• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2050 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

It’s far past the time to get new people designing and creating.

The last ~2 years have seen 3 new games designed by new designers, more than the last 25 years combined, I believe. I'm not even counting TBL and Thunderbirds due to their very low production runs. However, technically these games alone represent 2 new designs by new designers.

The designs I am referring to are Iron Maiden, TNA, and POTC. They also account for a somewhat low percentage of all machines produced over the past ~2 years, but new designers are emerging, none-the-less.

OK, off-topic, I know. Back to Deeproot......
I wish them all the best. Pinball is a big commitment and getting it right always takes longer than expected.

When we made our little Scoregasm machine 4 years ago it took about 3 times longer than I thought it would take and it was about 10 times harder than I originally envisioned it would be.

3 years later
#27571 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Pages 35-68 appear to be all the investors who were bilked.
A few notables... Pinball Life...

For the record; Deeproot does not owe Pinball Life a cent.
Terry.

3 months later
#29903 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

And... the deeproot casting couch turns out to be Deeproots first actual sale.

...and I now own it.

#29904 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Lots of usable stuff in this lot. Stand-up switches, coil assemblies, flipper coil assemblies, drop target assemblies, various switches, motors, bolts, post screws, bell plungers, some mystery boxes
$12,002 hammer price--yikes
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That was me buying my stuff back for about $0.40 on the dollar.

#29905 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Shill bidder was the auction house. The shill drove up your bid, then the auction house cashes you out at a higher price than you would have won it without the shill involved.
That was one of the reasons I quit bidding at Super Auctions in Mesquite. The phantom bidders outnumbered the real bidders sometimes.

This is actually a federal crime in a bankruptcy auction. I seriously doubt this to be the case.

#29906 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thing is most of us didn't know that stuff about Spooky and that interaction so our first what the fuck would be the hiring firing and then rehiring of j-pop within like 3 days.

Long-story-very-short; Robert swooped in and tried to buy Spooky and Pinball Life. He also tried to hire Ben Heck and Dennis Nordman.
End result; he hired Dennis Nordman, and there's nothing wrong with that. Dennis delivered the designs he was paid to make. They were never produced, obviously.

#29907 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

BBB was a once-in-lifetime confluence of hard work, passion, lost money, and incredible good luck.

True, but it also was directly connected to Gene's purchasing of all the Capcom parts. His final production number for BBB is directly related to how many MPU's (and tons of other Capcom parts, for that matter) he owned.
The project was 90% assembly and 10% manufacturing.
I mean to take nothing away from Gene's achievement. It was, and is, monumental.

#29909 1 year ago
Quoted from mikusm:

It was great meeting you down there...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I wasn't there. My son Levi and PBL's purchaser Justin were there.
I would have loved to be there, but I couldn't justify the cost and time.

#30027 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

I think 350 went for like $12k. Wasn’t it PBL Terry that bought them?

I won 350, 351 & 354 (IIRC). All lots were titled "Contents Of Pallet Rack". There were no processors in any of these lots. I had no interest in the processors. I was simply buying my stuff back.
Terry.

#30028 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

If it's any solace to Terry on this random reseller getting all these parts, the idiots got them listed on eBay for more than PBL charges.

I got at least 95% of all my parts back. I'm very happy with the results.
Terry.

#30035 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

Did Deeproot not pay you?

Yes, Deeproot paid me. They do not owe PBL a cent.

#30037 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Who got all the shaker motors?

I got 23 shaker kits back. They were on one of the shelving units I purchased. There was a second lot of around 50 shakers that I did not get. The lot went too high.
Also, the rack with the rubber rings and some other misc parts (including a small portion of our mechs) went to someone other than me. Once it got to $2000 I was out.
There were various other lots that had random mechs in them. It seems like no real thought process or organization went into the assembling of the lots. If a bunch of stuff was sitting on someone's desk the day they closed Deeproot down, the auctioneers simply took a picture of said desk and titled the lot "Desk And Contents".

#30038 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

How many of your parts were unopened. Like 90%?

Deeproot made two major purchases of parts from PBL. The first purchase was only about half as big as the second.
The first purchase was all taken out of the boxes by Deeproot and wiring harnesses were attached. I was not as interested in these, or should I say I placed less value on these, because these harnesses will all have to be removed to make them resellable. We did get a good portion of these back, but not all of them.
The second, larger purchase order of parts was almost entirely still in the boxes we shipped them in. We were able to buy back almost all of these in the auction.
Because of the somewhat randomness of the different lot configurations, we also ended up getting a bunch of stuff that we did not sell to Deeproot. I really haven't went through much of it yet since my guys only got back from Texas Friday afternoon. At a quick glance I did see hundreds of motor and gearboxes and hundreds of tubes of epoxy. These two items are already on our website -
https://www.pinballlife.com/greartisan-gear-box-motor-12-volt-dc-12-rpm.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/loctite-eal-e-05mr-clear-5-minute-epoxy-adhesive.html
Are they worth anything to the pinball public? Well, I guess we will find out.
There seemed to be shockingly little in the way of game-specific mechs and toys, or at least not in any of the lots we won. There were a few however, but I haven't had time to take a good look at them or decide what I am going to do with them.
There we also quite a few boxes of game-specific metal brackets. We ended up giving these boxes to a scrapper that was hanging around the place.

#30071 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

Not sure we can blame DR for this one - it’s the third party auctioneer company not keeping tabs on people..

There was zero *policing* of the won lots. Anybody could have walked off with anything. Luckily, my stuff isn't considered collectible, so 99.99% of it was there.

#30072 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

That sucks. That makes both Fire & Brimstone mock-ups mysteriously missing since the foam core one was stolen too.

Wednesday around noon my son took a walk through video of the entire place. The Fire & Brimstone machine was still there, I'm 95% certain. I'm going to upload the video to our site this week. I'll post a link in this thread once it is up.

#30131 1 year ago

Here is a quick video walk through of Deeproot as of noon on Wednesday, March 30th. I apologize for the vertical orientation.
At the one minute mark you will see Fire & Brimstone still in someone's office. As I understand it, there were two different iterations of this machine on the premises, but I can not speak as to the location of the other one.

#30151 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Thanks for recording and posting this. Place is even more massive than I realized. Some white board and schematics frames that could be worth closer examination.
"Their one dock."

I was not there. My son, Levi, and my purchaser, Justin, went to pick up the parts. Levi shot the video right before they left. He did slow down when shooting the dry erase boards, so someone out there should be able to get some decent stills.
Justin took a bunch of photos that still need to uploaded. Hopefully one of us at PBL will get around to that tomorrow.

#30420 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

those toys sold so quick. For reference, there were only 5 ned's for sale. Guessing the other sets were similar.

I have 2 NEDs and 1 Dizzie Doozie that were not inventoried on the website.
I will put them up in a moment.
This was the entire inventory that we received:
5 NEDs (2 have sold individually and one has sold as part of the complete set)
3 Dizzie Doozies (1 has sold individually and another sold as part of the complete set)
2 Jetstar fighter planes (both are sold; 1 individually and 1 as part of the complete set)
1 Dare Devil cycle (sold as part of the complete set)
After I initially listed these someone did contact me and said that another set does exist somewhere, but as far as I know it is not for sale.
Terry.

#30426 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Yup. You could have charged so much more (kudos I suppose on not?)

I honestly had no idea how to price them.
I didn't know if I was high or low. Since they all sold out almost immediately, I guess I was low, but that's just fine with me. I hope the winners enjoy them!
Terry.

1 week later
#30772 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

My thought, exactly. Frank Furhter's real identity was never confirmed, although we all had our suspicions.

I believe it was Todd Nathan, or Nathan Todd, as I recall.

1 month later
#31100 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Often people see a failed business as an opportunity. There's a luxury apartment building complex one town over that filed bankruptcy twice before the 3rd owner finally completed the project over the course of like a decade.. It became the joke of the town because it was the building that would never get finished. 2nd buyer probably thought "well, the building is built, I just have to build the inside now", he was wrong.
https://www.shawlocal.com/2016/03/18/riverside-plaza-developer-files-bankruptcy/asxxzxd
https://www.yelp.com/biz/renew-on-main-algonquin

Tyvek Towers!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.