Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11344 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

11 hours later...

That was an epic fail of Deeproot proportions.

september 2020 goes down in history as the month of failures for both videogames and pinball?
- sony ps5 launch is an utter mess
- jjp reveal is nothing more than a smoke and mirrors tease for another date
- deeproot unveiling doesn't
- microsoft xbox series s/x launch proves that even a planned launch can be as much of a mess an an unplanned one (see ps5 above)

#11520 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Clue #3, Fast forward to Expo 2014 i think it was or 2015, same one as the TBL launch and Hobbit artwork reveal disaster. And of course John bringing in the famous RAZA cab with those fancy lightening bolt hinges. It was just a freaking cab and while TBL was a scam then at least they actually had a flipping pin.

I thumbs down you because TBL was not a scam, just a bad situation that arose between DP and the company (ARA) that they had contracted out to build them.

to be best of my knowledge, barry is still building TBLs to [try] and honor all of the early achiever pre-paids and is making progress.

and while deeproot hasn't taken any money, it's been 4+ years of empty promises without a viable product to purchase and people are getting tired of the same old song and dance.

#11521 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I prefer to spend my pinball time actually playing pinball, not a shitty video game. "Tap the moving thing on the iPad" is for seniors with dementia to keep their brains active.

hey now! I resemble that remark

#11874 3 years ago

after watching cary hardy's video I have a new respect for what they are attempting to do but have a few questions

- if the game is started, players added, etc... all options done through the pinbar, this is probably going to be an expensive item that no operator (or home owner) is going to have an extra on hand to get their game back up and running should it fail (unlike a simple push button start button). and like how stern promised that node boards would be cheap to produce (but leaving out the part that it will cost the end user an arm & a leg), I'm guessing that replacement pinbars will not be cheap.
also, if they're not readily available, this equals a game that will be down for a extended period of time (something that operators / home use only owners will not be thrilled about

- does the playfield glass lift and open all of the way (perpendicular to the floor)? if so, what is the ceiling requirement? (I'm guessing at least an 8' minimum). if it doesn't lift all the way and isn't removeable, this really limits just how far you can lift the actual playfield up to be able to work on the underside of playfield

#11883 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Strongly dislike this idea. I enjoy the tactile satisfaction of walking up to a game and BANG-BANG add a couple players from a real start button. Why are they spending thousands (millions?) of development dollars to make the simplest things harder AND less fun to do?
Cargument time! It's like when they replace volume & climate knobs with a touchscreen. That is NOT an upgrade.

agreed. hence why ford (and other auto companies) have gone back and replaced most of those touchscreen controls back to physical switches. too many customers complaining about losing the ability to do anything when the touchscreen stops working.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Pinball aside, I can't Stand crap old cars with the temp control knobs. Do you want to be more blue or red? WTH does that even mean? Give me a simple set temperature on the screen and done for life. Some advancements Are common sense.

apparently, you've never seen the year with out a santa claus. what the colors blue and red represent is pretty evident
1heatcoldmiser (resized).jpg1heatcoldmiser (resized).jpg

#12098 3 years ago

how would you use the pinbar to navigate the menus if you have the playfield glass raised and the playfield in service position?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.