Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago

How much for them to come build my machine at my house? That's the only important question.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Some last minute changes happening with the interview, and we're going to get more info from deeproot than I initially thought. More on that later but if you have any additional questions for them, please PM me or share them here and I'll ask if I haven't already.
epthegeek and jgentry, thanks for your questions, those are important but I may skip them

Should be a very interesting interview. I hope they truly knew what they were getting when they hired JPOP and did not think they had 3 complete games ready to go at that point. More pinball is a good thing but they are going to have a lot of hurdles to get over.

I still want to know how much it costs for JPOP to fly to Wisconsin, ruffy Ben Heck and fly him to my house to assemble my game

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'll quote Ben heck "This can only end in tears."
Except for like 18 "lucky" Magic Girl owners I guess.

Pretty sure there was still tears. Tears of happiness when it finally arrived. A different kind of tears when they tried to play a game on it.

1 month later
#225 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

cross-functional staffing resulting in higher productivity and decreased manufacturing costs."

This essentially means that the people in the picture get to design the games, order the parts, build an assembly line, build the games, sell the games, ship the games, and support the games. It's going to be so much more efficient then stern though and having Dennis who designed the game also build the game will save them tons in time and money........

Get in on the ground floor while you still can. Only a certain number of investors are going to be given a chance at this golden egg.

#293 6 years ago

Why does a company that can't manufacture games yet need 3 pinball designers? This whole thing is stranger then the "thank me for Elvira 3" nonsense.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is there ANY reason to actually believe any of these guys have signed on a deal with an exclusive to deeproot?
If anything the deeproot marketing scheme seems to currently be all about disruption and ego, and nothing else. I am not sure why anyone currently believes a word they are saying?
That staged/sniped picture (and the way that Dennis, and Barry appear to not even want to be in the picture) makes me thing this was all part of the ploy. Deeproot possibly brought them in for a few days to try and negotiate a deal and then took this single sloppy picture to try and bolster up a perceived foundation of exclusive talent. If you really had signed an exclusive for these big deal industry guys, wouldn't you at least get a few real photos of them actually posed together in front of your amazing new building? They of course are not going to come out and say anything if they are currently on a retainer and a deal is still being inked, so perfect timing to dump a crappy staged photo from the original meeting on the web.
The deeproot model of disruption seems to be all big claims and ideas...
1. I am going to build a Bible theme pinball (it his my idea anyway, not Ben Hecks whom has been working on putting this together for a few years)
2. I actually am a game designer along with being a lawyer
3. I came up with the idea for Elvira 3! (lol)
4. Look, I sniped david, dennis, barry, and dennis. Look at me, look at me!
5. How many lawsuits should I file (guessing Jpop was brought on just for the patents and so more lawsuits can be started?)
6. We are going to build a houdini game also... The 'real' Houdini game as intended by Jpop (side bar, did anyone remember how crappy that thing was when it showed up at expo, lol)
It has taken this 'company' 3 years to get to this stage...

Well if they haven't signed an exclusive deal I'm pretty sure they would be disputing it after all of these announcements.

Time will tell what becomes of this. Maybe another pinball option, maybe nothing. It's definitely off to a strange start but American Pinball had a rough start and still found a way to pull through and is just starting to ship games. So anything is possible, even if it's unlikely.

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Unless they're still busy working out a deal, then you don't talk in hope of getting hired and getting paid. No reason for the designers to make public statements and don't get hired anymore.
And about their quad thing assembly - maybe their plan is to hire Ben Heck who'll assemble the game at your home for $1000.

The reverse is true also though. If you are trying to lock up a big name designer you do you post contractual information that isn't finalized.

I'm only paying $1000 if JPOP and Ben come assemble my game. That video of Ben's face when he said that was priceless. I need to dig that up and watch it again lol.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Our only response to AP's post is that their statements are not true, they contradict their attorney's private statements, they contradict the contract they voluntarily drafted and entered into with John, and (as to the trademark) appear to contradict federal law. We are proceeding with John's original Houdini design but not the Houdini name; which is consistent with our prior statement.
-dP

No one cares about this, what we really want to know is how much more purple will be added to the design?

1 week later
#536 6 years ago

Definitely sounds like the playfields are not going to be made of wood. Otherwise I volunteer to be the official sledgehammer playfield whacker guy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.