• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

346 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jodyg. You are on page 1 of 2.
#922 5 years ago

There is no way they are going to fit the equipment, people and manufacturing capability to build nearly every part of a pinball machine as well as the machine itself in that building. You are going to need engineers, machinists, tool and die makers, electricians, woodworkers, assemblers etc. There is a reason most companies outsource the parts in their machines. It makes no sense whatsoever to invest in an injection molder to make only flipper bats and posts. Metalworking equipment to make pop bumper parts and ramps. Electronic equipment to make the boards, switches and sensors, etc. Now bring all of these skilled tradespeople and machinery together under one roof in a matter of less than a year, AND produce 3 functional, debugged machines ready to ship for for launch day? This sounds ridiculously optimistic. But, so long as he isn't taking peoples money up front and employees are paid... Giddyup!

#923 5 years ago

And I left out factoring in building the tooling to make the parts as well. Building tooling (like injection molds) in house could be a quarter million-plus dollar investment in machine shop equipment alone. Having tooling like molds made outside could have 10 to 20 week lead times easily in this economy... I deal with it every day.

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think he's perfectly cognisant of the language he's using, so my point is that it's likely to be either major exaggeration or that it will prove ruinous. It's simply not possible to make everything yourself without incurring unneeded cost and problems. Especially in the kind of lean, low cost operation and product he's promising. Maybe in 10-15 years with huge advancements and lowering in cost of 3D printing. But not now.

Anyone who actually works with 3d printing on a commercial level knows full well that it still has major limitations on many levels when it comes to using it to manufacture an end product. I surely hope that isn't what DR is banking on.

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't be too intrigued. Every single one of them was out of work.

I don't get why all these manufacturers are always bragging about hiring these old dudes that made games 20 or 30 years ago. I want to see new, young design talent discovered. They are out there, and you probably can pay them less than these old reheated design ideas from the same 5 people.

2 weeks later
#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

They are employing someone who did harm to me. JPOP screwed me out of my money for RAZA! Deeproot hired him and they are going to give me a free game for my lost money. You're damn right I'm going to support them.

What's a bigger olive branch than assuming ownership of JPOP's pissed off customers, and giving them a free game?
Other than Pisiders needing something to be pissed about, I just don't get the angst here. If they hired JPOP and said F U to previous owners by asking them to buy one of his new games, I would totally get it. But that's not what they're doing. They're building games without taking money from anyone (whether that's successful or not remains to be seen) and in the process they're giving restitution to the people John screwed over. What the hell is there in that to be upset about?

They never said they are giving free games, did they?

1 week later
#1099 5 years ago

After listening to the interview, I hope Deeproot does disrupt the market a bit. I am imagining some kind of internet connectivity to these games as being the one way they are going to do it. The other way is automated manufacturing. I think there are ways to cut some labor out of pinball manufacturing with some investment.

2 weeks later
#1237 5 years ago

My eyes are on the game, not the LCD.

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

How many times I've been in a group of engineers that were saying "It isn't supposed to do that!"

Our wannabe EE's famous saying is "That can't happen!", as it does it 10 times right in front of him. It is rather comical at times.

1 week later
#1382 5 years ago

Robert needs to show more work, less talk. At this point, he sounds like a stereotypical used car salesman huckster.

1 week later
#1391 5 years ago

How many times is Odin going to complain about G rated pins this week?

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I bet your mommy won't even let you go see a PG movie.

I'm not the one who has Pinside tantrums.

2 weeks later
#1447 5 years ago

A new company has more hurdles to overcome when releasing a new game compared to the likes of a giant like Stern. Smart customers are going to question the quality and customer support right out of the gate until a reputation is established. Not all companies are created equal when it comes to support and warranties, as evidenced by the recent American Pinball and Homepin controversies. Add that to the fact that the market is at a historic level of oversaturation already, and these guys have a steep hill to climb out of the gate.

3 weeks later
#1476 5 years ago

Sounds like it's real pinball, and I'm surely hoping they got the Goonies license.

#1546 5 years ago

Since we are getting silly...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#1831 5 years ago

I'm just over here wondering what panzie schemes are.

1 week later
#1851 5 years ago

All a distributor has to do is form a second company under a different name, and they can sell a brand exclusively under that name. Happens more often than you think in other industries.

1 week later
#1884 5 years ago

Goonies photoshop job looks to be roughly between 5th and 7th grade level of skill. Pinball trolls need to work a little harder on the next one.

Artwork is from Fanart.tv

Screenshot_20181107-111543_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181107-111543_Chrome (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#1988 5 years ago

The lesson here is "more work, less talk". Instead of doing a podcast tour making promises the whole world predicted you couldn't keep, you should have just kept your nose to the grindstone and not said anything until you were ready to launch. Now you have dinged your reputation before you have even left the gate. Not a good start. I was also thinking of heading to TPF this year and was watching airfare prices. I'm firmly in the "no" column now.

#2015 5 years ago

I've been curious if fiberglass reinforced plywood would be a way to make playfields much more durable. This material is what is commonly used in trailers and box trucks for the transportation industry. There is a thin layer of fiberglass laminated to a plywood substrate. The scoops would still wear, but I would think with the traditional screen printing and a clear coat, this stuff would be extremely durable over traditional wood over the rest of the playfield.

#2017 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That stuff is heavy as hell, isn’t it? There’s got to be a balance there. If it costs double to ship a game and you need 4 people to move it, it may be a challenge

My experience is it is the same as regular plywood...it just has a 1/32" or so skin of smooth fiberglass laminated to the top. My current employer actually has a division that makes this product...I should dig into it more and see what specs I can find on it.

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Why can't they be made out of that fake wood look-a-like stuff they make decks out of?

If you are talking about the plastic Trex variety, I would think that would warp and sag over a 21" x 43" playfield. I haven't been in the field for a few years, but I am fairly sure they still do not have synthetic structural members for decks because of this inherent weakness.

As for the fiberglass laminated plywood, the one tricky thing would be leveling the inserts. Currently, the inserts are glued into the milled cavities slightly above the wood playing surface, and then the whole playfield is run through a drum sander so everything comes out level. Given the thin fiberglass layer, you would not be able to sand that thin laminated surface much at all, or you may blow through it. However, if you can accurately control the initial plywood material thickness, you may be able to precision sand the inserts down level to that fiberglass surface without blowing through the fiberglass layer.

I had a scrap piece of this FRP plywood material I used for a work bench surface once, and it took hammer blows without denting. When Deeproot mentioned taking a hammer to the playfield, this is what I thought of.

#2064 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Can't you just feel the love emanating from Ben's whole being?

He's not really wrong though. And it pains me slightly to say that.

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You've obviously never experienced the joys of a virtual gangbang.

I read the whole Homepin thread, does that qualify?

1 week later
#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Magic Girl can not possibly be reviewed, categorized, critiqued, or other wise judged as a “good” game until it is finished and all mechs INSTALLED, programmed, and working, code is finished, and game is “complete”. Until then it is a flashy box of lights with some ZY artwork on it. That IP and $5 will get you a vinte latte at Starbucks, not much else.
I get excited about a pinball company when they bring a machine to the table and I can play it, like API, CGC, and most of the others trying to break into the market. I personally think deeproot shot their wad by making big noises and promises and missing their date for a big reveal at TPF. With the ammo in their quiver, they should have kept quiet, built their 5 machines, and then just showed up at the next biggest show when they were ready... drop 3 or 4 game titles onto the floor of the show, and put up pictures of them making 15 sample games of each title. Then say we are open for business, here are the first offerings from our company, we are taking orders for all of them, production starts yesterday, we have 5 machines of each title ready to ship today.
That would have blown us all out of the water, would have alleviated any JPop bad publicity, and then they could eventually offer to make people whole on zidware by giving a 50% discount on enough titles to make them whole... no money down to order.
But I am not a marketing genius... and what do I know? Not my circus, not my monkeys. And I am sure this approach has a billion flaws or cracks someone will immediately point out.

All those in favor of Bublehead giving us a tl;dr for each of his posts, please raise your hands.

3 weeks later
#2241 5 years ago

Robert is starting to make me feel like he is the kind of guy that has to be in the spotlight at all costs. Why would you come out and say this now, when you have zero games shown and already had to put your tail between your legs and walk back your original grandiose plan of launching 5 games at TPF. I feel like Robert Mueller is jealous over Stern getting all kinds of positive hype on a national stage, so Deeproot comes out with this statement to keep them relevant (in their own eyes) for another 5 minutes. Things are starting to smell a bit rotten here. Robert, if you want to put Deeproot in the headlines, show us some progress on your games. Show us SOMETHING. Stop making grand promises with zero tangible items to back them up. That is not how you build credibility. Where's the beef?

#2245 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

It’s a repost dude and now you look silly

I'm still highly skeptical until we see the goods.

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

2232 was a post of a repost from TWIP repost from early 2018. And if you win the game and you don’t want us to bring it out for you, I’m sure someone else would love to have it. We are just trying to help Jeff out.
— Robert dT

Awesome, my apologies on not picking up this was a repost and most of the conclusions I made. I am still skeptical of the whole situation though...given the poor record of new companies starting up in the pinball industry. If you prove me wrong in the coming months, I promise i'll be the first to eat my shoes.

4 weeks later
#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I don’t think that the designing is the problem - it’s the assembling that’s turned out to be quad or octo times harder than assumed.

Nah, Pinball is easy.

1 week later
#2413 5 years ago

$2500 profit? What kind of fantasy land are we living in here?

3 weeks later
#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

So, no "5 days" at TPF this year?

That was cancelled at the beginning of the year already.

#2462 5 years ago

Or maybe Robert took peoples advice when they said "More work, less big talk and hyperbole".

#2476 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These veterans were unemployed till DR came knocking, so as long as they are getting paid why would they jump ship?
The fact that they are still getting paid is promising. But wouldn't say it's a guarantee we'll ever see any pins.

Any pins? Robert told us we would see more pins released from DR in one year than have ever been produced before. Has that statement been officially walked back yet?

#2517 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

...that that proves that they have the trust of others that they're no frauds.

PT Barnum had a saying about that...

#2543 4 years ago

Pretty big statement that they have zero to share at a huge event in their backyard. Not a good sign at all. Especially after running their mouths so hot and heavy last year.

1 week later
#2555 4 years ago

Looks like DR has a few job openings if anyone is interested!

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

someone posted a link to deeproot's patent for a pinball cabinet on deadflip stream the other night. im for innovation, but im also for JUST MAKING A PINBALL MACHINE.[quoted image]

That's some extremely excessive and unnecessary hardware for a pin. I thought they were trying to push prices down...adding a bunch of crap under the playfield that has nothing to do with gameplay isn't how you do it.

1 week later
#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

“If deeproot Tech misses the Delivery Date deadline through no fault of Claimant, then deeproot Tech will pay to the order of the Claimant 1x the combined RAZA/AIW deposits claimed on Claimant's proof of claim ("non-delivery payments"), in lieu of the benefits above. deeproot Tech must pay all qualifying non-delivery payments no later than sixty days after the Delivery Date.”
More cash shoveled into the furnace. Yikes.

I’m confused, is this meant to be a brag? As a spectator, I’d expect instead on noodling on 12! Or more white woods, I’d expect a better look would be at least one game complete and ready to show. Spreading yourself thin over multiple games and not being ready to deliver seems worse than putting all efforts into one game and being ready to ship.

12+ whitewoods doesn't necessarily mean 12 games. Each game could have several whitewood models to test different shot geometry, have multiples on hand to play test, or to test improvements along the design path.

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Sums up my sentiment exactly.
If they ship and it's awesome, great. If they never ship, the tables suck, cost too much, etc, then take your money elsewhere.
Speaking of money, I don't get why people are concerned about how much money they're burning through. It's all coming out of Robert's wallet, so why should we care?
Anyway, happy speculating, everyone!

It's not Robert's wallet, they are using private investor monies.

#2765 4 years ago

40 animators? Are making video games or pinball machines? Or virtual pins?

#2816 4 years ago

I'm guessing screen across the back of the playfield, under the glass.

#2988 4 years ago

The Cleveland Browns won roughly 59 of their 176 games since 2006.

#3055 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

so much this.. where i work i can have the greatest new design in the industry (and have cost savings), but of the ROI isnt less than 3 years it gets shot down immediately. if the camera replacing switches idea had merit, any manufacturer would jump at it. think about the cost of all those switches, and the wiring going to them, and the connectors.

3 years on ROI? Sounds like a dream world. We can't get the parking lines painted unless we can show a full ROI in 16 months.

#3064 4 years ago

Speaking of pinball tech, I'm surprised scorekeeping hasn't been somehow been made to be Bluetooth downloadable for tournaments and whatnot. Log in via QR scan on the machine, and you could see a breakdown of exactly where each point came from in your game, with what shot combos, etc. You could even set up a remote league that is tamper proof and easy to run.

#3118 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Who did Why Snow rip off? I guess I don't understand the hatred for him.

Search back over the Predator mess.

1 week later
#3335 4 years ago

Pinball is easy when you are burning through 750k of other peoples money every month with no money coming back in.

#3338 4 years ago

If I ever get to a point in my life where I have nothing better to do than to get hammered 5x a week while picking fights on Pinside, I hope someone just takes me out behind the barn and puts me out to pasture.

#3342 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

It’s the bet every investor and entrepreneur make, what is wrong with that ?

Because they are obviously behind schedule, and have probably had to temper the expectations of said investors from what has been originally arrogantly promised. I hope they have a very patient group of investors.

#3364 4 years ago

Star Wars topper has to be the favorite horse right now.

2 weeks later
#3467 4 years ago

Robert is soon going to be challenging Mike from Homepin on being the biggest toolbag in the Pinball scene. Odd way to try to sell the world on your business. Robert sounds like he is engaging in a middle school "my dad is better than your dad" argument, but has absolutely nothing to back it up with. So everyone else just laughs at him.

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Deeproot has months of radio silence and you guys complain and speculate. They put out information and the same posters complain and speculate. Stay classy pinside.

You mean DR put out a back-handed statement while insulting their potential customers? A statement to the likeness of "We're sorry we made such bold and outlandish promises we didn't keep in the beginning, but we promise the wait is worth it!" would go a lot farther than that tone-deaf pile of words they went with.

#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

You mean like a GB that won’t turn on half the time, the two brand new premium Batman 66’s I bought that are already more dimpled than the moon and with broken mechs already, a Hobbit that’s been dead for months, a Dialed In with constant sound and rebooting problems, and a TNA with so many problems that it has kept my eningeers from engineering on deeproot stuff? Playing and maintaining a deeproot game is pretty refreshing for me thus far...
— Robert dT

You have quite possibly the worst luck out of any pinball machine owner I have ever encountered, or your engineers are not very good. It sounds to me like you guys messed up your "test" machines during the reverse engineering process, and now want to blame the manufacturer. Rebooting/Problems turning on are not exactly common issues.

#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

he also says he doesnt take posts on here seriously but im pretty sure he said on here he blacklisted folks from the zidware claims for posts on pinside... that seems serious?

Guarantee you he reads this thread several times a day. His timing is always right on the money.

2 weeks later
#3680 4 years ago

They sure do know how to use a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

2 weeks later
#3908 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Also from the article:
"They have their production areas, though they are currently empty for the most part."

This is very telling. You don't tool up a production line with the capability of producing "tens of titles" at once while outproducing Stern and JJP combined in a matter of weeks or months. I have faith though, because pinball is EASY!

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Does no one else find it odd that the rest of the TWIP site works perfectly?

Surely someone must have made a copy of that article before it disappeared.

#3952 4 years ago

Anyone else find it interesting that out of all the conjecture and jumping to conclusions in this thread, Robert decided to single out Ben for a pretty inane comment? Something about a seemingly simple comment from Ben cut pretty deep. Threatening to sue anyone and everyone is a pretty Andrew Heighway-esque move, and it isn't a good look for the spokesman and face of the business.

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Where are the moderators on this one. Please end it.

never (resized).jpgnever (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I know you didn't intend to but you just admitted that you're a troll and a Pinside bully. Not a shock to most of us and you're probably the last to find out.
So why don't you man up and take it private rather than play childish games involving all of Pinside.
Screenshot to account for the editing and deleting that you're so famous for.
[quoted image]

Glad I am not the only one that sees this crap day in and day out on here.

2 weeks later
#4244 4 years ago

I disassemble my games to get them out of my basement. Pulling playfields solo is very awkward, and they are just heavy enough to be a real pain in the ass to do solo. There is a real risk of scratching the cabinet every time. That's the main reason it's never going to fly.

#4290 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So Deeproot retracted that statement?

Yes. Kinda.

