• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Mr. Brandes,
On January 31, 2017 Pintasia by and through its President Sabrina Wei entered into a certain Confidential Settlement & Release Agreement with Zidware, Inc. that became effective February 3, 2017. I have possession of the agreement because I am an excepted party to it. It is my understanding through counsel that Zidware satisfactorily performed under the terms of the agreement, and there have been no attempts by Pintasia to claim otherwise. That agreement had very strict confidentiality covenants in which you were a intended party and therefore required to keep them. You have made multiple comments on this public platform in violation of the confidential terms of the agreement, mischaracterizing confidential terms of the agreement, and dishonestly misrepresenting performance by the parties.
You are also in violation of several of the pre-requisites to qualify under the Goodwill Terms. Rather than tell you in private and have you dishonestly report the denial publicly...your Goodwill Terms claim is hereby denied. Your claim is the first, and I hope the last, claim we have to deal with in this fashion.
--Robert J. Mueller, Esq. dT

What claims are these? I’m not following, claims for what?

#789 5 years ago

What is the Deeproot logo?

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

They will, in two weeks.

Two weeks? Oh, is Andrew involved?

#817 5 years ago

Is Andrew Heighway involved in the Deeproot venture? Hydrofoils weren’t enough?

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Used to be this...

Waaay more sphincter-like in appearance, and a much better depiction of where this company is wanting to guide itself.
At least on Pinside that is.

Geez, was this logo made in-house? If so it could be indicative of concerning approaches in other areas.

1 month later
#868 5 years ago

What’s the current go with Deeproot, weren’t they set to unveil some new groundbreaking technology that is going to rewrite Pinball production as we know it? Any updates?

#870 5 years ago

Was the reveal postponed?

1 month later
#1136 5 years ago

Is Houdini the same design?

#1156 5 years ago

I think magic pins need to be the next 80’s-90’s rock pin fad. Let’s add Thurston to the mix.

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It was 30 minutes of him droning on about how he had a dream when he was a child about flying, blah blah, for one trick. No thanks.

It’s called patter.

#1192 5 years ago

What material will the Deeproot playfields be made out of? Will it be wood, or another material?

2 months later
#1650 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

so many cool 80's movies that could be amazing pinball machines
any one of these would be awesome ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d like a John Carpenter hits pinball machine.

#1656 5 years ago

That could have been a Heighway title... they seem to have more adult themes. But yes, Evil Dead 2 would be great.

#1668 5 years ago

Will Deeproot be doing a Back to the Future with the original voices? Or will they be voice actors?

2 weeks later
#1854 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You could at least assume that they'll try to control that; they did as far as I know in some cases.
Bute widely/ internationally that's not even possible; the distribution network is too thin.

Wouldn’t that be illegal?

1 week later
#1899 5 years ago

Which Deeproot themes are real and which are fake?

#1901 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Barbarella and Song of the South are real.
All others are just wistful dreams...

Doubtful.

3 weeks later
#1947 5 years ago

How long will the reveal be delayed? A couple of weeks, or much longer?

1 week later
#2109 5 years ago

Do we know how many weeks the delay will last?

#2218 5 years ago

Was Deeproot’s logo designed in house or by an external agency?

#2221 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Excremental Agency if you do the analogy.

It was a genuine question.

There's an incredible amount of skill and nuance that goes into creating logo design, things that aren't obvious to the non-graphic designer. Some might say that designing a logo is easy, but thinking it's that simple could be considered an example of the Dunning Kruger effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Wasn't there an earlier version of the logo with a gear in it that then changed? That to me suggests that someone else thought the original version wasn't considered effective enough to keep. I'm not saying that is the case here, and I bring no malice, just trying to understand. I really wish great things for Deeproot Pinball, and am excited to see the innovations they bring to the industry. It's disappointing to see they will no longer be able to meet the 5 days of Deeproot event at Texas, I just hope they haven't over promised and I hope we're not seeing the Dunning Kruger effect applied to pinball creation.

7 months later
#4274 4 years ago

I’ve been away from this thread for a while, but is Deeproot still committed to shipping more pins in 2019 than any other company?

I know there have been delays until November or so, so is the plan for all these different Deeproot pins to hit the market just in time for the holiday season?

#4286 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anybody that believes that should probably be committed.

So Deeproot retracted that statement?

#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yes. Kinda.
Deeproot was so adamant and arrogant a year ago about how they were going to release and sell more pins in 2019 than any pinball company ever...and here we are, looking at August, and we have not even seen a single one of their "tens" of whitewoods flip. They won't even give a hint of an MSRP at this point. It is very difficult for me to believe a single piece of propaganda that comes out of the Deeproot offices from here on out. When they show me games that work, games being made and customers unboxing their games...maybe I will begin believe them. Stern continues and will continue to eat their lunch, and it isn't even close.

That doesn't sound like they retracted though, it sounds like they just went dark - so that statement is still out there.

#4304 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

You guys are waiting on games and some are waiting on refunds but it doesn't sound like either one is happening, good luck to all!

Robert is on Pinside, yes? It would be good to hear whether they still plan to launch more games in 2019 than any other manufacturer.

#4330 4 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Say what you like, but Robert has lived up to his word and, regardless of what happens next, I say his actions have earned him a seat at the table

Does this mean that you think he’ll meet his word of delivering all those pinball machines in 2019 like he said? Even if they all launch in December it would still mean he’s done it.

2 weeks later
#4597 4 years ago

I had posted this question before but never got a response... Was Deeproot’s logo designed in house or by an external agency?

There's an incredible amount of skill and nuance that goes into creating logo design, things that aren't obvious to the non-graphic designer. Some might say that designing a logo is easy, but thinking it's that simple could be considered an example of the Dunning Kruger effect:
Wasn't there an earlier version of the logo with a gear in it that then changed? That to me suggests that someone else thought the original version wasn't considered effective enough to keep. I'm not saying that is the case here, and I bring no malice, just trying to understand. I really wish great things for Deeproot Pinball, and am excited to see the innovations they bring to the industry. It's disappointing to see they will no longer be able to meet the 5 days of Deeproot event at Texas, I just hope they haven't over promised and I hope we're not seeing the Dunning Kruger effect applied to pinball creation.

#4633 4 years ago

Are they still releasing more pins in 2019 hours than any other manufacturer? I doubt they could meet this target if they only release/reveal their first pin in November 2019. I’d not, has Deeproot clarified this statement? Or walked back on this comment?

2 weeks later
#4862 4 years ago

Not many more months to release more pins than other manufacturers in 2019, but could be a packed few months. Who knows?

#4865 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Typically I feel people who search someone's old posts and quote everything they've ever said feel like stalkers, but I just couldn't shake the broken record feeling here. Now I know why. Who cares who designed the logo? And *obviously* they are not still planning to "release more games than any other company" this year. Give it a rest dude.

Nah, I’ll keep asking, as I feel. Even more so when I don’t see an answer. I’ve posted many times, and I have yet to hear anything that clarifies or retracts the 2019 pinball gusto.

#4890 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Soo, now we know. DR is a digital art museum. Saweeet, ready to take down Stern all day

Perhaps others should share their art here? I’ll start. Here’s an Impressionism oil painting I did in Central Park recently.

B74B1E85-ABE4-4581-BB77-64236ADC673C (resized).jpegB74B1E85-ABE4-4581-BB77-64236ADC673C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
9 months later
#8745 3 years ago

Strange, they were ready to go earlier for the Texas Pinball festival right?

1 month later
#9275 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Forgive me, I forgot you were the deeproot thread hall monitor. I will clear all future posts with you going forward.

It's not just this thread, it's like there is some quota allotment for the number of allowed posts on Pinside or something.

1 month later
#12696 3 years ago

Do we know when RAZA will be finalized and and available for purchase?

#12702 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

A year maybe...if.....nevermind old news.
Should get 3 more machines released before this one. By then most will forget about this boutique game by then.

I understand they had an event this past September, did they provide any info on when it will be released? I looked and couldn’t find.

#12706 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Someone can correct me if I am wrong; I think the take away was more "back to the drawing board" than anything to do with a realistic release date.

Thanks I appreciate it, just after some clarity. I was interested in a RAZA.

#12742 3 years ago

I think Yukon Yeti sounds most interesting. Whitewater is one of my favorite pins, so a sequel could be quite good.

1 month later
#13339 3 years ago

Two gameplay concerns:

-It looks like the ramp isn't makable from the right flipper due to the geometry. Did anyone see a successful ramp shot from the right flipper?
-It looks to be a very defensive game with a couple of close brick shots (such as the rubber on right side of the ramp.

#13360 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes lots of times.

The right? I saw lots of shots from the left, but don’t recall the right.

#13386 3 years ago

What did people think of the animations?

1 month later
#15307 3 years ago

Are any of the RAZAs, avail to play on location in NYC yet?

4 months later
#18341 2 years ago

Are these on location to play yet? I’d like to finally give one a try.

2 months later
#21089 2 years ago

I’ve been a bit out of the loop, how’s the gameplay on these?

I remember hearing they were to be released earlier this year, but I haven’t had an opportunity to play any on location yet.

#21114 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Haha, good one!
Oh, you’re serious? They don’t exist. That’s why you haven’t played one.

Ah, they’ve been delayed? That’s why I haven’t seen any on location. I remember hearing about the zombie amusement park pin a couple of years ago and was definitely interested, it seemed like a kitsch theme.

I was thinking of buying one but didn’t want to put money down without having a chance to play - good thing I didn’t! Hopefully those who preordered get their game soon, do we know when they will be released?

#21168 2 years ago

Quoted from Rarehero:Never.
Just make some tea and read this thread, all the answers are here.

Wow! I had a read through, things really have gone off the rails in this thread. It seems like a bit of a mystery when it will be avail to play. I'm sorry for anyone who has preordered and having to deal with the disappointment. I'm hoping the situation improves soon!

#21307 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It was a genuine question.

I suspected something might be amiss when I saw the original logo, I wondered if there was some overlooking some of the finer nuances for successful logo design... I worried it might be a red flag of potential Dunning-Kruger, and hoped that wouldn't carry over to pinball manufacturing. I still hope it hasn't.

#21511 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Let’s all save Deep Root! We’ll do it in your honor, with RM’s price tag being that the next theme must be “Short Bus”.

Is there a GoFundMe?

#21659 2 years ago

I recall the zeal and gusto towards Deeproot that seemed to underlie some of the communications. Have things changed that much, and why?

#21661 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Simple.
When they had money & time, they could brag.
When they ran out of money & time, they couldn’t brag anymore.

They seemed so proud before of everything that was to come. It’s disappointing.

#22157 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I have been getting a lot of messages today. Understandable. Thought I would inform everyone that the ability to access this data from their website was acknowledged back in December of last year. This was their response when told how it was obtained:
"Thank you for letting us know. We definitely do not intend to show that information. I have passed it on to IT to promptly correct. Thank you!"
Again, December and the website is still vulnerable? I have had this data for months! My intent? Absolutely nothing. I was only obtaining it to counter a possible exaggeration of their sales of the game. Once they announced '122' I glanced at the data and assumed it to be around that amount. Then I forgot all about it. I understand why some of you would feel a violation of privacy, but please understand this wasn't meant to cause harm. I couldn't care less about this data. I forgot I even had it. For you buyers ease of mind there is no financial data available. If there was something like that I would have been a siren to make sure it got fixed, but since the data was very moderate and what I believe to be useless I didn't think to follow up (nor should I have to if they actually had an IT department). The information obtained:
Game #
First Name
Last Name
deeproot login ID (some of use your Pinside ID I noticed)
Email Address
Game Model
Serial # (all serials begin either with RZX or RZA - depending on your purchase)
I'm not releasing this information - it can die with the company. I apologize if this has caused you any worry - hopefully this post can help with your questions.

Wouldn’t First Name, Last Name, and Email Address count as ‘PII’ (Personally Identifiable Information)?

#22331 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

One of my favorite cringe moments (The video should go to the exact spot):
The Emphasized "My Design", talking about the backbox....

If Steve Jobs were to reveal pinball, folks.

1 week later
#22931 2 years ago

I saw there is a SEC document against Deeproot, I guess it's possible that the defendants are found not guilty? If so, is it possible that RAZA's still get made, and we might see them on location later this year?

#23005 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is this phase “denial” or “bargaining?”

Sarcasm phase.... With a bit of satire on the willful ignorance that many have had to the writing on the wall.

#23029 2 years ago

Could anyone at Deeproot go to jail over this?

#23100 2 years ago

I wonder if Pinside might be referenced as evidence in the SEC’s case?

#23150 2 years ago

I updated my cartoon with a new shirt for buyers… Feel free to use as relevant.

IMG_1294_small (resized).jpgIMG_1294_small (resized).jpg
#23437 2 years ago

Just wondering about merchandise. Are any of these Deeproot polos available to purchase?

FC089F7B-12E4-41C7-A876-E64413424164 (resized).jpegFC089F7B-12E4-41C7-A876-E64413424164 (resized).jpeg

#23440 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No pinbar, no pincrate, just finish the good thing that was going there.

But then no razzle dazzle?!

#24309 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If memory serves, deeproot noshowed 2019 TPF because Robert was getting married that exact same weekend. It always struck me as really odd timing when they had spent thousands being a marquee sponsor of that show.

Was that wife two or three?

#24668 2 years ago

I don’t know JPop personally, but from what I read on Pinside I get a very “James Halliday“ from “Ready Player One” vibe. Is that about accurate?

995310BF-35B8-44C9-A0C1-640CC1710553 (resized).jpeg995310BF-35B8-44C9-A0C1-640CC1710553 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#25572 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I like South Korea cause there real smart.
[quoted image]

I like Finland. Top scores for happiness too (and they have Hesburger).

#25574 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

We also have the hottest prime minister, please don't forget that

Sanna Marin!

#25577 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

oh yeah[quoted image]

That was one of the previous presidents of Finland. The current prime minister is Sanna Marin:

Finland Prime Minister (resized).jpegFinland Prime Minister (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#25784 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

The complaint is now available at https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16689759/mitchell-v-popadiuk/
Please sign up for a PACER account (first 30 pages are free) here: https://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/pscof/registration.jsf and then download the RECAP extension from here: https://free.law/recap
Crowd source this info. As you view a document, it is uploaded to courtlistener.com where anyone can view it for free. There's a 273-page Exhibit "A" document in here.
Oh man.
They are going after JPop's patents (pg 3), trademarks, and all IP related to games (such as RAZA). They are basically objecting to JPop's bankruptcy trial saying:
"By reason of the foregoing, Defendant knowingly and fraudulently, in or in connection with the case made a false oath or account, and withheld from an officer of the estate entitled to possession under this title, any recorded information, including books, documents, records, and papers, relating to the Defendant's property or financial affairs"
How has nobody downloaded these documents before?!

I see it was updated September 13, 2021 but the site says “Date Filed: Jan. 14, 2020”. I wonder what that means?

3 months later
#27544 2 years ago

I’m glad I didn’t preorder a RAZA, I feel bad for those that did. Hopefully people can get some money back. This is never a good thing.

#27553 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Only people getting money from here on out are lawyers and trustees. Rest are screwed, including the little old ladies.

I think people can file a credit card chargeback, can’t they?

#27566 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You must be trolling.

Not at all, why? Are you suggesting it's not feasible?

1 week later
#27657 2 years ago

What will happen to the patents? Will these be sold off to cover debt… potentially to another pinball manufacturer?

#27720 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Whitewater remake. Pleasepleaseplease

I was interested in seeing the Yukon Yeti title.

1 year later
#32815 8 months ago
pepperidge (resized).jpgpepperidge (resized).jpg
1 week later
#32827 7 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I still can't believe they went with this theme... Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland

Looks fun, when will these be available to purchase?

2 weeks later
#32842 7 months ago

All this legal stuff makes me think RAZA won't be getting a wide release, despite being told (with lots of glee) to "Just wait".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=jonesjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.