New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 203700)

deeproot Pinball thread

By pin2d

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,728 posts - Hot topic!
  • 814 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 231 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 976 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images8OMY4D5B (resized).jpg
imagesARL2OBQN (resized).jpg
images7W8RJY4F (resized).jpg
thread's dead (resized).jpg
(The Package).jpeg (resized).jpg
pinbar (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1600953181452 (resized).jpg
Cary LKP 1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image-7 (resized).jpg
25F46056-A639-4889-905B-1A2C88A6EDCA (resized).png
94CBE904-0904-4722-837A-FC77C5687552 (resized).jpeg
62BE10BB-29D9-4469-A579-7CBD92F82080 (resized).png
09146835-E934-46F5-B938-4CE43E07C715 (resized).png
20200924152608663_1 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (10 months ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (10 months ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (10 months ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (10 months ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (10 months ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (10 months ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (10 months ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grandnational007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1995 1 year ago

I'm not holding my breath here, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I hope they deliver on their promises, and that the market can bare the quantity of machines they are saying they will be pushing.

It seems highly unlikely that with the amount of money invested, the legitimate facilities that people have seen, the amount of known and proven talent (sans jpoop) on the payrolls, and the time committed (3 years or so at this point), that this thing is all an elaborate masquerade by some huckster. It's more of an aggressive, brute-force, blitzkrieg into pinball manufacturing. Unless it's an elaborate ponzi scheme and/or money laundering scheme, but why pinball, and not something else far more mainstream to fleece far more plentiful and willing investors looking for their next get-rich-quick plan?

I wish them good luck, and am hoping to see what comes of all of this. They have perennial designers on staff of some of the most beloved machines of all times.

More pinball is always good in my book, and maybe, just maybe, this whole thing may drive prices back to sanity on the used market.

2 months later
#2407 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Someone who thinks "guerrilla warfare" is racist doesn't know the etymology of the word or understand that guerrilla and gorilla are different words. Not political, just facts.

Late to the party, but...

He said "gorilla". Not "guerrilla". "Guer", "go"

capron (resized).jpg

cap ron2 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2481 1 year ago

Hmmmmmm, 3 MG's for sale this week alone...

Me thinks the rumor mill may know something after all...

2 months later
#3510 1 year ago

Meh, I'm not offended or alienated by any of these statements. I think it's pretty funny that the CEO is shitposting here to be honest. Some people take pinball SERIOUSLY.

(As an aside, I've never pre-paid for an item that doesn't exist, so I've got no skin the pre-order game; which is really shitty)

Also, he never mentioned any problems with CGC, therefore I should probably be putting my money down on a MMr, AFMr, or a MBr (why I actually haven't yet, I'm not sure...)

5 months later
#6312 10 months ago

This thread is a soup sandwich...

It really has it all:

"F#ck DR!";
"F#ck Stern!";
"F#ck JJP!";
"F#ck AP!";
"F#ck Spooky!";
"F#ck CGC!"
"F#ck Suncoast!";
"F#ck Gottlieb!";
and I think there was even a ""F#ck B/W!" at one point as well, if I'm not mistaken. (Which begs me to ponder, do DE/Sega get no "love", or are they captured by extension of stern? No Gameplane? No Zaccaria? No Capcom?)

By this logic, who will be the first to just come out and say "F#ck Pinball!"?

6 months later
#8645 3 months ago
Quoted from chad:

As well as Something that is posted online say 15 years ago and that persons views changed to a better , but still gets lambasted over it....and loses job or endorsements.

Before cuing the Robert Downey from Tropic Thunder, or Dave Chappelle in whiteface as the news anchor gifs, I'd like to relay a story from my undergrad days.

Two kids down the hall in my dorm, who were randomly paired by the university to be roommates, were almost text-book polar opposites. One kid was from a wealthy suburb of NYC, had a new (then) BMW M3, both parents were well-to-do doctors. Stereotypical "preppy". The whole nine. Mike was going to school to be a doctor himself.

The other kid, was from what most would consider humble roots. Came from a poor family, played baseball but wasn't "good enough" to get a scholarship for it, his dad worked in some crummy factory 7 days a week to make ends meet. Paul was a good student though, and a hard worker, and worked full time during the 4 years I knew him.

Anyways, the two formed an unlikely duo, and were pretty tight. Tight enough that they chose to remain roommates all four years, and met each other's families and what not. Well sophomore year, they decided to go as the other for Halloween. Mike rocked Paul's baggy Carhart jeans, his old redwing boots, and his flannel shirt. Paul dressed up in Mike's Gucci dinner jacket, his designer jeans, and Italian loafers.

If you haven't guessed by now, Mike was black, and Paul was white, and they helped each other with their respective "face-makeup". Everybody that saw them thought it was hilarious, and nobody was offended by it. Many pictures were taken, and the administration didn't get involved. I can't imagine what the reaction by the administration would be in today's world. And this was only 20 years ago.

I'm not going any further than that, I just wish we could all get along, and stop being offended at everything. It makes life so much more fun and interesting.

3 months later
#10991 3 days ago

I could see that pinbar getting smashed right quick in a bar or bowling alley setting, purposefully, or by accident. People punch lockdown bars out of anger or as a save reflex. Some drunk idiot goes to set a beer bottle down a little too quick and...

Interesting concept, but I'm not sure about its implementation. Maybe two small touch screens at both ends under a traditional lockdown bar with windows cut out for it would be better? I guess this is why i don't work in the industry, haha.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
BK Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 11.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 74.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
$ 218.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 47.95
Lighting - Interactive
MicksPinball
Boards
PCB Emporium
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grandnational007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside