• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5038 4 years ago

Deeproot trashing on Stern and JJP is just really suspect and petty and shows absolutely no humility in entering a pretty tough market. Stern and JJP have built and shipped thousands of machines, working through all kinds of design, production, supplier, and manufacturing issues. Of course they are far from perfect but these are real companies selling real products to mostly happy customers for years if not decades.

Deeproot has shown nothing, built nothing, and proved nothing to anyone. The default should be that they build the trust and support of the community, and not they have an inherent advantage and assume that everyone is going to buy into their hyperbole and that they are going to revolution everything.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh, and 15 million is not a terrible amount of money for a startup "technology" company with a sizable team of employees that has been in operation for over three years and needs to build and maintain a sizable supply chain for manufacturing. How many internet startups have burned through 5X that and have barely been able to get a website or viable software application out the door.

3 weeks later
#5080 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Yeah I don’t see how they could burn as much cash as they are for five years.

Because the plan is just to burn all the cash and then walk away. Have you heard of WeWork / WeCompany?

#5090 4 years ago
Quoted from tech25:

never heard of it until now, but I also live under a rock. Did some wiki reading. but that doesnt give the juicy details...
can you elaborate on this wework nonsense??

The founder raised a ton of money by overselling his operation and business, and philosophizing about the greatness of his plan to an almost fraudulent level. He promised to revolutionize the real estate and office space business only to have it come crashing down as they approached IPO and ran out of cash. During the IPO process, outsiders got a peak behind the curtain and what had smelled like crap was actually well...... crap.

The deeproot interviews remind of the same type of hubris that is often seen in the leaders of failing companies.

#5114 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

It's a virtual pinball machine

It's also powered by vaporware.

#5120 4 years ago

I'm super excited to learn about the "Deeproot package of innovations" that they seem to be licensing out. I've searched extensively and they have only received one patent so far ( https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/28/c2/14/0a5dd78e980396/WO2018183948A1.pdf ), which is the removable playfield mechanism. They don't have any pending, provisional, or even filed patents for review for anything else. So this "revolution" will essentially be a pinball machine that looks and plays exactly the same, but the playfield comes out of the cabinet into a vertical position. I'm sure Stern is shaking in their boots. The cost of building this cabinet has to be at least 2 - 3X what a normal cabinet with simple playfield hinge must cost.
Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 4.09.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-26 at 4.09.02 PM (resized).png

#5122 4 years ago

Anyone else question the physics of this shot? The center of gravity must be way out towards the elevated playfield.

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 4.16.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-26 at 4.16.00 PM (resized).png
#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wich is why they don't use that design, as allready has been stated, when that patent was found for the first time.

Have they confirmed that?

#5126 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not until the thing breaks off and lands on someones foot.

Maybe they have pioneered the use of balsa wood and other nanotechnologies to create a populated playfield that weights under 10lbs?

#5129 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like they are pioneering the use of shit that was never needed.

Solving problems that don’t exist was probably their pitch for raising 15M from investors.

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Everyone on pages 52-56.

It costs thousands of dollars and months if not years of time to file and approve a patent. With 5+ inventors listed, no one thought at any point that this didn’t have a chance to actually work and still went through the trouble of filing it?

2 weeks later
#5319 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Because JPop's fairy dust mechs don't work.

Maybe they only work for people over the age of 70, similar to the life insurance policies that Deeproot capital buys to fund their pinball operations.

#5376 4 years ago

The playfield artwork looks much better than the typical Stern machine.They actually injected some style in the fonts for the inserts.

1 month later
#7164 4 years ago

"Thanks for cleaning under the plastic."

Nice touch.

#7205 4 years ago

RAZA has yet to have a dedicated thread created, yet Rick and Morty has a thread with over 7,000 posts. The anticipation is off the charts.

2 months later
#7977 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Did the Spanish get there asses kicked in 1918?

You know the Spanish flu didn’t come from Spain, right? It was called the Spanish flu because it was the first country to be truly devastated. The flu most likely originated in the U.K. or USA.

So they did definitely get their assess kicked in 1918.

#7981 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Same as how the "CCV" supposedly didn't originate in China. Nothing unexpected really.

It’s the same? 100 years of research and investigation vs a couple idiots claiming it didn’t originate in China?

#8001 4 years ago

Deeproot's site is still showing a countdown for me. Have they officially cancelled?

2 weeks later
#8208 3 years ago

Anyone else looking forward to the Netflix release of Pinball King next fall? Could be fun to see the cast of crazy characters behind deeproot.

#8211 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Somebody needs to shoot that documentary.
Would crush the Tiger King.

I would binge it faster than Tiger King, that’s for sure.

#8213 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not a chance.
Nobody in pinball is that interesting.

“Interesting” is one way to put it....

#8264 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Has K in the past lobbed softballs? Robert seems comfortable going there.

He definitely didn't press him that hard, but maybe he will this time around? who knows

2 months later
#8569 3 years ago

Does anyone visit this thread out of anything other than morbid curiosity?

2 weeks later
#8655 3 years ago

Guys, be patient as they are just "adding back in some more innovations", whatever that means.

#8674 3 years ago

The most entertaining aspect of this story is going to be when deeproot blames Covid-19 for their eventual demise.

1 week later
#8724 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I do find it amazing Deep root has so many experienced pinball people , millions of dollars and after a few years they still don't have anything you can buy .
Meanwhile - Damian at Haggis who knew nothing about pinball three years ago , has pretty much single-handedly built a quality game which is really fun . I would not have chosen the theme and I like a modern playfield with ramps but for a first time effort I would give him an A . It really is a quality , fun playing game .

Anything to buy? They barely have anything to show. Their website (and deeproot studios website) is a barely modified Wordpress template. Their last post on Instagram was in 2018 and they have zero presence on Facebook. They literally refer you to interviews on other sites to find out more information about the company...... in June of 2020 after most likely millions of dollars burned. The company is either mired by incompetent management, or lacks any kind of marketing forward business acumen. They may still pull a a miracle and pull some magic out of their hats, but what would you bet on at this point?

#8726 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What I’ve said all along: Whether on purpose or just a safety net, I think this business is a tax haven for the owner’s insurance business, to show massive losses to offset profits in that area

It certainly seems that way. I'm no tax expert, but how else do you explain having a Parent LLC with multiple subsidiaries, including an art studio, contract manufacturer, pinball company and private equity funds in some convoluted business arrangement? Most likely the PE funds funnel money into the Pinball company, which then pay royalties to the Tech/Manufacturing LLC and the Art Studio. Any lawyers or tax experts here care to weigh in with a professional opinion?

#8728 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

IANAL, and lawyers are too smart to comment on wild inferences. I have no info, just seems like what one would do from a business standpoint.

Makes sense, just curious why other Pinball manufacturers are not setup this way. Stern Studios?

1 month later
#8841 3 years ago

The most hilarious part about Deeproot is that their own website, which is still lacking any shred of useful content, is sending you off to a defunct podcast to find out more information about the company. Complete amateur hour over there. It’s almost as if they want to fail.

#8862 3 years ago

Take it with a grain of salt, but there was a message posted on Glassdoor on August 1st:

-Doesn't Recommend
-Negative Outlook
I worked at Deeproot Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Flexible work times
-Very little overtime

Cons

-Unprofessional management.
-Everything is at the owners whim.
-Management does what makes themselves look good to the owner at the cost of
productivity and moral.
It started as a great company to work for, a company that (even though it was small and unknown) I was proud to work for. But sadly, that didn't last.

Advice to Management

Listen to the professionals you hired to do the job.
To the owner, just because its your company doesn't mean you always get what you want or think you deserve.
Go back to the basics, this company started as a great place to work but that quickly changed.

#8941 3 years ago

Has anyone in the San Antonio area decided to drive by Deeproot HQ and see if there is any sign of life there? Does it look like a facility staffed and prepping to assemble products filled with 250lbs of parts? Are there five cars in the parking lot and not much else?

3 weeks later
#9508 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

What is retro about RAZA?

it has retro in the name so it must be true

#9516 3 years ago

I wonder if we’ll see the Pixar level animations in this reveal.

1 week later
#9779 3 years ago

Anyone for a Das Boot pinball machine? The ball is submerged below the playfield and each game takes 4 hours.

#9782 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I‘m obviously biased with that one!

I don’t mean the beer drinking vessel...

#9792 3 years ago

Second DR game confirmed with an aptly titled name. The Never Ending Story.

#10103 3 years ago

I'm curious about what the production quality of this stream will be like. Amateur? Pretty slick? We'll see

#10110 3 years ago

This is off to an incredible start

#10120 3 years ago

Whoever trolled us with that fake reveal countdown. Hats off to you....

#10173 3 years ago

The prank was great, but thinking you're gonna get followers from it? Lol.

#10181 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

It's the opposite for me. I'll definitely never follow whoever that was. It's a slap in the face to legit content creators who actually put passion into streaming and covering pinball news. It's a niche thing, and really the only guy out of maybe 50 streamers gets paid. You're making fun of volunteers.

Pretty sure were on the exact same page here. That's what I meant. He's delusional to think people will follow him after this stunt.

#10194 3 years ago

Deeproot is the epitome of a dumpster fire.

#10284 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Presenting the message in their original format:
[quoted image]

this is real??? Not a joke?

#10324 3 years ago

This proves that Covid was the best thing that happened to them as an easy excuse for postpone that "launch". With 9 Months of extra time they've accomplished nothing. Who's chomping at the bit to give these guys some cash?

#10339 3 years ago
dumpsterfire2 (resized).jpgdumpsterfire2 (resized).jpg
#10416 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I have to throw in the towel. I have been postive for deeproot for quite some time, but this... this is just... There isn't a word for it. Maybe the Germans can help me out here: is there a Schadenfreude-type-word for this situation?
I have now lost all faith.

I'm sure the German Language has a long complex compound word that can handle this situation...

#10420 3 years ago

"We thank you for your continued trust and patience."

Who here falls under that bucket? I'm a 0.

#10424 3 years ago

We need to lock in and coin the term "Missing the Right ramp".

It can be used for all types of situations. If a company really sh^ts the bed on a launch, we can say "They really missed the right ramp on that one".

#10464 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

But... what are you a fan of?

Dissapointment

#10473 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Could someone post a key post or link to see the sh*t show you are all referencing? I gave up on this thread months ago, but this many posts in this short of time was too enticing to pass up but I am not wading through 10K of posts... thats just not going to happen...

TLDR:

Deeproot shit the bed. Botched launch, postponed with no future date set.

#11006 3 years ago

First multi-denominational religious pinball game. Yikes.

#11011 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

FOOD TRUCK?!?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

Can you let me know when Multi-denominational Religious Pin and Food Truck arrive at Jackbar. I'll be there for happy hour.

#11016 3 years ago

Help two diesel punk heroes take on the world's greatest threat in this dystopian thriller.

Can someone help me understand what a diesel punk hero is?

#11021 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Think Mad Max instead of Steam Punk

The aesthetic of that slide doesn't at all fit with DieselPunk.

#11183 3 years ago

Does anyone else think these slides look like a pitch deck? They are probably pitching new investment money at the same time as drawing interest from the market. The capital required to start up an assembly line must be significantly more than what Deeproot has left in their coffers after this many years.

#11306 3 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

Nice.
My mistake, they are already using the smaller 19in x 3.5in screen in the pinbar. They could use 16.3in x 2.25in to reduce the height. At that width, they would need to add a shooter gauge to make it look good.

Does that size display exist? There is no way deeproot is doing this in enough volume to have custom sized panels created just for them.

2 months later
#13848 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Out of curiosity i just checked the SEC filings. No annual update since 9-12-2019 on the "Deeproot 575 fund" which i believe was the entity that was used to fund pinball operations as an underlying investment for the fund.
"Once the initial Form D is submitted, the filer has to submit an annual amendment on or before the first anniversary date, if the offering is continuous. Certain private funds, such as private equity, generally do not submit an annual amendment if fundraising has been completed and no new commitments are being accepted. Private funds that close to new investors or liquidate before the anniversary date also do not need to submit an amendment."
Interestingly, on May 15, 2015, they filed another Reg D offering for $6,000,000 under "Deeproot Pinball, LLC" that appears to have never raised a dime according to the filing. That was the only one.
Then on September 3, 2015 they filed the first notice of offering, Reg D, for "Deeproot 575 fund".
The substantial amount of PPP money they received for two entities had to be used for payroll and rent. Not sure if they will be eligible for another loan on the new stimulus package coming?
How are the games going to get built?

So all of us Americans are paying for Deeproot machines, whether we actually buy one or not.

5 months later
#18427 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Score $5 per innovation and they can buy a pinpod!
As if this company has anything behind the scenes a legitimate outfit would deem worth buying. Nordman bounced due to not getting a mechanical engineer. As far as I know, they only ever secured a single patent.
If pride would allow it, I'm sure they could auction off dozens of foamcores and half baked, half built experiments for collectors and get some bucks.

No other company is going to acquire DR just to get that patent for the glass lift system and add hundreds of dollars to their BOM to produce new games. It's a solution for a problem that doesn't really exist.

#18596 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

To me the most interesting part of this story yet to play out is that there seems not to be a single leak internally from those who remain. For a company seemingly imploding that in itself is an achievement. Surely they must know what’s going down. I will also be interested to learn how many Cassandras there were internally who just never got heard. Failure is always a slow burn of missed opportunities.

To me this is the least surprising. RM is a lawyer first and foremost, and I'm sure he's got all of his employees locked down with NDA and other legal control mechanisms. I wouldn't be surprised if he is going after Cary Hardy right now for that video in attempt to have him take it down.

#18730 2 years ago

This thread is as dead as Deeproots future

1 week later
#18771 2 years ago

The universe might implode if deeproot actually ships a game..... with pooling and chipping.

2 weeks later
#18990 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Read the very first post on page #1 that started this thread. Look how much progress has been made in 3 years.
From that first post : "They are hoping to have their manufacturing facility finalized in the next 2-3 weeks."
"What type of build quality to expect from deeproot (hint: using a car comparison, they want to build a Ferrari and sell it at KIA prices)"

Also : "- deeproot does not plan to take any pre-order money or deposits for their machines"

4 weeks later
#19708 2 years ago

Their electrical engineer posting is just as laughable. Some of the highlights:

-Drives continuous improvement
-Keeps up with current technology
-Selection of proper sized electrical components
-Support manufacturing
-Some mechanical engineering aspects and projects
-Work on cross functional team projects to meet company goals.
-Other duties as needed and assigned

I'm sure there are some seasoned electrical engineers chomping at the bit to land that gig.

#19716 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah what does $13/hour get you in a major metropolitan area these days?
Basically someone with a pulse I believe?

Less than a fast food worker in many areas.

#19876 2 years ago

Did you guys know Robert Mueller graduated a semester early from law school in 2000? It's in his bio on the website.

He seems like a fun guy to have a beer with.

#20009 2 years ago

Mueller was not removed from leadership. From the ledger you can see that he was added twice to each entity, and I assume the duplicate was removed later on.

#20180 2 years ago

One score recorded in 2021. Play testing and q/a must be in full swing.

1 week later
#20551 2 years ago

I actually haven't heard all of those RM clips before. His level of hubris is off the charts. I think I finally understand why this thread has 20,000 posts.

#20650 2 years ago

I really hope Kaneda puts out a part 3!

#20998 2 years ago

This “legal” stuff is going to be RM’s out on RAZA. He’ll claim some dispute will prevent the release, and they are canceling the production and moving on to their next title.

#21157 2 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

Wait, I thought Robert was using his *noggin* to out-design everyone else in the industry ever! You mean he just stole an idea outright from another, successful business and claimed it was his own? I'm shocked!

Lol in the deeproot pinpod video RM even quotes the same specs from the snap crate website. He's a lawyer so he must have licensed it, right?

#21328 2 years ago

RM has also removed his profile from LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-mueller-43b5b113

This one is just about over, folks.

#21331 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Whoa! That’s a bit of a major move. Does he still have a Deeproot investments profile (or whatever the insurance company is called )

https://www.linkedin.com/company/deeproot-wealth-advisors

Deeproot funds has also been removed.

#21336 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That’s interesting. That fund should have nothing to do with pinball. Why make that fund info disappear as well?

No one knows that other than RM. It could also be possible that he used Deeproot funds to invest in the pinball business.

#21892 2 years ago

So all employees furloughed, Deeproot companies remove their LinkedIn and Facebook pages, Robert removes his personal Facebook and LinkedIn profiles, and their phone changes to a robotic answering service. Queue up the fat lady?

#21993 2 years ago

Deleted.

#22257 2 years ago

The red flag for me was every word that came out of RM's mouth.

1 week later
#22988 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is what the 575 fund was all about. The much BIGGER picture.
While you guys are all doing the happy dance, $58 million of investor $$$, placed by their trusted investment advisors, are going to get F Ed for at least some portion of their money.
No one knew how bad the fund was actually performing other than the advisors that were getting those reports.
I suspect all it took was a few disgruntled advisors to start the dominos falling with the SEC. I didn’t think it would happen this soon
For me, I’m happy now that the SEC has gotten involved that the bigger picture fraud was stopped before even more damage could have been done.
It’s still amazing how they even got it up to $58 million from $44 million as last reporting period.

The happy dance is really a result of everyone seeing this for what it was from the begging : a complete and utter scam. It has been called literally thousands of times throughout this thread. What's the dance called for those who gave false hope repeatedly throughout this?

#22996 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

[quoted image]

Can we make this a key post as well?

#23011 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congratulations for you.
It was NOT a complete and utter scam from the beginning.
The Raza Jpop story was OVER years ago until DR stepped in and made it a possibility again.
It didn’t work out. Pinball is just part of a MUCH bigger story here.
As bad as it looks for Robert he didn’t set out looking to steal $58 million. At least I don’t believe that
Stupid and horrendous management? No doubt

If the SEC filing allegations are true, him and his 2nd and 3rd wife's used credit cards drawn against the funds for their personal expenses. He was buying jewelry, sending his kids to private school, and bough a condo in Hawaii. Was there are point at which Robert said to himself, I'm tired of running this as a legitimate investment fund, time to make it a scam? The second those millions hit the bank account he was probably off and running to fund his desired lifestyle.

#23020 2 years ago

As pinball hobbyists, and self claimed experts about the subject, it was easy for us to look almost anything Deeproot Pinball claimed ( and any word that came out of RM's mouth) as complete and utter bullshit.

My wife works for a large private equity company, and has spent most of her career working with investment and private equity funds. With absolutely zero context, I showed her the deeproot funds site and asked for her opinion. Her immediate thought was "this looks like a scam or phishing site".

#23212 2 years ago

What are the chances that RM shows up at a pinball event again?

#23216 2 years ago

The Deeproot scam will be forever etched in the lexicon of the pinball hobby. The endless amount of quotes, one liners, and memes we can generate from this is near endless. Can’t wait until the term Deeprooted, or raza’d becomes the default terminology. We might want to start a short list for future tshirts and other uses :

- Deeprooted
- Raza’d out of your money
- ‘Icing’ a new announcement, pinball startup or title rumor. Or Ice-lighting
- Papaduped into putting down a deposit
- using ‘UL rated’ for marketplace listings
- octo-assembled
- pin-barred from the hobby

Creative group here. I’m sure we can come up with some gold.

#23426 2 years ago

It's amazing how deeproot can bring worlds apart, together. First, a fellow bidet enthusiast (well met!). Next, an almost vector marketing aka Cutco salesman!
(Note: Unlike you, I did sell the knifes for a few months and discovered it was demi-cultish, kinda like deeproot. They apparently have massive training conventions with all of these mostly late teens and early twenty somethings. Probably should have stuck around for one of those!
Alas, I bounced after a couple months because the managers were too into it, plus I didn't like being an imposition to friends of friends and family. Still made some good money and got a set of quality knifes, some of which I still use today!)
EDIT: Oh snap, this was in Maryland, too. But I've never heard of a Macgruder's so it sounds like our paths would not have crossed then.

Hey I’ve got a Toto Neorest LE. It’s like a religion.

#23461 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Just wondering about merchandise. Are any of these Deeproot polos available to purchase?
[quoted image]

Do you think Robert used the Deeproot growth runs deep funds to procure one of those nipple concealer pads to cover his belly button?

#23473 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey! I'm selling my Joker Poker to get one of those! What's $5k when it comes to getting your puckered starfish hosed and fluffed?

It even comes with LEDs. You can’t say the same about some of the 90s pins showing up on the marketplace recently for 5k.

#23553 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Sure he spent it all, but some of the stuff he spent it on can be recovered like the jewelry, real estate, office equipment, etc
But most of it evaporated in salaries to people to not build anything, probably fancy meals and travel, school tuition, sports tickets, etc.

Sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if RM (and wives and trustees) have multiple credits cards out in the name of the entities with outstanding debt on them and no cash left on hand. Also wouldn't be surprised if there are other debtors to his entities and outstanding obligation to various government agencies. The SEC accusations are probably the tip of the iceberg.

#23566 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Hey guys,any news on my Raza?
I really look forward to receiving it

Reach out to Greatwichjohn. He's building one for you.

#23592 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

These are NOT good intentions. If Robert wanted $5 million to build a pinball company, he should have asked investors for $5 million for a pinball company. Instead, he lied to investors and said, I will invest in safe investments, life insurance policies, etc. I wonder why he lied? Oh thats right, because even the dumbest financial advisor in the world knows that investing in pinball is high risk. He wanted the cheap and safe perceived value of investment money for fixed income streams, but for other shit that is not that.

This is 100% accurate. Robert should have pitched investors to invest in a high risk manufacturing startup in a niche market. He should have taken money from Venture Capitalists who are used to taking risks and the potential losses that come from it. Instead he took money from older people's life savings to buy some life insurance policies and to use his own fund as a personal piggy bank to pay for his vanity projects.

#23605 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For me the convo went like this...
“Hey baby remember that scam pinball company I mentioned when we were watching The Lady and the Dale ?”
“Yep!”
“Well.....”

For me the convo went like this....

"Hey wifey do you remember the scam pinball company I mentioned to you"

"The pin-what?"

#23652 2 years ago

What day of Deepshit is Robert on right now?

#23989 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I completely over-ate that that delicious mac & cheese joint not far from Reciprocal, so it could've been that.

S’mac?

#24325 2 years ago

So let’s say Robert beats most of these charges. Let’s even go so far as to say he beats all the lawsuits up against him. At what cost and how many years or months? How does he exit this with any viable path to raise additional funds from investors or bring his reputation back to a point in which he could reasonably operate his businesses. Isn’t the best case scenario that he dodges a few bullets and withers away.

If not, Could you imaging the Food Truck thread on here and amount of Icelighting happening in it.

#24561 2 years ago

Guys I’ve missed a couple hundred posts. Is Ice creating a pinball company with Greatwichjohn to give Jpop a chance to be managed into creating new games?

#24965 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Looks to be more of a factory minus any production line for Deeproot Pinball. It would be great if pictures are shown over the years of the factory. Looks like Robert can use a bunch of money that was spent over the years as part of a out towards failure. Even quad or octo manufacturing might get people away from line manufacturing. Same with the animation studio since most pinball games have displays for everything. Also throw in the few refunds & trying to do some scheme towards Zidware customers.

Read the room man. You are getting 40+ downvotes for every nonsensical reality-distortion field induced comment. In all sincerity your time is probably better spent doing anything else. The rest of us are all still here for the morbid curiosity.

#25184 2 years ago

Is there another imagine that more accurately describes this entire shit show of a thread?

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 11.08.49 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-31 at 11.08.49 AM (resized).png
1 month later
#26312 2 years ago

“other insurance” (presumably for his luxury automobile, $400)" per month.

For those that live in Texas, what kind of car has an insurance premium of 400$ per month?

#26313 2 years ago

Mueller states that his spouse “will not receive her full salary” while on maternity leave.

Having a kid with the third wife......the wizard mode of real life.

#26315 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

a tesla model x can easily run $400 a month

That's almost 5K per year in insurance premiums. Is it really that high in Texas?

#26365 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

It was more incompetence than intentional scam . Intent matters to me in the final judgement - many will disagree . That’s okay .

Buying a condo in Hawaii with people's retirement money is not incompetence.

#26385 2 years ago

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.txwd.1144501/gov.uscourts.txwd.1144501.18.0.pdf

Mueller's response is now live.

"Those assertions are also largely irrelevant to the question before the Court, which is whether Mueller should have the ability to house and feed his family as this litigation proceeds."

"As the SEC admits in its brief, Mueller has informed the SEC that the funds were proceeds from the sale of Mueller’s personal assets.1 In 2015, 2016, and 2018, Mueller purchased multiple pinball machines on credit cards. The balance on those credit cards was later paid by one of the entity Defendants as part of the non-payroll compensation provided to Mueller. Mueller later sold several of those machines and placed those funds in the Disputed Accounts with the intention of using those funds to pay his living expenses."

"But Mueller is not requesting that the funds in counsel’s trust account be used for this civil action. Rather, he is asking the Court to permit these funds to be used in the parallel criminal action." "

"The SEC does not dispute that it instigated the criminal investigation by referring its Complaint to the United States Attorney’s Office or that the investigation is ongoing. "

So, confirmed that the criminal investigation is now real?

#26386 2 years ago

"But it fails to note that these entities still control other assets that, while less liquid, are still worth millions of dollars, including life insurance policies, partially completed pinball machines, manufacturing equipment, and pinball parts."

It's hilarious how often pinball is coming up in these documents.

#26406 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Just a side note on the nuclear energy hate... pressurized and boiling water reactors are fundamentally flawed and dirty because they were invented and operated to support the nuclear arms and weapons programs early on during the Manhattan project. Thorium based nuclear power, which does not support nuclear weapons manufacture, is a way safer and cleaner and even proven technology. If we really get serious about solving global warming, Thorium based nuclear energy will be what saves our bacon. Oh and RM is a scammer delux just to stay on topic a little.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
1 month later
#27254 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I didn't even know that there were "Pinball Celebrities".
"Hey John, when you grow up do you want to be a Rock star or a Movie star?"
"Neither one. Someday I'm going to be a Pinball celebrity..."

Why have money and fame when you can be berated on an Internet forum by 175 people?

1 week later
#27416 2 years ago

From what I can gather this is the order:

- TX Pinball employees sorted by last name A-Z
- UT Employees by last name
- Remote Employees or contractors???
- Pre-orders sorted by first name ( 74 total individuals )
- Vendors
- Investors ( Trusts, LLC's, individuals )
- Legal, Muni+State, and Federal Gov debtors

Someone ordered a machine to Afghanistan???

#27461 2 years ago

Instructions for joining the hearing by webex on Monday.
Let's do it.
[quoted image]

Pinside watch party? Can we make it a drinking game? Rules

#27503 2 years ago

blueberryjohnson did you confirm this is open to the public?

Screen Shot 2021 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021 (resized).png
#27517 2 years ago

<deleted>

#27528 2 years ago

This was the most disappointing thing since Coke 2.

1 week later
#27642 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm guessing if you have the funds to buy a deeproot pinball machine, you have the funds to hire a programmer to disable any phoning home, maybe even re-code the game from scratch.
Pinballnews says it runs on a unity based framework. Without seeing code it's hard to tell, but since mission pinball supports unity (and I'm guessing it being a prototype it probably isn't locked down code), it might not be so difficult. Just look what those guys in amsterdam managed to do with magic girl.

I still think it’s a huge risk buying of these prototypes. Who knows if the pinbar has a custom firmware, or if there is any compiled code that you don’t get the source code for. I’d image these machines were not just plug and play and required the engineers hands on to get them to boot for those demonstrations. There is a good chance you are buying a very limited functionality machine.

#27734 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bankruptcy docs reveals RAZA sales at most 74 units. So that's how I know.

That’s 74 buyers on the list, so it could be slightly higher if someone was particularly dumb and decided to double down on Deeproot.

1 month later
#28142 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These posts continue to be my absolute favorite post-collapse Deep Root posts.

Occasionally there is a rift in the space time continuum and the dimension that he exists in overlaps with the real world, hence why he ends up posting here.

1 month later
#29027 2 years ago

What time does it start?

#29053 2 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

Apparently a banned Pinball podcaster who shall not be named called the auctioneer and confirmed that the games do not have software installed and don't work. It is, of course, up for debate whether he's being honest or not.

Sounds pretty easy for anyone to verify this claim.

2 months later
#31044 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I have nothing going on with anything Deeproot. But it will be interesting to see if the interested group looking to get into the pinball manufacturing business a few years back. Have anything going on, or have some type of relationship. The story continues on, & that is all I can say about my previous talks. It was a group with money & knowledge. No talk about going to extremes with construction of pinball games.

You sir are at expert at saying a lot without saying anything at all.

1 month later
#31548 1 year ago

This is like watching a dumpster fire following up a train wreck. He seems like a sincere guy, but looking through the portfolio on the Turner website makes me think he's in way over his head. Absolutely zero chance of this going anywhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=okgrak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.