Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justeverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11338 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Based on that logic, someone should make a new EM game with scoring reels and bells to attract the millennial/hipster crowd.

You'd be surprised how many novice players avoid the newer games at my house and stick to the EMs. The complexity of newer games seems to overwhelm non pinheads.

#11404 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Related to this and a question I wish would have been asked is "who is the target market" They talked about expanding the market...'a pinball in every home'
Leaving aside the price, I can't imagine any distributor touting many of these innovations. Imagine you're thinking it might be fun to get a pinball machine for the family. The salesman shows the fancy way the glass lifts up. "This makes accessing the playfield a breeze" Customer "why would I want to do that?" Salesman, "lots of reasons, to unstick a ball, fix a problem or just to wax the playfield periodically" And just look at this, as he shows the schematic on the underside of the playfield detailing hundreds of parts. Customer asks "what's that for?" Salesman "It's great, when you have an issue you can much more easily diagnose and replace the faulty part". "But that's nothing, just see how easy it is to cycle through all the service menus....wait don't leave, I haven't even shown you the self-leveling legs or the industrial strength storage crate you're gonna want!"
All of these things would seem to scream "Pinball is complicated, it breaks, it needs to be maintained", which doesn't seem to be a great message for market expansion.
It makes me wonder if they've decided to forego the noob home market and just concentrate on operator(s) and collectors? I guess if we knew pricing, we'd know.

My comment was in no way talking about the mechanical complexities of games. Beginners aren't thinking that far down the road at all. I just see novice players going more for my EMs because of the simple gameplay.

#11705 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

We all knew this day was coming, a touch screen on a pinball machine. Hardly innovative, just simply catching up with the surrounding world we now live in.
As a designer I could certainly have me some fun coming up with new ideas for it's use, but unless you have a highly-skilled penis, you will need to use one hand or the other to make all the swipy actions on the screen... Keep it real, keep it pinball.

This whole comment was spot on, but the "highly-skilled penis" portion is the most hilarious thing I've read in awhile.

#11887 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ill take a smoker attachment!

How about the Pingina (TM)? Fleshlight built right into the coindoor. Now that's innovation!

#11894 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Except I would have to kneel on a box to even think about using said Pingina(TM)... Lets try mounting it in the Pinbar because my junk is nearly lockbar high... (and would let me do to the Pinbar what I actually think of the Pinbar). And dont even start with the "how tall are you?" questions- if you have ever met me, you get the picture.

If dr really wants to innovate they need to come up with a multi-positional Pingina (TM). Everyone regardless of height should be able to participate in the race to drain their balls before they drain their ball.

#11952 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said, complete and utter waste of time and money to send those people down here
A bigger waste to have a professional film crew there. For what?
Lol

To stroke RMs ego. With all these companies that have been set up this is looking more and more like vaperwear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justeverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=justeverett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.