New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 203700)

deeproot Pinball thread

By pin2d

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,912 posts - Hot topic!
  • 824 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 233 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 990 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A3A52B5B-B1C6-4876-BA64-705FAFC1FE9A (resized).png
1heatcoldmiser (resized).jpg
IMG_4295-2-850x478 (resized).jpg
038CE5D3-397E-4FA1-A68A-9EEA2B9AFC44 (resized).jpeg
79675954-6F96-492E-96DB-83E6DDF62FDC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 2.04.54 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 1.29.17 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 9.46.49 AM (resized).png
9900857D-D73E-4D39-94EB-9221DE14F75F (resized).png
6ECE1B00-097D-4E2C-900B-389726C2B366 (resized).jpeg
south park 4 point plan 3 (resized).jpg
20200926_101145 (resized).jpg
20200926_101257 (resized).jpg
images8OMY4D5B (resized).jpg
imagesARL2OBQN (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (10 months ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (10 months ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (10 months ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (10 months ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (10 months ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (10 months ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (10 months ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Mr. Brandes,
On January 31, 2017 Pintasia by and through its President Sabrina Wei entered into a certain Confidential Settlement & Release Agreement with Zidware, Inc. that became effective February 3, 2017. I have possession of the agreement because I am an excepted party to it. It is my understanding through counsel that Zidware satisfactorily performed under the terms of the agreement, and there have been no attempts by Pintasia to claim otherwise. That agreement had very strict confidentiality covenants in which you were a intended party and therefore required to keep them. You have made multiple comments on this public platform in violation of the confidential terms of the agreement, mischaracterizing confidential terms of the agreement, and dishonestly misrepresenting performance by the parties.
You are also in violation of several of the pre-requisites to qualify under the Goodwill Terms. Rather than tell you in private and have you dishonestly report the denial publicly...your Goodwill Terms claim is hereby denied. Your claim is the first, and I hope the last, claim we have to deal with in this fashion.
--Robert J. Mueller, Esq. dT

What claims are these? I’m not following, claims for what?

#789 2 years ago

What is the Deeproot logo?

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

They will, in two weeks.

Two weeks? Oh, is Andrew involved?

#817 2 years ago

Is Andrew Heighway involved in the Deeproot venture? Hydrofoils weren’t enough?

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Used to be this...

Waaay more sphincter-like in appearance, and a much better depiction of where this company is wanting to guide itself.
At least on Pinside that is.

Geez, was this logo made in-house? If so it could be indicative of concerning approaches in other areas.

1 month later
#868 2 years ago

What’s the current go with Deeproot, weren’t they set to unveil some new groundbreaking technology that is going to rewrite Pinball production as we know it? Any updates?

#870 2 years ago

Was the reveal postponed?

1 month later
#1136 2 years ago

Is Houdini the same design?

#1156 2 years ago

I think magic pins need to be the next 80’s-90’s rock pin fad. Let’s add Thurston to the mix.

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It was 30 minutes of him droning on about how he had a dream when he was a child about flying, blah blah, for one trick. No thanks.

It’s called patter.

#1192 2 years ago

What material will the Deeproot playfields be made out of? Will it be wood, or another material?

2 months later
#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

so many cool 80's movies that could be amazing pinball machines
any one of these would be awesome ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d like a John Carpenter hits pinball machine.

#1656 1 year ago

That could have been a Heighway title... they seem to have more adult themes. But yes, Evil Dead 2 would be great.

#1668 1 year ago

Will Deeproot be doing a Back to the Future with the original voices? Or will they be voice actors?

2 weeks later
#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You could at least assume that they'll try to control that; they did as far as I know in some cases.
Bute widely/ internationally that's not even possible; the distribution network is too thin.

Wouldn’t that be illegal?

1 week later
#1899 1 year ago

Which Deeproot themes are real and which are fake?

#1901 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Barbarella and Song of the South are real.
All others are just wistful dreams...

Doubtful.

3 weeks later
#1947 1 year ago

How long will the reveal be delayed? A couple of weeks, or much longer?

1 week later
#2109 1 year ago

Do we know how many weeks the delay will last?

#2218 1 year ago

Was Deeproot’s logo designed in house or by an external agency?

#2221 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Excremental Agency if you do the analogy.

It was a genuine question.

There's an incredible amount of skill and nuance that goes into creating logo design, things that aren't obvious to the non-graphic designer. Some might say that designing a logo is easy, but thinking it's that simple could be considered an example of the Dunning Kruger effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Wasn't there an earlier version of the logo with a gear in it that then changed? That to me suggests that someone else thought the original version wasn't considered effective enough to keep. I'm not saying that is the case here, and I bring no malice, just trying to understand. I really wish great things for Deeproot Pinball, and am excited to see the innovations they bring to the industry. It's disappointing to see they will no longer be able to meet the 5 days of Deeproot event at Texas, I just hope they haven't over promised and I hope we're not seeing the Dunning Kruger effect applied to pinball creation.

7 months later
#4274 1 year ago

I’ve been away from this thread for a while, but is Deeproot still committed to shipping more pins in 2019 than any other company?

I know there have been delays until November or so, so is the plan for all these different Deeproot pins to hit the market just in time for the holiday season?

#4286 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anybody that believes that should probably be committed.

So Deeproot retracted that statement?

#4294 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yes. Kinda.
Deeproot was so adamant and arrogant a year ago about how they were going to release and sell more pins in 2019 than any pinball company ever...and here we are, looking at August, and we have not even seen a single one of their "tens" of whitewoods flip. They won't even give a hint of an MSRP at this point. It is very difficult for me to believe a single piece of propaganda that comes out of the Deeproot offices from here on out. When they show me games that work, games being made and customers unboxing their games...maybe I will begin believe them. Stern continues and will continue to eat their lunch, and it isn't even close.

That doesn't sound like they retracted though, it sounds like they just went dark - so that statement is still out there.

#4304 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

You guys are waiting on games and some are waiting on refunds but it doesn't sound like either one is happening, good luck to all!

Robert is on Pinside, yes? It would be good to hear whether they still plan to launch more games in 2019 than any other manufacturer.

#4330 1 year ago
Quoted from Drano:

Say what you like, but Robert has lived up to his word and, regardless of what happens next, I say his actions have earned him a seat at the table

Does this mean that you think he’ll meet his word of delivering all those pinball machines in 2019 like he said? Even if they all launch in December it would still mean he’s done it.

2 weeks later
#4597 1 year ago

I had posted this question before but never got a response... Was Deeproot’s logo designed in house or by an external agency?

There's an incredible amount of skill and nuance that goes into creating logo design, things that aren't obvious to the non-graphic designer. Some might say that designing a logo is easy, but thinking it's that simple could be considered an example of the Dunning Kruger effect:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Wasn't there an earlier version of the logo with a gear in it that then changed? That to me suggests that someone else thought the original version wasn't considered effective enough to keep. I'm not saying that is the case here, and I bring no malice, just trying to understand. I really wish great things for Deeproot Pinball, and am excited to see the innovations they bring to the industry. It's disappointing to see they will no longer be able to meet the 5 days of Deeproot event at Texas, I just hope they haven't over promised and I hope we're not seeing the Dunning Kruger effect applied to pinball creation.

#4633 1 year ago

Are they still releasing more pins in 2019 hours than any other manufacturer? I doubt they could meet this target if they only release/reveal their first pin in November 2019. I’d not, has Deeproot clarified this statement? Or walked back on this comment?

2 weeks later
#4862 1 year ago

Not many more months to release more pins than other manufacturers in 2019, but could be a packed few months. Who knows?

#4865 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Typically I feel people who search someone's old posts and quote everything they've ever said feel like stalkers, but I just couldn't shake the broken record feeling here. Now I know why. Who cares who designed the logo? And *obviously* they are not still planning to "release more games than any other company" this year. Give it a rest dude.

Nah, I’ll keep asking, as I feel. Even more so when I don’t see an answer. I’ve posted many times, and I have yet to hear anything that clarifies or retracts the 2019 pinball gusto.

#4890 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Soo, now we know. DR is a digital art museum. Saweeet, ready to take down Stern all day

Perhaps others should share their art here? I’ll start. Here’s an Impressionism oil painting I did in Central Park recently.

B74B1E85-ABE4-4581-BB77-64236ADC673C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
9 months later
#8745 79 days ago

Strange, they were ready to go earlier for the Texas Pinball festival right?

1 month later
#9275 25 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Forgive me, I forgot you were the deeproot thread hall monitor. I will clear all future posts with you going forward.

It's not just this thread, it's like there is some quota allotment for the number of allowed posts on Pinside or something.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Apparel - Unisex
Lee's Parts
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 18.95
£ 50.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 35.00
$ 17.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 17.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 159.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
€ 279.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside