Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3491 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

If all we wanted to do is compete with existing pinball manufacturers and churn out the outdated and uninspired pinball package as it exists in the market today, it would have been a much easier path and accomplished years ago.

I call utter bullshit. Quit blowing smoke up our collective asses. Zip it, boys...and focus on bringing out a *single* solid freaking machine or video game...or whatever it is you might (or might not) be doing. In the meantime, I will continue to play uninspired and outdated pinball.

How insulting to the hard work and dedication of the current pinball manufacturers and designers who are actually *producing* machines and not milking the "we're going to be so awesome" teat!

3 weeks later
#3854 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are they wasting their time and money with all this bullshit?
Make a goddamn pinball machine already!
What is Brad doing to help make this happen, while we are still middle-aged?

I agree 100%...and thus continues the longest pinball jackoff in history...

#3927 4 years ago

How about:

Actions speak louder than words?

4 months later
#6147 4 years ago

IMO...everything premature here. Why would DR offer something in this unfinished state? .... with all their alleged resources and legions of workforce?

Reminds me of when ACNC was first shown. It sucked and many wrote it off. Now, IMO it's a solid little hummer of a pin.

Finished code makes the game.

Not saying RAZA will be good in the end, maybe it will continue to suck. But who knows? There's so much coming out, I can't say I will be interested in checking back in, until it's released and in a much better state of polish/finish.

#6231 4 years ago

Why wasn't it a stronger reveal? According to DR, they have ridiculously deep pockets. Ridiculously deep pockets and this is your first pinball reveal to the world? I'm sensing not-so-deep pockets and a whole lot of bluster/fingers crossed that they make it.

Some ideas on marketing concerns, when you are trying to solicit sales from an extremely discriminating audience, in an oversaturated/perhaps peaked market:

1. It had better be ready to come off the line in mass production, like a Stern that's just been revealed/teased...not within the better part of a year when it's ancient history (Oktoberfest, anyone?).

2. This WAS your reveal. Prototype, or not. We are now waiting for the Next Perfect Magic Machine.

3. The market is oversaturated. NIB buyers are slowing down. That crazy arc of excitement from the past few years has perhaps peaked. NIB buyers are running out of money, room and perhaps unwilling to sell that Fish Tales like we used to...to purchase yet another untested NIB. (Heck...that old FT was more fun than the Munsters that replaced it!). And PF/quality concerns. NIB sales are slowing.

4. In 2020, when you "re-reveal", you will be heading into the headwinds of: Stern: Stranger Things(!); Led Zep(!) and other desirable, licenced themed pins that will be immediately released. Guns 'n Roses/JJP/Eric M. Spooky: Scotty D's HH Party. Possibly American will figure out how to produce a killer machine? And God knows what else?? (the latest, greatest thing)...probably something awesome, like that Canadian dude's Nightmare Before Christmas produced by Chicago Gaming with artwork by Chris Franchi? You never know what you will be up against in this market and the competition is getting beyond fierce.

Just sayin...for a company who claims they have insanely deep pockets and wants to compete with the Big Boys, this was a weak "reveal".

Doesn't mean it won't be a good, fun game. Doesn't even mean I'm not curious and might even purchase one.

#6260 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Because it was not. The intent was to test a prototype.

It doesn't matter what their intent was, this was their de facto launch for their first machine. This was how Deeproot was first presented to the world as a pinball manufacturer. Marketing is all about perception; reality can be a completely different thing.

I'm not down on the machine, maybe it will be a winner in the end. I'm down on the method DR chose to "test"/"reveal" whatever you want to call it.

As for NIB sales, companies keep these figures very close to their chest. Anecdotally, several of the vendors at Chicago Expo said their sales were down quite a bit. Some even said they wouldn't be returning in 2020, it wasn't worth their time.

#6262 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Because it was not. The intent was to test a prototype.

That was their reveal, whether they like it or not. Even if you are an established business, like Stern, you shouldn't test your machine in public (and I'm sure you'll never see Stern testing a machine in public). Let alone when you are a company who is releasing their first pinball ever, has insinuated that it will be superior to everything else out there...and everybody is watching.

3 weeks later
#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from eneatoluzzo:

Please... no Rick and Morty here. Please.

Why not?! This thread contains everything else under the sun: the good, the bad, the horror, the joy, the indifferent... !!

2 months later
#7383 4 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they are getting a number of game designs and specifications finished, then they manufacture the exact numbers ordered by customers as they go -- not committing to xx number of units per design. This would explain their previous claim they would have such a large number of games available for purchase within a year.

Kind of manufacturing just what they need to, to fill orders.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer custom options for each design, as well.

We'll see, could be interesting.

My avatar tells me that I must order that cool-looking Alice in Wonderland game -- if it is well done

6 months later
#8985 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Alice in Wonderland cartoon is a disney property. This is not a disney AIW that is in progress (supposedly). All I've seen is a black and white drawing from years ago, hope they got further than that.

Alice in Wonderland was written in 1865 by Lewis Carroll and is public domain. DR require no permission whatsoever to proceed unless they use the likenesses of the Disney movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice%27s_Adventures_in_Wonderland

4 weeks later
#9703 3 years ago

Repo Man

#10133 3 years ago

That's it! Go HOME!

No soup for you!

#10934 3 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

This thread delivers what I love Pinside for. Thanks!
What's a deeproot?

Bend over and JPOP will be happy to demonstrate for you!

#10958 3 years ago

Sign me up for those Food Truck and Fire and Brimstone pins ...I'm gonna cancel AIQ !!

Yay!

#11717 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

You can’t dimple a pf that is already dimpled?

Pay attention! You CAN...with a highly-skilled penis!

7 months later
#18429 2 years ago

Get your money back, people! Don't be stoooooopid....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=pinballer67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.