Topic Stats

• 3,784 posts
  • 474 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 minutes ago by jlm33
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 295 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A2AFA653-4FF4-496B-B8D9-C5E8864BE8CA.gif
ADA9DA2E-B5D3-49C9-861D-7BE379376B38.gif
southpark (resized).jpeg
E208A349-9CA7-475A-9961-06F1E13E41F7 (resized).jpeg
E4567848-90A0-4DCE-9785-90254EAB9097 (resized).jpeg
3F9FC240-CE53-4150-9B6C-118BF41113E3 (resized).jpeg
1D98F509-B93D-4D2D-A189-968AB12AC94C (resized).jpeg
B78FC379-C525-412C-91D3-91F6957E9AA1 (resized).jpeg
download (1) (resized).jpg
796DA2B5-6BE2-4AAF-9D72-135BB788B775 (resized).jpeg
0B966A11-8469-414B-9C2F-C9DF19CC4CB7 (resized).jpeg
86B9AFF5-7994-4533-8035-BF72DE192D7B (resized).jpeg
70CC644C-8879-4458-9BA0-0BC0F213F6C2 (resized).jpeg
db (resized).jpg
47c040df4230b1e31132a7da4b1ad3cb86338f0e.png (resized).png
JJP MPGA Hat (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by applejuice (1 year ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (55 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 1 year ago

Prepare to be deep- rooted!

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Quality of a Ferrari at a Kia price. Can't wait to see it.

To be fair, the Kia requires much less maintenance than the Ferrari.

So what you end up with is a cheap, high maintenance machine is what I think they are getting at.

#196 1 year ago

23cena (resized).jpg

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Can't imagine uprooting my life to head to Texas for these promises

On the plus or minus side, you could end up deep rooted there.

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Answering my own question, 2.4 million from 19 people. To get people to cough up $2.4 million, you're going to lay on the hype.

And they are probably all betting that they will get the first RAZAs off the line.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This company reminds me of a hybrid between Dutch and Highway Pinball

tumblr_mk4uko50OF1s7acuso1_400.gif

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I applaude every published business decision deeproot made because deeproot not only showed their business experience but also their brilliant analysis of the market.

bravo (resized).jpg

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

genius pinball gaze noone

el-enrique-octavo-de-hermans-her (resized).jpg

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from deeproot:

you can thank me for Elvira 3.

you-just-made-my-day (resized).jpg

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I really believe The Bible has to be 1 of the best pinball themed ideas ever !

Shame they won't ever be able to pimp it on this website as they have already stated in the interview it is a religious theme.

Maybe they can try to sell it on vatican.com instead.

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

In my defense I blame the auto correct on my phone.

Are you refering to the auto incorect feture?

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you guess which one is missing? Hint - it is not one of those mentioned.

Kiss?

#333 1 year ago

That was black ink on white background for artwork. Foamcore that was ready to be made into a whitewood.

It was actually made into one machine, if I remember correctly.

#360 1 year ago

I don't see why somebody couldn't make a Larry Houdini as long as they got the OK from Disney first.

tumblr_inline_mvmxwcbsds1qiql2z (resized).png

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

They specifically said they are happy to add John's Houdini design to its portfolio of games. That doesn't mean they were planning to make Houdini.

Does this mean we may finally be getting that Marshall Brodien pinball machine?

61rsGsPYE0L._SL1001_ (resized).jpg

#390 1 year ago

I must have a magician pinball machine!

lidsville (resized).jpg

#405 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

This is going to be interesting to watch.

In my opinion, for this to even have a chance to succeed they would have to:

- Make everyone whole. Pay people back that are owed money/games from the Zidware deal

- Fix the MG games that did go out

- Make an absolutely incredible pin that was so good people might overlook all the baggage.

Even then, it might not go well.

Perhaps they should partner with Dutch and Heighway, and if they pool all their resources they could make everybody whole.

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Starting a new company by inheriting a bunch of debt from something you had nothing to do with, along with the con artist who ran with all the money, what could go wrong?

Did you ever hear about Jonestown? That sounds like the kind of Kool Aid somebody will be drinking.

1 week later
#467 1 year ago

I'm just happy this super strong pinball economy will be able to support all these new machines they are talking about making, along with all the other manufacturers out there.

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Throwing away lifetimes of experience is unwise.

No doubt!

I mean where would we be if bands like Kiss and Aerosmith were no longer contributing to the wonderful world of rock music.

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Have you seen the picture of Steven Tyler shirtless on beach?

I had to do a double take on that one. At first I thought it was Liv Tyler.

#525 1 year ago

Sledgehammer pinball? Bring it on!

Sledge-Hammer (resized).jpg

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from CNKay:

The only product I fully believe in currently is the hardtop product with image art under protective surface and adhesive back holding it all in place.

Nice!

Just like full playfield mylar where it is the glue underneath that you can't polish to a shine after it starts to dull with age.

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Realistically they are going to have to knock out a few competitors with whatever advantages they think they have somehow.

boxing-gloves (resized).jpg

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Consider me impressed with all the effort and money blown so far.

I'm just amazed that they probably think there are more than 100 people that will buy their pinball product.

#547 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will say JJP nearly went down the tubes because they overestimated revenues and underestimated costs over several years.

To be fair to JJP, they only announced and concentrated on one title until they got things rolling.

Anytime I see a company that is talking about multiple titles and big future before one prototype is even playable, I'm a little skeptical.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No reason to be skeptical, wasn't it posted they won't be doing prototypes ?
LTG : )

Good point LTG. Why do any prototypes, when you can work on four different titles at once.

#552 1 year ago

I'll admit, I'm really excited.

I'd like to get a little more insight into the time frame before all the projects they are talking about hit the market.

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did RD just run through your screen door again?

No, but a little birdy told me instead of Houdini there is a good chance we might finally get that Egyptian Magician pinball machine before the end of the decade.

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So you are saying by 2020?

Jerky Boys were big in the 90s, so that sounds about right.

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He owes me “crumbs”

Then ye shall get crumby games!

1 week later
#581 1 year ago

I think it's great that they will be able to make all of zidware's customers whole before taking a dime from any other customer if I read it right.

That's forward thinking!

4 months later
#915 11 months ago

" All my ex's live in Texas"

#931 11 months ago

I aint seen nothing yet.

All I see is talk about Ferraris at Yugo prices, and a mention of a $50,000 game that I would never want in the first place.

#939 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hard to believe the patents are worth anything

download (3) (resized).jpg
#941 11 months ago

Pinball manufacturers better not plan on selling more than 1k to 2k machines of any given game in this market. By March 2019 at TPF, there may be up to 5 titles available from DR. Stern will offer 3 - Maiden, a new title and with one more announced. AP will have 1 with their second release. Spooky will have 1 with ACNC. JJP have 1 with POTC. Finally CC will have 2 - AFMr and MBr. 13 new games vying for buyers. What if every one of them is off the charts perfect?

Or what if the stock market and economy tanks and we go into another deep recession?

This whole dream is living on borrowed time IMO.

3 weeks later
#1055 11 months ago

If nothing else, this could end up being one big tax write off for deeproot.

#1059 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It wouldn’t help DR necessarily. I guarantee you investors don’t want a tax write off Odiner
They want to pay a shitload of tax. Means they made a shitload of profit

Sure, but when a company throws a shitload of good money after bad and then the vision fails and they decide to cut their losses, at least it becomes beneficial at tax time.

#1063 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you chose not to settle then you expect to get your $$ back out of Jpop, not DR after the fact

I expect to see pictures of new pinball machines for sale from new companies on pinball forums. Not this same old song and dance.

#1066 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The shareholders/investors get the benefit of the loss and only at $3k per yr plus offsetting other gains

Better than that final poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

#1071 11 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

First you have to make a PROFIT for tax write off.

https://deeprootfunds.com

"The end result defines us: solid alternative investment funds that are designed to keep pace with or outperform traditional investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

#1087 11 months ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Unpredictable risk sounds attractive... but in pinball?

"investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

#1091 11 months ago
Quoted from Brijam:

What I meant to imply: pinball is the poster child of unnecessary, unpredictable risk.

What I meant to imply: tax write off.

#1115 10 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The one who can't be named cause it gets you permabanned.

Not everyone apparently. It wasn't that long ago a thread appeared on the main page with that knuckelhead buddying up to and putting his arms around of all people, Robin. Started by a moderator here I believe.

Buried or deleted in the depths of the basement now somewhere....

#1118 10 months ago

#1135 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Copperfield is expensive!

Maybe they'll go with Brodien instead.

51QsXMntxtL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg
#1144 10 months ago

#1186 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

they aren't asking for up front money.

Perhaps. But as stated on their website, they may be getting their money from investors just the same.

"solid alternative investment funds that are designed to keep pace with or outperform traditional investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

#1188 10 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And??.. they are called “investors” for a reason. That’s n.o.t. customers.

Yes, I equate somebody investing money in a company the same as providing up front money which obviously they didn't get without asking for it in some way. Unless they are not using investors money and are using their own from another source instead.

But feel free to tell my if I am wrong. Trust me, it won't hurt my feelings one bit.

#1190 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

They aren't in here begging for huge deposits on future games if you want one.

Yeah, I get that as what you meant.

I just had to be Johnny obvious and point out somebody else's investment money is probably at stake here unless Deeproot is strictly using their own. There are a few articles about them as an investment firm but looks like they have only been around for about five years.

#1196 10 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I suppose I was going from the position of being a 'customer' for Zidware, not investing in Jpop's company. I didn't anticipate returns, revenue, profit sharing, etc. My contract with John cited me as a "purchaser". I anticipated the product I purchased.

I'm thinking of investing in deeproot, so I can really cash in.

#1202 10 months ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

It's not going to cost anyone anything to find out.

Perhaps

#1204 10 months ago

According to this article from Aug. 2016-

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2016/08/23/local-investment-fund-betting-on-life-insurance.html

"In 2014, the company tried to sell two different funds, all debt offerings with various minimum investments to no avail. In 2015, the company issued deeproot Pinball LLC, which offered $6 million of equity with a minimum investment of $25,000 but hasn't reported raising any money for that either. That same year, the company attempted to sell another equity offering called deeproot 575 fund LLC but didn't attract any investors."

But apparently they had attracted some investors and raised a few million dollars betting on life insurance.

Not really finding anymore recent information, but it sounds like they must have really turned the corner since then.

#1217 10 months ago

as stupid as it was to preorder WOZ from a new company on their first pinball, some took it further and paid in full to to get free shipping. In spite of the roller coaster ride, all received their games. So $6.5k delivered for nib WOZ and no sales tax. Boom! a when-pigs-fly success story with a jackpot at the end of the rainbow.

It might have been even stupider to put that money in Apple stock at the time, eh?

#1224 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What IF they start bringing games to market that are feature rich and cost at or less than a Stern Pro?

I''m sorta looking forward to seeing that $50,000 pinball machine that was previously mentioned.

#1231 10 months ago
Quoted from Brijam:

The history of pinball and video games is full of out of the box thinking - some of it flops, and some of it opens up new markets.

Take Capcom for example. They just charged into pinball production while it was booming in the mid 90s. And the rest as they say, is history.

#1242 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

More like Capcom charged in when pinball production was on the roller coaster to hell. By the mid 90s pinball was in serious decline. Sales dropping, production dropping, factories closing or would soon.

LTG : )

Let me rephrase that then- "Capcom charged into pinball production a few years after the peak of the 90s pinball boom that only lasted a couple of years"

#1244 10 months ago

I guess the point is if you are starting another company during a pinball boom it is probably best to get the games out there before that boom starts petering out or you end up in a situation like Capcom. Lots of great ideas and promise, but just a little late to the game.

#1260 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Great point about TNA not needing a display

You don't need a display when you've got a tank on the backglass.

#1295 10 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also why put an LCD on a game when everyone is carrying a smart phone in their pocket?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

download (1) (resized).jpg
#1375 10 months ago

could deeproot be a cult?

I hear about all these pinball people going there. Designers, engineers etc all go, but then are not seen from again. Add that we've seen no products. What is really going in there?? Not even day 1 of deeproot. Is Robert washing their brains and reprogramming it's followers?

Their website is chock full of information for inquiring minds that would like to know.

http://deeprootpinball.com/

#1380 10 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Am I sensing a positive opinion shift for Deeproot on Pinside??

Yes, as they do have a functional website, and that is one of the most important things pinsiders need to give them confidence in any company.

1 week later
#1385 9 months ago

I think after the three year drought since Whoa Nellie, and the many years before, that is what most of us are hoping for.

#1387 9 months ago

My memory certainly isn't what it used to be.

But we want more!

#1392 9 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

How many times is Odin going to complain about G rated pins this week?

I bet your mommy won't even let you go see a PG movie.

1 week later
#1427 9 months ago

Edit- beat me to it! ^^^^

Quoted from YKpinballer:

If somebody could dig a little deeper and get a real idea of Mr. Mueller’s background and track record I would be happy to have my fears allayed.

What are you fearing? Are you one of the investors in their pinball division, and were you not told the money you invested would be used for pinball development?

#1429 9 months ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

What do you have against more information?

Nothing. But I don't pry into other people's business, if they don't want to tell me more. If I was considering being an investor, I would take what info was out there and try to make an educated decision from that.

Quoted from o-din:

https://deeprootfunds.com

"The end result defines us: solid alternative investment funds that are designed to keep pace with or outperform traditional investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

#1431 9 months ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

See this doesn’t seem to jive with what they are doing in pinball IMHO

Yes, apparently their pinball investors are feeling more confident now than when it was first offered, like some of the other funds they presented with no takers.

More along the lines of the the insurance funds they have sold in the last couple years, which apparently are doing pretty well. There are articles written about all of this.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2017/08/16/san-antonio-financial-adviser-raises-15m-from.html

#1433 9 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Looks like you have to subscribe to read this, what does it say?

No subscription necessary. You just need to click stop loading the page before it goes into subscription mode and deletes most of the text, and it is all there, along with several other articles available from the same publication.

#1434 9 months ago

This one mentions the pinball and some of the earlier investment opportunities they offered up. Just click stop before the page fully loads.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2016/08/23/local-investment-fund-betting-on-life-insurance.html

#1437 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The money is coming through investment advisers selling this project to accredited investors. Obviously as a high risk alternative asset class

The advisers got paid over $400k for raising that $ or what looks to be an 8% commission

Either way, they are funded quite well and like I said the facility/offices are substantial and ready to pump out a large quantity of pins!

We could have another major competitor here

Those that invested with them in insurance funds and not pinball funds are going to feel pretty shortchanged when all this starts to take off and the big profits start rolling in.

4 weeks later
#1517 8 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Oh I toured Stern once. They were still using wires. It was cute"

"More wires than a Ford Taurus"

#1519 8 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

A big roadblock in the advancement of pinball are the customers.

No doubt!

You've got a bunch of people that think Back to the Future and Goonies are still a thing.

#1523 8 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

they object to being forced to spend $350 for a new board instead of 30 cents for the failed component.

Some of you just don't want to support the growth of this hobby, now do you?

#1533 8 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Can be placed by robot

All we need now are the robots that can fix this shit.

tallman_05 (resized).jpg
#1538 8 months ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Haha.. and Munsters.
Holy crap.

Next up- Leave it to Beaver or Father Knows Best pinball game.

#1552 8 months ago

So many 80s blockbusters, it's hard to pick just one.

MOV_d0bfbdbc_b (resized).jpg
#1569 8 months ago
large_jOQuoMCkdPpDmXsyHKJklH2XrVq (resized).jpg
#1573 8 months ago
Quoted from Tucks:

[quoted image]

The 80s gems just keep coming.....

#1577 8 months ago

A little steel to go along with all that 80s metal.

6186H7yffXL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
#1593 8 months ago

Two pinball sequels in one!

MV5BMzZkMmY4OGQtMjJhNy00MDJmLWIxMjctOThhZTdhYTY5NjBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzU0NzkwMDg@._V1_ (resized).jpgharlem-globetrotters-on-gilligans-island (resized).jpg

jo7lS-1494876558-1530-blog-Header (resized).jpg

#1598 8 months ago

I guess the 80s wasn't a total wasteland.

Looking through this thread though, that is getting harder and harder to prove.

Suburbia-www.forgotten-glory.com_-495x400 (resized).jpg

#1604 8 months ago

Perhaps it's the music themed pinball game everybody and their brother has been waiting for.

va-decline-of-western-civilization-slash-105-lp-black-flag-x-germs-circlejerks_5504733_grande (resized).jpg
#1605 8 months ago

Warriors was 1979, not 80s.

I remember the release and there were near riots in some of the theaters. Today it looks more like comedy, but back then, they took it seriously

#1607 8 months ago

Who needs a Fast and Furious pin when you can have...

p1876_v_v8_aa (resized).jpg
#1618 8 months ago

Kinda surprised all you 80s film buffs missed this one.

p10884_v_v8_aa (resized).jpg

#1621 8 months ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Could we stop the movie nostalgia marathon and return to talking about Deeproot?
Pretty please?
Thank you.

Sure! Here's the latest news-

They had recently had a party in the break room, celebrating landing a major license. (TEASER: The license is an 80s movie many people have been craving!)

You're welcome.

#1636 8 months ago

Haven't had a good skating themed game in a while.

v1.bTsxMTIxNDIzOTtqOzE3OTA0OzEyMDA7MTQ4MjsxOTc2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1731 8 months ago

I'm must say I'm impressed with the presentation! I want one of each.

Where do I send my money?

#1759 8 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Well, Mueller claims they're going to release more machines in 2019 than any manufacturer has in a year, in the history of the industry. He didn't say Stern era, or even solid state or DMD era.

That's a pretty tall order considering Gottlieb released 14 titles in 1935 alone.

#1761 8 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The market WILL crash if there's a serious economic shock ... and one looks due in the next 2 years.

Look no further than November 2020.

#1763 8 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's hyperbole. But I think we can assume he's probably aiming at more than 5.

it also means you won't be able to believe anything he says if they don't do 15.

Heck, I didn't even check all makers and years. 1935 was a random guess.

#1772 8 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

unfair comparison. that was after the market crash and thise 14 titles would be played on route for pennies (not collected in the home) as an escape from misery.. most of those games were very simple and none of them had electricity yet so it would be easy to push out a bunch of titles quickly.

!940 then. The depression was over and games all ran with electricity. Still 14 titles and he did say "in the history of the industry".

I guess there is the offhand chance he doesn't know much about the history of the industry. In that case it may be better to say nothing of the kind, than making it up as he goes.

#1775 8 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

why'd noone do this?

Same reason as usual. Because he can.

55-48095-peter-noone-singer-1522706731 (resized).jpg
#1780 8 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

1955-11 Frontiersman Gottlieb EM 1,000

Oooo, that's a good one! One of my favorites. Play it all the time.

They'll never make a game like that again, and I'm guessing we'll never see a similar backglass like it again.

#1784 8 months ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

That's Peter Noone from Herman Hermits, a big band from the 60's.

After Beatles comes out, expect noone to get a new rock themed pinball game.

1 week later
#1852 7 months ago

All I'm hoping is that somebody steps up and makes a game about a horny monkey.

If that turns out to be deeproot, then more power to them.

#1857 7 months ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Why don’t they have a Facebook?

Better things to do with their time?

1 month later
#1919 6 months ago
Quoted from pin2d:

deeproot Pinball's launch has been postponed - find the details here:

Well, hopefully it happens while the overall economy is still on fire.

#1923 6 months ago

$750k a month for a year alone is almost 10 million. That's a lot of investor capital right there.

#1932 6 months ago

This is the most impressive statement in the whole interview-

"using additional time making sure launch titles are code and AV complete"

#1937 6 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

But, I don't have any money down on the venture, so they can do whatever they want.

Like you, I'd probably rather eat kryptonite than be one of the investors in this venture.

#1973 6 months ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

None of us have given them any money yet

Well, somebody must have. After all they are an investment company.

And those investors must really love pinball and/or think it is/was an excellent way to get big returns.

#1999 6 months ago
Quoted from adol75:

They haven't taken clients money

It must have come out of thin air then.

I've also heard with the right fertilizer, it will also grow on trees.

#2001 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is that what you're working on with the avocado grove now?

If squirrels could eat money, there wouldn't be much of that left either.

#2003 6 months ago
Quoted from adol75:

Do I really need to explain the difference between a client and an investor ?

I looked up client-

"a person or organization using the services of a lawyer or other professional person or company."

#2006 6 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m still excited to see what Deeproot has to offer in the future.

Why wait?

They have several other investment opportunities beside pinball already available.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 25.50
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside