• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5407 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Looks good but I don't think Stern or JJP are shaking their boots - yet .

The pricing of these games is what other manufacturers are most interested in I'm sure.

#5446 4 years ago

Are all 250 patents in there?

#5449 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I'm not convinced RM cares about getting any of that money back, to be honest. Carry on from day zero attitude? . Write it off to passion, or whatever.
Who knows really, so many possible perspectives, mostly unknowns. We're all just speculating.

I love pinball and all but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to build them. It just seems like a complete nightmare.

#5491 4 years ago

The only thing that will blow my mind at this point is if they can sell these for less than a Stern pro. Being able to recoup the money they spent thus far at that price point would blow my mind even further. The game itself looks cool but not 2 years of anticipation level of cool.

#5495 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It will never be less than a Stern PRO.

I agree. I don't think that's possible. I'm anticipating it to be more in line with the Stern Premium price point.

#5500 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Well, it's taken a while, but I'm starting to get over my hate for this company. That hiring the crook, Jpoop, just left a bad taste in my mouth. Yeah, I know SOME of you are getting machines so you have to play nice. If they would have originally said we are taking on Jpoop to clear up his bullshit and get everybody who paid into this scam a machine...I would understand.
But they hired him first and then offered something with a time limit and conditions which everyone wasn't happy with. (and STILL no apology from that guy) And, yeah, I know they have no obligation and you're getting something rather than nothing....but they hired a con artist that screwed many people out of hard earned money. But with that said, I'm beginning to soften up a bit. With all the boasting though, the main thing now is price. If it's regular Stern of JJP pricing....well, you know. Someone said it best, this machine should have a fantastic introductory price point. I can't imagine it's gonna be sub $5k, but lower than $7K. Sorry for the ranting....I didn't get much sleep....

Glad you're softening up.

4 months later
#7995 4 years ago

Wondering if the Deeproot launch will happen in my kids lifetime.

#7999 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What a bummer to wake up to...
I kind of wonder why they just wouldn't push forward with a video push event. It would still garber massive attention, especially with all conventions and announcements shut down.

Perhaps they can use the extra time and this was a good excuse to get it.

#8007 4 years ago

The timing to launch a company that produces high-price, non-essential luxury toys just couldn't be better.

#8028 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I do really feel for the whole dp team. They must have been working super hard and to have to keep their mouths shut about whatever it is they're doing. To be /this/ close to being able to finally talk about it... and WHAM. That's just really painful.
This will pass, though not as fast as we all hope.

I think they’re going to have to put the focus on actually selling something at some point soon. Just forget about the huge launch and fireworks and just reveal a final product.

3 weeks later
#8261 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Now Nordman skips town as a tale tell of a company similar to Highway pinball. When the money is gone, so is Dennis.

He's like the canary in the coal mine.

#8267 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Full on batting practice !

Yeah, because pinball media is chock-full of hard-throwing interviewers.

5 months later
#10344 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think what's really telling is based on their statement, they didn't really have many outside people come to look at what they're doing before the media came. Apparently everything was fine until some outside pinball-people came to look at what they had. Then the marketing presentation turned into a focus group and feedback session. So something is clearly very wrong somewhere. (Maybe someone finally convinced them to not show anything until games are in boxes ready to be put in trucks)

If that's true, it doesn't say much for the all star team they assembled over there. It takes Cary Hardy to come in and tell them what they've been doing wrong for the past 3 or 4 years? Wow.

#11315 3 years ago

I'll admit, some of the ideas are very cool. It's unfortunate that they don't seem to be anywhere close to manufacturing anything. I was definitely expecting them to be much further along in the process after all this time. They didn't even figure out the playfield clear-coating yet. I dunno - I'm actually less confident now than I was a couple of days ago that they can pull this off and be successful.

#11366 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That all their plans went out the window with the feedback of 6 new people tells me not really.

If only they asked the janitor for an opinion a couple of years ago....

10 months later
#23262 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congratulations for you.
It was NOT a complete and utter scam from the beginning.
The Raza Jpop story was OVER years ago until DR stepped in and made it a possibility again.
It didn’t work out. Pinball is just part of a MUCH bigger story here.
As bad as it looks for Robert he didn’t set out looking to steal $58 million. At least I don’t believe that
Stupid and horrendous management? No doubt

I don’t post here anymore but felt it was necessary this one time just to tell you what a piece of shit you are. Have at it moderators.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=pipes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.