View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5494 4 years ago

It will never be less than a Stern PRO.

Quoted from pipes:

The only thing that will blow my mind at this point is if they can sell these for less than a Stern pro. Being able to recoup the money they spent thus far at that price point would blow my mind even further. The game itself looks cool but not 2 years of anticipation level of cool.

#5516 4 years ago

Admit it, you miss it! It hasn't been in a pinball since 1976 or so with Space Mission/Space Odyssey!

Quoted from o-din:

There's that Williams innovation from 1960 I've been waitng for.

#5930 4 years ago

I assume the game isn't that yellowish green and it's the room lighting that is making everything have a weird color pallette? The bystander looks green, the metal on the display looks green. Maybe there is a greenish light overhead? Bizarre

Quoted from zaphX:

We had fun and wanted to keep playing. The bulk of my game time at the show was on raza.

#6357 4 years ago

A few messages back:
Deeproot has 21 games in design. 13 are 50% and the rest are 15%.

So it appears RAZA was the only one complete enough to get public play, so thats the one they brought. Maybe by March two more will be ready and maybe AIW with be one of them. Lots of maybes.

Quoted from CLEllison:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt there talk at some point where there was supposed to be 3 machines released at the same time? I believe it came up around the zidware reparations discussion.
So anyway, if this did in fact happen why are we not seeing the other two machines? Clearly DR has no problems showing prototypes so I'd really like to see where AIW is right now!

#6693 4 years ago

Wait you mean the imaginary oil shortage that caused us all to wait in long lines for gas? Then magically they found unlimited oil reserves and gas prices increased never to go down again? I remember

Quoted from o-din:

Gotta be. Last one was so short, people forgot. It could be like the 70s, where you wait in line for 10 years just to get gas.

#6718 4 years ago

People directly involved with Alien work for DR now? Who?

Quoted from razorsedge:

I thought I heard RM put the word out for anyone in the business of making pinball, that he would be happy to talk about "sharing" his "inovations", or even contract manufacturing?
I wonder if he might have been talking with Pinball Brothers... ... imagine if one of the things TPF brings, is a DR manufactured PB Alien!.
Of course we can be pesimistic. Consider things unlikely. Although, people directly involved with that game now work for DR? ... and other factors. hmmmmm
Whatever is revealed... there are high hopes for some great games, of whatever theme. It is exciting!

#6720 4 years ago

Oh right the great David Thiel, I forgot! Amazing man. I thought Dennis' original design of Alien was only a start and it was completed by Dave Sanders... but yes, Dennis is great too. Hope to see fun games from both men at DR.

Quoted from razorsedge:

I thought there was Nordman and Thiel? ... at least. every chance I have crossed wires lol

#6781 4 years ago

Flippers were weak at the show and are probably adjustable so making the ramp from a trapped flipper should be a non issue. Nobody would design a ramp shot to be made only from a fast rolling ball

Quoted from clempo:

I think people complain because the ramp cannot be made from a trap AND there is nothing to reliably feed the inlane to shoot it in motion.

2 months later
#7630 4 years ago

I would assume they would have multiple titles for the big reveal. If not, they may not be ready to be a serious player in the pinball manuf. scene.

Quoted from pinlink:

Does anyone think they will be showing anything more than just a further along prototype of RAZA?

1 week later
#7804 4 years ago

Wow really? Thats shocking. They would fly previous jpop buyers to the show to see RAZA as their only offering? So the 3 days of deeproot is one day and one game?

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

The launch event is only one day and only RAZA is scheduled. So expect only RAZA.

#7864 4 years ago

Its not that companies don't WANT to make a $5500 pinball machine, its that they can't without having enough margin to stay alive.
Nobody can compete with the Stern pro, except Thunderbirds so they add features to compete with the premium model.
We'll see if DeepRoot proves me wrong. I hope so!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has it really taken the other 20 pinball companies this long to figure out that a "pro" level commercial pinball machine at around $5,500 is what people want?
It's not like Stern has made a secret of this. It's their bread and butter!

1 month later
#8408 4 years ago

How about which game is as complete as RAZA and is not MG or Alice? and who is the designer.

Quoted from RA77:

Hey Jeff,
I would be super happy for you to ask Robert to show some teaser pictures or drop ANY names of ANY future titles in the works please. Apart from Raza, MG and Alice of course. oh and that one that went sideways, old windows pin ?
Would also like to know what title/s Dennis was working on and how complete it/they got ?
Big ask here,,,,,,, Some..../ Any...... game specifications that show why Deeproot Pinball will have an edge over the existing competition ?
Workmanship, component quality, pricing and level/tier structure being most interesting.
The pin scene is soooo........... stale at the moment.
We could use some tongue wagging
Pinside always provides nice constructive feedback for the manufacturers Mostly........... Sometimes

1 month later
#8559 3 years ago

People can be interested to see what they are releasing without having any interest in buying.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man it doesn’t take much to get people back into “holy shit take
My money!” Mode does it?

1 month later
#8782 3 years ago

Actually the last 20 years Segway has been making their two-wheeled, self-balancing personal transport device. You can still buy all sorts of models.
However they close the last plant today as a matter of fact so no more new ones will be produced.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90517971/exclusive-segway-the-most-hyped-invention-since-the-macintosh-to-end-production

Quoted from BorgDog:

But at least they actually produced and sold Segways for several years.

1 month later
#8974 3 years ago

Alice in Wonderland cartoon is a disney property. This is not a disney AIW that is in progress (supposedly). All I've seen is a black and white drawing from years ago, hope they got further than that.

Quoted from CLEllison:

Assuming RAZA and MG are the primary focus, nobody is seeing workers at the factory yet .... looks like AIW is at LEAST a year out from being officially announced and then potentially another year before they ship it. Just wanted to say damnit. Just so much damnit.
I'm seriously perplexed as to why they would choose to release two original titles based off of "nothing" instead of a proven time worn "and more relatable" title like AIW? Is this a JPOP vision they're chasing money be damned or?
How many Disney based cartoon pins have we seen? Man, it just looks like they're betting on the wrong pony here.

3 months later
#13824 3 years ago

Actually not too long ago I called Stern for a problem with my TOMMY that would not boot. Turns out it was a bad PIA and when I swapped it out it worked just great. I could not believe they gave me tech support on a data east game. Maybe the tech was in a good mood

Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

True enough but they are separate companies and each change meant a severing of all legal obligations to the former customers. Stern pinball will not service my Stern Electronics nor my Data East machines. I think the point still stands.

1 week later
#13970 3 years ago

It looks like the $600 support fee is optional. I assume that means you get the code it comes with and no updates?

https://deeprootpinball.com/shop/machines/retro-atomic-zombie-adventureland/editions/3

#13975 3 years ago

Well that's good. I would never pay a support fee, not day 1 or day 366 or day 3650.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

For the third time in 2 hours or so:
Code updates are free for 1 year.

#14054 3 years ago

I thought you could buy it outright without the subscription fee? Its an option.

Quoted from Mr68:

If not Yelobird, is there anyone that might have a serious explanation to the User Subscription fee? Admitley I may have overlooked something on Deeproots webpage but I'm not finding anything.

#14313 3 years ago

One small gotcha - you have to use their platform and tools. Most homebrews are using p3roc and skeleton game/mpf.

Quoted from CLEllison:

Not sure anyone has spoken about this but people doing homebrew now have a way to get em manufactured by DR. I understand this company has a lot of proving to do (and I mean a LOT) but what a great idea. Apparently a whitewood and 25 people wiling to preorder and they'll take it on. That dude with the Viking pinball should look into this. That's a really nice game.
https://deeprootpinball.com/community/homebrew

#14334 3 years ago

No way. It will never happen. If you want to design a homebrew for DR, you'll have to use their framework.

Quoted from kermit24:

If you read the Homebrew section closely, it mentions using existing tools and existing mechs, etc. I see this as a deeproot pinball lego set of sorts where the designer operates within a predefined box of tools. So it seems that any “design” would be converted into something compatible with the stuff they already have.

3 months later
#16595 3 years ago

Seems the pinbar is the boat anchor around deep roots neck, why not just pitch it, return to the standard lock bar or bar with button and give rasa a chance to be produced?

3 months later
#19159 2 years ago

Well if you want to look at facts. 3 people have a Celts game in their possession and we saw 4 more in the pics today that are getting built.
How many people have a Deeproot machine in their possession?

Quoted from jawjaw:

You could argue Haggis is running a better con with that logic. I didn't even knew Haggis existed until not long ago. Maybe I have not looked hard enough but I have not seen one of their games anywhere. Just talk and preorders. Sounds exactly like all the other startups where everyone is full of excitement and saying it's going to be different this time. Hope it works out for them and same for Deeproot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.