Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lorddrek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21557 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Don't lock it ever. Most entertaining thread on the site. And every reason to expect more chapters yet to this epic saga

I have to agree. Not content with the JPP playfield drama I stumbled across this 430 page thread that promised to deliver. And deliver it did. After reading the first 100 pages diligently it does taper off so I breezed thru the rest but other than the immensely entertaining historical pinball saga I did learn one thing:

JPP has nothing to worry about. Nothing at all…

#21948 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I think they are just fishing

In a well stocked pond…

#22497 2 years ago

I’m sure some here have seen Arrested Development right? For those who have not it is comedic show about a real estate business formula designed to only enrich themselves.

Not saying there are any parallels as clearly Deeproot has the most genuine intentions but perhaps the show would be a welcome break from reality…

#23199 2 years ago

Does anyone have a better image file than this? I think this saga deserves a shirt or two…

9523F185-FB3E-4AA6-A62B-5F7371378350 (resized).png9523F185-FB3E-4AA6-A62B-5F7371378350 (resized).png

#23634 2 years ago

I’m using this for my t-shirt idea. Here is rough draft incorporating some finer elements of DR…

034A15FC-2CBD-4714-BCF1-1D0EE9235460 (resized).jpeg034A15FC-2CBD-4714-BCF1-1D0EE9235460 (resized).jpeg
#23638 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Is the squid wearing a butt plug?

Supposed to be a Pinocchio hat to emphasize that lying bastards long nose but alas I am clearly no artist…

#23787 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I remember Jack telling me Robert was trying to Buy or invest in JJP before Leonard came along

Can you imagine the level of ruin that would have occurred if he managed to acquire a functioning pinball company?

#23805 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Strange thing to me was that they didn't take any money from customers until late last year. Before that, they were offering refunds for those ripped off by Zidware. They hired a lot of reputable talent and had working prototype games. I was there at the show and they had a whole bunch of people there servicing the game. This wasn't like one guy promising to build hundreds of games in his basement. It was obvious the whole thing was mismanaged but seems like they could of at least built a few games with all those people involved.

Nothing strange at all about this. Deep rut was a steam engine that ran on cash. When the boiler pressure got low it was time to burn whatever they could to keep the heat on. It’s just too bad the rails led absolutely nowhere…

#23917 2 years ago

OMG required listening right there. That is some funny shit…

#23923 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Here are a few old ones to bring back memories of the other asshole involved in this scam. Think aboot the NDA'a this guy made "customers" sign had. I wonder if by chance he had the SEC target draft those NDA's as a precursor to their "partnership"?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just pointing out to anyone who says they never planned on making pinball machines look at all the lumber in that photo.

That’s a lot of friggen empty cabinets…

4 weeks later
#25911 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If I had to guess dimensions based on the folded up pinball with the walls next to it in their video, I would say four 3/4" plywood pieces (that's what the jeep crate is) that are 2' x 4', plus a 2'x2' pallet bottom. 3/4" ply is about 2.3lbs per square foot so you have 73.6lbs just in the sides. Figure add about another 12lbs for a small pallet and you have roughly a third of a pinball machine's weight just in the crate.[quoted image]

It was more than 2’x2’ because the running joke was it could not fit thru a standard sized door opening…

#25915 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There’s some angled metal brackets in the bottom to square it up into the bottom and tie down to

And a ratchet strap. The packing material was the most innovative of all. Air. Lots of air…

1 week later
#26107 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The core problem is these "types" want to skip the part where it's two guys in a garage and 5 years of hard work and jump right to Triple A Studio Employing Hundreds.

Nailed it. Money can’t buy you <Insert here>.

#26132 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I could see him living in a pinpod down by the river.

Now it is clear why it was built so wide…

1 week later
#26387 2 years ago

A narcissist has an inflated sense of self importance as this jackass clearly does. That Dr. Death miniseries story runs parallel to this guy.
Watch it and you will see how the brain of Deeproot thinks.

Let us all hope for a similar ending…

2 weeks later
#26603 2 years ago

I’ll buy at least one and a few if the price is right. I want pinbar tech for my home brew…

1 week later
#26862 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This thread is going to go till the prison sentence.

And possibly after. I plan to send pics of me building a pinball machine in my garage when he gets an address…

#26900 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This should be a fine starting off point for anybody who needs to get the history and gist of this whole scam - from 2010 or so up to today:
https://player.fm/series/the-worst-of-all-possible-worlds/emergency-pod-deeproot-pinball-ponzi-feat-levi-nayman

That was a great podcast. Well done!

3 weeks later
#27243 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Weren't you just saying you didn't care to read the 540+ pages of this thread to get the full story? Doesn't seem like great timing for an accusatory tirade where you make assumptions about what the employees actually knew at any point in this very long, very complicated timeline.
We all have the benefit of hindsight here thanks to a lot of people *finally* speaking up about their experiences working at deeproot. It's extremely unfair to judge the employees based on what we now know.

It reads like a great story. Tons of characters and action in every chapter. Plenty of drama and humor. It builds to a final climax but then of course you now know the ending…

#27286 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do people keep saying "functioning pinbar?"
The pinbar didn't work. That's one of the many reasons the prototype didn't work during the big reveal.

I want a Pinbar. The pinbar cover anyways. I will install a display that scrolls thru all the famous Deeproot quotes and hang it on my wall.

The covers are already made. They do exist. Just sitting on a shelf or in a box somewhere probably quivering in fear from the threat of legal action. It’s a shame really as it would be a hot holiday seller…

#27290 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are these the original "palm hole" bleeder bars with the 90 degree angle pain-inducers, or the new and improved never-revelaed production pinbars with rounded edges?

It appears it is the new and improved version:

Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

The lockdown bar is tough, but can be made. Takes a quality sheet metal fabricator.
[quoted image]

And Chaka get some royalties for the display idea as he posted it here first. And 44 likes to boot. That’s a lot of potential sales…

#27292 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Lot's things he can't do...
Keep his stupid mouth shut.
Run an actual pinball manufacturing company.
Make money legitimately.
Avoid prison time.

Don’t forget stay married…

1 week later
#27328 2 years ago

You guys are so rough on the ground breaking revolutionary design of the Pinbar and it’s Siamese twin the playfield lift glass. This technology is not dead. It is merely in stasis waiting for the future to catch up with it…

Now those Pin pods… that crap needs to be turned into coffee tables.

#27332 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Ok, I'm sold on that one...[quoted image]

Pinball nightmare right there…

#27341 2 years ago

I don’t remember the power glove. I must have been acquiring my strength thru other means at that point…

1 week later
#27483 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm trying to imagine what creative verbiage Robert could possibly have used to sell that load of crap.

If you can sell a bunch of people into giving you their life’s savings then selling a boutique pinball machine to deep pockets is child’s play…

#27617 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This...I won't forget.

And there were at least two who bitterly clung onto the hope that if they continued to blow the trumpets of praise well after all was known they might be the ones to posses one of the partially completed machines. That is the level of selfishness one should never forget…

1 week later
#27770 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really, we got to see every inch of the Total Pinball Ownership Experience, save for actually owning the pinball machine. And it was glorious.
Hopefully someone will pick up the pieces and make the experience - From Pinpod to $1500 annual warranty service contract - a complete

But just think of the magic.
With all that money saved by not paying a license fee, we’d see 16 upper and lower playfields, smoke, fire, lasers, and of course the most innovative thing of all: magnets.
Why can you not see the possibilities?!
Finally, a true world under glass.

I can. You just listed my greatest fantasy homebrew. Smoke machine multiball? Come on!

1 week later
#27914 2 years ago

Stuff really is fascinating. Pre-sale of FOURTH Zidware title confirmed (if it already wasn't - I'd seen the name but wasn't 100% sure if it got to the stage of soliciting and receiving money for it).[quoted image]

“Small deposit” $2750..?

#27967 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

But how much of that $60 million really got spent on salaries and equipment, and how much got moved to a Cayman Islands bank account for RM?

If he moved cash like that he would not have paid for all that shit in Hawaii with company funds. Dude is the dumbest criminal evah…

#28016 2 years ago

If anyone has any info on the how and when regarding this auction please post here or PM me. I am looking for a component of little value to most people that DR took possession of.

#28034 2 years ago

This is my first bankruptcy rodeo, so I'm not sure the process. Possible there will be filings to the court with this info, but I wouldn't count on it. Perhaps you can contact the trustee to ask?

Now even the deeproot trustee is lawyering up![quoted image]

Well crapass… I’d imagine this is not going to help the flow of auction information any.

Actually I spoke too soon. It appears the law firm is assisting with liquidation of estate assets. This might be a good thing… I can’t believe I just said that about involving lawyers lol!

#28035 2 years ago

Well I put in a request for information when the time comes. Let’s see what happens. Thanks Blueberry!

2 weeks later
#28104 2 years ago

So the order is just a request from the landlords lawyer to allow them to seize the property?

The way court docs are written so wordy and final it’s tough to figure out what is an actual ruling.

Job security I guess…

#28137 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Every piece of the abominations that were created in that place need to be burned and all records of their existence need to be erased from history.
As well, ALL traces of everything snd anything zidware need to be rounded up, burnt, the ashes welded into lead boxes and dropped into the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean.
All traces of jpop after his time at Bally Williams needs to be erased from history.
Let’s bury these cancers on pinball once and for all.

Well one thing is certain: Pinbars don’t float…

#28138 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I also drop by only to read Quotes from greatwichjohn

With optimism that oozes like maple sap on a warm spring…

#28144 2 years ago

I had contacted the trustees lawyer in regards to the liquidation and my inquiry was forwarded to trustee but did not pursue it because the auction had not yet been authorized. With this new news I think it’s time to reach out…

#28158 2 years ago

This could end up being more fun than the Banning pinball auction…

2 weeks later
#28307 2 years ago

It’s almost time folks…

https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/auctions/

And yes it’s there. Let the frenzy commence!

E0F038FD-7DAA-472D-9501-396FF8E07367 (resized).pngE0F038FD-7DAA-472D-9501-396FF8E07367 (resized).png
#28310 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Fuck I wish I was raf.

Interesting resting place for it. On the way to the shitter…

#28662 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Pinbar: the most exciting innovation in pinball history!!!!! They actually said that.
It's been over a year since this ridiculous reveal and I remember the laughter like it was yesterday. I also remember people trying to convince themselves that, yes, the 4-button menu diagnostic system is impossibly complicated, beyond the reach of all but the brightest minds on the planet, and this pinbar monstrosity was indeed the solution.

As much as I enjoy your Deeproot degradation this is the first I’ve seen anyways that the screen appears to stay on the cabinet. Look at the custom side cuts for the lift glass assembly while your at it…

1 week later
#29297 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Maybe these mysterious entities are the ones greatwichjohn has been so cryptic about!

Quoted from frobozz:

With the possible of greatwichjohn's mysterious friends, to whom would that IP possibly be an asset? Everyone else would consider it a Superfund site.

Maybe he can come back here and enlighten us after he’s done taking a dump on the update in the Fathom thread…

#29308 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Sorry I am not taking a dump on the fanboys lovefest of Fathom 2.0 Just saying another finished example like #2, Rick has likely #1 to approve. How many more new Fathom builds are there Damian? Not showing of any quantity of cabinets, finished playfields, parts, employees working. Guess we got the maybe they have caught up on any Celts builds & demand purchases past the deposits for Fathom. Wish them the best, but maybe hire a PR Person or be more honest about production problems.
As for anything to come from the auction or manufacturing post Deeproot fiasco stay tuned. Likely a number of players are looking at something, nothing, or go their own route. Even Jpop will likely find another home in the pinball world.

I posted that only because of the following:

How come you were so bizarrely optimistic over Deeproot when it was clear from the start it was a flaming albatross yet still question Haggis who has at least produced something with unprecedented hurdles while being in one of the most oppressive statist regions of this new age?

1 week later
#29900 2 years ago

Like picking over a dead carcass…

#30012 2 years ago

I love the idea of Bible Adventures. Most every church across America would be tripping over themselves to get one. Attendance is at an all time low and they are scrambling to reach the pinball age audience. Ben you would be doing Gods work by getting this done…

#30106 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s crazy how people just bounced between very ambitious projects and not focusing on finishing a single one.

What’s crazy is all these other playfield concepts and not a single working copy of the flagship product RAZA. Do you know what kind of stupid idiot you need to be to have all the resources in the world and still screw that up?

Well we do now…

1 week later
#30592 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I had someone recently at work ask me if I play ping-pong. We have a ping-pong table at work but I never play it. They seemed a bit confused when I told them no and the whole thing was kind of weird. Some people know I own pins so maybe that's what they meant. I don't see how you can get those mixed up, though.

Lately I have been telling my boss I have been doing a pinball league Fridays after work. The other day he asks: “So how goes the bowling?”

1 week later
#30788 2 years ago

My 2x RAZA shirt fits awesome. Someone got that right at least…

2 weeks later
#30843 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Thank you Blueberry. I always get a little sad when this thread dies down for a few days.

This was my first foray into the dark world of pinball speculation. I hold it close to my heart…

1 week later
#30939 1 year ago

Car washes are right at the top of the list when it comes to “cleaning” things. Robert was real good at buying stuff for future plans and ideas. Just utterly horrible at actually using them…

1 week later
#31041 1 year ago

I definitely see some effort here by RM to salvage thru proxies. Turner running off with everything of value is just a little too neat and tidy…

2 weeks later
#31208 1 year ago

RM should take note of these ways to thieve legally…

3 weeks later
#31380 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Someone too doofy to scam someone can still scam someone. Jpop likely didn’t “intentionally” try to scam anyone, but when you’re trapped in a vortex of your own broken mind, a scam is the inevitable outcome.

I gotta take issue with this. With both John’s we do have some history to work from. I think the word “scam” intentional or not could apply to JPop in regards to Zidware, Magic Girl, and RAZA.

I don’t know where you are seeing this similar pattern with John and his playfield venture. Did I miss something?

#31389 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct. The difference between “he meant to scam people!” And “he didn’t mean to scam people!” Is pretty infinitesimal, and irrelevant.
There’s still some people who say “mueller INTENDED to build those games!” As if it makes a fuckin difference.

Still waiting for someone to show me proof that John G has scammed someone… Asking for an absurd amount of money in a yet to be pre determined structural setting does not count. Sorry do better please…

#31392 1 year ago

I don’t think so. He might contract out a scammer but the cash isn’t for him he wants to spend it on pro talent. That’s not a scam. It’s not the wisest course to take from his starting point but not a scam…

#31397 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm not exactly sure why you're so against this venture. If there's some idiot out there that has a $100,000 to blow, I want to be on the sidelines and watch it happen. JWICH is being very clear that he really has no idea what hes doing, he just has contacts and David Fix apparently. If anyone goes in on this deal they deserve to lose a $100000 or make a billion, see which way it goes.

Exactly. He’s humping this thing like Robert just came out and said “Pinball is easy.”

2 weeks later
#31533 1 year ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

So this guy also bought all of those insurance policies as well?

I believe so. I think he created the software that managed these investment policies so it has been argued that he had insider knowledge to be able to cherry pick the ones worth the millions spent to acquire them.

The good news for the pinball community being no advanced payments or deposits will be solicited as he will be using his own money! Now where have we heard that before?

Good speaker though. Very convincing…

#31587 1 year ago

Early this year I had tried to obtain a few of those “Pinbars” from the manufacturer after they were subtly solicited here on Pinside. I was assured that they were definitely available but the opportunity never materialized and my persistence eventually waned.

I always suspected an entity far larger than myself was able to muscle themselves into procuring the entire lot. Now that I see Turner Logic has been very busy behind the scenes practicing necromancy this whole time my suspicions have been realized.

I find this whole ordeal to be an eerie parallel to the original Deeproot saga where in light of some seemingly huge facts many choose to believe what is fed to them and assume this time things will be different…

#31593 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:The more information that comes out on this Turner news, the more I believe Robert has his hand up Chris' ass and is guiding this process along as the puppeteer. It is only a matter of time until we see some kind of long winded announcement about getting the band back together.

Agreed and have said the same many times. When you look at how everything has played out there is not one single piece of evidence that says otherwise. Not one.

I think the degrees of separation will stay in place but this is all just way too convenient. All of it. Every last acquisition. The cherry picking. The huge sums of money. The lack of accountability.

There has to be more to this story…

#31599 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When I woke up this morning, I never thought I’d be discussing the pinbar with people.
It’s like Christmas coming early!
Lol @ “I was muscled out of the pinbar stash deal by a silent player.”
This shit just rules so hard.
Will there be a custody battle over the Pinpods? Please god say yes. Or at least give us some kind of cryptic puzzle that will eventually reveal the fate of the pinpods!

Hey man I’m just saying how it went down. My plan was to turn it into a wall hanging display that ran thru all the classic RM quotes. That was my main interest and after months of being assured I would get them it was all just flash in the pan.

If you want to chalk it up as a conspiracy theory because it makes for good reading that is fine. But for me I think this is the logical conclusion.

#31631 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

It is, normally you start again with little to no debt.

The bonus being a restart with a huge profit generator supporting the purchase.

#31647 1 year ago

I love these more classic layouts. There is no reason why this could not be marketed for a couple or even a few grand less than current pro model pricing. Imagine a new pin for less than a Stern home pin. I think it’s possible…

#31656 1 year ago

How much do you think that machine would cost to build? I’d guess the retail on materials for that machine is around $2500 dollars…

#31684 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sorry....been away....just caught up and watched the CT Video. Seems like a nice guy who means well. Time will tell. I didn't like that he didn't mention the scamming crook, er, ex employee jpoop and that he would have nothing to do with him. (maybe a future video)

Yeah you have clearly been away…

#31686 1 year ago

Let’s not forget this apparently is the only guy who took no shit from Robert. Why do you think that is? Because he’s a nice guy who means well?

Awful nice to show up with a fistful of dollars and save those cherry picked policies that nobody seemed to know anything about from certain doom…

#31695 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

I should have rotated the letters for P-E-L-E-T-O-N to read correctly. Even though the layout is flipped, the letters will still need to be rotated a bit to read correctly. I won't make that error again.

Completely irrelevant and way too much bandwidth was wasted on it. Clearly not much to bitch about in the way of pinball this summer. Great layout I love it!

#31698 1 year ago

Well one things for sure: Pinball ain’t easy but it sure is exciting!

#31843 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

If this were true, he wouldn't be putting out vids, you are correct in doubting this scenario.
The only reason he is answering "our" questions is either a need to feed his ego in the spotlight, or he feels he needs the pinside base to be on his side to succeed. Or both. By associating his company with deep rot, he started in a very, very deep hole that he is trying to get out of.

He’s trying to cash in on all that code he’s sitting on…

1 month later
#32051 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Pretty gross they get to keep profits off of assets bought with stolen goods. Don’t they owe a fuckton?
Whatever they have left is just being hidden…
Can’t imagine how frustrating it is for the victims.

Apple meet tree…

1 month later
#32130 1 year ago

And we're live from TX.
"If this is a private conversation, I can hear you."

Funny how after all this time passed with remote working people still can’t figure out how to “mute”…

3 weeks later
#32229 1 year ago

Almost time for another Turner puzzle…

2 weeks later
#32319 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:I guess it boils down to "If this was intended as a Ponzi scheme, why did he spend so much money making pinball"
Unless the goal was to spend (lose) most of the money so he could keep (hide) some of it.
Turner Logic also sets off my BS detector. Paid millions to make a website and code one game... then uses said millions to buy back DR assets pennies on the dollar. HMMMMMMM.............

I’m still anxiously awaiting the next piece to that puzzle…

1 month later
#32417 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone heard anything about when their Raza’s are shipping?
The owners thread is kind of dead.

Still waiting on those Pinbars to be powder coated…

#32418 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Still working out the PinBar bugs. Innovation, soon!

Beat me to it.

1 week later
#32460 1 year ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

Yeah, basically anyone who brought Bobby a customer got a fee. It seems as if the trustee is now trying to claw back those finders fees.

As they should. There are some very predatory practices that go on and using ignorance as an excuse to make easy money should have that cost.

My mother’s husband got roped into some high commission investments and ended up passing away less than a year later. Some lucrative death benefits kicked in that she got talked into rolling back in for another huge commission on the advisors end. This was when the market was as low as it could go in 2008. I got it cancelled in the 11th hour boy was he pissed. I pulled 15 grand right out his hands. He of course dropped her as a client right after. Half a mil account was not quite so sweet once her son got involved… Haha!

1 week later
#32474 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Yeah this guy bought a couple of the racks of parts and some other random lots on auction day. He is just an auction reseller, no prior pinball knowledge. It’s weird that so much of it is just now getting listed. He’d listed a bunch of stuff back in April shortly after the sale too. He had multiple pallets worth of parts.

He better get used to relisting. Not a single deal to be had…

#32478 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

That 3x t-shirt wont last long. There are more people in this hobby who can wear a 3x shirt than a L shirt. Those prices on the other stuff....oof.

No your right. I actually scored one in 2X during the early days of EBay Deeproot it should come as no surprise the shirt is actually a really nice quality cut.

#32481 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'd be interested in some of the used P3 boards if they were like 50% less than what they're asking. Just not enough savings vs getting them new and under warranty.

Yeah just your typical “I know what I got…” type of listings.

4 weeks later
#32553 1 year ago

Guaranteed the Pinbar makes a comeback. I was promised a grand worth of them from the manufacturer for various projects and the deal just vaporized. That has Turner Pinball business practices written all over it.

#32557 1 year ago

A thousand pinbar units or a thousand dollars off pinbar product?
And why'd you want them?

As insanely wasteful Robert was he didn’t order a thousand Pinbars. I was going to install a side scrolling DMD that looped The Best Of: RM derproot verbal ejaculations such as “Pinball is easy” and “I consider that to be legal advise” among many other classics…

#32560 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can we just skip to the part where this whole turner thing collapses and people are desperately trying to claw their deposit money back from their credit card companies, while Ice sits back laughing saying it was fun and all worth it anyway?
Could save us all like 4 years of idiocy.

You got it all wrong. Turner is playing 4D chess and is going to make pinball great again.

#32583 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have a feeling the PinBar(tm) is coming back and better than ever!

Somebody is paying attention…

#32585 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The main reason i beleive this is because you stated a few days ago you had a deal for the pinbars, and that deal died.. They went somewhere.

There is so much I want to say. Just no upside to it. I live my life skeptical of coincidences. With Deeproot there are many…

#32611 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

The GWJ defense!

Amazing how one can type three letters it will summon forth a pinball demon. That is some serious black magic right there…

#32617 1 year ago

Pinbars for the masses.

#32667 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I’ll believe that when I see good evidence to support it.

You will believe what you want to believe. And unless you are just late to the party this has all been talked about before.

#32669 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bingo. People on Pinside have to stop giving these new companies the benefit of the doubt and simping for them. It has to stop! This hobby has been scammed too many times,

Anytime a new build fantasy appears on the horizon, FOMO kicks in and all the usual suspects suddenly get memory loss. As one who is not able to be so financially irresponsible it can be quite entertaining to see…

#32694 1 year ago

Well I suppose it’s good he is just letting out a trickle of utterly useless reveal info like most other pinball companies… Why go changing?

5 months later
#32899 8 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It feels so much more real when you hear the stories from the investors. Work 40 years, give all your money into what you think is a safe investment just for it to disappear. I honestly don't know how Robert sleeps, the guilt would probably drive me to suicide.

Because he was a good steward with their investments. He said so himself…

#32904 8 months ago

deeproot Funds

The good stewards

1 month later
#33076 6 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Popadiuk derangement syndrome?
According to Kaneda and Knapparcade, the mystery game is likely to be, Labyrinth.
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/is-the-theme-for-the-mystery-pinball-company-s-upcoming-game-david-bowie-s-movie-labrynth

Sounds like a HomePin title…

#33078 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

AIW is so long overdue - and definitely deserves a deviant art approach to it.

It’s taken me three years to learn most of these acronyms but I can honestly say AIW has already been done. How about AWL? Kinda fitting if JPop has anything to do with it…

#33079 6 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

It’s taken me three years to learn most of these acronyms but I can honestly say AIW has already been done. How about AWL? Kinda fitting if JPop has anything to do with it…

Well it’s been a long weekend. I deserve some berating for thinking Infinity Wars was AIQ for one brief moment. I still like my Wonderland acronym though…

6 months later
#33451 21 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

He seemed pretty normal. Not crazy like Robert was. He said he understood why we all thought it (his buyout) looked fishy.

It looked fishy because it was.

Sure it’s legal and this stuff goes on every day. But we don’t have to pretend it didn’t happen. He wrote the custom software that managed those policies. Of course he knew what ones to pick up for pennies on the dollar. But at least the cash went into pinball so it’s all good…

Maybe I’m still sore about someone sinking my Pinbar deal. They will surface one day and I expect my suspicions will be confirmed.

#33530 18 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Zidware, truly the Oak Island of pinball.
Really wish someone else would make a colorful, effeminate game and lure the lemmings away from the cliff that is JPOP.

If it’s got boobies then that rules out AP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lorddrek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=lorddrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.