View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23183 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So, this gave me a great idea of how I can feel better about getting taken. You know how you can send places $50, and they'll give you a certificate that you own a star or something?
I want a certificate that tells me exactly what my jpop/deeproot money went toward.
If I could get a certificate saying my money paid for the open bar at wife #3's wedding, at least I could have something to cherish.

Would it be acceptable if your money paid for the Open Bar "in Book Form"?

#23190 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Breaking news!
Announcing new dates for the 5 days of deeproot!
New venue!
Don’t worry, the event wil still be in our home town of San Antonio… but now at the much larger western district court of the US!
Dates will be set soon… but will be in the first half of 2022!
Book your seats!

Has the Federal courthouse solved their parking issues? Asking for a fellow pinsider.....

#23319 2 years ago

JJP has to be pretty relieved with this Deeproot diversion right now. They may not even need the premium package from reputationdefender.com to negate the problems their shitty playfields, I mean customer inflicted damage has, caused to their stellar reputation....

#23491 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ice drinks too much to remember being a fool
This ain’t his first rodeo and people still somehow listen to the financial advisor who backs all these grifters, charlatans, and mountebanks.
Then again his main big brain financial advice is buy Apple… Real bold stuff there

Well, buy and keep adding to AAPL and let's not forget the perennial darling of the NASDAQ; PINS. Just buy, keep buying and add to your position. Plan to hold forever. LLLLMFAO!

Every financial class regarding investments will tell you that ALL investments in stocks and funds will eventually turn to a loss.

OT:The Musketeers will experience this as well.

#23773 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Me thinks he's autistic...or something. That's kind of why I got triggered when you said dumpster diving will be his future. I don't think he's a bad guy or deluded in the same way as Robert. Just not inclined to adapt. So, yeah, not chameleonlike in the way Python Anghelo described him.

Python called a Spade a Spade.....

#23874 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I LOST IT at that. "'Ooooh Bally Willams days pinball college' and fuck that."

Ben's voice impression made that perfect.

#23875 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I remember when the "pinball is easy" and "quad-assembly" phrases were coined by Robber Robbie, very early on, he argumented by previous experience in "manufacturing something a lot more complicated than pinball machines". As I recall it.
Now I am asking myself. What on earth was that? Was this brag rooted in anything? Was it ever checked by someone?

Guessing another bold lie by Robert. Just like Andrew Heighway made to me at one of his Expo seminar Q & A sessions. It flowed so smoothly.

#23896 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

A shinny new factory is always a good start but not a guarantee
I will never ever preorder and pay for a machine from a company unless it is ready to ship - regardless of factory pictures and tours
I don't have any issues at all with FOMO - which helps a lot

Just like the statement on old Williams pinball brochures: "Available for immediate delivery from your Williams Distributor". Drive over with truck, Sign for machine (Crated or set up, your choice, no extra charge) or pay with cash or check and drive it away. Simple, no hard feelings.

#23902 2 years ago

Here are a few old ones to bring back memories of the other asshole involved in this scam. Think aboot the NDA'a this guy made "customers" sign had. I wonder if by chance he had the SEC target draft those NDA's as a precursor to their "partnership"?

28bbbb09b350bc1137505c4d5f985229f1172803 (resized).png28bbbb09b350bc1137505c4d5f985229f1172803 (resized).png16c64589cd2d2ecd23b6d9bde7a30764b0620ac2 (resized).jpg16c64589cd2d2ecd23b6d9bde7a30764b0620ac2 (resized).jpg1fdbda4775bd8d5446b9a7a0efe208d911896fad (resized).jpg1fdbda4775bd8d5446b9a7a0efe208d911896fad (resized).jpg1466421a5a7f1aeac97bcf984b01ec1165082ccf (resized).jpg1466421a5a7f1aeac97bcf984b01ec1165082ccf (resized).jpg8a7c3ee2ab55c8075f9e77726e99d7c697d7508d (resized).jpg8a7c3ee2ab55c8075f9e77726e99d7c697d7508d (resized).jpg
#23907 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

But I feel especially bad for Steve Bowden. He relocated 1/2 way across the country and changed professions, all on the promises of this crook RM.

A classic example of why you never relocate for a job unless given a massive relocation bonus and all expenses paid move. I knew people that relocated just 20 miles away in the Detroit area to avoid long commute times. They uprooted their kids to new schools and bought new houses and then BAM, laid off. F-that noise.

#23909 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Oh, and for the record, I found the winner who has earned the ultimate "I told you so!" privileges. In the original jpop thread from over 10 years ago. The winner who can claim to be the first to call out the nonsense goes to:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How ironic is it that ice is "the winner" here?

#23912 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

would love to know after spending all that money what they was actually left with, its got to be more then 2 games?? it must be????

It will come out in credit card statements of RM and his family & Friends. Maybe we'll see donations to the Humane Society and Red Cross. Or maybe purchases of the latest iPhones, air travel, boutique hotels, fast food, I mean gourmet meals, cars, clothes (not T. J. Maxx), cable teevee fees (not just the basic plans either). And remember, there are multiple spouses. Are there multiple step-children who also got on the gravy train?

#23913 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

“JPOP is the Milli Vanilli of Pinball Designers.” - Python Angelo. ok, so Python didn’t really say that, but it would have been better if he did.

Python had a much better, direct name for this asshole.

#23915 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Bobby Pinball will make a come back, and everyone will receive their RAZA. Stay Patients people.

Barry O, How are you? Stay awake there....

#23948 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Just pointing out to anyone who says they never planned on making pinball machines look at all the lumber in that photo.
That’s a lot of friggen empty cabinets…

I'm pretty sure that is King Cabinet Co. in Elmhurst, IL. They make arcade game cabinets for Sega/Sammy.

#23949 2 years ago

It should be named what RM hopes his cell mates use on him in prison: Astroglide.

#23950 2 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

I bet Iceman loves that carwash
He prepays it years out

Buy and hold forever. Add more funds periodically, stay the course. A great Fiduciary right there.....

#23967 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

What if the plan all along was start manufacturing machines from within the prison? What if it's called "octo manufacturing" because the prisoners have to be chained together? Like in the chain gangs.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This was done building Class-8 Commercial platform trailers. Ironically, in Texas (Tennessee Colony) around 2005 and lasted for a few years.. The Company/Partnership was able to undercut the big guys trailer prices using low cost Prison Labor. The prison system was paid as well and prisoners who wanted to better themselves learned a trade which helped upon release.

I had to go there to provide system training. Weird when you need to go into a prison without being a convict.

#23968 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The picture of that “payment coupon” is revolting. It’s actually nauseating and makes me angry.[quoted image]

Agreed, the font looks exactly the way that asshole loser Jpop would pronounce it.

#23970 2 years ago

The zidwarepinball.com website is still up. It lists an email CONtact as well. I wonder if JPop is getting those emails?

#23987 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey! Creating a spreadsheet takes away from Noodling and Starbucks time.
Also with all that travel, going around setting up games, who has the time?

With all due respect, you mean setting up cabinets with blinking lights. Mainly using #455 flasher lamps.....

#24049 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Honestly I’m waiting to hear about deeproot Forestry that would have grown the wood for the playfields and cabinets. Reason for the latest delay? Still saplings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Soybean playfields. Like Henry Ford.

#24188 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:How about this for our leading man?[quoted image]

I could picture RM on a Segway roaming his factory & offices. The Bally executives walked the plant floors in their suits and leather shoes. Not RM, he's too good, being a thief and all.

#24247 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ben Heck's BIBLE FUCKING ADVENTURES!

Since it will have a Octo LCD, scenes can be shot at the defunct Biblical Gardens in the Dells.

Also, if any of the Wisconsin Ducks are out of service, perhaps Andrew can lend his hydrofoil for the water scenes and Jpop can lend his Range Rover for land scenes....

#24292 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Do you mean Pogo?
[quoted image]

I immediately thought of the Killer Clown when I saw that...

#24738 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

I saw 100000 to 1 Vegas odds on this and didn’t take the bet. Damn !

Just one Canadian protecting another.

#24739 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Ha! You also gave us SCTV, Neil Young, Bruce Cockburn, Joni Mitchell, Barenaked Ladies, Leonard Cohen and Gordon Lightfoot.
Not bad!

Let's not forget Lorne Greene as well....

#24740 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

…..Anyway, here are my dogs trying to take control of this thread again.
Say, would anyone else out there happen to have a pet photo to drown out the greatwich?
[quoted image]

IMG_8978 (resized).jpgIMG_8978 (resized).jpg
#25258 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Not that it sounds like it would be worth it to Jeff to evaluate if there's a bluff to be called and move forward if so, but I wonder if what the blackmailer sent actually represented some inside knowledge and / or potentially damaging info, or if it was just an ominous, baseless threat.
If it's the latter, I can think of someone who might do such a thing (but won't speculate publicly because that would be unfair and it could obviously be any number of people, including persons completely unknown to the pinball community).

If it was via texting or email, harassment via a telecommunication device is a crime in most states....

#25456 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

0.0025% of a million is 25, not 2500.
I guess your million dollar a year job doesn't involve math?

I am amazed at how many reasonably educated individuals struggle with expressing decimals and percentages. It's not even math, it's basic arithmetic....

#25598 2 years ago

Great news for Barry O. and his Food Truck game. I found the perfect place to have them built right here in Las Vegas.

In case Barry can't get experts John the Pop or the Great; I'm sure he can poach some Bally & Williams production and procurement experts as they are only six miles away at Scientific Games....

20210907_150701 (resized).jpg20210907_150701 (resized).jpg20210502_152158 (resized).jpg20210502_152158 (resized).jpg
#25633 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I get it that it WAS A SCAM! All I am saying is many things could of been different with the right people. Not Robert being a dictator & a criminal. Like I have said no production was done. If JPOP & his games were finished & produced way back at the start. Maybe Deeproot Pinball would have survived, but not with all the bullshit lies Robert said & did over the years. The stupid Video division was the big money drain with all the employees. Big offices were another big drain, & add on the pinball staff who you need for a pinball company.

FB_IMG_1631119908301 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1631119908301 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#32421 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Waiting on the conclusion of UL testing...95% passed!

Are they using MET or ETL as their compliance/certification lab?

#32430 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Charles Ponzi certainly made a name for himself. But why do people overlook the Newman - Kramer bottle deposit scheme of 1996.
Now that was a caper.
[quoted image]

Oh, the humanity!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.