Deeproot was so adamant and arrogant a year ago about how they were going to release and sell more pins in 2019 than any pinball company ever...and here we are, looking at August, and we have not even seen a single one of their "tens" of whitewoods flip. They won't even give a hint of an MSRP at this point. It is very difficult for me to believe a single piece of propaganda that comes out of the Deeproot offices from here on out. When they show me games that work, games being made and customers unboxing their games...maybe I will begin believe them. Stern continues and will continue to eat their lunch, and it isn't even close.

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Everything seems to want to revolve around Jpop.
There are other people on the team, unless I missed the exit announcements.
[quoted image]

Who is the blurred out one in the back?

2 weeks later
#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Another casualty of Pinside?[quoted image]

I heard he got caught disseminating legal advice without a license.

1 month later
#5000 4 years ago

How are these guys able to absorb another year of $750k/month in liabilities? They just keep making that nut they need to crack bigger and bigger every month this hyperbole train carries on.

#5015 4 years ago

Fiberglass reinforced plywood that trailers and box truck bodies are made from wouldn't dent with a hammer. Also, phenolic resin sheets are amazingly durable as well.

4 weeks later
#5076 4 years ago

Have faith everyone, they still have 2 more months to deliver more games in 2019 than any manufacturer in the history of pinball!

I'm thinking the 5 days of Deeproot will wind up being more like the 5 years of Deeproot.

3 weeks later
#5329 4 years ago

When you see this partially complete game next week, remember...this is what years of work and $750k a month in costs have produced.

#5349 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is 750K a month a real number?
Sounds way out of line.

Robert himself boasted about that number, early this year.

#5382 4 years ago

Really curious about how the pricing will humble the competition. If they are able to sell these things for sub-$4k, we are in for a wild ride.

#5426 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

My gut predicts $7k-$7500.
Robert talks a lot about "value", so there could be more for the money at that price range, better value than a Stern Premium. But I don't think he's equating "value" with "cheap".

He said pricing will "humble the competition". I don't see how you do that by selling a game for more than the current lowest price Stern pro offering.

#5662 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is hilarious: a new Trojan horse rolls into town with some on lookers fawning all over it. Something smells, as DR investors might be being scammed (For example: DR built an unneeded auditorium, instead of building and selling even their first machine - do like everyone else does and show at a convention and save investor money for building up inventories of something that actually brings in revenue - pinball machines). Some people are giving DR kudos for JPop work done years ago when he had Zidware.
Sure they haven’t taken pinball money yet, so some are giving DR a pass, but what about the poor DR investors??? Their money is being spent like no tomorrow $7.5 million (DR claimed expenditure figures, not mine) a month and this is all they have to show for years of work??? A machine that DR claims is not the finished version and almost everything on the machine is going to change? Wow, are we expected to believe the Trojan horse is a great gift? Looking at this, causes great concerns. Hope the investors don’t lose out on their hard earned investment monies, because if this is all they have at this point in the business cycle that began 2016/17 and I we’re an investor, I’d be worried big time. Hope what appears to be possible isn’t. Just my opinion from looking at it closer.
DR confirmed game list is JPop titles he began years ago.

I am as big of a DR skeptic as anyone, but for the love of god...at least get your facts straight. Its 750k a month, not 7.5 million.

#5736 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Very reminiscent. It's basically a miniature roto target.
Pretty cool, but not sure how it's going to suit a modern game. The biggest problem with rotos have always been that they aren't reliably aligned, and that they are freaking huge taking up a ton of above/below playfield real estate. This small version probably takes care of both of those issues.
The question is if anybody cares in 2019 about roto targets. The return of the vari-target with Ripleys didn't exactly set the pinball world aflame.

Also, just because it's a new mech, doesn't mean it's any good. See: Rescue 911 Helicopter.

#6306 4 years ago

Sounds an awful lot like there will not be any "cheap" deeproot games. Robert appears ready to use their "earth shattering" features to extract the highest price possible.

#6592 4 years ago

I am headed over to Costco to get my law degree so I don't get in trouble with Robert for giving legal advice without a license.

3 weeks later
#6927 4 years ago

Today has to be a dark day for Deeproot...Punny Factory is about to decimate the market after being revealed yesterday.

But in all seriousness, that clown in Canada just brought a finished game to market in a fraction of the time it has taken Robert and his dream team to show us a half finished Jpop retread.

2 weeks later
#7015 4 years ago

I hear they poached JJP's animation guy?

#7022 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Could be wrong but I think they are referring to David Thele. Old news

No, not Thele. This was on the most recent K podcast.

#7024 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If this is true, it’s not because they needed him because we know how deep their visual art department is. It was done solely to hurt JJP.

The thing about it is, if you are having success with a known manufacturer, what would make you jump ship to go to some new company that hasn't shown a thing in the last two years? Even the promise of a pile of money wouldn't be really smart in the long term if this new, unproven company goes tits up. Could something be going on a JJP? They recently lost their tech support person from what I understand as well. Supposedly GNR is finished already and sitting in a closet until reveal time.

#7030 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

K just retracted this on Facebook. Was never true.
[quoted image]

Just saw this, I'm glad someone nuked this rumor quickly!

#7032 4 years ago

Also of note, the last interview K had with Robert from Deeproot (Episode 420) was deleted some time ago. Wonder why?

#7131 4 years ago

Curious if DR has started to build out any of their manufacturing space yet? They currently have a job posted for an Engineering Project Manager.

#7145 4 years ago

How quickly everyone forgets about the grand promises and hyperbole made by Heighway Pinball. I don't blame anyone for being skeptical of a company that has really shown very little so far after years of work.

#7163 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Financial talk aside our Deeproot playfield arrived today and I must say it is refreshing to see pinball art like this alive and well. Really is rather beautiful in person. Have not had a chance to play the game yet but Very much looking forward to it!![quoted image]

Found the new Deeproot tech they have been talking about....invisible inserts!

#7169 4 years ago

Raise your hand if you are planning on making a trip across the country to go see Raza played again?

1 week later
#7264 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Kind of like some new cars that do not include a spare tire....

Getting rid of the spare tire is as much a cost savings as it is a weight reduction tool to help vehicles meet MPG rules. Both reasons are poor though, in my opinion.

#7292 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I’m hoping they show up to Texas with a truckload of games ready to sell & pickup immediately. Anything less will be a let down after two years of hype.

Now would be a good time to start letting yourself down easy.

#7335 4 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Well said. I'll admit that I have been skeptical at times of Deeproot. But they really owe us nothing up to this point. No money has been collected, orders are not being taken. It's incredibly smart of them to reveal their way, especially if they plan on disrupting the industry. I think criticism should only be warranted after launch if they fail to deliver on orders and/or promises.

I think the main issue Pinsiders have with Deeproot is the the way Robert came into the scene with guns blazing and making huge promises he failed to deliver on so far. Hurling insults at other manufacturers that actually have tangible products you can buy today is a bit of a cheap shot when all you have shown in two years is a barely working "revival" of an already known game. A different PR approach from the beginning definitely would change the narrative from what we see going on here today. While Pinside isn't a perfect place, Robert himself brewed up the "cesspool" he foolishly complains about. Robert, if all you smell is shit when you come here...maybe you should check your shoe?

3 weeks later
#7396 4 years ago

In Roberts last interview, he definitely walked back his earlier boasts about pricing and pivoted to "best value for the money", which tells me these games are going to be expensive. He is also banking on outselling Stern in every way. Can the market really absorb a large quantity of titles at a high price point? I don't think this is possible. $8k, $9k and up is going to price Deeproot out of a big chunk of the market. I think if you want to inflict pain to your competitors, you need to have some games priced below Stern Pro pricing with better features. Selling all of your games at or above Stern Premium pricing just makes you another boutique manufacturer.

#7399 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

All marketing data points to appeal to the largest demographic for a luxury home entertainment device, think TV, entertainment system, pool table,etc., the top price point is, give or take a few dollars is $3K.
To mass market a pinball machine for the "non-pinball" to the mass home market a manufacture would need to:
1. Create a desire for a substantial percentage of the average home owner to want a pinball machine in their home.
2. Keep the price point under $3K.
1. would take a multi media multi million dollar marketing campaign
2. would result in a machine that most people in the pinball community would not consider a "real" pinball machine.
my $0.02

Arcade 1up and Toyshock are already doing this with digital pinball. Well, the 1up machine isn't out yet...but it's set to drop shortly.

#7440 4 years ago

I just want to know if Ben Heck is still practicing law without a license?

#7445 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Let's see think DeepRoot has an advantage of having Texas location. Lower Taxes and lower cost.
Swap-able playfields - would be totally rad. That would make production cost less and shipping savings. Especially if
the had the cabinet design to end all cabinets. Sturdy but lite and a very easy playfield swap
that someone could do on location with a thumb drive / sd card or wifi for code.
I would love to see a company push the playfield envelope a bit more.
Give users a chance to home grow more elaborate toys with a SDK kit.

Heighway already tried this, and it went over with a resounding "thud". p3 Multimorphic isn't exactly setting the world on fire their swappable playfields either.

#7464 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What did Robert say, in the last Kaneda podcast interview, or write in any public announcement, that makes some of you think that deeproot would be going the route of swappable playfields? I just don't see any evidence.

They patented a playfield removal mechanism.

#7541 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Haggis Playfields are unproven... yet you've already put them on a pedestal. No wonder it's all rainbows for you..
Haggis is basically taking the hardtop route.. and hasn't excercised any of the realities of the game's real world practicalities.. and they aren't coming from a position of experience either. Let the chaos of the real world (and an actual completed product) vet something before you declare it a winner.

And the Haggis hardtop is currently bonded to wood with double sided tape.

1 week later
#7631 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As Robert Mueller's interview is pertinent to this thread, I will post some highlights. There are plenty of interesting points and comments made, so listen for yourself.
* Playfield will be made of wood and it can take sledge hammer without enduring damage.
* Deeproot will encounter the same manufacturing challenges as everyone else.
* There won't be any great initial awareness that the product is innovative. When you see all of their games and you open them up and see how they go together, you'll see the innovation more clearly. (oh brother).
* Customer may have options for playfield art, cabinet art and customization of the game.
* Robert is waiting to set game pricing until before launch. Won't price it at a discount. Robert maintains he will provide value, but not all at the Stern pro price.
* There may be three levels of every game released. Undefined what this means. (Robert implies that certain models with have more value and indicates more mechs or more software for a higher price and a version without that is lower cost). They will be pricing some games below market and some above market (I see Robert releasing models in all ranges between $4k - $15k).
* Robert says that he does not read Pinside anymore because it is too negative. "Pinside is a sewer" and any feedback is worthless and goes right in the trash. (He said this three times but I wonder why he can't get find any constructive feedback here. He is right that Pinside can be negative, but there is plenty of great observations and analysis from my armchair perspective. His comment is suspect since the stated reason for going to Houston was to get feedback).
* Deeproot has 21 games in design. 13 are 50% and the rest are 15%.
* All games will be different from one another in style, content, target demographic, skill level.
* Zombie Yeti's version of "artwork on Raza was a hack job".
* "Stern is weak".

#7692 4 years ago

With CGC on the cusp of announcing a game or two, American Pinball announcing a new game, Jersey Jack with GNR and possibly TMNT from Stern all looking to drop around the time of of TPF this year, Deeproot sure looks to be picking a pretty bad time to try to upend the market. Imagine if they would have hit their date a year ago...pretty much nothing was competing for the spotlight last year.

#7696 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Sure seems like it, I requested access to the VIP event, only to get an email stating only for Media...
Hell ive been supportive , and I'm a local Tech,
Really disappointing Deeproot!

Start a 5 minute podcast on TPN...now you're media!

1 week later
#7811 4 years ago

I'm more curious about what they will show for their manufacturing capability at launch. Between now and the last interview wasn't very much time to go from zero manufacturing to a line that is ready to produce pinball machines within so many weeks from launch. Especially if they are making most of the parts in house.

#7815 4 years ago

Robert finally sounds like he is starting to get it...no jabs at any other manufacturers or community members, and a little bit of humble pie for dessert. Hopefully he continues to follow this path from here on out.

"Launch won’t be the unrealistic daydreams I’ve had a million times since 2015, but it also won’t be disappointing either. Being humbled the hard way as you finally have to switch from tinkering to implementing has definitely given me some gray hairs and taken a few years off my life."

#7850 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

But if we did people would find a way to complain about that also.....

Heard its cheese and whiiiiine.

#7860 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Stern is now a lifestyle brand; therefore, we know their refreshments will be craft beer that goes with the perfect lumberjack beard and flat brimmed cap, sticker and all.

And you have to beat this guy before you are allowed to leave.

FB_IMG_1583799576035 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1583799576035 (resized).jpg
#7862 4 years ago

With AP supposedly cutting prices on game #3 and Jack cutting the price of Wonka SE last year, I think pricing is going to be very crucial for Deeproot. I think going at it with a emphasis on "value for the money" as opposed to hitting a competitive price point could be a bad move for a new company banking on volume in the currently over saturated pinball market.

#7865 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has it really taken the other 20 pinball companies this long to figure out that a "pro" level commercial pinball machine at around $5,500 is what people want?
It's not like Stern has made a secret of this. It's their bread and butter!

Actually, I want Stern Pro machines for about $4200, but I digress

Your biggest market segment is the cheapest trim level of game. If you can figure out how to make profit on the game at that price level, you instantly have a competitive advantage over everyone not named Stern.

#7991 4 years ago

Massive Punny Factory and China Zombies preorders scared them out of doing it.

1 week later
#8043 3 years ago

I have a feeling the new Heist game by p3 is going to be far more innovative than anything Deeproot was going to release anyway. And it sounds like Dennis Nordman is no longer with the company? Kaneda heavily hinted he moved over to CGC?? Dennis is like the town bike...everyone in the biz has had a ride on him now.

1 week later
#8107 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Absolutely, with a rock solid theme and a proven track record following. Plus there was no world fears and they had a genius sell all up front with deposit strategy which by unpredictable timing was a home run decision based on where we are today. Won’t speculate but my guess is if they unveiled the same strategy Today the result would likely be different.

Lets not sugar coat it here, you are understandably cheerleading this company because you stand to make money off their machines by making mods. The rest of us take the inflammatory statements Robert has made over the last two years as a sign of the poor character the leadership of this company has. Taking cheap shots at the competition, when you have not produced a single game, is not endearing to the community as a whole. Robert has thoroughly earned the reaction he gets around here. Remember the legal threat against Ben Heck for an absolutely inane comment?

#8161 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Just a lame AF joke.

It wasn't a joke.

#8163 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uh... okay?[quoted image]

Maybe it would make more sense if you didn't have every other post ignored.

#8241 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do they have a working production line?

If the item they are producing is dust bunnies? Perhaps!

#8274 3 years ago

Major positive in this interview is that there were no big foot-in-mouth moments, and Robert was very complimentary of others in the industry and even his own employees. Kinder, gentler Robert is a more likeable Robert. Definitely a positive step in the right direction. He's also paying his employees during the shutdown.

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Completely agree. Life has a way with beating us all down and its intelligent people that learn and adapt. I agree this was Robert's finest moment so far and I have altered my attitude towards him and Deeproot. Kaneda asked some difficult questions while being respectful and Robert answered them appropriately.
I really enjoyed the show.

Agreed...I can definitely get behind Deeproot more now that Robert has decided to be a more positive and less egotistical figurehead of the company.

2 weeks later
#8470 3 years ago

The company I work for had our web sites all crash yesterday also, and have yet to be restored. Much larger company than the sum of all the Deeproot operations. So I am off the conspiracy train on this one.

2 months later
#8703 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Delayed delivery to September due to Covid and interrupted supply chains

Next will be delayed delivery until TPF 2021 due to second wave of COVID in the fall.

1 week later
#8741 3 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

If Dennis Nordman ever quits, there's your sign that DeepRoot is in deep shit because that's the red flag that EVERYONE missed with the whole Heighway Shit Show.
-Steve

This aged well from two years ago. Post #822 in this thread.

1 week later
#8788 3 years ago

Pretty crazy that Suncoast pinball managed to make more machines than Deeproot without spending tens of millions of dollars. Net outcome appears to be the same.

#8808 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This. People need work. Texas isn’t shut down, there isn’t a better time to find Labor at low cost in recent memory

Not until the Federal unemployment bonus ends for good. Most cheap labor has figured out its better to wait it out at home. The temp worker market is barren right now. That ends this week if they do not renew it.

2 weeks later
#8902 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Honestly, Deeproot would have been way better off either investing money in Multimorphic or making games for the P3 platform.

Robert rather smugly said he would sell the Deeproot catalog of innovations to any pinball manufacturer except p3. He said that ship sailed years ago...which makes me think Robert was already rejected by p3 in some way. Probably a smart move by Gerry if that was the case. I am really glad to see Heist doing well for them, it looks like a ton of fun.

#8907 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't say I didn't warn ya bro!
Anybody who passed up the chance when Deeproot was handing money out is basically out of their minds or glutton for punishment. I can't fathom just letting it ride at that point.

Pretty much compulsive gambling at this point. "Double or nuttin, kid!"

#8973 3 years ago

Robert already said RAZA will be a limited run, one and done to satisfy obligations. He said there are better games coming.

#9032 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

People are tacitly encouraging the idea that Deeproot has to deliver on Zidware’s promises.
I’ve never mentioned anyone by name though so I could be talking about anyone.

I don't think anyone wants to see Deeproot fail. A lot of Pinsiders are extra hard on DR because Robert came in here guns a blazing initially and made some pretty outrageous claims and promises. He also was pretty outwardly disparaging of the competition. He has missed every deadline by months and even more than a year in some cases, and what has been shown so far is nowhere near the level of what was bragged about initially. You're darn right people are going to be skeptical and downright cynical at this point. But Robert has shown some change in his demeanor, as well as some humility. Robert did make good on the promise of paying off the affected Zidware customers who decided to take the cash option.

#9065 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Speaking of Musk, pinball machines are indeed laughably primitive. "Innovations" like LCD screens and RGB inserts are like putting a Ring video doorbell on a 200 year old house. Doesn't change the fact it's 99% ancient.
So yeah, radical innovations are possible. But I doubt they're gonna come from a nut job like Jpop or a boss who seems to think art is all that matters.

There you go practicing law without a license again!

#9067 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My true sin was giving the correct advice

Hahahahaha!

#9099 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here's hoping the launch goes well!

JJP-Stern-Deeproot....its going to be a crowded cage match of new games this September! Someone please photoshop Uncle Gary diving off the ropes and bodyslamming Jack, while Robert has a folding chair in his hand attempting to finish the other two off. pleeeease?

#9245 3 years ago

Deepwho? Stern is back to eating everyone's lunch as usual. A lame teaser isn't going to cut it any more, guys.

#9281 3 years ago

I can buy a Stern JP for $5500 shipped to my door, play the snot out of it for 3 months and sell it for $5200. There are not many hobbies you can get into where you only lose 4% of your all-in cost in the short term. The "value per dollar" argument is gibberish.

1 week later
#9628 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

I think we are years from that happening.

#9681 3 years ago

Confirmed not to be Gremlins. I guessing one of: Goonies, BTTF, Top Gun or ET.

#9855 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

4 1/2 hours to go!!
[quoted image]
...and "O-N-E" ... Pmsl , you broke convention, what happened to "1"??
I thought you meant a Theme and actually wanted This!?? RotfL!

Lol, it's only 7AM Sunday in Robert-land...you may be waiting a while.

#9892 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You didn‘t mishear but reality happened.

Screenshot_20200920-123733_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200920-123733_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9954 3 years ago

I am just over here preparing to process all these new innovations coming tomorrow.

2uxh8u (resized).jpg2uxh8u (resized).jpg
#10059 3 years ago

Deeproot was only days from announcing in March. Then they cancelled due to COVID. Was it really COVID, or was COVID just a convenient excuse? Robert said his supply chain was disrupted, so that pushed back the reveal again when things got rolling earlier this summer. Well, if you are not even set up to manufacture yet at the end of September....well that earlier statement was a load of bullshit too.

So what really went on the last couple months? For a company that is still clinging to the "pinball is easy" saying as of a couple weeks ago....this seems awfully hard.

What happens to the folks who are owed machines? Are they going to modify the terms and give them THREE machines now? What a mess.

#10113 3 years ago

Haha whoever had "Rick Rolled", you win!

#10180 3 years ago

Robert says the launch is delayed, according to Kaneda.

#10188 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Robert's entire existence is a delay. Literally nothing has been on time. I want deeproot to succeed, but I mean come on...

Apparently this is how he thinks he is going to "Stick it to Stern".

#10198 3 years ago

Update: Delayed beyond today. LMAO!!!

#10214 3 years ago

Only a week ago....the balls on this guy must be the size of beach balls, or this is just some elaborate con.

Screenshot_20200921-124702_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200921-124702_Facebook (resized).jpg
#10293 3 years ago

Robert, you literally put up a date for reveal on your web site and then proceeded to talk shit on your competitors all week while showing absolutely nothing...and now you backpedal and say you were only "hoping" to launch on Monday. In case nobody has told you yet today, you look like a horses ass. My guess is the 6 people in attendance gave Robert a hard dose of reality. I would not be at all surprised if the launch never happens at all after this.

#10315 3 years ago

I am calling it now...Deeproot folds by October.

#10404 3 years ago

There has to be one of these 6 people or a previous employee that can give everyone the lowdown anonymously somehow.

#10785 3 years ago

Figured out where they got the design idea for the lock down bar.

Vacation_006Pyxurz-1024x720 (resized).jpgVacation_006Pyxurz-1024x720 (resized).jpg
#10874 3 years ago

Deeproot- Just put RAZA in a standard lower cab with the new backbox, learn some humility, and sell the damn game for less than a Stern Pro. If you were able to sell a version of that "family truckster" inspired apron for $5k, you can sell a standard cab machine for even less.

#10884 3 years ago

I think I may now be able to figure out why Nordman bailed on them.

#11000 3 years ago

Hmm...now I need to decide between Food Truck and Punny Factory. Time for a poll!

Also, those gas lift shocks do not have great longevity. In a couple years, you'll be using a broomstick to prop that thing up.

#11268 3 years ago

They seemed to completely hide manufacturing capability from the announcement, which leaves me with the impression they have zero at this time. If that is the case, I'd be shocked if games were available to ship before Q3 or Q4 2021.

#11282 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Anyone find it strange that Cary Hardy isn't giving his opinion of any of this stuff? The video was just him reading the TWIP article. The only thing I picked up on is that he wasn't happy with the "orange peel" finish of the playfield. Is he not allowed to say if the game is any good?

He is bound by the NDA, and Robert only released them from the parts of the NDA covered in the TWIP article. However, that NDA could probably be easily challenged in court if it came down to it, but who has the time and money for that? Cary could surely say "my feelings" or "in my opinion" and sidestep a lot of what is covered in the NDA. However, I am sure he wants to be invited back again sometime...so he has to tow the company line and be the mouthpiece for Robert. This is the fine line podcasters must walk when they decide to head toward growth and income over just doing a podcast for fun. Everyone has a price...

...but controlling the narrative with your big hammer every step of the way can backfire on you as well.

#11357 3 years ago

I see the Pinbar (TM) being a big problem for those folks at shows and tournaments that like to rest their large overhanging gut on the lockdown bar. Hopefully Deeproot did some testing on this.

#11492 3 years ago

Deeproot would be smart to just contract out manufacturing the first title to AP. From what I hear, they have the space. Let AP do your first build, while you build up your own manufacturing ability. This also gives you some positive cash flow as games go out. If they maintain a good relationship, AP could be used for manufacturing surges when demand spikes.

#11513 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s like..a cluster of nerves right there too, right where the corner of the PainBar will dig into! It’s a pressure point, in an almost biblical spot that echoes Subliminally and culturally through the ages. Get me down off this pincross!!!

I am pretty sure they designed this "feature" specifically for Fire and Brimstone, the non-denominational religious blockbuster!

#11515 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'll drop this gem again...

Every time I see this guy, I think he is "Mikey" on the old Orange County Choppers show. Acts about the same.

#11568 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Bad hygiene and a 50 to 1 man woman ratio.

And crop dusting. You can't illustrate crop dusting with photos.

#11654 3 years ago

Can any one of the "Special 6" comment on why there was a professional camera crew there for the event? Doesn't make a lot of sense if the game didn't even play. That had to be a whole lot of awkward.

#11677 3 years ago

Saw this floating around the web...too funny.

FB_IMG_1600953181452 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1600953181452 (resized).jpg
#11856 3 years ago

It has been a week now. How big was this technical glitch that they could not have at least streamed the game by now after fixing the glitch? Not seeing RAZA flip after all this time is a pretty big warning sign for me.

#11922 3 years ago

In what world is Robert living in that he thought it was prudent to make a social media post slamming the competitors playfields, when he presumably knew his "hammer proof" coating looks horrible? How do you smugly make a social media post sticking your finger in Stern's eye and calling out Dankburg, when you know you have ZERO manufacturing capability? How about going on a podcast and lambasting the reliability of Stern machines, when his own machine couldn't even be flipped at his big reveal?

IMO, these are the management traits of a mental midget, which at a minimum should make most people second guess their investment in those 575 funds. Something just doesn't seem right here. There has to be a bit more back story about why Robert has such an axe to grind with Stern Pinball, the successful company who actually produces pinball machines.

1 week later
#12561 3 years ago

I was surprised to not wake up to a new thread today entitled "A Dark Day for Deeproot".

#12612 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

What happened with the due pinball to the Zidware customers who were supposed to get a pinball in September? Is there a NDA as well? I haven’t seen any infos. Are you guys get a refund? What’s going on.

They are probably up to 6 or 7 free titles of their choice now.

#12615 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I sent an email asking for setting up my official factory tour per the Goodwill Agreement and Bob responded that I was “escalating it to a legal matter and to never contact him, his company or employees ever again”. Lol

What a slimeball. My guess is the remaining Zidware claimants will be creditors once again when DR folds.

#12689 3 years ago

Did anyone receive their t-shirts?

1 week later
#12842 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Wasnt haggis pinball hammering their playfields first?

Haggis taped a piece of plastic over the playfield and hammered on it. The last I heard, they had not come up with their official method of attaching said piece of plastic to the wood. It was good marketing on their part...nobody would remember their name today if it were not for that video.

#12916 3 years ago

Probably going to charge you something like $99 per mode to unlock them, and they aren't transferable to the next buyer should you sell the machine.

3 weeks later
#13145 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Have they communicated anything regarding the most recently missed deadline to deliver games to the Zidware customers who opted against the refund route?

Good news on that is they say those people will have their games by the end of the year. The bad news is that they never said what year.

3 weeks later
#13994 3 years ago

I'm starting to think Robert & Co. couldn't launch a rock into the water from a riverbank.

#14336 3 years ago

Who is making the playfields for them? In house, or sub-contractor? I would imagine there is a lot of tribal knowledge to building a solid unpopulated playfield in house.

3 weeks later
#15253 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

The big problem with foam core builders like jpop and Denis Nordman is that they only create half ideas. Why? because they can't build a Meg or playfield on their own.
They only have ideas and need a team to complete a playing Whitewood.
That's Why Stern is so successful.
They have John borg who can complete a Whitewood on his own including megs. Same with George gomez he's the king at Stern for the end designs for al games and megs.
Nordmans games had great themes but layout is not better than Balcers designs.

This entire post is horse crap, not based in any fact whatsoever.

#15258 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Long story short, how more you can do yourself the more a pinball design team can make your vision com true.
Because they see what you want and can make it better and more reliable.

Pinball designers have always worked with engineers to carry out their vision. The designer gets all the glory, but its the engineers who made the designs and ideas work.

1 month later
#15984 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also don't forget (from the bankruptcy docs) deeproot is now Zidware's largest (and only secured) creditor.
Which means AP and Cointaker are SOL. Deeproot gets all the IP and gotcha patents, the back of PF LCD could certainly allow for some.... Trolling.
I'm guessing Robert ran the refund/goodwill money through Zidware to pull off that trick? Seriously the whole thing stinks like day old fish.

There you go practicing law without a license again!

#15993 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

47000 sq ft and no assembly line ??? Really ??? I guess when they need to build another machine they just take over their company conference room and wheel in the tool and parts cabinet. Or maybe they throw up a tent in the parking lot. Wow.

I assumed the 47k SF was for the foundry/rolling mill/lumber mill they were setting up for the heavy manufacturing of raw materials. I wonder if they bought their own iron ore mine as well?

1 week later
#16070 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So how will things shake out if the Worst Case Scenario is true?
That they didn't show the Deep Six a production line because there wasn't one, because their goal (like Zidware) was to get bought out and now they're scrambling to figure out production because they have no other choice.

Remember all the talk about licensing their package of hundreds of earth shattering innovations to other manufacturers? Wonder how that is working out for them?

#16226 3 years ago

I am starting to think we may hear and see game #2 before game #1 ships. The news will take the spotlight off game #1's delays, and inject some new money. With the industry changing octo-manufacturing process, this piddly number of games on order to be made will be blown through quickly. The 8-headed beast will need to be fed regularly!

#16289 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

CGC rumored game is Gremlins. It will get made before Raza is my prediction

Gremlins would be a great theme. When I was a kid, I was terrified of the scene where the one goes through the garbage disposal.

#16311 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They have a job posting for anyone who wants to head up support [quoted image]

Pretty easy job for a few months!

#16342 3 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Now, we have a specially-designed Deeproot box which cannot pass through a door to reach its logical and intended destination.

Also, 50% higher shipping cost in theory. The box for a pinball machine is the narrower size it is due to being able to fit exactly 3 wide across a trailer. Pinfaux will only fit 2-wide.

#16352 3 years ago

I'm not sure if this one was posted before...but yikes!

Screenshot_20210304-121905_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210304-121905_Chrome (resized).jpg
#16361 3 years ago

I wouldn't read into the building being for sale at all. DR leases the space, and the building owner is what is changing hands. Deeproot isn't selling the building, and a new owner most likely would not be tossing anyone out on the street. The sale listing on the building is pretty much a non-story.

1 week later
#16559 3 years ago

The Pittsburgh Pirates currently have better odds at delivering a championship this year then DR has at delivering games this year.

#16566 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

As a concept no, it's not bad.
But... I bet it's a manufacturing disaster. There's only a few lockdown bar stamps in the world... and they need a custom one made for their pathetically small run of games. It's probably costing them a small fortune.

I've designed and built a number of stamping dies. The pinbar probably wouldn't be that hard to build a low production volume die for. Well, you'll need two. One to do the draw operation for the sides, and another to cut the window out. The bigger issue is you are going to probably be looking around a bit for a stamping house that wants to screw around polishing the die and running 120 pieces. The hourly press time rate will reflect this. The edges of the pinbar which wrap around the sides is going to be a bitch to keep straight in a draw forming operation. They might be better off blanking it with notches in the corners, forming it, welding the seam, and then grinding/polishing it out. Thats 3 dies now. Or maybe just laser cut the blanks. This is going to get salty for such a low volume of parts, and further proves why reinventing the wheel is costly.

1 week later
#16901 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That right there is why Spooky succeeded. We didn't make ANY $$$ until games went out the door. You don't work very hard for money that's already in the bank.

I can attest to this on a much, much smaller scale.

2 weeks later
#17365 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This part was the most telling, including Cary's comment about what was in his mind when he was in the building for his visit:

The first 10 seconds of this video from where you linked it reaffirms why I cannot watch Cary Hardy. Good grief that guy overacts.

#17368 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Whats the over reaction?

I said overact, not overreact...he goes way over the top on his mannerisms like he is some kind of acclaimed self-important movie/food/wine critic. I just can't watch it. Maybe I am just getting old, or maybe I have had my fill of edge-lords these days.

#17389 2 years ago

One burning question I have is what are the Deeproot employees doing from day to day now over the last year? There has to be some kind of tangible progress on something there? Raza is done, and was done months ago. Sure, you can still work on code and whatnot...but that is maybe two people total? Given this amount of time, they should have 2-3 other games darn near where RAZA is by now. There is not enough profit in RAZA to even cover one month of the $750k monthly cash burn that was bragged about previously. How many employees are currently on the roster at DR? I feel like the actual number may actually be a lot less than what we are all thinking it is.

1 week later
#17630 2 years ago

What a colossal waste of money that facility is. How many employees did DR top out at in Texas? They could have built 150 games in a building the size of their cafeteria. If they manage to clear 1k profit on each game, they only need to sell about 3000 units to break even on the rent, at least.

#17731 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

They didn't discuss that detail. But going soley by the layout they would have to bring the finished games into the lab room where the truck roll up door is at. Which means they would have to roll them passed the break area onto a lift elevator that was obviously installed for the purpose of getting items up a floor without using the stairs and it was installed within the last month or they chose not to polish out the construction of that area. Then they would have to roll them through that fab area. Quite a long trek honestly. Although there was a closer glass door exit - but wasn't designed for loading trucks.

Why would you lease a building with the stated purpose of delivering more games per year than all other pinball manufacturers combined, and only have one dock door. A dock door that is nowhere near your production area? Were they planning to modify the building? Or where they never planning to make games there? Were they ever even planning on making games? But hey, there is a workout center!

#17767 2 years ago

A couple weeks ago, Trek bikes went from telling people August 2022 delivery on ordered bikes to "we are no longer taking preorders". And even better, most of the dealers are requiring 100% payment up front to secure the order.

#17790 2 years ago

Look at the huge "PINBAR" billboard they are putting on the side of the pinball hall of fame!

