View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10320 3 years ago
tenor.giftenor.gif
#10360 3 years ago

As mentioned in the above announcement from deeproot, myself and other guests gave feedback during and after the event, and I definitely agree that postponing launch was the right decision.

#10873 3 years ago
953A8693-0CD1-48AC-B40B-A1A2B02567A3 (resized).jpeg953A8693-0CD1-48AC-B40B-A1A2B02567A3 (resized).jpeg
#11331 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

PinBar is stupid. It's ugly, uncomfortable and shows a very Boomer-esque misunderstanding of why Millenials and zoomers enjoy location pins in the first place - BECAUSE THEY'RE MECHANICAL AND RETRO.
In fact i'd argue pins would become more popular on location the FURTHER from a cell phone they get, not CLOSER.

It really is dumb. The whole thing looks like a virtual pinball cab. The touchscreen looks slapped on with wide metal framing. I like the idea of having some sort of modern interface connected to a game but make it an app that can be used on a phone or a tablet. I don't want to tap on a touchscreen to activate a magna save or interact during a mode where a simple push button would do. Touchscreens are everywhere in our world. No one was clamoring for a touchscreen.
4g0d0z (resized).jpg4g0d0z (resized).jpg

#11378 3 years ago

Video from Deeproot's pinball influencer focus group...

UnfitGrizzledCaribou-max-1mb.gifUnfitGrizzledCaribou-max-1mb.gif
#11550 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Goonies is already an "insta-buy, " but what about the combative racing license? If it is Mario Kart, then I am in trouble because I will have to come up with the funds![quoted image]

Jesus man. You haven't seen anything but a poorly designed black and white text image of a movie quote and you are like "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!". Ok, I am taking preorders on several games for 2021. Amazing licenses with even more amazing movie quotes! Fuck it, I am going to take it one step further and promise these games by end of year. Take that deeproot!

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#11604 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This and the cabinet redesign are great innovations for pinball collectors that are not stuck in a time warp.

The backbox is literally a retro look....one that reminds me of those retro jukeboxes that you buy at Walmart that have dock for your smartphone. So who is in the time warp?

10 months later
#23885 2 years ago

Live look at Robturd running out of people to milk. Coincidentally the same thing he will be doing to his prison husband.

PinPod Introduction.gifPinPod Introduction.gif
#24060 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The good thing is I'll be playing RAZA for free digitally on my VP pin in about 2 years. Long before anyone hopes to recieve the game.

The bad thing is it’s virtual pinball.

#24074 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

In 4K with nudge and animated backglass. Haven't heard anyone complain yet who plays in my league,they all left satisfied. I won't be surprised if you buy one in the next 5 years.

They’re just being nice. I’d take that 5 year bet. If I want to play video games, I’ll fire up my Xbox.

#24079 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Virtual pinball 5 years ago.. sorta meh. 4k virtual pinball (has to be redone to take advantage of the higher resolution), beautiful. Watch this video and tell me that doesn't look good

It's still flat, and the ball still doesn't feel right. Doesn't matter how good it looks. Sorry not here to start a debate. Feel free to PM me if you want.

#24223 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Oh yeah, real or digital? Look closely at the picture and zoom in. You can't tell the difference. Even has the silk screen dots on the graphics. Its actually better than this without down sizing and taking a pixel photo causing a wavy pattern.
[quoted image]

Wow you are right. That photo looks exactly like a real pinball machine. *shrug*

1 week later
#25282 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Also won't say who sent it, "but then you know that already don’t you?"

#25288 2 years ago
holdmytwinkie (resized).jpgholdmytwinkie (resized).jpgscooby (resized).jpgscooby (resized).jpg
#25374 2 years ago
thumb (resized).jpgthumb (resized).jpg
#25479 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Equally, it's impossible to scroll through a single Pinside page without encountering maddening grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. Typos and stream of consciousness posts are certainly understandable.
However, the most common unforgivable errors seem to be:
1) using "could of" and "would of" which are both nonsensical. The correct phrase is, of course, could HAVE and would HAVE;
2) incorrectly writing "etcetera" as "ect." The correct abbreviation is, of course, "etc." Further, one "etc." suffices. Multiples are redundant;
3) misuse of "your" when "you're" is meant, the latter of which means, of course, "you are." This is clearly the number 1 error;
4) misuse of "it's" to designate the possessive meaning when, of course, "it's" means "it is." To convey possession,
there is NO apostrophe in "its." (e.g. The deeproot company is a failed venture. Its assets have been depleted.)
Perhaps the most disheartening lesson is that these mistakes are repeated by the same folks even after a correction is noted by a fellow Pinsider. The educational collapse (in STEM as well) is evidently just as pervasive in Canada as in America. The western hemisphere is badly losing the global literacy race. It's embarrassing.

Your right.

#25716 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

EVERY insert on the playfield a lightning bolt, every metal bracket must have a lightning bolt cutout. everything lightning bolts! pow! boom!

10 months later
#31556 1 year ago

Live look at iceman

anthony-rubbing-hands-behind-tree (resized).jpganthony-rubbing-hands-behind-tree (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.