View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcbPalisade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I’d be happy to skip all the chest beating and ego stuff.
Just ship me my magic girl in Q1.

I'm sure robin can start your own private thread where you can discuss this ( - :

#1250 5 years ago

I always wonder what is on the LCD, I never get to look up there while I'm playing.

I can hardly look at the new little screens on the playfield.

Guess I have to watch other people play more...

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

...I imagine the costs to conduct usability studies (and associated tweaking in response to test results) are too high to justify...

Even "mandatory" testing, like how a machine performs at low 110V AC voltage isn't getting done. Focus groups on how the human interface "makes you feel" are out of the question, IMHO

#1269 5 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

Not to say you souldn't vary the line voltage down to 110VAC as a test, but extensive testing shouldn't be needed.

If you don't test for it, you won't find it. Witness Houdini and others looking at factory recalls/retrofits now. With a toy they featured prominently I don't know how this testing wasn't done against the 20" catapult success rate. Missed the test plan I guess. Maybe the whole test plan was missed.

Sorry, I'm an old HP engineer and at the time QUALITY was everything to us. Plan the work and work the plan.

Know how HP defined quality? Not some complex differential equation but rather simply: "SUITABILITY FOR USE."

"Enough testing, launch the Hubble Space Telescope!"

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Just being curious, what happened with Houdini?

From what I understand (I don't own or have access to one) as the wall power varies the game needs adjustment. Flipper & catapult strength changes must be made for normal operation. They might be working on a retrofit, I have no direct knowledge of this.

This is a case where what a power supply is "supposed" to do varies from what it actually does.

How many times I've been in a group of engineers that were saying "It isn't supposed to do that!"

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Why not set your phone on the glass and the Compass appears on it?

Wastes valuable battery life that could be used on social media ( - :

For that matter why don't new pins have USB chargers? People might play pinball just to charge their phones.

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

I've never seen the insides of a Houdini. Is that a custom power supply or off-the-shelf?

The pins have all been busy at Festivals so I've never looked inside, but I'm 99% certain it is a [cheap] toroid supply from China.

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Virtual pinball is OK for what it is, but I'll stick with a real, physical ball.

Agreed. Where is the 1/2 MV*V? Momentum in the real world is what makes pinball.

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

No doubt there will be a lot of old men railing about "real pinball" but those were the same guys who complained about automatic transmissions, smartphones and digital music. They eventually convert or just get marginalized, screaming bs in a corner somewhere.

"By cracky!" Funny, all my vehicles have manual transmissions...

I see Virtual Pinball happening - because it can. To me it is a move towards pachinko, not a move forward. Each remove something.

OK, time to go back to the corner and scream more BS and wait for marginalization ( - :

#1314 5 years ago

All you guys enthralled by virtual pinball will love virtual sex when it gets here. Demolition Man is set in 2032 so not too long to wait.

Me, I'll stick to the tactile stuff. Oh wait, I'm old ( - :

DemolitionMan (resized).jpgDemolitionMan (resized).jpg
#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Dialed in is a fun game but any integration beyond the sound in my ears and the flippers on my fingers. Is not my thing I guess. My opinion.

I saw the Pinball Amigos pinballrockstar play DI with their phones at the end of one session, they were way lit as it should be ( - :

3 weeks later
4 weeks later
#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

This sounds like great news, very exciting!

Think Tank plus No Manufacturing equals vaporware IMHO

#1555 5 years ago

"Bible says it's OK to play pinball, uhh huhh"

Sling Blade Pinball Slogan (resized).jpgSling Blade Pinball Slogan (resized).jpg
#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If you made Blade Runner pinball you'd have to set the playfield to .5 degrees and run the flippers at 12 volts to match the pace of the movie.

Agreed, but it blazes compared to classics like "Citizen Kane" or "The Hustler"

"Takes a long time to read 'War and Peace'"

#1601 5 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Here's my vote lol

In the same vein as my "Behind the Green Drop Target" idea. This is where all [straight] guy's dreams point but manufacturers fear to go.

#1640 5 years ago

Back on track!

DeepRoot (resized).jpgDeepRoot (resized).jpg
#1646 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I agree! We SHOULD get back to me!

Narcissistic BASTARD! ( - :

OK, we're back on you. Same news as Deeproot?

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a bad meme that people just won't let go.

Chalk it up to human nature then

3 weeks later
#1903 5 years ago

Now THAT is a great idea. Ms. Fonda can still do voiceovers just like Elvira!

#1907 5 years ago

Re: voices and age

One case I can think of is Garrison Keillor. When he was younger his voice wasn't interesting (to me). As he aged into his 70s his voice gained real character. Then he was voted off the island...

5 months later
#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

40 animators? Are making video games or pinball machines? Or virtual pins?

Typo, should read "40 animations"

1 month later
#3759 4 years ago

I heard DR was coming out with a pin based on the band "Culture Club"

Called "Comma Chameleon"

Yuk yuk ( - :

#3820 4 years ago

Looks like a female George Jetson

Doesn't do anything for me

DRAngela (resized).JPGDRAngela (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcbPalisade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=mcbPalisade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.