FB_IMG_1618677944385 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1618677944385 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#18177 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

With all the job offerings it looks like money is still available. That's good news.
Question will be if they will find good people and be able to manage them, or just think if you hire all these people things will suddenly materialise without good guidance or experience. At least we can talk extra months about that.
I do wonder why they expect in every job offering you need to be able to lift a certain weight ????
Everyone needs to help assemble games ?
Where I live It's probably not even legal to demand that for such type jobs as it looks a way to not hire women/disabled people..

They can post job listings all day...alert us when they actually fill any of them. Until then, it is window dressing.

1 week later
#18342 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are these on location to play yet? I’d like to finally give one a try.

There's one in San Antonio, in a pretty empty office building. I think the address is 12621 Silicon Dr, San Antonio, TX 78249.

#18352 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No no, tomorrow is officially mid-May, and + some hours if you count that there are 31 days. The question is, how many days/months past that until we hear something?

Robert didn't say which May...

#18460 2 years ago

After July 4th....Humm, could it be because July 5th is the first business day of Q3?

#18520 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Agree or disagree? RAZA is the most innovative pinball machine ever made.
(R. Mueller, Pinball Profile, Episode 292, December 2020, https://www.pinballprofile.com/episode-292-deeproot-pinball-panel-discussion-on-raza/)

P3 is 1000% more innovative than anything DR has shown.

#18525 2 years ago

Let's say UL listing is the holdup. Why can't you be putting cabinets together a while? Why can't you be working on subassembles? And why can't you share a single picture of anything whatsoever? Robert already said that they were only waiting on a few parts a couple updates ago. Do they even have any parts on hand?

The notion that hiring people is too hard right now is BS. According to his PPP loan info, he has enough people on hand to get some machines built. Pinball is easy, right? Anyone can do the assembly, that's why you only pay them $11/hr, right?

#18544 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The market for pinball assets is microscopic.

I'll give them $200 for the completely unnecessary Belovac vacuum press in their R&D shop. I'd go more, but it is not the plug assist model.

1 week later
#18725 2 years ago

I know what I call a Baywatch with no legs. IMMACULATE.

2 weeks later
#18888 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Or maybe there is a daycare in the building now. The empty space and lunch room looked ideal for that

From what I hear from people who worked with him in the past, working with Jpop is akin to running an adult daycare.

4 weeks later
#19550 2 years ago

If Stern decided you need join a club to get a game, made you commit to buying the game with no gameplay video, and made you put a deposit on said game for up to 18 months before shipping, pinheads would be ready to storm Chicago.

#19714 2 years ago

Robert, please let me know how many $13/hr assembler applicants you get who can read schematics.

These postings read like Robert wrote them himself.

#19748 2 years ago

Sheetz and Rutters convenience store chains here in the Alabama portion of Pennsylvania have signs out for $18/hr right now. The company I work for cannot get entry level production workers right now at $23/hr because everyone else is paying more. PA minimum wage is $7.25.

#19775 2 years ago

Goonies isn't all that far off of Indiana Jones, and blows the doors off a theme like Wonka among the 30-40 something crowd. I'd have Goonies long before a dad rock pin, or Munsters.

#19828 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

They have their own thread. Its very cult like. Worth checking out though just for fascination purposes. They used to post in here but they got sick of all our "negativity" (Aka reality of the situation). Its the RAZA pre-order thread
It is interesting though, you can see a lot of them are really getting fed up with the situation. Some are coming to their senses. Others don't care. They think they have some kind of lotto ticket.

Yelobird just blocks people who have a different world view from him. Hard to look at reality when you create your own echo chamber.

#19831 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Say what? I have yet to have a single person blocked. Maybe your just not that interesting to reply to?

I asked you a specific question, which you completely ignored.

#19863 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Anyone else hoping to see an actual Food Truck in the parking lot photos?
Aaron
FAST Pinball

You laugh, but one of the only redeeming qualities about occasionally going down to work at our facility in Texas is the $1 burrito truck that comes at 9:30 AM every day. I wish we had that here!

#19894 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You asked about my decisions which last I checked I didn't need to get permission from you to make nor clarify.

Wrong, I legitimately asked about why you felt a certain way. But go ahead and slather on your typical arrogant snark as usual.

Screenshot_20210716-173438_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210716-173438_Chrome (resized).jpg
#20114 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think there is the potential to be a third party developer in the industry, much like in the video game industry, but this is not how to go about it. Joe Kamikow and Dennis Nordman have done it with Stern, Scott Danesi fell into it with Spooky, it looks like Riot is going to do it with American Pinball, and Multimorphic has had a few people write software games for their modules. The key difference is those are small operations who understand what manufacturers want.

I really don't think Deeproot went into this with the plan to become a 3rd party developer though. It would make no sense for Robert to come out of the gate and put every manufacturer on blast about their low quality products, and then go on and on about how you are going to manufacture bigger and better than anyone has ever seen before. You need to be a bit more friendly to the industry if you expect to be a partner with them.

#20133 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah. I think we figured they have more toilets than employees. Just a fun dumb thing to notice.

#20196 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Computers and a welder for sure.. They may have other shop equipment like a CNC to route cabinets and playfields, maybe a vacuum former? Perhaps a giant commercial printer? You never know what they may have bought.

I saw a Belovac vacuum forming machine in one of the photos.

#20316 2 years ago

Maybe they moved to a smaller facility which is more apt for small scale pinball construction? 120ish games could be built in a couple 15x20 storage units. Not sure they would need a janitor though.

#20347 2 years ago

Did anyone who is owed a game bother following up with an email this week asking for an update?

#20447 2 years ago

What is the status of the hammer tested t-shirts? Who won the slogan contest?

#20505 2 years ago

Seems odd that Stern buying all the parts up is keeping Deeproot from manufacturing. Robert himself told us that they would be producing all the parts and assemblies from the ground up in their "heavy manufacturing area". So what parts exactly are Stern keeping them away from? I thought Robert said they already had most of the parts on hand back in January? The main holdup back then was the UL certification.

#20652 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm pretty sure that's a load of crap. Typical Iceman.
How would Deeproot explain to investors of a competitor company building their machines? Is this the path forward to dominating the industry?
Don't forget that Deeproot hyped themselves as having proprietary, double secret, "Quad Manufacturing". Something so revolutionary they can't risk showing a picture of a parts bin to faithful customers. - Hoo boy

Nah, Robert said they are bored with quad manufacturing, and octo manufacturing will change the world.

1 week later
#21407 2 years ago

How have we not heard a thing from Steve Bowden through all of this?

#21417 2 years ago

Maybe this is the electronic media cleanup before some kind of bad news drops...a news release not controlled by Robert.

#21838 2 years ago

This thread is like driving by a car accident. You know its bad for everyone, but you still have to slow down and look anyway to be reminded of reality.

#21841 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It’s not bad for anyone. Except deep derp and jshit.

Its bad for anyone else who wants to start a pinball company some day. You telling me that large scale scammers don't hurt the pinball community as a whole?

#21992 2 years ago

Here are our cats cracked out on catnip...kind of like what happens when Jpop hits the Starbucks for the third time of the day.

20210803_174554 (resized).jpg20210803_174554 (resized).jpg
#22105 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Last I checked, Bob wasn't registered with the Texas Bar Association to practice law. I could be wrong though.
Either way, he isn't going to spend any of his stashed millions hiring a lawyer to defend a defunct company.

He is up to date on the Texas Bar site. Specializes in wills and probate.

#22177 2 years ago

BTW dr is intended to be an assembly operation, not a manufacturer. They wouldn’t manufacture anything, rather they would purchase parts and components and then they would assemble, test and package games. Stern, CGC, Spooky, American Pinball and JJP are true manufacturers as they produce various components of a final build.

I think you have it backwards.

Deeproot claimed they were going to build everything top to bottom in house in their "heavy manufacturing area". Boards, playfield parts, everything.

Stern and the rest of the manufacturers buy most of the parts they use from outside suppliers. Stern makes very little in house. They don't make ramps, posts, coils, inserts, ball troughs, etc. Stern is an assembly line, not a part manufacturer.

#22197 2 years ago

Don’t forget wiring harnesses - Stern cornered the market on building a unique harness for every title rather than a universal design lol. Maybe that is considered an assembled product. Stern probably makes some ramps, metal guide and their own plastics? Plus they “make” their own major assemblies.

Stern doesn't make plastic ramps. I know who they use for that. They don't laser cut their own metal ramps. They may bend material into shape using the precut metal parts, but thats more assembly...not manufacture.

