Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbillishere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

deeproot interview article all set and scheduled for release tomorrow at 6:00 AM EST. Thanks all.

Fascinating. Link?

10 months later
#1662 5 years ago

Alright, like the old saying goes, if ya can't beat them, join them... so, here's my suggestion for the first DeepRoot music-themed machine based on the movie from 1982:

PinkFloyd, The Wall (1982) (resized).JPGPinkFloyd, The Wall (1982) (resized).JPG
8 months later
#3956 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

LOL... thanks Ben! Have faith.. I know it's hard after that run. I have to say I hope you are wrong.
I've been out $9500 since 2013-14. Never expected to see anything back after the legal fiasco ran it's course.
I really think that I now have something to look forward to again. Resolved to the fact I don't care which way it turns out.
I'd rather have 2 DR pins than 0 Jpop pins. That's what I have at this point.

Quoted from iceman44:

Why criticize your former partner Jpop?
I’m staying in myself for the reasons I started out with from day one.
I’m a pinball guy and it’s been a LONG journey
I’m ready to see what RAZA will turn out to be

Count me in for the long haul as well. I'm hopeful to visit the plant sometime next year, take a tour and sample their wares before picking two for myself. The key point here is Robert and DR didn't HAVE to do diddly-squat for us folks that were burned by Zidware but, they are. For that they've earned my patience. I have nothing to lose and possibly, much to gain... that's how I see it.

1 week later
#4096 4 years ago

Amidst all the negativity I have a bit of good news. I decided to go check out the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo this year for the first time, in part because I hope there'll be a RAZA prototype there that isn't made out of foam core. I thought about it and was like, what the heck, Let's go. So, I am. Unrelated, but due to a busy October this'll be the first time in ~15 years I haven't attended Pinball Expo, so I also feel like this fills that gap. When I looked into it yesterday I found everything (airfare/lodging) to be surprisingly affordable so why not!

2 weeks later
#4312 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Interesting. There are a LOT of people on pinside who signed up, so they should be receiving similar payoffs soon

And how exactly do you know this to be a fact?

For instance, I don't recall seeing a poll along the lines of, 'Are you part of the Goodwill claimants?'

1 month later
#4855 4 years ago

Godammit. Showing off art in lieu of something physically operational is so jpopian it's sad.

4 months later
#7222 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We have two now. Better double up on those Oscar Meyer cold cuts.

Correction: There are at least three. Fulltilt and I are in similar positions w/r/t the Zidware G/W Settlement.

I'm very interested and extremely appreciative of their warm gesture. Can't say yet if I can make it due to a conflict with an annual ski trip in Breckenridge. Matter of fact this is why I've never been to TPF... bad timing. But this may very well be the year that changes.

Not sure I mentioned it before but I did go to the Houston expo this year and played the RAZA prototypes. Realizing that not many pins tick everybody's boxes, my gut says RAZA will develop a cult following and bring pleasure to many.

Now it's time to go work on convincing the Mrs we should add a stop in Dallas to our itinerary...

2 months later
#7943 4 years ago

I'm very much looking forward to the rebroadcast of the reveal.

TPF would have been awesome but I'm dying to know what titles they have planned and if possible, when they expect to release them.

5 months later
#8980 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Well shit... I don't want this one then... Oh yeah, I get two.
I ain't even giving a thumb's up yet.

Two something's beats a $10k hole in my wallet every day.

Let's see how the next month goes.

4 weeks later
#9642 3 years ago

Are we all in agreement that the announcement or whatever that they have planned will (likely) be strictly in regards to RAZA?

#9904 3 years ago

First time in my life I literally added a spot on my work calendar for tomorrow AM that says check pinball news. Gads, what has happened to me?

#10810 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If you're gonna do a crotch speaker, at least do one one big enough to ring the player's bells...[quoted image]

Ha. First thought I had upon seeing the leaked pics was of @theKorn's BOP. You thought of Mousin. Hilarious

2 months later
#14066 3 years ago

That game play demo with Steve Bowden and Quinn Johnson was very helpful. I get it now.

#14067 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I chose to apply my "Cumulative Deposit" to the Extra version, which was also discounted to $8,500 for Zidware guys.

I'm really on a fence now deciding between the Arcade and Xtra versions. If you look past the bling (which I admit ain't easy) then it becomes a question of what material differences exist that would affect my enjoyment and use of the pin. Hard to say?

3 weeks later
#15008 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm confused. Isn't this the exact reason everyone is making so much fun of it?

Evidently. Frankly I don't care how they build RAZA provided it comes out just like the ones they showed off. I also don't understand why some Pinsiders care soooo strongly about it either. There's always this time-proven technique to fall back on...

piss on that spark plug (resized).jpgpiss on that spark plug (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#15535 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did you ever get your tour? Weren’t you promised one? Id understand if they won’t let you take photos.

No tours ATM because, Covid.

Totally understandable, and please try not to start a new conspiracy theory based on this.

3 weeks later
#15893 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Haha, well from what I've heard so far the guys that have asked for refunds have gotten nothing but excuses. Refunds were supposed to be paid out within 30 days and from what I've heard they are way over that period of time. I hope it works out for everyone and for deeproot but this sounds like its getting a little sketchy.

Friend of a friend of a friend told me blah, blah, blah - is that it?

Really?

Let's cut the BS and hear directly from one guy - one actual Zidware Goodwill claimant who requested a refund in December 2020. Till then I'm gonna reserve judgement.

#15934 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

This company is nothing but a joke. RM owes Cointaker a ton of money as well. I do not trust those who don’t pay their debts.

That a fact?

Do tell...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbillishere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=mrbillishere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.