Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4674 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That doesn't mean Robin and crew shouldn't do their best to try to help alleviate these issues. For example, averaging models helps to calm the excessive ratings of LE owners. To me, this would be common sense design. I Like it or not, the top 100 is the most popular part of pinside, and I felt that before the model
ranking issue, the list was pretty representative of what I consider to be the great, good, average, not so good and garbage machines. Now it has the disease of every new LE in the top 20...

I agree with all that. In the meantime almost all my nib purchases have been made from pinside top 100 comments and rankings because no where near me to play.

I wish some company would open up within 200 miles of me and have all 3 models on display so I could see first hand what you get for the extra money.

As far as my ratings, and I have not rated much, I gave JJPPOTC a 10 with no comment. The reason is I have 4 games in the top 10, and 3 never gets played anymore since POTC came into the lineup. 2 friends does still love AC/DC and I would actually sell that game now if they did not like it so much. MET never gets played anymore(nor does the rest), but I would never get rid of it because of Sparky and the hammer is just too cool IMO.

#4725 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Should I feel bad that my first thought when I saw this pic was to shake the hell out of it?

Same with me. The song Shake It Up by The Cars came to mind.

#4751 4 years ago

I seen Deeproot had several new posts, and I was hell yeah, must be some new news. Then I click and read all about dimples.

Quoted from dnaman:

no dimpling?

Quoted from Richthofen:

Every playfield dimples

Quoted from EricHadley:

My TSPP, no dimples, my Tron LE, no dimples.

Quoted from dnaman:

Those that say the dimples just flatten out the playfield perfectly is full of BS.

Quoted from CLEllison:

Dimples are NOT normal.

LOL the deeproot thread is the new dimple tread!

1 week later
#4882 4 years ago

me 2.

#4885 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This thread is on fire!

We don't need no water let the mf burn, burn mf, burn.

#4922 4 years ago

I think they had to post phone their big reveal because their playfields had pooling and chipping.

1 month later
#5210 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that still in play?

I am with you. Every time I see 12 new posts I am like hey, must be some new news about this new pinball company, then click on it, and nothing I was expecting.

1 week later
#5315 4 years ago

VR has gotten so big I think that is what they are doing. It will take you 20 minutes to suit up with all the gear to play the machine and it will be so awesome.

But really, who knows, that could be happening with what I have read here with them hiring lots of talent and saying they are turning pinball into the next level.

#5595 4 years ago

So how long before o-din changes his avatar from Supreme to Deep Root?

#5601 4 years ago

If deeproot games get good reviews on here down the road, AND my local distributor has them in stock in his warehouse I will probably give them a try. I probably would have tried a Spooky, but they are not available to just drive down the road and pick one up.

#6460 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

3799 in 2010 is equivalent to 4500 in 2019 according to the inflation calculator.

I have never paid any attention to inflation. But I do get it.

#6463 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

distributor network

I was in my distributor's warehouse for 45 minutes today talking and he said he had never even heard of deeproot. He is on here, just not as much as he should be maybe. I hope he handles the games if they turn out good, so I can take the hour drive to pick one up.

#6466 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

just curious about whether the “can’t undercut Stern” line of thinking is based on fact or is assumed knowledge.

It will get easier, I was told today that Stern is about to go up again on prices.

1 month later
#7083 4 years ago

All I know is I have read all of this from the start, and it has kind of been like a ok movie that I wanted to see the end in 90 minutes, but now it is like 5 hours long, and still keeping up, but getting old.

1 month later
#7523 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Companies like Stern, which I do like very much, need challenged and to feel threatened to cause them to change for the better

Been doing my part with that. I have purchased 1 JJP nib and 2 AP nib since my last Stern purchase. And next purchase will be a Golden Tee.

If Deeproot turns out awesome I am open.

#7577 4 years ago

With all the time, money, and talk...maybe their pins also will serve as a time travel capsule or something also?

2 weeks later
#7764 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'm not sure why everyone gets so butt-hurt when someone downvotes you. It simply means that they disagree. Nothing more than that

I have never down voted anyone. It just seems childish. Right or wrong everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I do roll my eyes a lot reading some posts(mostly the flu ones about wearing dust masks).

#7767 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

FYI - Pinside has a setting there you can hide all votes, or only show the upvotes.

Thanks for the info, but not a feature I would use.

Anyway, when was it DR was supposed to have all the guests over for the big reveal at their headquarters?

#7779 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I turned the voting system off because I think it's silly and doesn't promote discussion. But, people seem to like it...

I surf some threads looking for red, knowing that it will be way off the wall, and entertaining.

But like the Dogs Rule, yes, show a pic of your dog and a automatic upvote from me.

And on the 156th page here now, and I hope DR will show some awesome games for awesome deals soon.

3 weeks later
#8143 4 years ago

I seen 22 new posts and thought Deep Root had released some info. Then when I started reading I forgot that I was even in the Deep Root thread.

It was pretty entertaining for a minute though.

2 months later
#8555 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Good news is on the way!

This year or next year?

2 weeks later
#8669 3 years ago

I would like to try one of these games, and I am not having any luck on the Pinside map.

Can someone update the map please?

2 weeks later
#8748 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Pinside is not the place to start applying logic.

There is no way to apply logic to Deeproot.

#8750 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Where is the perfect place for deeproot then?

a tabloid?

#8753 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So it's been over three and half years...

Even Gene Cunningham managed to build a pinball machine in less amount of time...

I do not think Deeproot can blame the virus any longer.

Other pinball companies are shipping new games out now.

#8756 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

I Keep My fingers crossed that something will happen soon, since i still believe in Deeproot

That is very cool that you stay so patient.

I also hope they can come out soon with new cutting edge technology and take pinball to a whole new level.

A year or 2 ago I asked my distributor if he was going to sell Deeproot games.

He said who?

I thought he must be dumb, he does not even know about this company about to take the pinball world to a new level.

A year or 2 later, now I am like 70% of people on here: still hopeful, but losing that hope now.

1 month later
#8935 3 years ago

I have no clue why I even keep coming back to this topic, but I still do.

44 posts since last time I was here, I get excited, click, start reading, and nope, same old stuff as usual.

At least no pics of cats here now, for a while that was so old even the mods stepped in.

I was hopeful and pulling for Deeproot, but now after everyone else has been releasing new games, and they have not, I am not so sure about them.

I 100% hope that all turns out well for everyone that is invested in this.

#8982 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

This (RAZA in Sept) is encouraging news

BUT, will it be a pinball machine, or a new art drawing?

1 month later
#9920 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

disappointed as a kid finding out Santa Clause doesn’t exist.

Wait! What are you saying about Santa?

1 week later
#12320 3 years ago

I skipped a few pages and now I am confused.

Is Deep Root in the car business now?

2 weeks later
#12906 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Why do I keep coming back here?

I ask myself that same question all the time.

I think I will just keep watching the marketplace ads, and the first time I see a Deep Root game listed for sale, then I will come back here. (and skip probably 5000 pages or more by that time, just to see what is current opinion of a game for sale on the market).

3 months later
#15800 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I here is pinball ga ga, Pinball blah blah

Pinball was new, pin ball some one still loves you.

2 months later
#18103 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

That’s true, but unfortunately they also realized that the 4 week delay needs reinventing, so it will be delayed as well.

And then it will need to be delayed again, so that they can get it trademarked.

2 months later
#20844 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

We plan to ramp up our lines in a slow

Maybe they are just trying to perfect the slow part?

2 weeks later
#22223 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

You two take it to a private room, don't derail this thread.

Or at least post some pics of your pets.

3 months later
#27152 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Why is his signature a pretzel?

I see that now after your post, but my first glance I thought it was a ladies boobs in a swimsuit.

1 week later
#27192 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

How many bushels of corn fit in a pinpod??...asking for a friend

I can not keep up with all of this and I skipped 100's of pages.

So the food truck pin is going to be mostly about corn now?

2 months later
#28283 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

like this guy?
[quoted image]

That would be a great post for the funny captions.

1 month later
#30331 2 years ago

I will never forget the conversation I had with my distributor a few years ago when I was picking up Iron Maiden.

I asked if he was going to fill out the paperwork to become a dealer for deeproot, and he said deep who?

1 week later
#30628 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So where is John now?

5) Robert's condo in Hawaii?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.