1 week later
#22875 2 years ago

That guy was so damn smug in every interview he did, while he knew all along he was just a thief. I hope he gets Bernie Madoff time.

#23174 2 years ago

I wonder if I can snatch up that Belovac vacuum former in their shop when they have the auction? You guys would at least get some needed pinball ramps out of this mess.

#23200 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please, everybody stop with the religion conversation. Just stop.[quoted image]

I'm way more into discussing why he traded in a wife or two for not looking good enough, when he looks like a Blimpie mascot himself.

#23541 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Rarehero what do you think the median income for a game studio CGI animator in Salt Lake City would be? Times 40, add 20% for SS, UEI, MC, insurance and that's their yearly burn for salary alone?
I'm guessing 80k so a 4m/year burn MINIMUM? I ask because I think the "studios" was a HUGE % of the spend. Maybe as much or more than pinball.
Addendum: Robert does (did) offer very competitive salaries and benefits. I know because he tried to hire me too.
One more edit: Robert stealing 3m is peanuts compared to what he probably spent on salaries when fully staffed.

Robert himself bragged about a $750k per month spend on overhead, which wouldn't take too long to get into 8-figure territory. 14 months to be more exact...and this sounds like it went on for a year or two at least. I don't think this guy was smart enough to park money offshore for a rainy day...he did everything out in the open using his corporate credit cards!

Not having enough money to pay dividends to investors last fall tells me its all gone. Demanding preorder money while pushing the FOMO angle was a real headscratcher at the time, but I bet Robert was so tapped out that he was hoping to raise a couple million worth of cash to buy him another month or two of time with investors. A Spooky sized run of 1500 machines at an average of $2k down between people who paid in full and the 10% deposit crowd, would have netted DR $3M cash.

I am sure this saga will take several years to shake out, but I will be interested to see where the PPP money went. We know it didn't go toward paying salaries.

#23576 2 years ago

FYI, the Ben Heck interview is up on the Kaneda podcast page.

#23617 2 years ago

Maybe we can start a Gofundme to help wife #3 pay for her divorce from Robert?

#23776 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Anybody in the market for a signed JPOP magic girl proto drawing?
No?
I’ll make you a good deal!
No?
Okay…
[quoted image]

Send me $75, then I'll send you my address that you can mail it to.

#23858 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Probably goes without saying, but the possibility that a handful of pinball enthusiasts performing armchair investigation might play some small part in Robert's prosecution (especially since the scope of this is much larger than just the pinball company)... truly intoxicating.

Its called a "justice boner".

#24059 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

As both Jpop and Zidware have declared bankruptcy, shouldn't the company and website now be dissolved?

No. In the US, Bankruptcy is often used as a tool to restructure debt AKA get out of paying people everything owed, so businesses or individuals can continue on.

#24093 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So what are the odds the RAZA they sent in for certification caught on fire during the testing?

What are the odds they never sent a game for certification, and that story was all bullshit.

#24100 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Goatseroot
[quoted image]

Needs one of those big fake jewels in the middle...you know what I am talking about.

#24183 2 years ago

Deeproot: The Tale of Two Fuckwads

#24349 2 years ago

Shots fired! Am I the only one that thinks it would be super cool to make a youtube video series where Dennis freelance designs a game from start to finish and talks about the pinball industry through the ages? There could even be an entire episode on "Nordmanite (TM)".

#24360 2 years ago

I am starting to wonder is Jpop is going to be marriage partner #4 for Robert. They seem like a good couple!

#24365 2 years ago

I think I need to revise my last post about J-Pop marrying Robert...there is clearly someone else who loves him even more.

Quoted from iceman44:

If Spooky can build them why would you assume Jpop can't?

Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds like Woz Honch? He will deliver, I've seen enough of MG, if the MG guys were to say they are disappointed id like to hear it.

Quoted from iceman44:

John is what he is. A genius pinball designer, one of the best ever. I can wait

Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure John would acknowledge OCD. He really is amazing, all these great designers and coders are. I think you'll see future pins roll a lot more smoothly as he gets his foundation in place.

#24503 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Is it just me, or do you think the liquidators auction of deeproot pinball will be fascinating......kinda like seeing behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz movie

Spoiler: It isn't going to be a very big auction. They don't have anything.

#24572 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:Yeah no artist ever takes inspiration from other artist work, especially things that have been part of pop culture since the 1800's. Taking inspiration for a sketch does not make you a thief and a piece of shit.

Enough already...you are a broken record.

#24596 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Which means…spending freeze.

I'm guessing this is more than a voluntary freeze....the well has run dry.

#25019 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Pretty much the exact conversation I've had with nearly every sales guy that overpromised a new product I was working on. That's why engineering should always dictate timelines.

I'm a big fan of sales guys coming in with a drawing of a new product idea on a napkin which is physically impossible to make due to the laws of physics. I told the last one to finish the drawing before you start drinking next time.

#25515 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Ben, why even deal with him.
You are known worldwide, your name searched on Google gives about 35,600,000 results.
Iceman here on the other hand, he only exists on this forum

Doug (Iceman) is just mad that money can buy him lots of things, but it will never be able buy him a good reputation in the pinball community

1 week later
#25747 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well, Originally the term was a derogatory term applied to us by surface fleet sailors, and we just pissed them off more by embracing the term and using it ourselves.
There is a major rift between surface sailors and bubbleheads, because there are only two types of Naval vessels... submarines and targets.
And yes, reactor operators were the top of the top of the heap. The saying was the top 10% of the Navy was nuclear power operators and reactor operators were the top 10% of that.
However, we were also the most despised nukes amongst ourselves because we had a real "Hollywood" reputation. We never got dirty, we took Hollywood showers, and the worst thing that could ever happen to us was breaking a finger nail.
I wish I could say that wasn't true, however it totally was... but only after about 4 patrols and getting some crusty sea salt behind your ears and cleaning a bilge pocket or two.

Dated a girl years ago whose father was a reactor operator in the Navy. Upon leaving the Navy, he became a reactor operator at Three Mile Island. He was operating the other reactor the day of the meltdown. He just retired about 5 years ago as one of the last employees still there from when the accident happened. They shut the place down entirely a couple years ago. He was always pretty chill, unlike some of the other submarine guys I've met around here. They definitely can have a bit of an attitude.

Back on topic, Robert is still a jackass.

#25793 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

First Ice loses his rare Shiny RAZA... A second time. Then he loses his punching bag... Me.
The gin must flow!

Isn't he busy selling his collection off to spite Pinside?

#25818 2 years ago

Foam core is for amateurs...use Gatorfoam. Sign shops have it in all different thicknesses, and it is way more sturdy than foam core. You can actually play on it without damage.

https://www.gator-board.com/

#25821 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hm maybe I should check it out.

The real selling point of this stuff is that it does not warp under direct moisture or humidity. The Model Railroad folks have been singing praises about this stuff for 25 years now.

1 week later
#25927 2 years ago

Feds are going to go wizard mode on his ass by the time this is all done.

#25995 2 years ago

My orange cat is judging the shit out of your orange cat.

20210927_183951 (resized).jpg20210927_183951 (resized).jpg
#26037 2 years ago

Looks like Robert was going to great lengths to not have to use a soldering iron to fix a game. Sounds good on paper, but there is no way at all you could produce all these new proprietary pieces in the USA and then boast that you will sell these machines for a fraction of what a Stern Pro sold for at the time.

1 week later
#26174 2 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:So did we ever work out what was going to happen for the 5 days of Deep Root?

Day 1: Mueller and wife charged criminally
Day 2: Trial begins
Day 3: Verdict reached
Day 4: Sentencing
Day 5: Report to prison

1 week later
#26368 2 years ago

The thing is, he was so arrogant and grandiose in his plans, the majority of his customer base was quite suspicious from day one. This surely had a bearing on how many orders were placed when the ordering period opened. If he would have been humble and kept his mouth shut from the beginning, there would have been many more hundreds of pinheads taken by this.

1 week later
#26506 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Is it me or is this guy walking around random factories pretending it’s his factory? The people working didn’t seem to like him (or know him). And the water curtain? Uncle Joe must sell those on Amazon and this guy walking around it. And why does he need to get into a truck to show you his factory. Bizarre

He talks quieter around the machines in the shops because he doesn't want people working there to hear him taking claim of those facilities as "his". These are most likely subcontractor facilities that are producing parts for him. There is no way all of that equipment is just being used for Pinball. Also, where is the machine assembly area?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
346 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jodyg. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.