• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamprey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

<snip> some people really enjoy car simulators because they'll never afford a $300k exotic car.

I virtual pinball is fun and all. But, I think you summed it up; It's a simulation, not the real deal. So, while virtual pinball has its place, it is not a replacement.

7 months later
#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

An innovation weighed what 50+ lbs on the Heighway games. Holy crap that was a bad idea.

I completely disagree. It is awesome to be able to lift the glass off.

#2693 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Only if "not that much" means 75% savings isn't enough.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Are you saying the cabinet is 75% of the machine cost? Is it really that much?

#2696 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Certainly not in a traditional machine. Our game kits so far are 25% or less of our full machine price, but we've designed our system to separate many more common elements from the game kits. The point is, if you evaluate traditional games for modularity / swappable games, you'll come to certain conclusions, but there better ways to do things.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic

Gotcha. That makes sense for your system.

2 weeks later
#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It seems logical to suspect they took the jpop back of playfield LCD idea and stretched it to fill the entire back. However, obstructed view would still be a major problem.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Well looking at this picture of Magic Girl, to fix the obstruction I would make it wide and thin so that it sat as high as possible in the back of the playfield. Kinda like the aspect ratio of the clip.[quoted image]

I thought Robert was a big proponent of looking at existing games and looking at what they do well and not so well? I guess I could be persuaded that putting a screen where it is in Magic Girl might be innovative, but I don't think it is a very good place for it due to visibility.

Now, if they put an screen in the backboard, I could see it being used to having changing scenery. But, I don't think "the" display in that location is a good place for it.

#3069 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I don't know, last night I watched the SpaceX rocket take off from Houston. The booster rockets were spent and split off after about 4 minutes. 4 minutes later they landed perfectly upright in Cape Canaveral Florida at the exact same time. All done in 8 minutes! Musk is making real magic happen.

Not that landing the boosters is trivial but, compared with an self-driving car, it is rather trivial.

And when I'm talking self-driving, I mean it can take you kids and drop them off and school and come home "self-driving."

#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

And bringing a point of my previous post. Does a pingame without visually identifiable switches feel right?

Alien has inductive switches, so you don't see them and I think it is awesome to not have a cut into the playfield to put a switch through. It doesn't affect the feel of the game to me.

3 months later
#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anchor Bay copies of SH has Alan Spencer on camera specifically stating that they removed the laugh track so fans can laugh when they want to as opposed to where they “should.”[quoted image][quoted image]

Dang.. Good info. I might have to pick up a copy...!

3 weeks later
#4798 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The point was what people think they see... isn't always what they think it is. The PF didn't look dimpled at all before refinishing the surface.

Now sure why you would say that. The dimpling is clear as day in all the photos. But, that's what I call reasonable and expected dimpling.

It's been shown scientifically, with a wood hardness tester, that the playfields that "crater" are softer than those that "dimple." It's not rocket science here. But, people dismiss the facts because it doesn't fit their narrative that steel is harder than wood, thus the "craters" are normal rubbish perpetuated by many.

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Surprised with all the pinballs I've dropped, they don't put a dent in my oak hardwood floor. Or how, although not steel, a 100 MPH fastball won't dent a wooden bat.

I like it! Replace the laminated plywood playfields with solid oak!

#4808 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I know I have ranted about this before but to be brief(ish):
I agree that newer games look like they have more dimples and dimple faster than older games.
Is this caused by different clear, different lighting, softer wood, etc...that I do not know.
What I do know is you really need to be careful interpreting the results and be familiar with the hardness scale and accuracy. (Even when the test itself is done correctly and the sample size is statistically meaningful). The test results I am aware of do not rise to the level of “scientifically proven”.

Fully agree. I didn't claim it was proven, just that it was, perhaps, more scientific than someone dropping a ball on the wood under the apron and posting a pic. Those professional harness testing machines are pricey too!

It just baffles me that people will ignore hard (no pun intended) facts. But, such is life I suppose.

2 months later
#6833 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I just bought new coils from Terry at PBL for the weak ones on LOTR and was done with it. No more weak flippers.

Those coils are way too powerful for LOTR. If you are happy then I guess that is all that matters. However, if you are interested, there is a better alternative, the APB coils:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1065-apb-enterprises/01414-new-stern-pinball-medium-power-coil-lord-of-the-rings-gnr

2 months later
#7501 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

so are we saying now, that if we don’t have something interesting and insightful to post, we shouldn’t post at all?

Dare to dream..

2 weeks later
#7775 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have never down voted anyone. It just seems childish. Right or wrong everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I do roll my eyes a lot reading some posts(mostly the flu ones about wearing dust masks).

Seriously. It's funny all the people that get upset about getting a down vote.

I turned the voting system off because I think it's silly and doesn't promote discussion. But, people seem to like it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamprey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.