Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11958 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

ben heck is on the latest K podcast.
even if you are not a fan of K. you really should listen as Ben Heck lays it out. he is professional and respectful but speaks the simple truth on jpop, Robert, and deeproot.
its really worth a listen.

Too think, that if working contracts were in the realm of JPOP Ben Heck might still be working with that title......

Ben needs to make the “pinball is hard” pin.
All the modes are manufacturers. Skit B, Dutch, Zidware, You can imagine how those modes might play out. I bet Gary stern would buy that machine too.

8 months later
#19212 2 years ago

And how do we know if the cars are employee cars, or just some used cars that Robert is fixing to hack together and sell to make ends meet?

Quoted from iceman44:

There is a big truck door in the back. I’ll take a pic for you
Cars in the lot update coming early next week

3 weeks later
#20205 2 years ago

If the building is for sale, why doesn’t Ice call and make a appointment to view it, and see if it fits his needs?

#20540 2 years ago

New kaneda episode 601 is gold. I’m understanding why he’s number 1.
I can only imagine a few taking that bold of a stance in his position.
Chris is sharp in his profession and knows how to read this kind landscape well. Cheers !

#20545 2 years ago

It’s been what was always missing in this thread, to actually hear it all in a neatly edited show. It definitely reinforces the quotes I’ve read which I thought were paraphrased. Nope

#20582 2 years ago

Even Gary Stern would say “Kaneda’s pinball podcast is my favorite pinball podcast”, after hearing this.

Someone send Robert M some lidocaine for that burn.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Dude in no way do I believe I am a mean person, however, every time you Type I see this in the back of my mind. Give some people credit once in a while it really feels good!
[quoted image]

#20599 2 years ago

Did Dennis Nordman really say that?
I’m paraphrasing, ‘how amazing it is at Deeproot compared to the Bally Williams days’

#20678 2 years ago

If I’m reading the room right we have denial (part 1), anger (part 2), bargaining (update delays of late), depression (underway). Then We still have one more exciting installation.

#20809 2 years ago

That was your secret job first Ben. Then
Maybe that was Dennis’ extended job ?

Quoted from benheck:

You know deeproot could have worked, even with Robert's constant of "we must hire John"
There needed to be a man in the middle. A George Gomez who gets things done. Robert is the money man, and he hires someone to make smart decisions. Someone who is given lemons and makes lemonade. Such a person would have said:
"OK. If you insist on involving this lazy hippie hack, here's the best recourse: Scrap RAZA. It sucks. Have one of the REAL designers you hired design Alice in Wonderland and Johnny-Boy gets to art direct it. It has the illusion of a JPOP game but actually gets done. Everyone wins and it's an original theme people actually would buy"
But no. Robert is an expert in all things! Including mining in Africa! He was more than happy to put on the Emperors New Clothes that was RAZA. And now he reaps what he sowed.

#20891 2 years ago

1 week later
#21870 2 years ago

I hope we can at least get a coffee table book by Blueberryjohnson and Ben heck so we can keep track of all the work you both have done in this thread. All the research, quotes, pictures of bad ideas..I would buy that book. Gary stern Would also love a copy.

1 week later
#23181 2 years ago

So Ben, are you comfortable telling us stories yet?

#23700 2 years ago

What will happen to all the patents that RM most likely harbors? Will he sell them to a third party patent troll? I don’t see this going away. Am I wrong?

#23703 2 years ago

Right, yes. However I guess I meant patents like the display in playfield; things that are currently in use by multiple manufacturers. I have no idea what patents they hold, I have no idea if they can even be enforced at this point since they haven’t been enforced. But ‘IF’, RM had the power to stick it to the hobby, would he not?

I’m totally getting way ahead of myself. I’m done now.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are of no use to anybody. There's not a single Deep Root "innovation" that would benefit any pinball manufacturer.
Unless you think we really need cabinets with built in playfield rotisseries, or ipads melded with lockdown bars.
These patents will never be enforced because nobody else will ever be dumb enough to try to use any of these moronic ideas.

#23926 2 years ago

Is that a lien for a former Deeproot carwash?? Ben was Robert a fan of breaking bad?
I revisited Kanedas deeproot Part 2 montage; I think there is a useful quote for the SEC, at 4:05 in he says "there are no investors in pinball, its company money, its my money"...and how we are all stupid and don't understand reality for questioning wtf he's doing.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Here's a few other PDFs for the Blueberry Johnson deeproot Memorial Library
One is a lien against the building for unpaid bills in the amount of 164k. Remember how the real estate ad mentioned the client replaced the HVAC? Well...
The other has something to do with a carwash. I think Robert gave a loan to a friend with deeproot money?
[quoted image][quoted image]

#23934 2 years ago

there is a cargument coming and Levi sparked it. I'm going to take a guess that Levi doesn't own a car.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure it's the most innovative, awesomest car wash in history, complete with "dynamic cross staffing" and "lean-agile" cleaning processes. Customers aren't just getting their Acuras washed they are enjoying the "Total Car Wash Experience." The best news? These carwashes are all "backwards compatible!"
Send cash now...your car is scheduled to be washed in only six weeks according to our "external estimates."*
*internal estimates may vary
My god the river of corporate bullshitspeak RM uttered in every interview was head-explodingly baffling. HOW IN GOD'S NAME COULD ANYBODY SEND THIS GUY MONEY?!?!
Do you ever hear Gary fuckin Stern - or Jersey Jack - or Charlie - or ANYBODY who has ever successfully produced a pinball machine talk like that?!?!?!
AAAAHHHRRRERGHGHGHGHG!!!!

#24430 2 years ago

:doh:You Forgot: NOT buying machines at auctions. I
Could’ve used that advice a while back

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, since you asked...
I personally think it was unwise and I don't understand why so many people dove in head first, and I was pretty surprised at the complete lack of skepticism that seems to surround that project after what we've seen over the years.
Not saying anything about Haggis, not dissing them or slamming them or predicting people lose their money; I'm very unfamiliar with them beyond their dumb "hammer test" videos.
I'll just say I wish everybody luck, and I'm glad it's their money and not mine, and leave it at that. That's pretty much how I view all of these amateur pre-order projects at launch, and so far, unlike many others, I have yet to lose any money or been forced to take a 5-10 year rollercoaster ride I didn't ask for on this type of project so I think I'm doing something right.

#24993 2 years ago

Give the 25000 post to Blueberry please, he earned it-

#25143 2 years ago

Nope

#25381 2 years ago

@ scandal- When can we hear the tale of farewell dinosaur?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=mogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.