Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider halflip87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 6 years ago

Great interview! They certainly aren't lacking in confidence, sheesh...What a crazy time to be in the hobby.

-Doug

10 months later
#1509 5 years ago

Anybody know the status of the offer deeproot was going to make to victims of the Heighway and Dutch disasters?

-Doug

2 weeks later
#1745 5 years ago

I actually enjoyed the seminar. It was well structured and they talked about as much as they could without revealing too much and it was interesting hearing the veteran designers approach to game design during the 80's/90's vs. now.

There was some kool aid drinking going on with the loaded questions of "what new opportunities has deeproot given you" and "how does deeproot allow you design differently" which got tiring because we haven't seen anything from them yet. That aside, it's worth a watch.

-Doug

2 weeks later
#1865 5 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Has anyone seen this yet?! Legit?
[quoted image]

I don't think BTTF was ever officially confirmed by deeproot but in any case, I love the style of the artwork. Where the heck did you find that?

I wonder if they were able to get the rights to Michael J. Fox's likeness. The hat obscuring his face would be a pretty novel way of getting around that.

-Doug

6 months later
#3398 4 years ago

Honestly guys, every time I visit this thread I keep scrolling until I see the deeproot logo and if I don't, I just back out. Sooooo much fluff and no substance. Continue your discussion but lord, I can't wait for an official announcement.

-Doug

6 months later
#5496 4 years ago

The game looks awesome and fun to shoot! Lots of stuff on the playfield that makes me wonder “what does that do?” and “where does the ball go/come out?” which I love.

Kinda curious why deeproot doesn’t have a larger online presence at this point. Where are their social media pages, why isn’t their website updated and why aren’t they out there promoting their appearance at the Houston Arcade Expo? A few podcasts/articles is all well and good, but even if launch is a few months away, it’s time to start marketing!

Start humanizing deeproot — do some employee profiles, factory pics, something!

-Doug

10 months later
#10306 3 years ago

I like this line:

We “hope” to update you during this process...

What the hell does that mean? Why wouldn’t you keep people updated, it’s your own damn company. Either you will or you won’t. So strange.

4 weeks later
#12854 3 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

So did anyone get their free limited run deeproot Hammer Tested (TM) T-Shirt?

No. deeproot is showing the shirt design (fabric blend ratios, proprietary silk-screening process, patented tagging system etc.) to pinball media outlets first, under NDA, for feedback. At which point they’ll redesign it and send it to you in 3 years.

-Doug

1 month later
#13204 3 years ago

I might sound like a Debbie Downer, but I find it hard to believe they were able to fully "go back to the drawing board" and make all necessary adjustments within 2 months of their half-reveal. I hope I'm proven wrong!

Also, since this is the first time we're seeing the final production games in public, we should be able to order these games starting tomorrow, right? That's what any reasonable pinball company would do, instead of failing to capitalize on hype again...

-Doug

2 weeks later
#13992 3 years ago

I’m glad they’re hyping up this release and the opening of the order banks on their social media accounts...*crickets*.

Their website needs help. There are walls of text all over the place and it’s difficult to figure out exactly what you’re getting with the extended warranty, support plan, etc. Also, with Robert’s constant annoyance about dimpled play fields, you’d think they’d really harp on their “PinArmor” play field protection. Yet, there are no hammer demonstration videos, barely a mention on their site and zero reference in any of their videos...

-Doug

#14203 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

[quoted image]
As Deeproot Pinball begins sales of their very first title, Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland, Jonathan from Pinball Magazine and Martin from Pinball News interview Deeproot Pinball's Founder and Principal, Robert Mueller. This in-depth conversation covers all aspects of the company, their first game's development, the options available to buyers, downloadable content, how, when, and where it will be manufactured, news on future titles and so much more.
https://anchor.fm/pinball-industry-news/episodes/Bonus-PINcast-In-depth-interview-with-Robert-Mueller-of-Deeproot-Pinball-enjde8

I’m about 20 minutes in and this is a great interview already. Jonathan and Martin do a good job trying to hold Robert’s feet to the fire. My favorite part is when Robert is asked why they’re taking preorder money when they said they wouldn’t. He essentially answers that he said that a long time ago when he didn’t know what he was talking about. Words have consequences, buddy!

-Doug

#14209 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

“Words have consequences” —>Not with pinball companies!
I remember buying 1 of 500 limited run pinballs from Stern when Stern increased their “limited run” for money grab adding 100 more machines. (Of course other manufacturers have done the same.). The director of marketing pointed me to some fine print that they have the right to change this and other stuff.
From then on I trust none of these guys. Trust through verification, which is sad!
What I have found out is no matter which pinball company & whatever problems they have; they communicate for shit. Some much worse than others.

True! People will throw money their way regardless of what some figureheads say, so at the end of the day it might not matter sales wise. It’s just cathartic to me when people get called out for not doing what they said they would do, especially when they’re so confident and arrogant about it.

We’re actually seeing more from deeproot now than we have in the last few years which, any way you slice it, is a good thing. Robert’s more candid attitude in the interview is refreshing.

-Doug

3 months later
#16545 3 years ago

Couldn’t they just make the PinBar out of plastic if it’s such a pain to make out of steel? Sure, they’d get roasted for “pulling a Homepin” but it does seem more practical, no? Pardon my ignorance, I have no idea about manufacturing.

-Doug

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider halflip87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=halflip87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.