunct in the USA now! Others will say BMWs are junk... I had a choice and made it based on research and availability but at least I had a choice.

#1023 5 months ago

There will always be a "new school"vs "old school" mentality in many industries. I think a smart company would have a mix of the two! This way you maintain wisdom and a somewhat older view of certain task at hand but also have a forward progressive thinking team that has a connection with the current pulse of society. Should be able to cover a wide spectrum with this type of team.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
25,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 10.00
Apparel - Unisex
Lee's Parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 7,199.95
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 65.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 109.99
$ 90.00
Lighting - Led
Geeteoh Electronics
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgb635.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside