• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider makakka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#251 6 years ago

Many thanks in the name of pinball for deeproots efforts. Picking JPop as designer is not the easy but the king´s route because JPop is magic. I applaude every published business decision deeproot made because deeproot not only showed their business experience but also their brilliant analysis of the market. Plus they seem to have enough capital. That has the potential to bring down Stern. Stern lost the right to sell the most pins a few years ago but noone was able to take their crown yet. I believe deeproot can!

It would be a dream come true if deeproot would finish/build MG and/or other Jpop pins. I would buy a top quality new JPop pin immediatly.

That is from a mail from me to deeproot two days ago (before todays reveals especially the Nordman and Thiel signing) RM replied to a few hours later not because of asskissing but a bright light out a sea of hate and destruction.

I can understand the emotions seeing Jpop still doing pinball but the main conclusion he is a poor designer is hilarious. Yes maybe he is not capable of finishing something maybe he does not have the discipline and has a childish mind not being able for business. But he is the greatest pinball visionairy of all time. He produces genius pinball gaze noone else can produce and maybe others have to catch and form that like someone above said (I believe deeproot is able of carving out only the positives of JPop for the machines). MG, RAZA and AIW were fantastic (unlicensed!) dreams he sold for big money. Every buyer bought a dream that is worth money. For years buyers were able to dream of MG, RAZA and/or AIW and these dreams (without drugs) produced endorphines and were a tool to drop out of reality. I know what I am talking about I paid Alien le full 2016 with no machine yet not stepping back an inch and the dream world it created for me is worth about a third I have paid and I would love to pump a k or two into a new deeproot JPop game right now just to be part of the ride until release. It is about this (realtalk now): If you invest in pinball and feel pain in your body when you lose or worse get financial problems call your mother immediatly for help and education with your finances! Blaming deeproot for that is something only...(what I wrote in this line in my last post in the Alien thread got punished severely so here I mean something completely different) do.

Tl;dnr: be happy deeproot is there, JPop pins are dark magic that will succeed and now they have also Nordman

2 weeks later
#480 6 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

they fear the comments

Nonsense sry. Other than the stoner from California I tell you why: It is not about fear. He does not want to hold hands with someone who throws shit on him/his company publicly.

Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think anyone is 'angry' at deeproot for trying.

Oh man... So much hate for deeproot because they let Popadiuk back in the game.

To everyone who can not see straight: Get out into the business world to see how (broke) business relationships work so you get a clue what is happening here. I applaude RM for his balls and genius (he is like me) and admire his nerves to read through, analyse and answer to vicious attacks like this (I could not do that)

Quoted from flynnibus:

It's basically a tease for huge value on vaporware

deeproot Tech Zidware Webinar:
Is John Popadiuk working on the games (MG, RAZA, AIW)?
Yes with colaborative help from the deeproot team."

Hail to the pinball wizard! Keep going!

1 year later
#6912 4 years ago

Saturday I was playing Jurrasic Park Black Knight Munsters Iron Man and Dead Pool all standing in 1 row in that order @flipperhalle Berlin. Solid stuff but the magic is missing. Prototype 7 years in the making....guees Ill ship the money when orderbook is open.

7 months later
#8840 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

wondering if that would be for the people who are owed games,

No. It’s for the vip‘s to visit the factory like Cardy and (maybe not anymore) Kaneda. The old Jpop clientele doesn’t play a part here their role is to keep their mouth shut and be thankful to deeproot for getting discount or refund when RM decides the time is right.

#8842 3 years ago

There is a golden window for a release in October 2020 not sooner.

#8843 3 years ago

RAZA and MG in October id order at least 1.

#8846 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What makes you think that October is a golden window vs. Now?

Now as you said TMNT is still on full steem no premium and le delivered yet. That should have cooled off in 2 months.

I dont see any new reveal til November. Next stern title reveal likely earliest in November bc of above reasons. JJP just said no reveal before production I dont see that before November either. There is absolutely no sign for a CGC reveal before November 2020.

Quoted from iceman44:

He already said MG is a LONG ways off.

Damn any other than JPOP game I´m out.

#8848 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

slightly-improved version of RAZA

The agony of dreamers of the JPop myth would continue until deeproot is finally belly-up. Though my hopes would at least get cut in half if there is no reveal til November.

I dont need a JPop pin and dont really have room for 1 (anymore) but if one is revealed and working Im forced to buy it.

#8852 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

exact same conversation in perpetuity

Yes but time is an important factor. See rehash of an old brilliant comment from 2018:

Quoted from frolic:

The unfortunate thing is, we know the road from showing a demo game at a pinball show to delivering games to customers is even longer than the road was getting that game to the show in the first place.

From start (09/14/2017 Jpop reveal) to demo (11/15/2019 expo) is 2 years 2 months. So first customer gets his game not earlier than January 2022 and it will be tough to start production in 2022.

So you see at the time of that comment there was no demo thats why time is an important factor.

Btw conclusions from that timeline.

1. Thats why deproot is so quiet atm bc they face huge production problems.
2. Thats why RM said RAZA would prob produced in low quantities bc he knows he will miss the golden timing this year I described earlier.
3. Deeproots first task is to dry out JJP, AP and Spooky at least 1 of them. Problem is at the current market equilibrium at least JJP and Spooky more and more strengthen their positions. Deeproot investors were lured in in 2016-2017 when the market was weak when AP and spooky and to a degree still JJP were in their infancies and stern was heavily lacking in playfield quality and produced the last pin of the market with a dmd screen (GB). The five year cycle ends in late 2021. RM promised investors to fuck up the market with a game flooding in 2019 and that probably would have worked out... With patience priced in if deeproot is unable to have any significant disruption on the market til the end of the cycle (late 2021) there is a good chance RM will have same fate as AH ie investors will hold a shiv to his throat with the result of belly-up.
4. If a Jpop game is ready for sale I´ll buy one cant help it.

#8854 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

can't figure out where their funding is coming from

0 knowledge of the (non retail) investment world. But you saw the well paid staff on the panel in 2018. That should be enough.

#8855 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

can't figure out where their funding is coming from

Maybe you start reading the post right above you point 3.

#8857 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

SOMEBODY got scammed

Only if RM knew his timelines were unrealistic. I dont think so. See Nordmann joined he is a good metronome he only is in as long he believes it will work out. So he believed he is an absolute expert. He left ship start of 19 only then he knew/assumed there won´t be production before the end of the investment cycle (Nordman left Heighway bc he foresaw the crash).

#8858 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

soon eclipse Pixar

That 2nd studio RM shut dowm was a bit dubious I give you that. Maybe just for investors but maybe we see content from that studio in machines.

#8865 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

just because its your company doesn't mean you always get what you want

RM took a serious mental blow when he realised there won’t be a release in 2020.

Quoted from okgrak:

or think you deserve.

He probably got fired.

Maybe the covid excuse saves RMs ass. It may prolong the patience of the investors. He probably needs some fresh money to fire up production. JJP received fresh money Heighway went broke.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

see if this conversation is any different in another four months

No but a lot less emotional than 2 years ago.

#8866 3 years ago

First wave empty cabinet (retail money burned) second wave prototype (investor money burned).

#8867 3 years ago

The veterans of the first wave received this for their service.

658F33E4-0601-4C95-AA73-BE7AB0914323 (resized).jpeg658F33E4-0601-4C95-AA73-BE7AB0914323 (resized).jpeg
#8869 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

the issue is the Zidware suckers have already been "made whole" like 3 times and for the most part it always disastrously implodes. It's like a very sadistic Groundhog Day game for these folks.

I'll quote Ben heck "This can only end in tears."

Maybe its the curse of the dead gods that Zidware clientel is always with a Jpop company but shall never get whole.

#8880 3 years ago

Cary and Kaneda said in late May they were invited by RM to a factory tour loosely dated for late July 2020. That is the special recorded tour the deeprot website speaks of.

This tour hasn´t happened (yet). It is a substitute for a "grand" title launch (deeproot website). .

Quoted from transprtr4u:

all the pin manufacturers received this loan

Its a good sign maybe that 2 million is enough fresh capital to get production rolling. If RM knew deproot wont make it he could go to jail for credit fraud and lose his license to practice law. Also that vocal ex employee we had here for example could put a nail into his coffin in that regard as a valuable witness in State against RM. So that he took the loan is a good sign for the health of deeproot.

#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Deeproot email update came this am
Delayed delivery to September due to Covid and interrupted supply chains

Only lifeline for JPop fans atm (2nd hand btw).

How much will hopes and trust be crushed if this promise is broken by more than a month: Painful blow bc the covid excuse will be used up and there was no need to give that production date.

#8904 3 years ago

Will buy 50k MG.

#8911 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does anyone really expect anything at this point?

So far the only major trust blow was no reveal in March 19.

JJP (also) took 3 years to start production.

#8919 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

modified' agreements

Throwing Jpop clientel under the bus is no major trustbreak. It’s the curse of the dead gods. You get nothing. You lose.

1 week later
#9097 3 years ago

Looks like 9 days to go until they turn on the spotlight.

They seem to keep the promise to release raza in September. The timing is quite perfect before any other releases.

#9113 3 years ago

It did not switch. That unfortunately devaluates this „counter“ significantly bc (for now) there is a serious probability that „counter“ indicates and is worth nothing.

#9115 3 years ago

How big dreams can make you their b**** I’m victim as well. It’s like someone who’s awaiting trial is reading signs on the wall.

The „d.“ then is what fooled the viewer. You associate „days“ with it ie 9 days. But it can also mean „deeproot“. What speaks against 9 days is the deadline would be on Sunday. and the counter did not move that indicates the 9 is fixed so it could be a partial reveal like you assume as there is room between 9. and d. so next reveal would be the month and the year they did not reveal bc it’s not 2020. what speaks for the 9 day assumption is the cracks on the wall the viewer assumes with that an immediate breakthrough.

I don’t think deeproot cant allow another hoax with that but maybe they can.

#9124 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The ramp was a disaster

Let´s keep it reasonable. A desaster would be If it was undoable. It was doable + when you dont make it you drop down half-way.

I quote the guy from the Imoto-video: "On a new pin all I care about are the shots and the shots are great." In that video you see him making the ramp he is an advanced player.

Quoted from iceman44:

DR tried to say the ramp was "intentionally difficult".

The ramp was intentionally difficult thats why can drop down half way. I dont see them changing anything physical on that ramp and that is good.

#9157 3 years ago

Update Theres a 20 in it!!! 20th of September (2020h. You son of a bitch I’m in.

#9160 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

history is important

Too late for that. We have a release date. You had 3 years to discuss that. When Raza is out there’s a cut day 0.

#9161 3 years ago

I judge wisely if nothing ever surprise me. This date is real.

#9165 3 years ago

Can't we move on already from this?

The day has soon come this thread is in the gutter. I was in in the beginning when so much hate against anything and anyone existed who had no deathwish against JPop (a bit exaggerated) really low. Things have calmed and deemotionalised but this pesty vibe contaminates the whole thread that’s why it’s cursed and must and will go down.

#9167 3 years ago

I look forward to the Raza owner thread. Very excited.

#9169 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Bible Adventures

Wrath of Olympus (ancient Greek religion)
brilliant theme

Legends of Valhalla (ancient German religion)
brilliant theme

Any present religion
Awful theme it’s just too serious to associate fun with it.

#9170 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Bible Adventures

Any point system in that theme is wrong. In general christianity is about modesty and the empire of the poor, disabled and outcast. Stacking wealth is against the classical Jesus movement only a few Christian branches like the French calvinists encouraged wealth stacking the rest of the rich payed money to the church to get absolution for their riches. So your points would have to be constantly 0. Horrible theme.

#9204 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

we need to see facts, not puzzles

Fact is their last promise is to release (RAZA) in September 2020.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Managing Jpop is easy.

JPOP needs a staff to realise his ideas. He is brilliant in his ideas and vision and magic but the realisation of that is and has always been the work of others. Thats what AP did not understand a big mistake of them. RM did understand and you saw his influence on JPOP in the expo conference. There JPOP said how thankful he is and how much he learns from the staff that realises and build his ideas and that he learned to closely communicate with them what and how hard and expensive something is to realise. I (also) dont think the delay is JPOP´s fault its nobodys fault the fault was RMs false promises.

#9214 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jpop is the ultimate in fool's gold

There are many who don´t "get" the JPOP magic and you are obviously one of them. You are like my uncle he also does not see the JPOP magic. But he does not say those who do are fools. Nor do I say those who dont are fools. JPOP is an artist some are inspired others are not.

For me and many others JPOP is creating a realm of imagination beyond the pinball table. Noone else is able to do that. That´s why Zidware collected so much money. Just bc he did not deliver does not mean his art is fools gold but that emotional connection is what I was seeing in this thread in the beginning and thats why this thread is toxic and needs and will go into the gutter soon.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

serious design flaws

I didn´t see any serious design flaws in the RAZA prototype it worked just fine from what i saw in the videos esp the ramp was doable (on the fly).

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

From what we saw

No from what you saw you saw serious design flaws and a terrible table me and many others did not.

#9250 3 years ago

TAIQ looks great could very well be a gem like JP. It not only looks good (best art package in years from Stern) but probably also shoots well. Problem for RAZA is the theme is similar. Much better business choice from Stern releasing that now instead of LZ the timing could not be nastier for deeproot. TAIQ has a lot of interesting stuff on 3 levels (on premium) so the RAZA release must be significantly better than the prototype to not disappoint in that light.

#9264 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Avengers is a home run

My finger is really itching getting TAIQ LE (from secondary market). If shots and code is good im done probably then I cant imagine RAZA can keept up with TAIQ so packed with great stuff and fantastic art.

#9285 3 years ago

Pulled the trigger on TAIQ LE just nailed in the first k to my German distro Johann who got me 1 despite ordering yesterday evening when it was already almost everywhere sold out (a magician). Feels very good I must say. I was extremely anti-Stern before last good game from them imo was TWD even JP did not fully convince me bc of the boring dinosaur theme could not understand why any non-operator would buy a Stern.

Deeproot didnt deliver in time to pull me in and now with the TAIQW release almost any modern pin has lost in (perceived) value to with the release TAIQ. TAIQ hits is a new level (assuming code and shots are good). The theme is very similar to RAZA so it has the same max pull to me. TAIQ did massively hurt deeproot first (2nd AP).

BC TAIQLE will not be delivered before December bc of the TMMT backlog Ill may flip it NIB for a RAZA but ONLY if RAZA is two levels up the prototype.

Quoted from jawjaw:

it makes more sense to play on location

On TAIQ not. The premium difference is MASSIVE with extra ramp and underground.

#9287 3 years ago

Whats that. Australia is very big so that here for me can be Moscow. You travel several hours to play a rare premium location pin and thats fine enjoy. Almost now operator has premiums running so thats very rare you try desperately to defend your point.

#9289 3 years ago

I have in mind you step out of your truck in the outback. A vulture above you. You enter a cave. There are several premium pins running on a big battery. Just what I have in mind. Hail to down under.

#9292 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

they can be played at tournaments

That´s not a pin operation you can play them for free/via entry fee. BTW you can play almost any pin non standart that way also where I live dont turn the tables man.

#9294 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I said they are found onsite

but not with everyday travel. Only tournaments are accessable via everyday travel thats what you wrote I did read exactly. It´s ok your premium is operated next door where after work you can hop over and throw a few coins in allright you dont need to buy any premium enjoy.

#9300 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

posted on Facebook

Interesting bc of the TAIQ release deeproot stepped up their game. This is directly realted to STERN and their playfield issues. Smart move.

#9302 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

DR ever discuss different models

RM declared only 1 RAZA model. Only on RAZA he declared that, But with different color/art package options.

#9307 3 years ago

Anyone used this one already?Just send it in.

Shirt contest (resized).jpgShirt contest (resized).jpg
#9318 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

What game did they have to “step up”??

The marketing game. They showed innovation with their new playfield now to refuel excitement after the AIQ release. I’m sure without AIQ release they would have waited til RAZA.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

nice reminder for those all in on Avengers.

Got 1 from Stefan?

#9325 3 years ago

RM analysed sharply where the weak points of Stern are to beat them on that field. He found playfield quality and seeks to inflict maximum damage there with the hammer test. Nice would be to hammer on a Stern pf for comparison.

Others like Spooky saw customer service as a weak point and went for it. Spooky sends a playfield to Kruzman. Stern declines such service for „nitpicks hobbiests“ though their playfields more than anyone’s else need a Kruzman treatment.

Another weak point of Stern RM saw went hard for the kill is value for price. We saw it yesterday with the 1.000,00 $ Elvira topper out of a McD happy meal. We saw it not only yesterday but all the last years esp on many premiums and LEs. RM said he will offer a Ferrari for Kia price whereas Stern offers a Kia for a Ferrari price. JJP also went that way though they are offering a Ferrari for a Ferrari price.

RM made 1 mistake though. He declared he’ll best Stern on most titles per year. The mistake was titles per year is not a weak point of Stern it’s one of their strongest advantages over the market. Gary Stern a few years ago saw that point as a weak one of the competition and went hard for the kill he did all he can do to release max titles per year to increase titles per year regardless he ruined TMNT with the early AIQ release the main goal of that is not to make money but to crush the competition if the main goal on titles per year was to make money Stern would release less titles per year. So titles per year was too big for RM to tackle with the result of very bad marketing with lots of broken promises and timelines deeproot looked very bad there.

#9347 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Deeproot didn’t see this hammer coming

Brilliant but...Kaneda said today that the actual construction sheets of RAZA say the game will be 1-2 levels up the prototype. If that is the case I will get one without flipping newly bought AIQLE. To then pay 3 pins end of year (RM, AIQ, RAZA) will attack my crypto savings but cant help it bc RAZA will be limited RM said yesterday. Limited...

#9377 3 years ago

Kanedas said RAZA will cost more than 9.5k and with enough value for that in it...

#9380 3 years ago

He said he payed 9.5k for his upgraded RM and that RAZA will be more than that. There you have it.

#9406 3 years ago

Bc I have 2 other pins to pay end of year (AIQ and RM) to not go on my hard emergency savings it would be best if RAZA will be a disappointment. So in that light it would be best if

1. the ramp is still frustrating mostly bc you can only make it clean on the fly and nothing is feeding the left flipper directly,

2. the dizzy target on the left is still senseless in the way and kills therefore the fun,

3. JPOP had no urge and fire left to show the pin world he is one of the best designers ever,

3. overall there is less than 1 level of improvement to the prototype.

Bc I trust what Kaneda reports from the RM talk this week and insight into the latest production sheets I unfortunately doubt that all that will be the case. And just bc many wish JPOP to fail and ignorantly say he always produced garbage that unfortunately will also not be the case. I would be really happy to being able to not buy this pin.

#9412 3 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

You’re probably right . It’s best to condemn a pin you’ve never played or seen in person . Waiting is for suckers

Beware. Levi who is very vocal in his RAZA couch critique is reading that. He likes to talk bad about pins he never played.

#9420 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Price this sucker at $3500-4500

Well you know what I did. Talked to my bank account manager today to give me 12k in credit. I did that not to pay off RM and AIQ I have to pay in full soon no. Its bc these two pins take all my disposable income this year so theres nothing left than my hard emergency fundings to pay RAZA. Cant use these for a pin impossible. Rather take credit though that also is not a good thing to fund a pinball table with credit. Its bc I expect RAZA to cost about 10-12k and that I wont come around it bc it will blow JPOP fans away.

If thats the case in September + JJP releases GnR this month, in which I have fortunately no interest in, September 20 will be the greatest pinball month of all time with maybe the best Stern pin of all time, the best JPOP pin of all time and the best JJP pin of all time released. Then I am not the only one suffering heavy economical damage.

#9428 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

misguided. Kaneda said he thought Deeproot SHOULD price it high

Sometimes Kaneda says maybe to stay confidential and later he gets out of line and says definetely. Like herr. He said his RM pin did cost 9.5k and that RAZA will be more than that.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have no reason to believe it will come out as a premium product

There are enough reasons.

#9430 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

when you realize how bad the RAZA you just plunked down five figures for is

I am not buying fully blind. Im acually happy (like you maybe) if RAZA is bad as I dont have the money available atm to buy RAZA. But the le risk you are talking ie the blind spots of code and gameplay is not special for this machine. For example AIQLEs (which I´m in btw) are long gone before the first gameplay footage is published tomorrow.

#9431 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

played it 5-10 times and had a blast

And that was the prototype wow.

#9433 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You make fun of me for dissing a game "you haven't played" and you are taking out loans from the bank to pay for a game you've never played from a manufacturer who has never released a game designed by a wash up who hasn't delivered anything of note in 25 years.

And I'm the unreasonable one?

Guess we´re both emotional.

#9436 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

you are taking out loans from the bank to pay for a game

We have an unseen paradoxon this month that can knock both your eyes blue. First one AIQLE totally out of the blue just look at the subs many stated they didnt have the money but had to buy anyway just had to buy this stunner le many with the money reserved for

1. RAZA

or

2. GnR

Im 1. For 2 look at the AIQ subs many already crying they dont have any money left for GnR bc of AIQ but have to buy GnR anyway if its awesome which Kaneda testifies. So yes I am victim of this paradoxon but will by far not be the only one. I think GnR will inflict even more damage than RAZA on the AIQ front if its as great as Kaneda says.

#9458 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm avoiding wacky limited to the extreme NIB purchases. It's just too expensive and volatile a market at times.

Noone wants to spend 20k on pinball in 1 month.

#9459 3 years ago

Remember on the 28th we thought RAZA release in 9 days bc of the 9...d. image haha...the wait is starting to kill me.

#9498 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd be up for a 5K RAZA

I won’t give room to a 5k RAZA if there’s (only) value for that price in it. I want value of at least 8k (compared to lasted Stern) then I’m willing to pay up to 10k for 10k value 12k and so on (2k JPOP premium). I’m not buying a cheap machine not worth the hustle.

#9561 3 years ago

To be clear what to expect. We can expect a RAZA reveal with a picture of the final table. Anything more is speculation. A RAZA release is speculation more footage is speculation. Deeproot has set the bar very low on expectations. At least you can’t bring the playfield down with a hammer

I’m a lot less excited than a week ago but extremely curious what the final RAZA will look like. What the atomic shop looks like what the ditzzie target looks like what the Ned toy looks like how the right ramp is set up what the cabinet looks like what the playfield looks like what the ferriswheel looks like...where is the countdown.

#9722 3 years ago

Tomorrow will be a milestone in the wait as there are only 3 nights to go. What a wait RAZA was. Any else on 21st is nothing more than s.p.e.c.u.l.a.t.i.o.n. Im not interested in any 80s theme besides Blade Runner from 82. Thats my guess.

#9744 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Prince Purple Rain pinball

hoo ho ho ho (bling), hoo ho ho ho

with The Revolution. Perfect JPOP pin based on the movie but who is doing the art bc trademark of zidware was Zombie Yeti who also did the art on the comparable Kiss pin. So I guess JPOP will do nothing else before AIW and MG are released so noone will do Purple Rain.

#9797 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

How deep is that wallet ?

Wilhelm from dr answered my e-mail last week a sign that 1 employee gets paid. JPOP more or less works for free for obvious reasons.

#9827 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

lack of talent artist John

Lack of talent to build a game and ok that’s more proven. If you mean lack of talent to design a game you sound like a whiney bitch being left alone on the prom. Don’t accuse you of that just read it from some zidware customers (and Levi).

#9888 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Most of those people (myself included) are listed in the Zidware bankruptcy and won't be getting anything from deeproot.

The agreement text was quite humiliating for the signing customer I remember all kinds of restrictions and obligations. Cant blame anyone who did not sign that.

#9889 3 years ago

Tomorrow great pinball history will written. Finally RAZA in final form will be released. Especially for JPOP fans

#9894 3 years ago

deeproot Tech Zidware Webinar:

"Questions

Is John Popadiuk working on the games (MG, RAZA, AIW)?

Yes with colaborative help from the deeproot team."

Yes!

#9897 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

that question was answered three years ago

Result tomorrow.

#9900 3 years ago

JPOP is also working on another original theme and a licensed theme

Didnt hear that but regardless the combo JPOP/Zombie Yeti was magic only that combo pulled in all the zidware money mostly btw Yeti art alone. Without great art that matches JPOPS design my interest is 0. There is Yeti art on RAZA AIW and MG (and Kiss but that doesnt matter) that is about 70% of the JPOP magic I dont see any artist filling that gap besides maybe Brian Allen who did the Alien backglass.

Thats why tomorrow is so special a lost world will resurface the JPOP/Yeti combo in final form. That WILL happen tomorrow + lots of coverage from the media already there. The odds are quite high deeproot has production ready to go for at least 10 tables per weeks as the original plan was to have it ready 2018, 2019 and March 2020 enough hits and the resistance is broken.

#9908 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Remember, a BIG reason Raza, MG and AIW sold was due to the limited nature and “collectibility” of the games

You misunderstood I meant building 10 tables per week (production rate) oc they only have RAZA ready.

Back then nothing was built tomorrow we see the final product that creates pull.

#9913 3 years ago

RAZA and MG. Though Tomorrow we see the final RAZA art package and toys like dizzie ned and atomic shop so tomorrow will be a blast.

#9986 3 years ago

Lots of coverage on my purchase.

facebook (resized).jpgfacebook (resized).jpg
#9998 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

still the time counting down

Soon bedtime for u you see nothing nothing today. For me easy in the late afternoon after work.

#10010 3 years ago

I remember RM said only one version of RAZA only different artworks.

Soooon well know.

#10433 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I'm sure the German Language has a long complex compound word that can handle this situation

Well the emotions and thoughts are mixed. Some are stunned some are shocked some are amazed some are happy they predicted this delay some are frustrated some are angry some are thrilled most like me are curious what happened. It´s a stunner for all I guess.

The best word in German for this imo is "überfahren" direct translated as driven over the meaning is you did not see that coming it rolled you over and you were totally unprepared for that surprise.

#10451 3 years ago

First wave empty cabinet (retail money burned) second wave prototype (investor money burned) third wave (retail trust burned).

The agony of dreamers of the JPop myth will continue until deeproot is finally belly-up.

#10455 3 years ago

Amazing all that money deeproot burned so far for nothing.

#10456 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are you doing this to yourself?

A real fan stays til the end its my fate.

#10483 3 years ago
silence (resized).jpgsilence (resized).jpg
#11328 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Anybody that expects this to be a sub 10k pin is sorely mistaken

The cheapest model (pro) is @10k+ you think?

1 week later
#12471 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Steve Bowden is posting Raza updates DAILY

Where?

4 weeks later
#13042 3 years ago

A nice lifesign. Maybe one or two more to make it into next year.

#13104 3 years ago

If RAZA release this year the VIPs wouldnt have called off the reaveal. They called it off not only bc it was unfinished then but bc they saw problem(s) they did not see any solution to yet=> 2nd quarter 2021 reveal at best. Production running 4th quarter 2021 at best.

4 weeks later
#13871 3 years ago

Im done buying RAZA bc my AIQLE has the same spinning target mechanic (Dr. Strange spinner vs. Dizzie spinner) + the theme is kind of similar. I am waiting for JPOP game Nr.2 but will play RAZA a lot on location...AIW 2022?

#13938 3 years ago

Calling my distro today for an xtra.

#13997 3 years ago

The order start is set to happen in 50 minutes so all good.

#14007 3 years ago

10 a.m. texas time and you cant order. Besides my distro did not receive his code today for me to put in. What a failure (again). If it wasnt RAZA...

#14035 3 years ago

Ordered an xtra but havent received the promised confirmation e-mail.

#14152 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

RAZA feels like a test run for the platform

Wtf do they want to sell in bigger Nrs? The bible game the cheap unlicensed 3d theme stuff? Thats nothing better than what p3 is doing with Heist ie boring no punch imo. Jpop tryptichon (RAZA AIW MG) and the unreveiled licence is the only attractive theme with traction for now.

Btw nailed in my 2k deposit on RAZA today.

#14262 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So 'selling a few smaller titles' is exactly the opposite of what a pinball company wants to do

That´s what ruined Heighway Pinball. The clown Andrew Heighway started with Full Throttle to get a grip for the process. Full Throttle = Food Truck

Full Throttle was the reason the clown had to reveal Alien that early to get preorder money in. Nordman left soon after. Nordman left here as well. He left bc of Food Truck.

#14263 3 years ago

Imo this joke titles were planned as fillers for their 8 title opening like the Star wars comic edition. Now it seems they are standalones for any revenue. That will put a hole in the ship. Deeproot should throw these titles out. I think these titles never get produced its just for promo now. the license titles plus Jpop games are the only themes with punch + I think deeproot will release a Mueller title (not bc of punch).

#14303 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

25 pre orders in 2 days

I would appreciate if noone else orders RAZA this year to be near the exclusive zidware Nrs. I want to have the only RAZA in Europe.

#14312 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

you might be entering a world of pain here

2k initial deposit is not much pain for me. The world of pain might be for those who miss the deadline and want a RAZA 2021.

#14470 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Are the 6 peeps who visited Deeproot buying this game? That should be a clue

They still might buy this game but even if not:

RAZA is special its about abstract JPop magic. Either you feel it or you dont its art that divides and polarises. Its not about the business tricks zidware did to get (more) preorder money its about what you see in RAZA itself. Its not the best table mechanical and designwise but it contains the relam of imagination only JPop can create. There are a lot of members here who dont see it and therefore and only look at the pin with a cold eye probably these 6 also so its not for them and noone who does not see/feel the Jpop magic.

I first heard of the Jpop tryptichon 2017 on my reentry into pinball and was heartbroken it was only about lawsuits and no production. Then deeproot came and gave shelter to JPop bc Mueller did see his magic. My distro also sees his magic and ordered some arcades and extras.

#14472 3 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

some other people also saw the magic....'the disappearing money trick'

Thats not the magic I was talking about that was zidware stuff I clearly seperated in my comment. You love mixing that together to keep the hate going. But now there is a RAZA owner owner thread that is vacuum cleaned from any hate and ready for RAZA and Jpop fans only.

#14524 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

but I think that people who just pay the non-refundable deposit, will -worst case- lose more or be in for at least a long interesting turn of events.

The compensation for that is the deadline that ends before any mortal can test RAZA. Many stated they´d love to order RAZA but have made bad experiences with buying before testing so they have to pass. Noone is saying RAZA will go up or even keep its market value but the (possible) rarity of the pin intrigued me and was one reason for me to buy.

#14538 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

If anyone is considering buying a RAZA and have any questions, I recommend contacting them

A window shopper encouraging others to window shop...you aint ever gonna order I know this kind of talk.

#14539 3 years ago

You will circle with your mouse around the order button until sale is closed

#14576 3 years ago

Production may be hard but the past has shown if a game didnt make production and preorder money went into the void the reason was never a setup or line or logistic problem.

1. Heighway blew his budget on road trips to shows and low full throttle sales. He had production going and rolling but was out of money.

2. Dutch Pinball had a horrible fight with its part dealer once solved production started/continued.

3. Skit B/Kulek had a licensing problem that stopped him.

4. Zidware never started/planned production and prob never intended to.

So setting up and run production is not a big deal itself especially for RAZA where the order nrs stay in double or low triple nrs. That’s why RM want to keep the RAZA nrs low and for a that set the order deadline so he has more room for line experimentation and optimisation.

The only legitimate concern RAZA won’t make production is money bc of the 2 year delay and nostart with 8 titles. RM said the preorder money is kept sealed and not used for production. So bc of that money is not a problem. From my talks with Robert in the last days I realised he is very good in selling his vision to investors esp now where he can show a beautiful product.

#14678 3 years ago

LEZLE has 21 shots AIQLE has 18 who would have thought that. RAZA is (also) cryptic in that regard it is said it has "a lot to shoot" but how much still remains a mystery. Those who want to know before buying wont get a chance at least not directly from deeproot. Bc of that my distro wisely ordered some more xtras and arcades.

#14784 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the thread is positive

Bc I scored a 4k voucher out of trusting the clownshow HP. Hail to the pinball brothers.

2 weeks later
#15342 3 years ago

Food truck is designed for market expansion with an xtra for 10k for collectors and fans. It’s for the investors that don’t know anything about pinball to follow the dream/myth „every home needs a deeproot pinball“.

#15356 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

dumb statement

A fan and/or collector. Cheers.

#15387 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Home buyer buying their first $7-$10k new pin and has Star Wars, Avengers, Turtles, Stranger Things, JP, Deadpool, Wonka, GnR, Zep, Hot Wheels, Alien and whatever - Toy Story? - to choose from....and they pick Food Truck?

Well I´m not a license maximalist thats why I ordered RAZA Xtra. But regardless you need a positive emotional response to a theme to be a home buyer. So answer is...no.

1 month later
#15891 3 years ago

Man does not seek God so much as miracles. And since man is incapable of being happy without miracles, he will create new miracles for himself, miracles of his own, and will bow down to the miracles of sorcerers and witches (Dostojewski).

JPop is the sorcerer. RAZA is his miracle to bow down to.

2 weeks later
#16420 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

This thread is getting way out of control...
What's next pitchforks? Tar and feathers?
No skin in this game but can't understand the hatred!
Don't like it ,dont buy it..

Deeproot image is on an alltime low. They collected non refundable preorder money with the promise of shipping games in march. That promise is broken with the February update. It’s not only broken but it was impossible from the start.

That’s why any overproduced RAZAS will be sold at 3x without the preorder risk discount.

#16431 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Did you buy one ?

I have an xtra with all xtras on order. Bc I see double digit odds Ill get a finished RAZA not bc I firmly believe. The February update was pretty reveiling and is reason for all the noise atm. You can argue no customer should reveal it to the public like some do in the owner thread but although I agree this one is biased against deeproot it delivers som aspects and info I havent thought of and is therefore of customer value.

#16526 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Andrew came across much more professionally than RM

Andrew was a different kind of evil. As deeproot ceo he would have taken preorder money in 2018 years before even the first prototype was ready. He then would have burned the money of the old (le) preorders and ship games only to new orders to get more fresh preorder money. He then would continue and continue like a vampire on lust for more blood until investors would finally rise and throw him out. He then would complain that the line was rolling and shortly everything would have fallen in place.

RM said

1. he keeps preorder money locked.

RM did not

2. try to allure more preorder money in.

RM does

3. pay his employees and contractors (Thiel for example only recently got paid by PB for his alien work bc Andrew fucked him over).

He seems to have learned from some of Heighways past.

A better comparison is the beginning of Jersey Jack someone already said it here. It seems Robert also slowly has his awakening.

#16535 3 years ago

Content of the march update.

1. waiting for some final parts.

2. waiting for qc check(s))

3. some external factor delayed development and production substantially but now everything is back to normal.

RM started deeproot as JPop fanboy with his glitzy arts and vision. (Only) now he sees the hard reality of production.

A junior version of that policy maybe is Bowden. On his site he posts all kinds of rules setups and twists of RAZA. But is that actually CODED in is someone doing the hard codework. The last footage showed extremely unfinished code with at best some dust of the funwithbonus content.

#16579 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I actually DO want deeproot to fail

Quoted from DakotaMike:

a controversial hot take

That’s not a controversial hottake esp not with the mellow „zidware customers need to get full“ in the end. A sharp take would have been to let every customer lose every penny as example to not invest and trust in Jpop/deeproot. At least you were emotional.

I’m also emotional on Jpop.

Jpop does not use a computer to design a table. He dwizzles his finger in the air to make the shots flow. Fantastic. That’s art.

Jpop needs a nasty impressario like RM to shine. Like some of the best soccer players have the most obnoxious managers.

Jpop wants and needs a negative hateful climate where his art will push through and overcomes overcomes so you roll over the carpet in joy and enlightenment.

Will buy the whole Jpop tryptichon = RAZA xtra with all xtras (also pinpot) locked in day/minute 1, most xpensive featurefull AIW and MG as soon as order banks open. I lost hope in 2016 the world ever sees one of those would have paid for a tour ticket through JPops workshop like some zidware customers enjoyed with all swhizzle glitzy shine and bubble I can tell my grandchildren of.

#16655 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This was around the time people started to get really pissed off, right?

No. The release of the Kiss prototype changed nothing. Some "owners" were excited of the new JPop masterpiece the rest did not care.

#16784 3 years ago

b.d. (before deeproot) was a list a new company "had" to fulfill in order to be successful and accepted. Applied to deeproot.

1. Under promise, over deliver

failed timeline promises broken price promises broken almost everything broken.

2. Keeping things small and tight in the beginning

failed announced 8 titles delivered 0

3. Not massive overhead.

failed RM is a big baller

4. Having a true love for pinball

fulfilled RM is a big fan

5. Awesome talent

fulfilled JPop is GOAT (controversial) Nordman left some designs Oursler and Norris all proved their talent

6. Being on this site for some time.

failed RM quit pinside some years ago.

7. Many here know them and consider them friends.

failed RM is not part of the pinside scene

8. Not being total douches

failed RM and Jpop showed significant obnoxious behaviour

9. Having an original idea

fulfilled cohesive intriguing non licened themes like no other atm (RAZA MG AIW in Wonderland not Food Truck) pinpod pinbar and some other

10. Having total support from the pinball community

failed

11. Having support from their own community

failed some ex employees throwing dirt landlord selling property for uncertain future

12.1 Not building a prototype, showing it at expo, taking money for said game and still not building any games

failed RM took money and broke his 8 week promise

12.2 12.1 + asking for money for game #2 and tell people it will be ready soon.

fulfilled no orders for Food Truck accepted

13. Offering a stupid rug with a pinball for 9,000 $

fulfilled RAZA has value and is a divine pin

8 of 13 failed. Thats main reason for all the FUD here. For ME 5. and 13. trumped all thats why deeproot took my money will order all JPop pins asap on xtra with all xtras (food truck is a joke) even before delivery of a single pin cant help it as one of the biggest Jpop fans.

Quoted from benheck:

Looks awesome but yeah, just a bunch of "shots to nowhere"

Would order with help from AP it would have been a working pin. Jpop needs assistance others have to do the work with his genius as bonus.

#16829 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

John’s incompetence for what he believed himself capable of doing

A personality disorder. He believed (and said) zidware already was successful bc it collected all that preorder money. He believed (and said) he is a perfectionist who can finish a game on his own. He believed (and said) at B/W he was head of the team controlling and leading the whole built process.

All wrong. He even sued 26 zidware customers for 100k total outstanding payment bc he believed with that money he could finish the games.

RM is the perfect impressario for Jpop to let his genius shine. As fan of Jpops he was willing to lift him up to burn a lot of money and manpower to finish a game for him. AP was not a fan of JPop they were disappointed frustrated and angry about all his gaslighting and exuberance and threw him out.

#16830 3 years ago

You can release Jpop games on a loss only on a loss bc its niche taste. It’s like a beautiful woman that put you into a loss but you can wear her like a colorful scarf. I believe RM sees it that way Jpop is the colorful scarf food truck shall bring in the money.

#16908 3 years ago

The thread did run out of steam. 3 weeks of discussing the February update seems to be enough. Also ice got minced and can’t tell anymore how many cars are in the deeproot parking lot.

The thread is in need of the March update to refuel.

Quoted from flynnibus:

PBros...still have assets from the effort

Pbros needed to refresh the Alien license with a big chunk of cash.

HP had game 3 (and maybe 4) in the making. But I highly doubt PBros will make use of these efforts.

#16924 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Now I'm confused why they thought sourcing a vendor for a lockbar was significant enough to even mention.

Bc it was the only part missing. The other problem was a redesign of the sidepanel for more durability and better spacing. Thats also solved.

So the only obstacle left is the certification process.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think Robert was taking a pop shot at someone and muddled what he was trying to say.

Its clear. He only mentioned problems (in the January update) so any else is fine esp the pinbar.

As EU customer Im LAST also with the EU certification process which is tougher than U.S. bc of endless EU customer regulations. Whats worrying me is the hold on the tax war with U.S. ends in 4 months July 2021 (25% premium on pinball).

#16925 3 years ago

As a RAZA customer wioth Xtra money in (2+k skin) I tend do read a bit more careful than the angry mob before the castle

#16927 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

why do you believe what's written?

Answer to question 1: Bc I trust RM tells the truth. He believes there are no other problems.

Answer to question 2: No. RM showed a lot of naivety in the past hes a new manufacturer. Also a bit exuberant in the past. He blew all kinds of deadlines made promises he could not hold.

The February update was a new low bc he broke the first deadline (March) after collecting preorder money. Never bet against the trend. The trend is he sets a new low. If he does not ship games in April there will be a nice fire here and ill be angry (too).

#16946 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

they do state that the warranty will cover pooling

Very interesting. Where is that from?

Quoted from Mr68:

What about the no refund

RM gave the „warranty“ he keeps the preorder money locked until all RAZAs are delivered. That’s how you roll in Texas.

End of 2018 RM stated the deeproot enterprise runs on 750k/month as proof several pins release in 2019 bc „a short term release is necessary“. But then investors threw in an extra round of money to keep their investment alive.

#16988 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

time will tell

Keep the thread sizzling so well sail into the March update on boiling water. As deeproot has RAZA sizzle.

#17057 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

personal attack or using dirty tactics which he is well known for

I dont accuse you of intentional unfairness. I dont accuse you of polemic slander bc you gave reason for your opinion. And I´m not pinball police issuing a fine.

But he cant defend himself bc hes still blocked bc of the 14 day thread eject the mod issued on him. Hes like a dead mans grave where dispute about his bad behavior in life starts.

So maybe for your karma its better to keep it low until his blockage ends.

#17058 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He's nice until you disagree with him, then he's a complete ass.

same to you

1 month later
#17885 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

One company ditched John

AP games lack spirit charme intrigue mystery that JPop is known for. Soulless games. The exact opposite of what JPop brings to the table. Houdini has a bit of Jpops spirit bc AP couldn’t kill all of it.

AP hired John bc they knew they were masively lacking. Factorywise AP is absolutely brilliant (deeproot so is not) but despite high built quality AP games don’t sell bc they lack soul. Firing JPop was no win for AP it was a failure. Since then AP is a headless chicken.

RM sticked with JP regardless of all the turbulence he brings in. RM can identify with JPops madness. He loves marketing JPop design as his own to wear his feathers (RAZA nebula version designer Mueller fire and brimstone until 2021 designer Mueller)

So far deeproot had/burned enough money to finance JPop extravaganza. RM still believes in JPop his fire and brimstone might be game 3. Keep going!

#18002 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

but I give them downvotes and they go full EVIL on me.

You have no business in the preorder thread that includes voting in any king.

1 month later
#18945 2 years ago

Is braggadocio in case of a delivered RAZA allowed here?

2 weeks later
#19210 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cars in the lot update coming early next week

Awaiting your valuable update with truck picture bonus.

#19242 2 years ago

Manufacturing Update

Great content!

That bonus loan security indicates RM hired 18 additional staff. So that "no labor market" argument from last update might be gone (also bc the corona base protection is gone in Texas). With this extra 18 staff Rm can fire upo the octo line = 2 staff for each line + 2 supervisors á 4 lines.

The timing of this valuable information could not be better to ride into next weeks official update.

#19292 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

they got saved by PPP taxpayer money

Im no expert in U.S. economy and politics but afaik this aint taxpayer money its money out of thin air from nobodys pocket nobody ever worked for. The money printing went parabolic last year (so maybe will inflation).

#19391 2 years ago

RAZA, Food Truck, and TBD will make that shit look like Zizzles

Halloween might put some some pressure on the RAZA preorder/refund book (last 2 Sterns not) esp when the next update is poof out of balloon again.

#19392 2 years ago

+ Ultraman (maybe).

#19394 2 years ago

Do you really think there will be many dropouts if Robert doesn't force or at least strongly guide their hands?

See me2 am RAZA life partner. But there was one dropout last month bc TMNT was quicker (wtf? see preorder thread). Bc some of those buyers who are not devoted JPop fans are mixed into the preorder book it is possible another bummer update will crack some nerves.

#19397 2 years ago

Ultraman from spooky is directly competing with RAZA (dropouts) imo much more than Halloween. The theme is similar retro scifi on earth not taking itself too serious. If deeproot isnt nowhere near churning out RAZAs it would be wise from RM to wait til Wednesday when the fang club window is closed and vice versa.

In that regard if we see the official update today RAZA is near if not then not.

#19399 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Halloween/Ultraman has more innovative mechs than RAZA
It also did an upper upper (upper) playfield in a standard size cab.

That’s why I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on ultraman ce.

#19400 2 years ago

With todays spooky reveal deeproot looks old and rotten. I clearly expect more dropouts if the next update is not announcing immediate production/smoking quads.

#19408 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

will be good news

(Existent but) diminishing problems and obstacles!

#19423 2 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

lapping your competition

Ultraman has an old plane toy like RAZA maybe no coincidence.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

most solid block of deep root proponents...and now jumping ship?!

The customer brain at least on a subconscious level can’t understand why spooky is churning out Ultramans with RAZA airplanes while RM is blindly searching his glasses on the floor. Plus it is demoralising for the whole deeproot staff.

I will decide after reading the next update. I want to see spirit and vigour in the next update.

#19439 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

they may have intentionally delayed

Delaying collecting about 1 million to save 2.5 million is reasonable but where I’m from it’s measured in calendarian years you compare 2020 to 2021 not quarters. If that’s also the case in Texas no games in 2021.

We have for example restaurants here that do not reopen this year to cash in and save more covid money.

#19440 2 years ago

Halloween/Ultraman sells poorly compared to RM. Low traffic in the first 15 minute fomotime (RM was a hot mess). So the time for RM to update has come.

#19531 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:Congrats Spooky on building and releasing a company built on 1. Building a great relationship with the community, 2. Starting small and building up, 3. Utilizing real established themes and 4. Not trying to reinvent the entire market with ridiculous pin-this and pin-that but rather delivering what the market today is desparate for - standard form, great shooting, interesting mechs, great code and art. 5. A humble, can-do spirit.

If this were sub-atomic physics, DR would be the anti-particle of Spooky. On every point above they are the polar opposite.

Look, clearly Robert is an intelligent and successful man in many ways so he has the potential, resources and connections to pull many things off in this world.

The question is, does he today realize yet that he has to change course or will he stick to his guns and see the anti-particle method to its full conclusion?

Somehow this post annoys me bc the (pinball) world isnt as simple as described second stating what the market is desperate for.

The RAZA table by accident or not wasnt hidden until 3 days before sale the nrs. were not limited and gameplay footage was available. All spooky did not have but the market desperately craved just look up the forum. It worked spooky bc played smartly with their built trust but hiding the table in that way was not what the market was desperate for. Nobody still knows how the table shoots. Also the RAZA sales were crucially diminished by very bad behaviour and broken promises ie lost trust that probably had nothing to do with the game itself. So the nrs. would have been higher without that.

Tell this spooky deeproot polarisation/fairytale your kids that need an easy world to understand. RM does not have to change course bc you say so.

#19685 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Guessing you didn’t get your refund?

I did not apply for a refund...

In the western world we´ve got devaluing currencies so we just have to find scarce assets that are going to hold their value over a long period of time and everybody is entitled to figure out what their favourites are -Michael Sailor-

#19842 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You look like a damn fool to ignore all the red flags AND to support such a shitty company. I know people throw away money on way dumber things all the time, but come on man. You just look like a sucker, plus you're supporting a bunch of assholes

Wtf is this shaming. If my preorder money goes into the void for nothing I deal with that myself. What is shocking me normally it’s not allowed to defame a pinball company not having conceded yet here with „shitty company“ but with deeproot its alright.

#19843 2 years ago

Your post is criminal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider makakka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=makakka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.