Topic Stats

• 4,209 posts
  • 490 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Brijam
  • Topic is favorited by 152 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 342 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

toteboard03 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
untouchables03 (resized).jpg
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (resized).png
Kap (resized).jpg
D42C2D78-D0BB-44AC-B24F-DF86A025D622 (resized).jpeg
C9532621-DB4C-4BB2-AEBD-EDDB367B4CA4.gif
DRparkinglot (resized).jpg
Can't Get Fooled Again (resized).jpg
Pinside  Screenshot Troll admission. (resized).png
75ACC86B-914E-4FC7-B55F-19BF0F575532.jpeg
prev (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
masterpiece01 (resized).jpg
Positivity (resized).jpg
10Kchristmas (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by applejuice (1 year ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (88 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#906 1 year ago

There's no way DR is going to make a JJP game for half the cost unless a lot of cuts in materials, quality and software development are made. DR likely isn't factoring in the cost of JJP's software, animation and audio work which are leading the industry in terms of quality and depth.

#959 1 year ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

panzerfreak - I will only address the audio work: DR is 'paying the cost to be the boss' in this regard. It is my intention for DR machines to have my best work and they have already hired another full-time audio guy. Let's see....how many other pinball companies have one full-time audio guy? That would be none. So DR is addressing what it takes to have a great audio package associated with each DR title. There are also other exciting audio related developments that NDA and digression prevent me from revealing. Let's just say that they are very cool.
The time between now and March will be hard for all of us. For DR it will be hard work to get to the reveal with Robert's vision intact and for the community it will be hard to wait.
I couldn't do anything without a substantial amount of optimism and I have high hopes for DR.
ddt

That's great to hear David. I really enjoy the audio work you have done on your games, especially the JJP titles. Looking forward to seeing what Deeproot reveals.

5 months later
#2104 7 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

VR is soooooo 2013. Seriously folks, it's done. Talking about the wonders of it today is like those people who audibly gasp when the 3D kicks in at the movie theater.
Now I'd agree VR is the best way to make a "virtual" pin. You could just have the first foot or so of a pin, grab onto the flippers and rest is simulated. But we don't really want that, do we?
Nope. People want big bulky collectibles so their basement looks like a bar to remind them of when they were single. It's the secret (not so secret?) reason Heigheway's modular system would never take off.
Remember this is a hobby where people pay a $17,000 premium for different decals on a wooden box.

Have to disagree there, VR is here to stay and is only growing. There's more higher quality headsets then ever, prices continue to drop, and the technology is only getting better. The future of mainstream VR will be wireless with headsets such as the Oculus Go and next years Oculus Quest. It's not going away anytime soon.

On the gaming front there's been some excellent recent VR games including Astro Bot, Tetris Effect, and Moss.

4 months later
#2864 3 months ago

Right now I'm still very skeptical of this company and think some of what's been said is hot air until a product is produced. The TWIP interview from a while back where deeproot mentions that COGS (costs of goods and services) on Hobbit is $6,750.00 and how they could do it to for less then half the cost using their "standard" was interesting to read. What would the deeproot standard be? No drop target banks, no moving or as detailed Smaug toy, an inferior cabinet, a 1/4 the amount of code (rules, animations, music), no 27" LCD, inferior quality mechs, etc? Ok, I can see COGS being half then. It's a lot easier to make such claims when a product has yet to be designed, parts ordered, no code work has been done, and games haven't been run on an assembly line.

"This game would cost $2k to make"

pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-machine (resized).jpg

In reality it would look like this...

41KKSHS84XL (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
25,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 279.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 24.50
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 224.99
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside