View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13678 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I also imagine this.. You get your goonies pinball. With your purchase price, you get licensed art on the playfield, you get "the world" of the goonies (sort of like how Stern Jurassic park is the world with the music, Ned.. but no clips, no ford explorer)... no actual goonies call outs or video clips. You figure "well this is all good", then deeproot's next update comes and it includes a bunch of licensed stuff. You try to stick to your guns, I'm not paying $500 to get licensed content, this should have come with the game. Then you start seeing pinball streams, you get jealous, and you cave. DR realize now that they have a revenue stream, they dig deeper. The next licensed game is even more stripped down, and they get 2 years of DLC out of their customer base.

At the price point games are at I would not buy an incomplete game to shell out more money for content that should have been there....no incentive to buy it in the first place. These are not $50 video games you pay another 20-$50 for more content. These machines cost THOUSANDS already.
Not no but HELL NO to this idea/concept. And these upgrades don’t add any physical features....I can’t play the animations. If the existing rules make the game bad then I probably won’t want to own it or play it....games with DLC usually have awesome game play but you more. It works for video games because it’s inexpensive. Bad idea for pinball.

3 months later
#17030 3 years ago

Man...just checking in as I have not kept up with the latest. So what’s the deal? Are games actually gonna get made/delivered?

This company came in and talked a a big game stating plans to launch multiple titles....gave people that lost money a chance to take money or wait for a game....is this nothing more than delusions of grandeur?

#17043 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Endless dumbfuckery. Probably some, assembled by hand, eventually. Correct. In some cases. Yes.

Thanks for confirming! Words can’t say how ridiculous this is.

5 months later
#24117 2 years ago

This is pretty crazy to even attempt to pull this off. Resurrecting a dead pinball project (again) and schilling people. It’s bad for everyone that got sucked in but the warning signs were there from the very beginning….though all of us wanted to have faith and believe games would get made.

Can’t wait to hear the stories/details from those involved once they can share.

This is no different than Wall Street hustlers to Silicon Valley.

#24212 2 years ago

Title should just be either Game Over with a tag line of (Cashing in on the fear of missing out)
You have to admit FOMO drove and allowed much of this to happen with people eager to buy games that did not exist.

If this whole backstory was pitched to say Tarantino this is something he could work with. But you have to set the entire picture…back to 2013/2014…Pinball is having a resurgence. Stern is the only manufacturer. Games are becoming high in demand now for home game rooms/collectors. Prices are increasing. JJP announcement for WOZ and the preorder sales model takes hold in the industry. You have to include JPOP from the beginning, Skit B, Dutch, Heighway, Spooky etc. All the resurrections of the failed attempts of JPoP games have to be shown. All of these people have intertwining stories in the industry so that’s why I say someone like Tarantino could write the screenplay to meld all these stories as they unfolded. There is success and failure all there. Yeah it’s not hundreds of millions of dollars, sex, drugs, or black market weapons but the apparent con man behind Deep Root could make for a fascinating story on how these things happen. The end is not finished as we really don’t know all the details of the people invested and how much was ripped off. I could picture the perfect ending showing someone seeing a new post on Pinside announcing a new company and game and the guy replies “ I am in!!!” The sad thing is even after all this someone would still preorder from an upstart. Hopefully no one would but people seem to have money to burn as prices continue to rise on games.

#25129 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade: There's an old adage...Repeat a lie three times and it becomes the truth. I've known many people who swear things happened that never did; (my brother being one).

33A0574E-CFEA-48BC-A033-8E863E28E654 (resized).jpeg33A0574E-CFEA-48BC-A033-8E863E28E654 (resized).jpeg
#25157 2 years ago

It’s horrible this guy scammed people’s investments. I am sure at some point employees figured out the jig is up but at first they were like…

54B1324F-4D9C-42C3-9296-06518B78BED2 (resized).jpeg54B1324F-4D9C-42C3-9296-06518B78BED2 (resized).jpeg
#25177 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Cary Hardy should get toasted for all his videos.

Ha! It was amusing for sure.

Regardless of whether you were in or out on Deeproot I think most of us wanted them to get games out the door. Maybe a few people truly wanted them to fail. I have not looked at the report but from what others have shared it appears it only names RM for possible charges. Now I would suspect employees probably have been investigated/interviewed to determine if a anyone else knew or was involved in the fraud. This could be very important depending on what defense or deal RM tries to cut and drag others down with him. He could easily claim any number of things such as….Mr. X was the brains behind the whole thing. He assured me we could EASILY build games and put the money back before anyone knew it was gone. I was just a victim with the money to fund it. The money trail may lead to RM but a scheme of this scale probably had at least one other person with knowledge of where the money came from/ where it was going. Very few people in this situation will take the fall alone. I know most of us think how can anyone do this but imagine having a cookie jar with a million dollars in it….you think no one will miss $100. So you take it and nothing happens. So you do it again and again. Then you get greedy and you start taking $1000 at a time and still nothing happens. You get the idea. It’s hard to resist the temptation when it’s at your fingertips and you believe you can pay it back before anyone would know. Will be following to see if more details come out over time and how these allegations play out.

#25388 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:I went to ACTUAL school for journalism. Ethics is pounded into your head for 2+ straight years, plus there is a sermon at every local newspaper job you work. It is A Big Deal. Violating it is a Huge Deal in the community - people know for years and your career can be dramatically jeopardized.
Fun fact: almost none of the people on cable TV that masquerade as "journalists" actually are. Therefore ...ethics, what ethics? This still pisses me off.

Ethics in journalism….what a joke. The only time you hear about is when a writer gets caught and is blackballed and it becomes a huge scandal. If there were real ethics trash rags would be advertised as entertainment only. There are some writers/journalists that are generally good so can’t say all of them have no ethics. I’m sure it is a cut throat business.

It’s just like baseball…there is the rule book and then there is the “players” rules.

2 weeks later
#25883 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Why hasn’t anyone made a working 1/8 scale of Raza?

1/8 of MG is all that worked on the one they built LOL! Sure a 1/8 scale of that one is doable.

#25885 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:Because there isn't even a 1 : 1 scale working RAZA yet.

True but many still would love to see YOUR game happen. Love the theme and would love to see it happen one day. Or maybe settle on Bible Adventures LOL!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.