View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoteldrummer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23080 2 years ago

Wait, Deeproot was a scam all along?!!! Who saw this coming? Totally blindsided by this!! It seemed SO real the first few years of getting nothing!

noway (resized).pngnoway (resized).png
#23120 2 years ago
Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 11.39.33 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-21 at 11.39.33 AM (resized).png
#23122 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's soon to have no wives.

HE will be someones wife soon

#23250 2 years ago
89DB75BD-6493-4593-A4E2-E5B722E707CF (resized).jpeg89DB75BD-6493-4593-A4E2-E5B722E707CF (resized).jpeg
#23272 2 years ago
Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 5.24.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-21 at 5.24.32 PM (resized).png
#23313 2 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Exclusive footage of the last deeproot funds meeting, before the SEC gave RM a free proctology exam

Hahahahahahahaha!!!! DEEPTHROATROOT WORLDWIDE!!!!!

#24018 2 years ago

Wait what???

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 8.44.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-24 at 8.44.07 PM (resized).png
#24414 2 years ago
Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 4.45.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-26 at 4.45.47 PM (resized).png
3 months later
#27211 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Robert found a new way to pay off all his child support during the trial:[quoted image]

Hilarious. Im kinda new to the whole Deepthroat, I mean Deeproot scandal and my wife and I keep asking the same question, why didnt other employees like Steve Bowden ever say anything? How could they not know what was going on? I realize these things have been talked about a million times over but I was kind of purposely staying out of it and have only recently started reading threads and listening to old podcasts on this entire train wreck of a story. Any thread page references would be helpful so I can just go straight to them for info.

#27217 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

They didn't talk probably due to NDA, respect, and hope among other things. Its been discussed countless times. There is a key post reference toward the top of the page.

Again, I know it has been talked about, just finally decided to jump in and research this entire thing. Thank you for the info on the reference

#27218 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The “Why didn’t Bowden speak out and save us all from Mueller?!” Thing has got to be the strangest and most misplaced angle of this entire episode.
I really don’t get it. He was a paid employee of Deep Root, and was under zero obligation to “speak out” and tell people deep Root sucked. Not in his job description. Don’t see why people want to keep trying to foist this off on him.
If something ain’t going so swimmingly at your job is your first instinct to head to the internet and tell the world about it? Seems like a great way to keep getting a paycheck.
And if you think he had some inside knowledge that this was a flat out criminal enterprise while he was working there, I hope you have some evidence to back that up.

You're going to tell me that if YOU worked there and saw there was NO manufacturing and NO REAL intentions of manufacturing the games that YOU KNEW people put money on, you would have the attitude of why should I say anything? Give me a damn break. Would you feel fine with getting a paycheck knowing its coming from a company that is lying and STEALING from people? You can say he didnt know or do I have evidence to back that up, but seriously, to think he didnt know or any other employee didnt know is insane. You really think NOBODY knew? BS!!!!

As for Steve, he got hired by another company which says he could have been hired by another company all along, why would staying to get a paycheck be the reason you completely ignore that there is NO manufacturing going on and you are doing streams of playing the game like everything is normal. If anyone was doing code for the game, doing marketing, doing ANYTHING, the damn janitor would be curious as to what is going on with the final product. But you, like everyone is just all about saying, "he such a great guy", and "he didnt know", and whatever else, F'ning nonsense. He knew, you know it, we know it, everyone knows it. He was under no obligation to speak out is the biggest sack of crap excuse ever made up. Just because you are under no obligation doesn't mean you shouldn't if you have a conscience!!! So if my neighbor is getting robbed and I see it, yeah, I have no obligation to call the cops, but I will! What a lazy response

3 weeks later
#27653 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
Prove that any worker there KNEW there was no manufacturing and never would be. Of course you can't. As with every other company that has ever existed they would have put their own positive spin on any setbacks and made excuses.
You write like you've never had a job. Most people go to work and do the best they can, trusting that it will work out in the end. It's pretty rare that fraud happens on a massive scale and when it does most employees can look back on weird stuff that didn't seem too exceptional at the time.

I own my own company and have employees, you write like you're covering for these people who CLEARLY knew. Stop making excuses for them

#27654 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Weren't you just saying you didn't care to read the 540+ pages of this thread to get the full story? Doesn't seem like great timing for an accusatory tirade where you make assumptions about what the employees actually knew at any point in this very long, very complicated timeline.
We all have the benefit of hindsight here thanks to a lot of people *finally* speaking up about their experiences working at deeproot. It's extremely unfair to judge the employees based on what we now know.

I could care less about the timing, I was simply looking into this story after everyone already beat themselves up over it and made an obvious statement, why didnt anyone say anything? All I see is everyone defending Steve Bowden because "he is a great guy", "he plays really good", "pinball needs someone like him", "he has incredible pinball knowledge", "his playing skills are awesome", and on and on. Seriously, who cares about any of these reasons when its about so many people getting completely ROBBED!? All of a sudden nobody has any morals, integrity, honor and any loyalty to fellow pinheads and buyers? How stupid!? Pinball must be the only industry in the world where you can just pretend you dont know anything and watch all of your peers get torched and its ok because you have killer flipper skills. Some of these people worked at Deeproot for YEARS and youre going to tell me they knew nothing? I guess screwing over people is the norm for pinball and making up idiotic excuses for the people who either did it or could have stopped it is the norm. Dont bother with telling me about how companies run or how businesses do things, I've owned and ran my own for over 24 years and looking at this mess makes me sick. Yeah, Robert was a bully and I'm sure he had everyone sign NDA's and/or more, but seriously, there is no excuse for freaking EVERYONE to just make believe it was all sunshine and lollypops and watch this shitshow unravel. SMH.

#27661 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Apparently Robert was good at fooling almost everyone he ever talked to. I think that the employees just thought he was a rich dick head that wanted to make pinball machines. I am sure they learned that he was a absolute idiot, and had lots of issues - but I doubt they knew that Robert was a major league con artist.

Good point, its just hard to believe that for so long he got away with fooling everyone that came into work over such a long period of time. I think it would help put it to bed if some of the bigger players came out with an explanation of how they were fooled. Some have but it seems there must be much more to the story that would help make more sense of it or at least show them in a more innocent light but I agree with you as far as what they knew about Robert.

#27662 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

What exactly are you asking for these former employees to have done? Nobody appears to have had any knowledge of the SEC stuff until after that news broke publicly. Until that point, all accounts from former employees pointed towards general ineptitude of Mueller, poor leadership, bad decision making, etc. Inefficient and foolish? Sure. Illegal? Not until the “end.”
There aren’t a lot of jobs to be had in pinball. To expect deeproot employees to release an anecdote about every little bit of company drama as it occurred is unreasonable. Many of these people relocated to San Antonio for this gig. Not everyone sits in a comfortable enough financial position to be able to risk their livelihood over this kind of thing. Robert was also notoriously litigious and a vindictive prick, so I would even say these employees were right to hold their cards.
Again, you’re posting with the benefit of hindsight (and job security). Redirect your outrage, man.
[quoted image]

I get it and you make some good points, but isnt it funny how titles, themes and more get leaked like nothing yet for YEARS an entire staff worked at this place and not a clue that something was as crooked as it was? Four cheesy Harbor Freight work benches with one person screwing something together and nobody thought maybe there is an issue? I dont know, just seems strange on so many levels. I was a material planner for Hughes aircraft for years before starting my own company and these things just dont add up to me. I get the size of the company and government contracts vs pinball machines is a big difference but wow, somethings missing IMO

#27664 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No - you see people defending him because we actually know the fucking guy and who he is as a person.
You know nothing jon snow

Jon Snow? Stupid. Name calling, youre my hero. Well since youre such good buddies, why dont you have him explain how he worked on a game for as long as he did, saw nothing being built and just kept on pretending everything was ok? All I read is how good his flipper skills are and how enthusiastic he is for pinball etc, how about take pinball out of it and give us why on a character level why he said nothing? You guys are apparently friends so he must have said something to you about this cool game he is working on yet is curious why there isnt any manufacturing in sight? Next round of beers you have with him, ask him about that instead of how he can cradle the ball so well

#27665 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

The head dude was the one putting out info (of all varieties, falsehoods, titles, BS, grandiose claims, etc). It wasn't the employees leaking. You have a weird focus on the employees here and it only makes sense to you. That should tell you something.

Absolutly NOTHING you said here makes any sense. I have that focus because its straight obvious they knew. Was everyone that worked there completely new to pinball? Was every single person working there just a pick up out of the local paper and had never seen manufacturing before? Get outta here with that shit, makes sense to anyone WITH sense.

#27666 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Jon Snow? Stupid. Name calling, youre my hero. Well since youre such good buddies, why dont you have him explain how he worked on a game for as long as he did, saw nothing being built and just kept on pretending everything was ok? All I read is how good his flipper skills are and how enthusiastic he is for pinball etc, how about take pinball out of it and give us why on a character level why he said nothing? You guys are apparently friends so he must have said something to you about this cool game he is working on yet is curious why there isnt any manufacturing in sight? Next round of beers you have with this "fucking guy", ask him about that instead of how he can cradle the ball so well

2 weeks later
#27965 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This thread was created in 2017 and you joined Pinside in 2020.
And your very first comment in this entire thread was 4 months ago AFTER the SEC announcement.

""The first few years"" with you joining in 2020? Really?? Subsequent posts from you have been bold comments with you pretending you knew all along. Again, after the fact.
This is how conspiracys begin. Some guy scans the headline's, fills in the blanks with a plausible, but bullshit narrative and speaks with such authority that people believe it.
Maybe change your handle to Ice Jr.

Quoted from Mr68:

This thread was created in 2017 and you joined Pinside in 2020.
And your very first comment in this entire thread was 4 months ago AFTER the SEC announcement.

""The first few years"" with you joining in 2020? Really?? Subsequent posts from you have been bold comments with you pretending you knew all along. Again, after the fact.
This is how conspiracys begin. Some guy scans the headline's, fills in the blanks with a plausible, but bullshit narrative and speaks with such authority that people believe it.
Maybe change your handle to Ice Jr.

Who cares when I joined? I've been collecting since the early 90's and have been involved in pins before that. Look at how many times you have posted on here, get a life!!!! I simply commented why didnt anyone say anything and all you dog piled on like you have something to prove. Seriously, get a life! I asked innocently and typically all the know it all A-Holes jumped on like they had to be keyboard commando morons like always. I didnt post "boldly", I am speaking based on basic principles in business and human decency. Typical pinball keyboard warrior though right, maybe you should change your handle to I don't have a life outside of pin threads

#27966 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Umm, we determined something was missing years ago. I get what your saying, but without any sort of proof, what are the employees supposed to do? Quit in protest? The best explanation to me is that people thought RM was some rich idiot with money to blow, who he is/was, but it wasn't his money come to find out. Early on, he said it was his money though. While it was a slow implosion, it really accelerated at the end and thats when everything came into view for everyone, employees included and some did quit.
Anyway, the saga continues.

Fair points, who knows. Hopefully its dead and buried at this point but I'm sure there are tons of legal crap to sort out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoteldrummer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=hoteldrummer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.