View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1586 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It's got to be Buckaroo Banzai.
Back to the Future stole so many things from this film it's not even funny.

BTTD *executed* so many things *better* originally done in Buckaroo Banzai.... carry on.

#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Man you are the reason why pinside sucks sometimes... just relax it's just pinball. They are trying to guess the 80s movie that deeproot is making. How is that different than the color dmd guess threads?

I kinda think Captain-Flint is the reason pinside sucks sometimes.. or maybe it’s new people who act like they aren’t... or people that go off topic for 50 pages of irrelevant nonsense.. it’s been so long since I’ve seen a relevant post in here I forget!

#1700 5 years ago

Everyone but jpop got applause after they introduced themselves and shared their story.. that’s gotta hurt..

#1712 5 years ago

I’m really disappointed in this expo talk.
I have a lot of respect for Steve Bowden, Barry Ousler, and Dennis Nordman. I don’t know the other artists.. So I mean no disrespect to them..

There has been no substance.. Robert is asking questions to the team that’s mostly about their approach to pinball, design etc. JPop rambles on for way too long and says things that directly conflict with how he has executed in the past. I love these designers, but have heard their stories a thousand times at these panels..

This seemed woefully unprepared and last minute. No slides/video or even a static image projected and seemingly loose agenda/message. I would expect with such a powerhouse team and seemingly infinite budget, that at least some slides could be put together. David Thiels presentation that he did himself on Q*Berts audio blew this entire presentation out of the water.

It seems that the company’s plan is to hire big name talent, give them complete freedom, promise everyone the world and hope it all works out. (My opinion). I think this is reflected in the presentation today.

Roberts Main message - We are working hard behind the scenes .. ahead on some things behind on others.. we set a deadline for ourselves, and coming at TPF in March “some amazing things”.

Other main points and “big” promises - Magic girls shipped without the floating ball trick working, it’s never been done and hard to do, but deeproot has solved that problem.

They are going with a one tiered model and one tiered price. Would love to get prices lower than any pinball company has ever been done, with more toys than other games. They will be working on higher end games and will have something for all price ranges.

“Will release more than any manufacturer in history, and more titles that has ever been released in one year”

I don’t want to throw shade on anyone working to expand pinball and bring new technology and games to the market. But my “spidey-sense” is off the charts.. they aren’t taking preorders or money so, no harm in it.. but I can’t put my finger on the gameplan.

#1718 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

oh man, please fill us in.

“Dennis, what are you making red water, blue water?” Dennis said “dish water” but Ritchie didn’t hear him.

“Barry what are you making another comet game?” (Edited: he said “comet” Not “copy”)

“Hi John”

“That’s it, thanks bye!”

#1722 5 years ago

The hint at the end was

“Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland”

Heard Robert say to someone that he recently played the “release candidate” for RAZA and loves it. Someone else guessed “Cosmic Chaos” and Robert conformed it was one of those. So.. probably RAZA at TPF

#1726 5 years ago

They also referenced the ad in the expo program as a hint.. seems to resonate with RAZA

E60A5993-D016-48B0-ADF2-AB2610680FFC (resized).jpegE60A5993-D016-48B0-ADF2-AB2610680FFC (resized).jpeg
#1748 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Also, Ritchie definitely asked Barry Oursler if he could make another Comet. Nothing to do with copying.

Thanks I corrected this.

For the others that were there, what were the guesses at the end for what the game to be released at TPF would be? I heard.. RAZA, Kosmic Khaos (the Mark Ritchie concept idea), but there were 1-2 others. Robert confirmed that one of those guessed was correct.

You may be right that it isn’t RAZA, Ed from TPF was in front of us and said to his wife “what’s RAZA?” I assume he would know the next game to be released there.

#1749 5 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

I actually enjoyed the seminar. It was well structured and they talked about as much as they could without revealing too much

We must have been in different talks, they didn’t reveal anything.. and the whole thing was ad libbed.

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People questioning 5 in one year and what that does to sales... remember he may not make 5 of the same type of thing.
He could make a video pin, a home pin, a stern-level pin, etc

That’s a good point and Robert did mention they are making a variety of games of different tiers.. but not the same game, with different packages..

#1769 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

This must be some kind of cross-cultural misunderstanding. In the US, showing up at an event like this and walking out IS THE PROTEST.
Of course it is far more effective when people do it en masse, than individually. But when 1/4 - 3/4 of the crowd gets up and walks out on a speaker after they have been introduced it is a pretty effective way of conveying the message.
There are other forms of protest too, but I’m starting to think that in Germany the “walkout” isn’t one of them.

In germany they will just make Jpop drive a car of slightly inferior quality..

#1782 5 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I just don’t.......
Is anyone actually going to give money to a company who hired a man that stole thousands of dollars from our community?
Are we that myopic and forgetful? Do we actually reward companies for making shit moral decisions like this?
I don’t need a Deeproot pinball machine.
You don’t either.
We have plenty of options. Deeproot hired John after we all knew he was a crook so what’s that day about their morality? It tells me that it’s for sale and that’s not how I roll.
Fire Jpop. Until then, I’m boycotting DR.

Yeah.. even Jpop seems dillusional about the crimes he committed against this community.. Robert seems to be a huge fanboy of Jpop, so him getting fired from deeproot isn’t going to happen.

#1796 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I also think it was positive that they didn't reveal anything and they didn't ask for money.

How is that positive that they didn’t reveal anything?

#1805 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

He kept talking about revolutionary ideas and if there's one thing pinball people don't like, it's any real variation from the standard format. Hell, even putting the flippers in an alternative configuration puts people off.
It'll be interesting for sure.

I’m a little sick of the Italian bottoms.. bring back the Qbert layout!

#1812 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I got a good look at Magic Girl at Pinball Madness, and whatever J-Pop turns out with this company, everyone will be in line to buy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s just about all that anyone can get is a “good look”. Because it sure as hell doesn’t do anything else..

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Sounds like a bunch of butthurt haters in here. The fact there is a thread dedicated to J-pop is all you need to know. When I meet him I’m gonna hi five him twice. Once for all the great machines he designed and the second for pimpin all your money .
I saw nobody in line for Deadpool, Midevil Madness not Monster Bash, but all his Pins were non stop people waiting to play
So keep pretending he’s not the MAC. He got all your money and hasn’t skipped a beat and will have another great Pin out next year.

Pinside less than 1 year.. What position do you hold at deeproot?

4 months later
#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

My wide body ranking in descending order: TZ, JD, Popeye, DM, RS, Rosanne Barr.

The correct answer is TZ, WIJ, STTNG, DM, RS, JD, Roseanne Barr, Popeye

3 weeks later
#2647 5 years ago

In a steve Richie seminar, he talked about how Atari spent too much time trying to reinvent things that didn’t need to be reinvented (flipper mechs, etc.) when they should have been trying to focus on making better games.. (paraphrased). That ultimately led to their demise.

Heighway had some similar patterns, passive switches, interchangeable playfields, etc. and we know what happened there.

It’s a fine line between pushing the line of innovation, and reinventing just for the sake of reinventing. And this patent looks to be a solution without a problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=knockerlover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.