New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 203700)

deeproot Pinball thread

By pin2d

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,030 posts
  • 845 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,181 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

44ECBA36-582D-4734-9AF2-28FE35DA29C9 (resized).jpeg
Evil Rudy (resized).jpg
BF7049A6-286B-4F9C-A07C-98A47E6CCB2A (resized).jpeg
sloth01.gif
z3fun-house (resized).jpg
z2pinball-photo-essay1_2040.1419980135 (resized).jpg
z1maxresdefault (resized).jpg
z0Rudy (resized).jpg
0CD54055-AAA0-4F04-9A5D-04E164D06CB0 (resized).jpeg
Gay 90s (resized).jpg
1101f1 (resized).jpg
681B9653-14B6-402A-8A8D-B8E313A76F91 (resized).png
wrong (resized).jpg
20201022_224804 (resized).jpg
A864C0E7-DB54-4EE6-9B63-B31D4EB6EA5A (resized).jpeg
Sean Connery Jeopardy (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (11 months ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (11 months ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (11 months ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (11 months ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (11 months ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (11 months ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (11 months ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1441 2 years ago

I mean just imagine a working MG, RAZA, AIW or Houdini to begin with...they could clean up.

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The first Deeproot pin will go down in history as the recession pin, by the time it hits the market, the economy will be on its way down. Seems comical.

You know you have point there, the market is flooded and the market over all is long in the tooth, but I think if a pinball that's has a wow factor comes out most pinheads here will purchase. Maybe not like in 2015, but still.

11 months later
#4790 1 year ago

I just want to chime in and ask where the f@ck where you guys hiding when I was fighting this dimple battle in the other threads? Well better late than never...pfft

2 months later
#5838 11 months ago

Cool design, but needs a bit a bit of tweaking to make it shoot better in my opinion (Maybe Nordman can help him). The ramp is obviously too steep, also DR can also save money by removing the Duck mech and maybe adding drops instead..? I would've also moved the atomic shop out of the way and moved it to the side where the spinning disc is located. This move would have helped with the flow on that side, but just my opinion. Nice LCD and animations tho. I think more competition is healthy....Best of luck DR!

#5934 11 months ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Jpop is not a genius.

Yes, he has the ability to make beautiful looking machines that do not shoot well, even his successful titles have issues. He throws a bunch of things together without thinking how they'll interact together. But this time Robert is in charge he can take the whole project and give it to Dennis to clean up.

#5952 11 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Why the fuck would you wish that on Nordman, or anybody else, or want the time wasted? A polished turd is still a turd.

Well, I think it's fixable. It needs a Pinball designer not a Pinball dreamer to fix it.

#6123 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

i think there is almost no big name designer that can make a complete pinball machine alone.
Maybe John Borg because he does megs also.
Homebrew builders have to do everything themselves.

Brian Eddy, has done it all, maybe even Lawlor can do almost all of it...but it's not an efficient system. I hate to say it but Jpop is showing us he can't be left unsupervised. I hope RM can see him for what he is and maybe use him in a smarter way, for example, let him just design concepts and mechs, then hand it off to other designers and mech engineers to realize.

#6164 11 months ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Agreed that Craig (VP, Eng) and Sean (VP, Ops) were really gracious hosts. We had a great time talking with them.
I can reiterate your comments about Deeproot's "silence": They are watching here and listening, just like any other manufacturer. They do have - IMHO - a proper assessment of where they stand, what the community is asking for (where reasonable and informed), and I get the impression they have more under the hood (figuratively) than they showed at Houston. As I mentioned separately, I think this was just a field test for them. There's a reason the word "prototype" was used *many* times leading up to this.
I'm really excited to see them take the wraps off of everything at TPF and see how much of Robert's swagger becomes reality.

Thanks for the info, it's good to see them engaged....the positive and negative comments can both be useful in the proper context. Honestly, Deeproot deserves praise for bringing a real working prototype to this event and not just a box of lights or slide show....The animations are top notch, and there is no shortage of toys on the pf...like I said in the earlier post, it needs tweaking and hopefully they will go back with some good notes. I'm cautiously optimistic, it's a first effort, and I think DR is only going to get better at this.

#6294 11 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Stern will be the only company to survive a recession and if you or Robert don’t understand that.........You need to rethink your perspective.

Umm, not so fast. JJP has a multi-millionaire backing them. Spooky is so lean they’d survive a nuclear winter, DR is run by a hedge fund guy, he knows what’s coming too. So a few can easily survive..

#6298 11 months ago
Quoted from adol75:

I wouldn’t call 750k$ a month to release an unfinished prototype, that looks like nothing but another pinball, a low fixed costs.
The guy has 0 experience in pinball and a company that’s barely anywhere, how can he not be laughed at for making this comment ?

I’ve never believed that 750k a month number, think about it an average professional employee makes about 5k to 6k a month in Texas add benefits and real estate rental, I just don’t see how you could come close to half that number with 20 or so employees. Unless he has other businesses and costs that he’s counting towards that number that have nothing to do with pinball.

#6325 11 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Well AMEN to That, at least!

Probably average cost of a pro is 2500 or less for them

#6355 11 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

From my point of view, it's patently obvious that JPop is both a terrible art director and things went badly wrong for you.
The stuff he had you do stands out like a sore thumb as being way below the calibre of any of your other work - pinball or other. The colour work - no offense - is bad, quite apart from the design direction.
Also, his version of Houdini .... god that was hideous. Matt Andrews then goes and does a very decent package for TNA immediately afterwards.
I don't understand why people think JPop is some kind of god in this respect. He isn't.
Moreover he repeatedly tried to pass off artists' work as his own, including yours.

Ok, now Dave, I have to disagree, the Jpop Houdini art was much better and TNA's art reveal kicked off a shitstorm on here, and rightfullly so..

#6407 11 months ago

The biggest bombshell to me was the playfield testing that they did, he says the dimple issue is a quality/engineering issue. A few of us have been saying that for a while. According to Robert they tested their pfs with hammer and no dimples no mark what so ever.

#6665 11 months ago

That last Kaneda podcast with the Oklahoma State champ was great, that guy's commentary was just stellar.

9 months later
#10163 39 days ago

I think we all just got deep-rooted

#10167 39 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

What if that was the reveal...

Lol, yeah, kinda fitting...no manufacturing, just concepts.

#11307 37 days ago

Yeah, let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.....the cabinet without the gap and the wraparound art is definitely eye catching and cool. The PF with the new hardcoat is something to be applauded too. The removable armor/glass is also groundbreaking. The only thing that smacks of over engineering is the Pinbar....this is an added cost that could have been just software...no need for an expensive screen, you could have just used the main display for all that content, minus the virtual buttons of course. But all in all this could've been a great reveal if it was planned better.
Robert if you're reading this....you're probably the reason why things are not done, you need to learn to walk before you can run.....slow down, and setup the line and start cranking out games....Also I hate to say it but you need to hire someone like Kaneda to help you with the marketing.

#11465 37 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My hope is that these guys start pumping out great games with all the new features and technology. For the life of me I can't see any reason to bash these guys. So one employee has a failed venture...shit happens....get over it. If anything they could push other manufacturers to do better....i.e Stern and their shitty play fields.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of bitching about a company that hasn't asked for any deposit money. Not to mention this company is the only way Jpop's victims will ever get to see anything for all that money they threw away.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
£ 32.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
API Houdini Out of stock
The MOD Couple
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
B & K Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside